Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver

floph
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver

Post by floph »

helifax wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:11 pm The only memory injection that happens is in the game executable itself (and this is at runtime) and this is for frame sync - which comes as a dll itself.
I'm curious as to whether injection in the game executable will upset the anti-cheat software in multiplayer games ?

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: Head Mounted Display (HMD)

Post by helifax »

floph wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:47 am
helifax wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:11 pm The only memory injection that happens is in the game executable itself (and this is at runtime) and this is for frame sync - which comes as a dll itself.
I'm curious as to whether injection in the game executable will upset the anti-cheat software in multiplayer games ?
Depends on the anti-cheat software used. In some games you will not have access to the process memory and as a result you can't inject anyway. In other games you can inject and there is no issue.
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of OGL3DVision wrapper & Vk3DVision - Play your favourite OpenGL & Vulkan games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3D Vision OR Virtual Reality using HelixVision(https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127310/HelixVision/)
- Home of some of my UHD Surround/Eyefinity/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision. If you still like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

helifax wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:30 am 1.0.2 is identical with 1.0.1 except for a crash fix when stereo injection is not enabled.
What exactly are you seeing that you think it's caused by 1.0.2?
Theres this thing that I had happen with the OGL wrapper, too, where the sides of the screen render only 1 frame instead of 2 so theres this visible "stripe anomaly" on the edges. I was tweaking conversion, so I'm not sure if that caused it or what, but when I first tried the vulkan fix I thought I didn't see this. I'll have to reset everything and see if it's there with default settings.
Ryzen 5 3600X, RTX2060, 16GB ram, Windows 1909, nVidia 452.06, SSD.

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: Head Mounted Display (HMD)

Post by helifax »

john105 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:36 am
helifax wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:26 am Yes, Windows 7 is not supported and unfortunately will never be.
The crash that you are experiencing is in this line:

Code: Select all

IDXGIFactory2 *dxgiFactory2 = nullptr;
        HRESULT hr = _dx_device[device]._factory1->QueryInterface(__uuidof(IDXGIFactory2), reinterpret_cast<void **>(&dxgiFactory2));
        if(dxgiFactory2)
There is no DXGIFactory2 support on Windows 7 as DXGI 1.1 is not fully implemented, let alone DXGI 1.2.
DirectX 11 on Windows 7 doesn't have the full capabilities set that I require.
Thanks for looking into it! I found that Windows 7 should support it with Platform Update according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... gifactory2 Is it the correct link? I have KB2670838 installed, which my understanding is the Platform Update, but maybe there's an updated Platform Update :) I'll try to install other updates I'm missing in case it can make a difference.
That's what the docs say, but if fails in the actual API... So.. Stick to Windows 10. Windows 7 is not and will not be supported (It's an EOL product as of this year and I can't test it as I can't even get the damn thing to work anymore...)
Thank you :)

I see a lot of people want to get NEW things working on OLD software! This is not how things work! 3D Vision is DEAD and so is Windows 7. If you don't want to accept this, we can't move forward! And with the latest driver update, Nvidia saw to this even more :lol: )
So, yeah... no Windows 7/8 support - only Windows 10 - 2004 and for the time being only driver 452.06. I am looking to see if I can use DX9 to interface with 3D Vision (that still works in the latest 3000 series driver) but I can't promise it will work.
My recommendation is to grab a VR headset or if you have a 3D TV, use those - as it doesn't requires NVIDIA 3D Vision software!
- Home of OGL3DVision wrapper & Vk3DVision - Play your favourite OpenGL & Vulkan games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3D Vision OR Virtual Reality using HelixVision(https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127310/HelixVision/)
- Home of some of my UHD Surround/Eyefinity/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision. If you still like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

helifax wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:30 am
Lysander wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:39 pm Helifax (or someone) - can you post the original Vk3dVision.exe for Doom 2016, I got the 1.0.2 and am seeing something I thought wasn't there with the previous version so want to verify.
1.0.2 is identical with 1.0.1 except for a crash fix when stereo injection is not enabled.
here, this illustrates it best. I think it might be a particular shader, or a set of shaders because some scene elements, like the rocks are fine, but the blood is completely gone. This is with default files, no changes to the ini or anything.
DOOMx64vk003_050.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oneup03
One Eyed Hopeful
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Post by oneup03 »

