Cross Eyed!

Re: iZ3D in 2020

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

error

bo3bber
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by bo3bber »

john105 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:13 pmI've never used iZ3D, so I thought I wouldn't be a very good tester. But seeing that nobody here really made it work, I decided to give it a try.

Installation went well. It installs 2 kernel-mode drivers and 2 services. They have the following description:

iZ3DInjectionDriver / Driver inject our D3D and OGL wrappers
iZ3D Driver\Win64\S3DInjectionDriver.sys

iZ3DShutterService
system32\Drivers\iZ3DShutterService.sys

S3DSvc64 / S3D Service (Win64) / Inject and UnInject 3D driver
iZ3D Driver\Win64\S3DCService.exe

S3DSvc32 / S3DSvc64 / Inject and UnInject 3D driver
iZ3D Driver\Win32\S3DCService.exe

I tried it with 2 old games, Half-Life 2 and Dead Space. Anaglyph mode worked fine in both games and both built-in tests. Even the "iZShutterOutput" mode kind of worked, but unfortunately it doesn't look like it's compatible with 3D Vision. I just saw a blinking double image in that mode.

I did it on Core i9-9900KS, GTX 1080 Ti, 3D Vision monitor, Win 7 and 425.31 driver.
Thank you kindly for trying out the prior version and determining the state. This is really helpful to know. If you are motivated, maybe try playing a game in anaglyph since it's working and see what you think of the 3D itself.

I've experimented with the install on Win10, and it will blue screen during installation. The installation of the kernel driver has an illegal reference bug somewhere, and since it's running in privileged mode, it will blue screen. I'm going to contact the vendor for the hook library and see if we might be able to get an open-source license, as the easiest path.

bo3bber
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by bo3bber »

Guig2000 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:22 am I now remember that D3D10+ IZ3D injection stopped to works on Nvidia after some GeForce driver version (maybe 230 something).

EDIT:
A method that activate 3Dvision glasses for iZ3D: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... ision-gla/
Thanks for the key info here. I've not used iZ3D except for a SystemShock2 long back, so am mostly unfamiliar.

It doesn't look like 3D Vision was ever supported directly via iz3d. But of course there is a lot of code here to check through and understand.

I've setup the GitHub starting repo for the project, so we are a 'real' thing now. https://github.com/bo3b/iZ3D

I've spent a fair bit of time reading the code and understanding the components, and I think the DX11 support is possibly better than I expected. It's written as DX10 support, but there is almost no architectural difference between the two.

To understand better, I'll need to get something that I can actually run. This will be at least a couple of months of work, probably more, unless we can get a madchook license. (Too pricey for us, but the author said he supports open-source projects on occasion.)

john105
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by john105 »

bo3bber wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:37 am Thank you kindly for trying out the prior version and determining the state. This is really helpful to know. If you are motivated, maybe try playing a game in anaglyph since it's working and see what you think of the 3D itself.

I've experimented with the install on Win10, and it will blue screen during installation. The installation of the kernel driver has an illegal reference bug somewhere, and since it's running in privileged mode, it will blue screen. I'm going to contact the vendor for the hook library and see if we might be able to get an open-source license, as the easiest path.
I don't have any glasses for anaglyph to try, but luckily I was able to make iZ3D work with 3D Vision by following the instructions from the link that Guig2000 gave on the last page( https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... ision-gla/ ). The only thing I did differently was using 3D Vision Photo Viewer instead of photos.3dvisionlive.com that is no longer available. It works fine except for one thing, eyes are getting swapped from time to time like mentioned in the above topic.

Overall I liked iZ3D in the 2 games that I tried. But it's still not as good as fixes from our shaderhackers. Some minor things were displayed incorrectly.

What I really hated about iZ3D is it's very intrusive. It injects its dlls in most processes, even the ones that don't use Direct3D or OpenGL. It causes 2 types of problems for some programs. 1. Showing the "Can't load output DLL" message on top of the GUI. 2. Crashes the program. A good example is DDU, which is affected by both issues. Some other programs are affected by #1 but not #2. #1 can be fixed by unchecking "Enable stereo at application startup" and #2 only by "Disable Driver". It looks like only maybe 5% of programs that I have are affected, but still, it would be really annoying to constantly disable and reenable it.

vegetableharry
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vegetableharry »

Hi,

is the code only for you available or is it open source now?
I would really like to take a look at it.

Ciao Veggie

Guig2000
Cross Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D Projector Setup

Post by Guig2000 »

john105, there is a blacklist into the config file .xml in order to avoid that.
But the driver have a performance impact if loaded, even in 2D mode, so the good idea is to disable iZ3D when not needed.

john105
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by john105 »

vegetableharry wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:29 pm Hi,

is the code only for you available or is it open source now?
I would really like to take a look at it.

Ciao Veggie
The link was posted earlier:
bo3bber wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:41 am I've setup the GitHub starting repo for the project, so we are a 'real' thing now. https://github.com/bo3b/iZ3D

Guig2000 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:42 pm john105, there is a blacklist into the config file .xml in order to avoid that.
But the driver have a performance impact if loaded, even in 2D mode, so the good idea is to disable iZ3D when not needed.
Thanks, it's good to know. But in any case, I don't think I'll really be using it. I only installed it to test because bo3b asked. I wanted to mention these issues as something I would not like to see in the open source version. I think a black list is the worst option to deal with the problem because I would need to add all software I have to it to be safe. Some kind of a white list would be better, and the way 3D Vision "just works" without any black/white lists or disabling/enabling it every time would be perfect (but maybe not achievable).

Generally I prefer software without drivers or services because it means that it's not something always running in the background and won't interfere with the system unless started manually (like Helifax's wrapper for example) or by a game via a .dll copied to its folder (like 3Dmigoto).

Guig2000
Cross Eyed!

Post by Guig2000 »

The best way in order to avoid that may be the tridef ignition way, where only games that are launched within the ignition control panel runs in S3D.
But it avoid microsoft game store games to works. So it still require an additional general "on" swich for this games.

mhalsan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mhalsan »

I'm very glad to hear IZ3D might be started back up. It was the first 3D driver I used back in 2008, under WinXP.

Is there a crowd-fund or Patreon set up for this yet?

Thanks, Mark

Feisty_Fernando
Cross Eyed!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

mhalsan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:11 pm I'm very glad to hear IZ3D might be started back up. It was the first 3D driver I used back in 2008, under WinXP.

Is there a crowd-fund or Patreon set up for this yet?

Thanks, Mark
I'd be curious to see if the dual-projector output for passive projection could be unlocked for non-AMD video cards.

3DNovice
Cross Eyed!

Post by 3DNovice »

RAGEdemon wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:56 am 4. There is a marked output for which we can modify hardware to use shutter glasses with
I'm assuming that you are referring to the blue line code inserted by iz3D in each frame for frame sequential mode, that could possibly be leveraged to make
3D Vision glasses/emitters and monitors viable. Perhaps it could be leveraged to give proper extinction on non 3D Vision 120Hz monitors that seem to suffer from in-resolvable ghosting.
As well as allowing 144Hz and above 3D experiences :)

Wowfunhappy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Wowfunhappy »

bo3bber wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:41 am To understand better, I'll need to get something that I can actually run. This will be at least a couple of months of work, probably more, unless we can get a madchook license. (Too pricey for us, but the author said he supports open-source projects on occasion.)
So, I guess you've ruled out switching it to EasyHook/Deviare/Detours?

As an onlooker, it seems to me that switching to a fully OSS option would be more "future proof" over the long term (no reliance on a single company for continued development), and could make it easier for people to contribute the overall project.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”