[TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

[TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation

Post by Losti »

:3D
:woot
It is now time to publish my work from the past two weeks (with very limited time). I wrote a script that enables the user to install a suitable and working 3D vision driver without having to pay much attention to it. The goal was a ONE-CLICK program for the NV-3D-Vision Driver installation, which I have almost achieved with this.

Basics:
~~~~~~~~~
- this tool is completely written in BATCH (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batch_file) ... BECAUSE I AM OLD SCHOOL
- THANK YOU: "schwing" for the NV-DRIVER-HACK for Win 10 later 1809 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- THANK YOU: "Robert256" for yout tool: "BringBack3DV" (i use this here for get the hack applyed for the files if needed, because i dont know how to do this in batch!!!)
- THANK YOU: DSS, Bo3b (a.k. bo3bber) and any prev. involved peoples for 3D-MIGOTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- THANK YOU: PaulDusler and bo3bber for 3DFM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- THANK YOU: Masaterotaku, you are the reason for MANY of the 3D-Fiexes out there!!! Your sacrifice for 3D and this community is simply indescribable!!!!!!!
- THANK YOU: File Host Sposor: Image https://www.inetsolutions.de/

@ the users: THINK ABOUT WHAT THOSE PEOPLES WRITTEN ABOVE HAVE DONE FOR YOU, even if they are not or less active!!!!!! ...

Donations for to show appreciation and provide funding towards future game fixes:

• DarkStarSword PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/DarkStarSword Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/DarkStarSword
• masterotaku PayPal: masterotakusuko@gmail.com
• Bo3b Johnson Purchease: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127310/HelixVision/
• PaulDusler PayPal: duselpaul86@gmx.de
• Helifax PayPal: tavyhome@gmail.com
• DHR PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/DHRdonation
• DJ-RK PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/DShanz
• eqzitara PayPal: eqzitara@YAHOO.COM
• Flugan PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/UlfJ
• Losti PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/Losti3D

Intention behind this:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since the 3D vision no longer works with drivers after version 452.XX, there have been increasing reports of not working 3D in games. There is also a lot of experimentation and drivers installed back and forth. Back then, when I tracked down the problem with drivers after 425.XX, when 3D Vision could no longer be installed, I noticed that a CLEAN installation is worth gold. Often times, problems are associated with installing one driver on top of the other. I also can't say enough: USE DDU and reinstall the driver .... In the end, if the problems persist, I don't know whether it is an installation error or actually a problem with the 3D fix.

For this reason I wanted to create a tool that eliminates these question marks. Start, choose the driver and wait until the installation is done. The tool I am now releasing is close to a ONE CLICK APPLICATION, which enables exactly that. The only thing that the user has to decide is which driver to install and whether or not he wants Geforce Experience. Everything else is carried out without any user action, except for the login after a system restart :-)

What this Tool do:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The tool enables you to install a suitable 3D vision driver for your system with a previously performed CLEANEUP using DDU. As a result, you get a driver that works for 3D-Vision, and is guaranteed to be based on a clean installation. You also have the option to cleanly install a driver of your choice, but you will receive this notification according to the 3D vision suitability. All you have to do is follow the instructions on the screen, which are very minimal. You also have the option of installing game profiles from a newer driver for an older one. I try to keep this as current as possible. A driver as well as a profile and program update are automatically displayed and made available to you if they are available on my server. If you start the tool regularly, you can keep your system for 3D vision gaming up-to-date, every update is then done with just a few actions, without having to go through various forum posts. The tool warns you if certain things like the driver hack are not activated, if you need it for your current system to enable 3D vision gaming. With regard to the driver hack, the option is given to switch it on and off. The tool is compatible with the 3D-Fix-Manager (3DFM) regarding the driver hack, which means that you can use both: 3DFM to start games in 3D or: this tool if you do NOT start a game with 3DFM. The tool gives you clear information about whether you are ready to start games in 3D or not, and if not, what you have to do to get it.