Lysander wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:20 pm
helifax wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:30 am 1.0.2 is identical with 1.0.1 except for a crash fix when stereo injection is not enabled.
Theres this thing that I had happen with the OGL wrapper, too, where the sides of the screen render only 1 frame instead of 2 so theres this visible "stripe anomaly" on the edges. I was tweaking conversion, so I'm not sure if that caused it or what, but when I first tried the vulkan fix I thought I didn't see this. I'll have to reset everything and see if it's there with default settings.
I asked Helifax about this on the Discord, and it's expected behavior:
Don't look at the sides :slight_smile: It's either that or all the decals and texture will clip. I don't think you want that.

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

oneup03 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:28 pm
Don't look at the sides :slight_smile: It's either that or all the decals and texture will clip. I don't think you want that.
ah, alright, thank you! :D

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

Lysander wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:02 pm
oneup03 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:28 pm

ah, alright, thank you! :D
The clipping position is computed in Fragment shaders in DOOM 2016. (In Doom Eternal they use compute shaders and I was able to properly extend them to cover both perspectives). I wasn't able to extend the clipping rectangles in Doom 2016, however they are correctly positioned in 3d space for both perspectives. It is weird since this only happens for only one Fragment shader but works correctly for all the others.

Kermitou
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kermitou »

Lysander wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:30 pm
Kermitou wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:57 am Hi Helifax, and everybody,
I tried all the 3 new fixes, new version 1.02, with Doom Steam, Doom Ethernal on Bethesda platform and Detroit on Epic, but nothing worked. I followed all the instructions on the readme file, under windows 10 2004, Nvidia Driver 451.67, 3D vision Driver installed with "bringback3DV" tool, GTX 1070 and Asus VG278H screen. The resolution is the same on the window panel and the game, option set to borderless display. All the games start, in 2D and I see your little windows blog. But not 3DV :-( ...Strange, because a lot of other games are working fine with the fixes avalable on Helimoxblog ?!? Thank you for your help :-)
Did you read through this thread about the issues I've had? Maybe the same problem, the driver fix is not applied via 3DFM? Verify it, won't hurt.
Now working fine, thank you and million thanks to Helifax, god of 3D vision, with the others, Losti, DJ-RK, Masterotaku, ...3D is not dead :-)

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

helifax wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:39 am The clipping position is computed in Fragment shaders in DOOM 2016. (In Doom Eternal they use compute shaders and I was able to properly extend them to cover both perspectives). I wasn't able to extend the clipping rectangles in Doom 2016, however they are correctly positioned in 3d space for both perspectives. It is weird since this only happens for only one Fragment shader but works correctly for all the others.
oh, so D:E doesn't have it? Sweeeet :D It's not a big deal, I played the whole Doom with it and didn't notice unless i looked for it or was adjusting convergence so... :D Thank you!

john105
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by john105 »

helifax wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:34 pm I see a lot of people want to get NEW things working on OLD software! This is not how things work! 3D Vision is DEAD and so is Windows 7. If you don't want to accept this, we can't move forward! And with the latest driver update, Nvidia saw to this even more :lol: )
One thing I agree with you here is both Windows 7 and 3D Vision are EOL. But in my opinion that's what makes them a good match. When Nvidia announced that they stop supporting 3D Vision, I figured that keeping it working on Windows 10 will be problematic in the long run. Eventually one of the semiannual Windows updates will require a new driver (we were lucky to be able to use hacked drivers, but it doesn't look promising for >452 versions). But Windows 7 doesn't receive updates any longer, so whatever works now will continue to work. My plan is to continue using Windows 7 + 3D Vision and eventually have Windows 10 with the latest updates and drivers for other stuff that's too new for Windows 7.

