5 Killer Augmented Reality Features for Museums & Education

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
INDE
One Eyed Hopeful

5 Killer Augmented Reality Features for Museums & Education

Post by INDE »

UNLOCKS
FEATURE: An iPad/Android based augmented reality application can recognise existing print material, GPS locations, sounds and objects to start an experience of any kind.
BENEFIT: An augmented reality application can be retrofitted to existing spaces or exhibition designs to unlock new layers of content from video, text, audio or 3D. In short, it can create a visual tour guide application for the next generation that is adaptable, updatable and viewable without extensive hardware.

RESURRECTS
FEATURE: AUGMENTED REALITY APPLICATIONS CAN DISPLAY 3D CONTENT IN A REAL WORLD CAMERA VIEWS.
BENEFIT: Augmented reality’s ability to display 3D objects in a real world setting can effectively resurrect people and objects that were previously unviewable. People and characters from hundreds of years can be “brought to life” in front of users with a consumer level device that most now have in their pocket.

RECREATES
FEATURE: Augmented reality applications can display multiple pieces of 3D content in a real world camera view simultaneously.
BENEFIT: With modern AR applications capable of showing a large amount of 3D and animation it is possible for mobile applications to render and display entire building interiors and exteriors to allow people to move around inside them.

IMMERSES
FEATURE: Augmented reality applications can act as “viewers” of 360 degree environments in 3D and photo.
BENEFIT: With mainstream VR a little way off, AR can turn everyday devices into to VR viewers of entire rooms and worlds within a simple app.

ENGAGES
FEATURE: Augmented reality applications can built to include conventional gaming techniques and interactivity.
BENEFIT: Including gaming techniques into the augmented reality experiences creates unlimited interactivity which is a cornerstone of how Generation Y interact with entertainment content.

DavidJones
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: 5 Killer Augmented Reality Features for Museums & Educat

Post by DavidJones »

A very interesting opinion I think of augmented reality. To understand the positive or negative impact is augmented reality, I propose to still understand and learn this technology better. I recently found an excellent guide about augmented reality app development , hope it will be interested for you .

Nyu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Nyu »

I was reading about the applications of virtual and aumented reality a couple of days ago in a spanish VR website and I find it really interesting. Specially the VR applications for education.

Apparently the spanish arqueological national museum is already usign this technology to recreate old eras and relevant events in the history of Spain. How cool is that?

I remember how boring it was for me to sudy history at school. If tools like this one had existed back then it would have been much more fun. I am sure this will boost the students engagement dramatically. As I read in that website, we tend to memorize easier the things that we live or feel rather than the things that we read.

AlbertoD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AlbertoD »

The truth that augmented reality has a potential, practically infinite in many sectors of any industry, starting from medicine, architecture, etc., etc. An endless number of possibilities, which not only apply to the working world, in the not too distant future, will also change our day to day. I found this page about wearables, especially everything related to augmented reality.

nick89
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nick89 »

Benefits for using AR for museums and education are very high. Teaching materials are becoming clearer for students, and the learning process itself is made fun and effective. If you have an idea to develop such an AR application, contact with experts in augmented reality mobile app development.

NopeU
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NopeU »

Hello. I'm interested in developing a working version of the marketplace in virtual reality. The user can see goods from different categories on the Marketplace of virtual reality, for example, such as cars, furniture, electronics, jewelry, etc. As well as read detailed information about the product. The project is currently under the development of the final software product. You can find a lot of useful information about web development on marketing platforms here https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-shop ... companies/

MikeKramer
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: 5 Killer Augmented Reality Features for Museums & Education

Post by MikeKramer »

Augmented reality is one of the latest software development trends. And creating such an application will undoubtedly be very helpful for students. You can also check https://computools.com/vr-ar-software-development/ to get more information about AR

astin00
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by astin00 »

Hi guys, I'm interested in developing a working version of the marketplace in virtual reality. Thanks for this post. gta 5 cheats

Ankit86
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ankit86 »

Wow, the features are amazing. I just loved it , if you can share the features of flutter technology then that would be great. As I am new to technologies and learning flutter App Development for getting a high paid job.If you can share that it would be great.As I am searching for that for a long time.
Ankit Kumar
App Development lead at Grey Chain

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”