RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post Reply
Muojo
Two Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:50 pm

RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by Muojo »

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/09/ ... aper-gpus/

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidi ... 080-review

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3 ... benchmarks

So the card is really promising for 4K. As someone thats locked into 4K because of my 3D OLED, this seems like a good upgrade from a 1080 Ti. Hell I might for once not buy an Nvidia card from ebay. Question now is, will we be able to port 3DVision to it

User avatar
Necropants
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:05 pm
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by Necropants »

I'm quietly hopeful the driver injection will still work. Unless Nvidia have cottoned on and have decided to be complete jerks about it. I think they just dropped support officially so they didn't have to deal with support issues with it anymore.
Fingers crossed anyway.

User avatar
skyrimer
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:43 am

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by skyrimer »

Tons of reviews and summary of each one here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comment ... egathread/
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
NVIDIA 1080 Ti MSI AERO
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers

Visit http://www.gamermovil.com for a ton of mobile news and more!

Shift-E
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:26 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by Shift-E »

Muojo wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:14 pm So the card is really promising for 4K. As someone thats locked into 4K because of my 3D OLED, this seems like a good upgrade from a 1080 Ti. Hell I might for once not buy an Nvidia card from ebay. Question now is, will we be able to port 3DVision to it
Just a friendly reminder, that if the fix is using 3DMigoto, you are not locked into 4K on 3D OLED. You have the option of dropping down to 1440 or any other resolution using TaB format. I personally prefer 1440/60 over 2160/30 for 3D on demanding games, so I mostly use TaB output on my LG OLED unless a game with HDR requires native 4k format or the HDR won't work correctly - in that case I just let the EDID do its job. I even find the TaB image to have less ghosting than the EDID 4k line interlaced image, I think the TV's conversion processing of the top and bottom images might clean it up a little...but I digress..

Pure Mana Supreme
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by Pure Mana Supreme »

Here's my thoughts on the 3080 if anyone is interested: https://www.overclock.net/threads/nvidi ... 304/page-4 (OC.net handle = Mooncheese) my conclusion is on that page, but youre welcome to go back and look at my prediction and analysis before the 3080 reviews went live (which were accurate): https://www.overclock.net/threads/nvidi ... v.1773304/

Cliffnotes version:

Condolences to all of the people who panic sold their 2080 Ti for $500 on ebay thinking the 3080 was truly 2x the performance of the 2080 (and 65% faster than 2080 Ti).

Here's what overclocked 2080 Ti looks like compared to overclocked 3080 @ 4K (20%).

https://twitter.com/1usmus/status/1306254834383941633

Do note that this shrinks to 10% at 1440p.

So unless youre at 4K there is no point in upgrading.

Steam Survey: Steam Hardware & Software Survey

2% of systems surveyed are at 3840x2160

Muojo
Two Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:50 pm

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by Muojo »

Shift-E wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:35 am
Muojo wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:14 pm So the card is really promising for 4K. As someone thats locked into 4K because of my 3D OLED, this seems like a good upgrade from a 1080 Ti. Hell I might for once not buy an Nvidia card from ebay. Question now is, will we be able to port 3DVision to it
Just a friendly reminder, that if the fix is using 3DMigoto, you are not locked into 4K on 3D OLED. You have the option of dropping down to 1440 or any other resolution using TaB format. I personally prefer 1440/60 over 2160/30 for 3D on demanding games, so I mostly use TaB output on my LG OLED unless a game with HDR requires native 4k format or the HDR won't work correctly - in that case I just let the EDID do its job. I even find the TaB image to have less ghosting than the EDID 4k line interlaced image, I think the TV's conversion processing of the top and bottom images might clean it up a little...but I digress..
How would I know if it is using 3DMigoto?
Secondly what is this TaB output you speak of and how would I access it? @Shift-E

thebigdogma
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 am

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by thebigdogma »

Unless I am missing something, upgrading to the 3K series makes no sense at the current time for 3DV gamers.

Even if the issues with the driver are solvable, there is still one huge issue... the reason that these new GPUs are attractive to PC gamers is because of the introduction of "next-gen" features like ray-tracing on consoles. Game developers are driven by the console market - they will do what they need to be successful on PS and Xbox before considering how their work translates to PC.

Based on looking at games like Horizon: Zero Dawn, Marvel's Avengers, Cyberpunk 2077 and others shipping now or this Holiday season, the move to DX 12 as the graphic API of choice is well underway.