In summary the tool will do:

- detect your operating system (OS) and the NV-Driver you are on

- give you info about 3D-Profile Updates and let you install it (start the tool from time to time to check for updates)

- provide 2 suitible drivers to save and clean install for 3D-Vision (425.31 (latest official working with 3DV) or the latest one working with comminity hacks) - including download and installation
- give you the option to save and clean install any driver you want (by adding the driver file to the tools "userscustomdriver" folder)

- automatic program update (start the tool from time to time to check for updates)

- give you info about the state of the Driver-Hack, in dependency of your system if its needed, and an option to turn on or off

- give you info about the suitability of your current setup for play games in 3D-Vision (start the tool from time to time to check for updates)

The tool will perform ANTIVIRUS critical actions:
- change Registry entries (for startup)
- write delete and rename files (driver related and temp files)
- execute programs (7-zip, BringBack3DV, wget, rcedit, GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager)
- change user permissions for several system relevant folders (in: ....\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository)
- create desktop icon

When you should or can use the tool:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- to check if your current driver setup is suitible for 3D-Vision gaming
- to perform a clean driver installation that is suitible for 3D-Vision if you have problems with your current setup, without having much hands on time
- to easily switch between drivers in approx. 5 mins if you need, e.g. between latest GameReadyDriver for VR and latest suitible for 3D-Vision gaming
- to perform a clean driver installation of your choice without having much hands on time
- to install the latest GAME-PROFILES for your current driver
- to check if there are new GAME-PROFILES available for your current driver installation
- to check if there is a new a NEW driver avialable for 3D-Vision gaming

What YOU have to do:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- DISABLE ANY antivirus activity, if you dont trust me, do not use this tool!
- Download: http://web396.inetseite.de/3dprofiles/3 ... Changer.7z
- extract the archive to a desired directory
- add a nvidia driver installation file to the folder "userscustomdriver" in case you want to install any other driver than 425.31 or the latest suitible for 3DV (with community hacks)
- start 3D-Vision_Driver_Changer.cmd
-----FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS, its not much!!!
- Make your choice to install:
.....[1] = 425.31
.....[2] = latest suitible for 3DV (with community hacks)
.....[3] = your desired driver, in case you have added one to the folder "userscustomdriver"
.....[9] = update your game profiles, if there is an update and you dont want to install any driver (updates are displayed in green letters here)
- follow the things on the screen, the safe way: KEEP YOUR DAMN FINGERS AWAY from the keyboard or mouse until you are asked for an imput :-)
- within the installation progress your system will reboot several times, the only thing you have to do is to decide if you want to install NV-Geforce Experiance or not (you will be ask for this one)
- if everything is finished, you have the choice to install the driver hack if your system needs it
- if everything is finished, you have the choice to install latest GAME-PROFILES
------ Driver-Hack changes and GAME-PROFILES updates can be performed from the main menu after the driver installation, any time you start the tool again

ISSUES??
Please let me know if there are any problems. I'll try to fix it as soon as possible. During the programming phase, I started the great 50 times on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 and tested different options and variants to catch errors and make the tool safe. However, I cannot look behind the scenes of every system and even if I have tried that, I cannot predict every USER ERROR. Approx. 80% of the time for this tool went into ERROR HANDLING, but it can still lead to unpredictable behavior. If problems are not automatically corrected by the tool by recognizing errors, please start "z_Reset.cmd" in the tool directory. Should you still have any questions or problems, please leave a post here, I'll try to help you as soon as possible.

Cheers, LOSTI.
Last edited by Losti on Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

harisukro
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: [TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation

Post by harisukro »

Thanks outstanding work.

RAGEdemon
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D Projector Setup

Re: [TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation

Post by RAGEdemon »

Wow! Thank you for this Losti! Your work is amazing, as always! :woot
Edit: Clarity | Windows 10 64-Bit | 7700K @ 5.1GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3956MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | Oculus Rift CV1

skyrimer
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by skyrimer »

This is interesting, mostly the part where you can change from one driver to another in 5 minutes. If we get stuck with an old driver for 3d and new games require a newer driver, this would surely help to change from one driver to another.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
NVIDIA 1080 Ti MSI AERO
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers

Visit http://www.gamermovil.com for a ton of mobile news and more!

