To Get Answers, All You Need To Do Is Ask!

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
zoost
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: To Get Answers, All You Need To Do Is Ask!

Post by zoost »

Didnt do any research on this, but I saw these side-by-side 3D PC monitor viewers:

http://www.berezin.com/3d/viewers1.htm

http://www.loreo.com/pages/products/lor ... oto_3.html.

Has anyone any experience with one of these. Can anyone recommend anything for Gaming?

Fredz
Petrif-Eyed
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Post by Fredz »

There have been threads about this already, look for diy prismatic glasses and stereoscopes on the forum.

perko
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by perko »

Not feeling like making another thread so here we go..

Title: HOW IN THE WORLD DO I "SYNCH" COLOURS IN MY ANAGLYPH IMAGE WITH THE COLOURS OF GLASSES?
Ok, longer story. I ordered cheap magenta-green (though I swapped lenses and they're now green-magenta) glasses, from China, obviously - and they're great. I mean, it's way better than regular red-cyan anaglyphs (just a tad darker image but WAY more colours).
So, they don't appear to be the correct glasses to be used with Stereoscopic Player green-magenta option because when things come out of the screen there's ghosting (well, not always but.. you know. How do you call that, big parallax?). If I close my green eye, I'll see bits of magenta image and if I close my magenta eye, there's bits of green image. So I thought to myself, hey why just not change the subtones of the green and magenta so they'd fit the tones of glasses in order to achieve little to no ghosting.
And this is where I'm stuck. How do I do that? I've be playing with settings in Gimp (I don't own PS, sorry) and I just.. can't find those two sweet spots. Any ideas or suggestions?

Likay
Petrif-Eyed
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D Projector Setup

Post by Likay »

The subpixelcolors of the display needs to match the colors of your glasses and the basecolors of a display can't be changed. You should be able to decrease ghosting a bit by adjusting the colors in the displaydriver but it will be on cost of colors/brightness. A better tip would be trying with a different monitor and see if it works better.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by cybereality »

The ghosting properties on anaglyph glasses have more to do with the physical properties of the monitor, and not really anything you can adjust by messing with the color settings. I mean, maybe you can get it a little better or worse, but there will always be some amount of ghosting. Though different filters (even the same color, but a different brand) can have less ghosting with certain monitors. So maybe just experiment with different glasses.

perko
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by perko »

Hmmm I get more or less same results on laptop's monitor and on LCD tv. This leads me to two questions:
1- which green-magenta glasses do work well with Stereoscopic Player?
2- there's still a way -albeit a bit complicated- to change the subtones in StereoPhoto Maker (under "Optimized Anaglyph Settings, these settings currently hold my green-magenta settings that I've found lying around on the internet) so technically I can change subtones in this software but here's another catch: how do I figure out which exact colour hex belong to my glasses? I've tried taking pics of them but the right actual colour never comes out either do to flash, bad lighting, camera settings and so on.

These are the only green-magenta glasses I have right now. I cold order new ones (ie. Trioviz) but that means waiting. I'm trying to work with what I have here at the moment.
I thought this trick can be pulled by tiny changes in filters. Too bad. I'll play with my monitor's settings a bit to see what can be done.

Thanks for answering, by the way :)

PS - speaking of Trioviz, their Batman videos on Youtube actually work fine if I just use current glasses and wear them upside down.

groovyd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by groovyd »

Looking for the latest drivers to integrate a Oculus headset with a DirectX game. Clicked on download page and it says there are no files available. Anyone?

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Kjh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kjh »

It seems that I need some answers from people that are smarter in 3d than myself :P So I came here :D

I'm quite new to the world of stereoscopic 3d, (being I haven't even seen it yet) so I bought some equipment trying to set it all up. Here's the list.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824236293 == Asus 27" VG278HE 3d ready and 144hz refresh...
A used Nvidia 3d ir transmitter....
And an open box nvidia 3d vision 2 pair of glasses.

I plugged everything in ready to use, but the awe inspiring nvidia drivers decide that there isn't a "3d controller driver" after proclaiming all 3d drivers are installed and ready to use on the previous page...
I seem to be at my wit's end and could really use some help...

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I have an EVGA gtx 770 sc 2gb :P

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I would try installing the most recent Nvidia drivers. Make sure to do the clean install. When you enable 3D in the Nvidia options it should walk you through the setup. It will detect the emitter and should allow you to enable 3D. After you do this, press the "Test stereoscopic 3D" button on the bottom of the 3D settings in the control panel. You should see a 3D nvidia logo, and hopefully the emitter will shine bright green. Put on the glasses and press the button on the left to turn them on. At this point it should work. If it doesn't, let me know where it fails.

Mystikgypsy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mystikgypsy »

Hello there everyone,

I am quite desperate for help! I've just received an oculus dev kit and am freakin excited to try games like Skyrim, Half Life 2 and Mirror's Edge.

It would seem that VP 2.0.0.1 is the best open source software for the job :)

However, I've downloaded it from this site and when I try to run the exe nothing happens?? The profile executable work (for setting up game profiles I think), but when I click on the Vireo Percetion executable, nothing happens!