Currently I don't even have Windows 10 installed on my main PC (the one where I have a 3D Vision setup). Initially I installed it years ago in parallel with Windows 7. First the Windows 10 Insider Preview builds and then the final release. But eventually I started running a bit low on the disk space and decided so sacrifice Windows 10 :) I bought a bigger disk since then, but so far I don't even feel a real need to install Windows 10 again. I guess the time to do it will come eventually, but as I said, I'll use the latest drivers and OS updates, so no 3D Vision.
helifax wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:34 pm My recommendation is to grab a VR headset or if you have a 3D TV, use those - as it doesn't requires NVIDIA 3D Vision software!
VR is cool but for me it's not a replacement for a 3D monitor, so I'll stick with 3D Vision.

Helifax, I have one questions if you don't mind. I can be very wrong here, but my understanding was that you only use DXGI for 3DVision output and other modes like SBS and TB are pure Vulkan. If that's true, should at least these modes work on Windows 7? They didn't work when I tried them. Even "Stereo3DViewMode = MONO" causes a crash.

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

john105 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:39 am Helifax, I have one questions if you don't mind. I can be very wrong here, but my understanding was that you only use DXGI for 3DVision output and other modes like SBS and TB are pure Vulkan. If that's true, should at least these modes work on Windows 7? They didn't work when I tried them. Even "Stereo3DViewMode = MONO" causes a crash.
Everything is rendered using a DX11 Device/Context. Vulkan doesn't output anything! There are strict requirements for Vulkan -DirectX 11 interop and sadly it doesn't work on Windows 7. I don't want to mix APIs for rendering for different modes. I want all of them to use the SAME API to be easy to maintain and test! (If one works - then all work)
I am thinking of using DX9 for the future - since DX9 still work in 3D Vision on the latest drivers, but there are adjustments needed here. I can't SCRAP DX11. I could move to DX12 though :lol:
So, my plan currently is DX11 or DX12 and trying to grab the output from the DX11 framebuffer to DX9 after I colour space convert it in DX11. DX9 is soo damn ancient now and it is very limited compared to DX11, let alone DX12 or Vulkan.
But DX9 still works with the 11 years old Nvidia 3D Vision tech.... so ;)

I used for a LOOONG time SLI and 3D Surround. Everyone here can attest this!
I still think that Playing a game in VR on an IMAX screen is purely awesome! (and If you have a 32:9 monitor like I do, then you get 3D Surround in VR - without the need for crappy Nvidia 3D Vision driver). The EXTRA TIME I WASTED trying to make this "legacy" tech work... :? Don't get me wrong! I love 3D Vision - it's ability to display 3D images - but Nvidia surely didn't want to release EVEN A HARDWARE driver - to control the monitor & glasses and we are getting in very deep waters here...)

I am sorry that you don't/can't want to update to Windows 10. I for one, can't run that OS version anymore on any of my PCs/Laptops, thus I can't support it. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Helifax

john105
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by john105 »

helifax wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:25 pm Everything is rendered using a DX11 Device/Context. Vulkan doesn't output anything!
Thanks for the explanation.
helifax wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:25 pm I am thinking of using DX9 for the future - since DX9 still work in 3D Vision on the latest drivers, but there are adjustments needed here. I can't SCRAP DX11. I could move to DX12 though :lol:
So, my plan currently is DX11 or DX12 and trying to grab the output from the DX11 framebuffer to DX9 after I colour space convert it in DX11. DX9 is soo damn ancient now and it is very limited compared to DX11, let alone DX12 or Vulkan.
DX12 is supported in Windows 7 (even though with some limitations), so even that option has a chance of working :)
helifax wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:25 pm I am sorry that you don't/can't want to update to Windows 10.
It's not that I don't/can't. As I tried to explain above, my plan is to have a dual boot with Windows 7 and 10. But I plan to keep 3D Vision on Windows 7 only because Windows 10 will eventually break 3D Vision related things that work now.
helifax wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:25 pm I for one, can't run that OS version anymore on any of my PCs/Laptops, thus I can't support it. :mrgreen:
I don't think it's impossible since I made Windows 7 work just fine on the Z390. But in any case, I understand that this project is mostly your hobby and we're lucky that you even shared it at all! So asking you to spend more time and support more configurations wouldn't be fair. Even though it didn't work for me, I want to thank you for doing such a fantastic work with Vk3DVision!