Blacksmith60
Cross Eyed!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Great work again Losti, thank you so much !

One of these days, I will finally install Win10 :)

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

skyrimer wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:38 am This is interesting, mostly the part where you can change from one driver to another in 5 minutes. If we get stuck with an old driver for 3d and new games require a newer driver, this would surely help to change from one driver to another.
Given, the time its "a bit" dependend on your system and the speed the drivers and files will be installed :-)))))

But you do not have to do anything except the decission to install Geforce 'Experiance or not in the driver installation progress. IF you have no user login on your machine: After answering the NV-GFE question you can get to have a smoke or whatever you want, if you return you willsee 3D-Vision wizzard, finish this and start playing .-.)

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:08 am Great work again Losti, thank you so much !

One of these days, I will finally install Win10 :)
The Tool will work for Win 4/8/10 btw, without any selection of the OS, automatically.

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

I have added some screenshots in the description :-)

Alfredkuac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alfredkuac »

There are no words that can express my thanks for you, Losti, and all the team behind!
Greeting from Spain! I will share this post in the spanish forums!!!

Alfredkuac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alfredkuac »

Hi Losti,
I tried to update the driver on friend's laptop and we couldnt update the driver, we had a problem updating the profiles, we got this error message:
We were clicking Import button and selecting the .txt from the default directory...what are we doing wrong? we lost the 3D setting from the nvidia control panel :(
Thanks!

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Alfredkuac wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:41 am Hi Losti,
I tried to update the driver on friend's laptop and we couldnt update the driver, we had a problem updating the profiles, we got this error message:
We were clicking Import button and selecting the .txt from the default directory...what are we doing wrong? we lost the 3D setting from the nvidia control panel :(
Thanks!
No panic .-)

I could not test if the tool needs admin rights on some systems even if you are system admin. I only have had this problem for update the profiles on systems having driver that is much older than 425.31.

So at first time:

1. Restart your system
2. start driver changer
3. try to update your profiles again

If you still get this error, CLOSE the NV_GF3DProfileManager, you will get a not success message. DO NOT PRESS any kay in the driver tool just exit it with the X in the upper right to close the tool. Navigate to the tools install folder. There you should have a NV_GF3DProfileManager.exe. Right click this and try import again.

Plrease report back, THANKS!

Alfredkuac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alfredkuac »

Losti wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:14 am
Thanks!
No panic .-)

I could not test if the tool needs admin rights on some systems even if you are system admin. I only have had this problem for update the profiles on systems having driver that is much older than 425.31.

So at first time:

1. Restart your system
2. start driver changer
3. try to update your profiles again

If you still get this error, CLOSE the NV_GF3DProfileManager, you will get a not success message. DO NOT PRESS any kay in the driver tool just exit it with the X in the upper right to close the tool. Navigate to the tools install folder. There you should have a NV_GF3DProfileManager.exe. Right click this and try import again.

Plrease report back, THANKS!
During the first try I moved the .txt to a different location and I deleted it by mistake :(
Now the default directory when I search for the file is where I copied and deleted the file (c:)...where is the original directory? is there a way to create it again?
Thanks Losti!
(Ill reward you in paypal!)

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Alfredkuac wrote: During the first try I moved the .txt to a different location and I deleted it by mistake :(
Now the default directory when I search for the file is where I copied and deleted the file (c:)...where is the original directory? is there a way to create it again?
Thanks Losti!
(Ill reward you in paypal!)
Sure, you simply have to restart the tool, if the update was not sucessfull it should present you the update for profiles again. If not:

You can delete the "ProfileUpdate" and the "ProfileVersion" filefrom the driver tool directory and than start the tool OR just download it here:

http://web396.inetseite.de/3dprofiles/N ... ofiles.txt

(right click the link and choose save link...)