I've tried running as administrator, turned off all virus software and firewalls etc. I'm using windows 7, intel i7, 16 gigs ram, Nvida 6900 series.

Have searched but no one seems to have this problem ;(

MechaEnginer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MechaEnginer »

Hello everyone,
i am new here and want learn and collaborate more with the community :D
What books you recommends about '3d stuff in technology, programming, design games and/or engine' to my Knowledgement addiction?

MechaEnginer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MechaEnginer »

Mystikgypsy wrote:Hello there everyone,

I am quite desperate for help! I've just received an oculus dev kit and am freakin excited to try games like Skyrim, Half Life 2 and Mirror's Edge.

However, I've downloaded it from this site and when I try to run the exe nothing happens?? The profile executable work (for setting up game profiles I think), but when I click on the Vireo Percetion executable, nothing happens!

I've tried running as administrator, turned off all virus software and firewalls etc. I'm using windows 7, intel i7, 16 gigs ram, Nvida 6900 series.

Leaves Windows guy. Got some Linux OS and for you solve problem contact the Oculus Dev Kit Creators supporters. This is my advice.

Guig2000
Cross Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D Projector Setup

Post by Guig2000 »

MechaEnginer wrote:
Mystikgypsy wrote:Hello there everyone,

Leaves Windows guy. Got some Linux OS and for you solve problem contact the Oculus Dev Kit Creators supporters. This is my advice.
And how many time do you take to make it works Vs the time you play? How many games works on Linux Vs windows? Do you know that unfortunately nvidia and AMD OpenGL drivers are not so good than Dx drivers? I use Linux for some works, but for gaming, nothing is better than windows.
Sometimes Linux is a tool that take more time to make it to works than the goal you want obtain, especially if you install some softwares that are not integrated into the distribution packaging system.

Solving the original issue is always better than changing everything.

saucercrab
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by saucercrab »

Hello all,

I'm looking for some VERY basic information or tutorials regarding 3D file formats. Regardless of their poor reviews, I'll be working with the Vuzix 1200DX. I am currently developing some simple videos using Unity 3D but am confused about output. Any answers or links are greatly appreciated!

- Do the Vuzix 3D HMDs use a side-by-side 3D arrangement like the Oculus Rift? (Their website mentions "DVDs and other content [...] not a Field Sequential 3D format...)

- If so, how is the file played on a PC? Once finished with my Unity project, will I output to an .exe file or what? (I've worked with some 3D in the past that simply displayed a "left" and a "right" .mpg for a dual projector setup, but moving into 3D real-time environments means I obviously won't be playing back a simple video file or two.)

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The Vuzix Wrap use a different format from Oculus Rift. The Vuzix use the more common side-by-side (SBS) which is two frames squished into one. Meaning if you had originally a 1280x720 image (720P) then the left and right eye would both be squished into the frame (640x720 for each eye, at half aspect ratio). This is pretty common, for example for Blu-Ray rips or with 3D drivers like TriDef Ignition.

If you want a simple solution, you can try TriDef with your Unity app, and then use something like FRAPS to record the gameplay and play that back in a 3D video player (like Stereoscopic Player). If you app is interactive (like a game, or a panoramic you can look around) then you can't record a video. You would have to export from Unity as an exe file, and then play with a computer.

If you want to get fancy, you can do the stereo rendering native in Unity. There should be plugins you can purchase that will help you do this. Or you can roll-your-own using 2 cameras and scaled viewports.

saucercrab
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by saucercrab »

Very informative reply, thank you very much!

saucercrab
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by saucercrab »

Okay so I'm a little more clear on the 3D formats but am still confused about how how they're "decoded" by hardware like Oculus and Vuzix. Is passive SBS 3D really as simple as a split-screen image that is shown in half resolution? Like, I could theoretically create a 1280x720 .mpg and watch it in the Wrap 1200s as-is, as long as my video is perfectly split down the middle? This seems too good to be true, haha!

BTW, I've installed the TriDef trial and it works flawlessly on my 2D monitor, displaying SBS images from my PC games. I don't understand how a 3D monitor would display these images though. I guess drivers that would be included with a 3D monitor/glasses would "detect" the SBS 3D and display appropriately?

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The Vuzix doesn't do anything fancy to "decode" the image. It just grabs each half and expands it into each eye. You could create a video in the right format and play it back with Windows Media Player.

Though if you are looking for a video viewer, I would recommend the Zeiss Cinemizer OLED over anything from Vuzix. It also supports HDMI 1.4a so you can watch Blu-Ray 3Ds which Vuzix doesn't support (without ripping them first). The Zeiss can also do the simple SBS format for better compatibility.

saucercrab
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by saucercrab »

Thanks again for the help and the recommendation of the Cinemizer. I've sampled the Vuzix and was a bit disappointed with the resolution, but the OLED looks much better for sure!

Lycon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lycon »

*wrong topic i guess* sry

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”