Sure, you can have the latest and greatest with the 3K series but, until there is a solution for 3Dmigoto and DX 12 (in addition to the 3DV driver), 3DV's future for the bigger, AAA games is tough sledding (with the exception of Helifax's Vulkan lifeline.)

I would LOVE to be wrong on this and hope that I am, but I will be sticking with my 1070 and 1080p/3DV for the games I have and hope that I can make those new games that use DX12 work to a decent level of satisfaction in 3DV (like I was able to do with Marvel Avengers), enjoy anything I can through Helifax's Vulkan solution and any fixes that come from our game fixers using that solution... and invest in a PS5 instead of a 3K card for those games where playing in 3DV isn't possible and where I want to take advantage of 4K/ray-tracing, Sony's first-party exclusives and its next-generation of PSVR.

VegetaSuperSaiyan
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:45 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by VegetaSuperSaiyan »

I love so much 3d vision, but not many AAA games were fixed last 2 years. Have to move on to dx12 RTX 1440p 144hz gaming!
When will RDR2 be fixed?

VegetaSuperSaiyan
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:45 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by VegetaSuperSaiyan »

I will get 3080 soon, I'll post 3d vision review for sure

User avatar
Chtiblue
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:52 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by Chtiblue »

VegetaSuperSaiyan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:06 am I will get 3080 soon, I'll post 3d vision review for sure
Thanks but without prior hacking the driver and make it work with 3Dvision, your 2080 is useless :(
But let's hope for the hacking!

thebigdogma
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 am

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by thebigdogma »

VegetaSuperSaiyan wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:35 am I love so much 3d vision, but not many AAA games were fixed last 2 years. Have to move on to dx12 RTX 1440p 144hz gaming!
When will RDR2 be fixed?
? Not sure what you consider to be AAA, but here is a list of what I consider to be AAA games that have been fixed by the talented folk in our community over the past two years...

Every UE4 game thanks to Losti's Universal Fix
Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - thanks to DJ-RK
Darksiders 3 - thanks to DHR (miss you, buddy!)
Borderlands 3 - thanks to DJ-RK
Battlefield 1 - thanks to Helifax
Battlefield V - thanks to DHR
Control - thanks to Losti
Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy - thanks to Masterotaku
Devil May Cry V - thanks to Masterotaku
Dishonored 2/Dishonored: Death of the Outsider - thanks to DHR and Masterotaku
Final Fantasy XV - thanks to Masterotaku
Injustice 2 - thanks to DHR
Mass Effect: Andromeda - thanks to DSS and Helifax
Metro: Exodus - thanks to Losti
Middle Earth: Shadow of War - thanks to DHR
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - thanks to DHR
Monster Hunter World - thanks to DJ-RK
Mortal Kombat 11 - thanks to DJ-RK
Resident Evil 2 Remake - thanks to Masterotaku
Resident Evil 3 and Resistance Remakes - thanks to Masterotaku
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - thanks to Masterotaku
The Outer Worlds - thanks to Masterotaku, DHR and Losti
Vampyr - thanks to DHR

... and this is just my definition of "AAA" - others might add games to this list - AND there are so many other games that have been fixed over the last two years that may or may not meet anyone's definition of AAA, but that are SO awesome in S3D - like Trine 4, Lego Incredibles, various Yakuzas, Close to the Sun, Ghost of a Tale, Greedfall, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Outer Wilds, Spyro: Reignited Trilogy, A Plague Tale: Innocence...

... and it goes on and on - there might be 10 years of gaming just in this list!

wrecked
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:19 am

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by wrecked »

Chtiblue wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:23 am
VegetaSuperSaiyan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:06 am I will get 3080 soon, I'll post 3d vision review for sure
Thanks but without prior hacking the driver and make it work with 3Dvision, your 2080 is useless :(
But let's hope for the hacking!
It shouldn’t matter, unless nvidia deliberately butchered things. Yes it’s the first series of GPU’s that haven’t had a supporting 3D vision driver out of the box.
No reason the driver injection we have wouldn’t work unless like I said nvidia deliberately stop that at the hardware level.