Alfredkuac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alfredkuac »

I have still have the same issue :(
My hardware is an Alienware Laptop M17x R4 - GTX680M.
But before getting this error I got a different one:
"3D vision and your graphic driver don't match"....
:(
Next steps?

Edit: I tried to export, save the file and import again, the process working as expected, but the drivers are not updated.

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Alfredkuac wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:51 am I have still have the same issue :(
My hardware is an Alienware Laptop M17x R4 - GTX680M.
But before getting this error I got a different one:
"3D vision and your graphic driver don't match"....
:(
Next steps?

Edit: I tried to export, save the file and import again, the process working as expected, but the drivers are not updated.

Your graphic card DO NOT support drivers later 425.31:

If you have installed a later driver, this can explain the import ERROR for the profiles. Install 425.31, thats also the SUGGESTED way to play 3D form the 3DFM team. You should not have any disadvantage if you use the latest profiles if this is possible. I just wonder about how a GTX-680M can handle 3D-gaming?? I for one have a GTX-850M on my Laptop and 2D gaming for any game later than the dragon age inquisition was ... lets say not really cool to play ^^
Last edited by Losti on Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alfredkuac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alfredkuac »

It's not a custom driver, it's the driver downloaded from the tool.
I couldn't import the txt, I got the error that I commented. But this window with the option to "import" has anothe option to "export", I tried that, created a new .txt and import it again. And it worked according the setup, but the driver is not updated.

I tried now to install the official drivers 425.31, and i can test the 3D with the nvidia assistant, but 3D is not working in games. Checking the refresh rate is 60hz, I select 120hz, but when I click OK, the refresh rate is again 60hz...I don't know why 120hz is not valid in 3d mode. I can use 120hz when I disable 3D from the nvidia panel..this is so weird.

Thank you in advance Losti!
PD: sent you a small thanks through Paypal ;)

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Is it working or not ^^ If not, may be because of the outdated Laptop ^^ ?? May be your display is not supporting 120 Hz?

a31632
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

Losti wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:35 pm Is it working or not ^^ If not, may be because of the outdated Laptop ^^ ?? May be your display is not supporting 120 Hz?
NVidia doesn't support the chipset of these "old cards" anymore.
My old laptop has a 780m card and they don't support these anymore.

The below is one of the many articles about it online, they stopped supporting these together with the infamous pulling of 3D Vision support.

I got 3D Vision working on my laptop (Alienware 17 with 780m card) by manually editing the driver files in the (at that time) new driver in January and using the "old" fixes (we didn't have any automated fixes at that time yet)

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2874 ... obile-gpus

a31632
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

a31632 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:14 pm
Losti wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:35 pm Is it working or not ^^ If not, may be because of the outdated Laptop ^^ ?? May be your display is not supporting 120 Hz?
NVidia doesn't support the chipset of these "old cards" since 2019.
My old laptop has a 780m card and they don't support these anymore.

The below is one of the many articles about it online, they stopped supporting these together with the infamous pulling of 3D Vision support.

I got 3D Vision working on my laptop (Alienware 17 with 780m card) by manually editing the driver files in the (at that time) new driver in January and using the "old" fixes (we didn't have any automated fixes at that time yet)

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2874 ... obile-gpus

Alfredkuac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alfredkuac »

Hi Losti, I have downloaded the 425.21 from nvidia I can play again in 3D, no issues at all.
But I would like to update the profile, but after trying from your tool I got this error: FAIL: "You DO NOT HAVE IMPORTED the new profiles ... press a key to try again ...."
I selected the txt that you upload here and I see a "Success" in the little window that is open to select the file, but in the CMD I see that it's not working
any idea?
Thank you in advance!

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Alfredkuac wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:25 am Hi Losti, I have downloaded the 425.21 from nvidia I can play again in 3D, no issues at all.
But I would like to update the profile, but after trying from your tool I got this error: FAIL: "You DO NOT HAVE IMPORTED the new profiles ... press a key to try again ...."
I selected the txt that you upload here and I see a "Success" in the little window that is open to select the file, but in the CMD I see that it's not working
any idea?
Thank you in advance!
Lets say the prove of the things from the tool are a bit BETA and not a REAL prove. The tool checks the presents of the existance a running GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager. and SECOND its checks for a file created after profile update. If you will recieve the FAIL message, you have closed this lottle program BEFORE importing the profiles. Means the GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager was closed and the file for check of existance didnt exist. Thats teh normal way. If you say you HAVE imported and you get the sucess message fom GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager means:

1. You have done the things right
2. you have closed the GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager
3. the file was, why ever, not created that shouldafter profile update so the driver change tool tells you FAIL

==> Have you closed the GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager manually after the sucess message and THAN the tool tells you FAIL, or was GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager closed after its success message and the driver canger tells you FAIL at all?
==> Have you tried the procedure twice?

AT THE END it doesnt really matters what the Driver changer tells you (FOR/WHILE performing profile update), if you use GeForce 3D Settings Profile Managerm import a profile txt-file and it tells you SUCCESS. :woot But its a bit wired why this behavior happens. But as i told you, its no a REAL prove ^^

So, do you have updated the profiles to version 457.09 or the prev. one? If you have updated to 457.09, you can check if this was OK by checking the existance of the Whatch Dogs: Legion profile with profile inspector.

If you dont have Profile inspector:
http://web396.inetseite.de/3dprofiles/N ... ctorDmW.7z

Just type in watch and have a look the list.

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

Ran it yesterday to install 441.20 but after two auto-restarts it ended up installing 432. I wonder if it's some issue with my system as a few months back I wasn't able to install 425 - even when I tried manually, I was ending up with 432.

I ended up installing 441.2 manually.
Ryzen 5 3600X, RTX2060, 16GB ram, Windows 1909, nVidia 452.06, SSD.

Scarhead
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Scarhead »

Hi Losti,
I used your tool to install the latest Nvidia driver. The whole process worked fine but now I want to change back to the latest working 3D driver. But the tool closes after the " UPDATING available suitible 3D-Vision Driver-Information ....
NOTE: THIS can take upto 15 seconds...." I tried many times starting as admin, did a reset with z_reset.cmd, deactivated firewall and virus detection but it doesn't work no more.

Can you tell me what to do?

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Scarhead wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:48 pm Hi Losti,
I used your tool to install the latest Nvidia driver. The whole process worked fine but now I want to change back to the latest working 3D driver. But the tool closes after the " UPDATING available suitible 3D-Vision Driver-Information ....
NOTE: THIS can take upto 15 seconds...." I tried many times starting as admin, did a reset with z_reset.cmd, deactivated firewall and virus detection but it doesn't work no more.

Can you tell me what to do?
What about if you delete the Tool and unpack and Start again?

Scarhead
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Scarhead »

That does not help, the tool shuts down itself.

Also while "UPDATING available suitible 3D-Vision Driver-Information .... NOTE: THIS can take upto 15 seconds....".

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Very strange. Ill give you a file to debug the things later in the evening. Question before: what path do you have installed the Tool?

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Scarhead wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:34 pm That does not help, the tool shuts down itself.

Also while "UPDATING available suitible 3D-Vision Driver-Information .... NOTE: THIS can take upto 15 seconds....".
Can ypou please get the archive i have attached and extract this to the mainfolderfrom the config tool?
Cany you than please run the debug_crash.cmd and WAIT until it will close. Than please send me the created debug_crash.txt, please!

JUST run, do not use any link, do not use run as admin!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

djgrege
One Eyed Hopeful
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Post by djgrege »

Thanks!
I have not tried Losti's program, but I know that I cannot export all my NVI profiles into text format, and reimport. It simply does not work. The only way I can export profiles is via .NIP files, which then can be imported. You can export "all custom profiles" via .NIP and use that to import after a driver update. But that is the only way I know how to export/import on my system. I have no idea why the .txt version does not work.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”