User avatar
Chtiblue
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:52 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by Chtiblue »

Shift-E wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:35 am
Muojo wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:14 pm So the card is really promising for 4K. As someone thats locked into 4K because of my 3D OLED, this seems like a good upgrade from a 1080 Ti. Hell I might for once not buy an Nvidia card from ebay. Question now is, will we be able to port 3DVision to it
Just a friendly reminder, that if the fix is using 3DMigoto, you are not locked into 4K on 3D OLED. You have the option of dropping down to 1440 or any other resolution using TaB format. I personally prefer 1440/60 over 2160/30 for 3D on demanding games, so I mostly use TaB output on my LG OLED unless a game with HDR requires native 4k format or the HDR won't work correctly - in that case I just let the EDID do its job. I even find the TaB image to have less ghosting than the EDID 4k line interlaced image, I think the TV's conversion processing of the top and bottom images might clean it up a little...but I digress..
From what I see and contrary of what I've read, on my C6V 4k Oled SBS looks better than T&B in terms of perceptive resolution, same as interlieved, I can see the interlieves lines in T&B not in SBS #VK3D
Last edited by Chtiblue on Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Chtiblue
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:52 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by Chtiblue »

Muojo wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:11 pm

How would I know if it is using 3DMigoto?
Secondly what is this TaB output you speak of and how would I access it? @Shift-E
Look for ";include = ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini" in D3Dx.ini, then remove the ";" in front of it and use F11 ingame to change between regular 3Dvision,SBS or T&B

Lysander
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:28 pm

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by Lysander »

thebigdogma wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:27 pm
VegetaSuperSaiyan wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:35 am I love so much 3d vision, but not many AAA games were fixed last 2 years. Have to move on to dx12 RTX 1440p 144hz gaming!
When will RDR2 be fixed?
? Not sure what you consider to be AAA, but here is a list of what I consider to be AAA games that have been fixed by the talented folk in our community over the past two years...

Every UE4 game thanks to Losti's Universal Fix
Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - thanks to DJ-RK
Darksiders 3 - thanks to DHR (miss you, buddy!)
Borderlands 3 - thanks to DJ-RK
Battlefield 1 - thanks to Helifax
Battlefield V - thanks to DHR
Control - thanks to Losti
Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy - thanks to Masterotaku
Devil May Cry V - thanks to Masterotaku
Dishonored 2/Dishonored: Death of the Outsider - thanks to DHR and Masterotaku
Final Fantasy XV - thanks to Masterotaku
Injustice 2 - thanks to DHR
Mass Effect: Andromeda - thanks to DSS and Helifax
Metro: Exodus - thanks to Losti
Middle Earth: Shadow of War - thanks to DHR
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - thanks to DHR
Monster Hunter World - thanks to DJ-RK
Mortal Kombat 11 - thanks to DJ-RK
Resident Evil 2 Remake - thanks to Masterotaku
Resident Evil 3 and Resistance Remakes - thanks to Masterotaku
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - thanks to Masterotaku
The Outer Worlds - thanks to Masterotaku, DHR and Losti
Vampyr - thanks to DHR

... and this is just my definition of "AAA" - others might add games to this list - AND there are so many other games that have been fixed over the last two years that may or may not meet anyone's definition of AAA, but that are SO awesome in S3D - like Trine 4, Lego Incredibles, various Yakuzas, Close to the Sun, Ghost of a Tale, Greedfall, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Outer Wilds, Spyro: Reignited Trilogy, A Plague Tale: Innocence...

... and it goes on and on - there might be 10 years of gaming just in this list!
True that. The backlog is insane and now thx to Helifax we have Doom:Eternal + Detroit, and I'm sure someone will get to the other Vulkan games including Red Dead Redemption 2. So good!
Ryzen 5 3600X, RTX2060, 16GB ram, Windows 1909, nVidia 452.06, SSD.

VegetaSuperSaiyan
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:45 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by VegetaSuperSaiyan »

RDR2 and Cyberpunk 2077 I wish! By the way donations are long overdue. I will donate to my fellow shader hackers very soon. Thanks for the list
I have been using their shader fixes for past 5 years.
Sorry for not donating for so long, past 2-3 years life has been a mess.

neovad
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:56 pm
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Re: RTX 3080 Reviews! [Tom's, ARSTECH, GamerNexus]

Post by neovad »

wrecked wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:28 am
Chtiblue wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:23 am
VegetaSuperSaiyan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:06 am I will get 3080 soon, I'll post 3d vision review for sure
Thanks but without prior hacking the driver and make it work with 3Dvision, your 2080 is useless :(
But let's hope for the hacking!
It shouldn’t matter, unless nvidia deliberately butchered things. Yes it’s the first series of GPU’s that haven’t had a supporting 3D vision driver out of the box.
No reason the driver injection we have wouldn’t work unless like I said nvidia deliberately stop that at the hardware level.
As for me I can't play actions in 2D anymore - with raytracing or without it. I've played in 3D for 15 years and now I even can't understand where I should go to in 2D actions...

Post Reply

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”