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

No.. with the latest Nvidia Driver... 3D Vision STOPPED WORKING on any API except DX9. DX10/11/12 can't be used for 3DVision. This is valid both on Windows 7 or Windows 10 on ALL GPUs :!: :!: :!:
There is no point on going to DX12. If I want in the future to still support 3D Vision Monitor and newest drivers (which any new Vulkan game will require) I will need some sort of DX9 renderer to be able to enable the damn 3D Monitor to display in 3D.
Like I said, while I love 3D Vision, it's time is coming to an end and in the future, only hardware that is agnostic to Nnvidia 3D Vision driver will work!

Cheers,
Helifax

john105
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by john105 »

helifax wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:57 pm No.. with the latest Nvidia Driver... 3D Vision STOPPED WORKING on any API except DX9. DX10/11/12 can't be used for 3DVision. This is valid both on Windows 7 or Windows 10 on ALL GPUs :!: :!: :!:
I know. I won't be surprised if DX9 stops working in the future too (how soon is another question). That's exactly why a dual boot is a solution in my opition! Win7+452(or even 425) and Win10+the latest for VR and whatever is new.
helifax wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:57 pm Like I said, while I love 3D Vision, it's time is coming to an end and in the future, only hardware that is agnostic to Nnvidia 3D Vision driver will work!
Coming to an end for new games, not for old ones. I still have a big backlog of DX11 games and sometimes I also like to play the old games that I already played. As long as I have compatible 3D Vision hardware, I'll be able to do it. Even 100 years from now! ;)

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

john105 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:22 pm
helifax wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:57 pm No.. with the latest Nvidia Driver... 3D Vision STOPPED WORKING on any API except DX9. DX10/11/12 can't be used for 3DVision. This is valid both on Windows 7 or Windows 10 on ALL GPUs :!: :!: :!:
I know. I won't be surprised if DX9 stops working in the future too (how soon is another question). That's exactly why a dual boot is a solution in my opition! Win7+452(or even 425) and Win10+the latest for VR and whatever is new.
helifax wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:57 pm Like I said, while I love 3D Vision, it's time is coming to an end and in the future, only hardware that is agnostic to Nnvidia 3D Vision driver will work!
Coming to an end for new games, not for old ones. I still have a big backlog of DX11 games and sometimes I also like to play the old games that I already played. As long as I have compatible 3D Vision hardware, I'll be able to do it. Even 100 years from now! ;)
Very true! :D

Scarhead
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Scarhead »

Unbelievable astonishing achievement Helifax!
Does it mean, generally speaking all Vulkan games can be fixed now by using your Vk3DVision?

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

Scarhead wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:44 am Unbelievable astonishing achievement Helifax!
Does it mean, generally speaking all Vulkan games can be fixed now by using your Vk3DVision?
Yes.
Probably there are a few crashes here and there. Yesterday I fixed a bug in Vk3DVision in RDR2 for example.
I don't expect to be a lot of issue, just a few minor isolated cases :)

Cheers,
Helifax

Scarhead
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Scarhead »

helifax wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:22 am
Scarhead wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:44 am Unbelievable astonishing achievement Helifax!
Yes.
Probably there are a few crashes here and there. Yesterday I fixed a bug in Vk3DVision in RDR2 for example.

Cheers,
Helifax
LOL :lol:
RDR2 is what I had in mind when asking. :woot

WOW!

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

helifax wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:22 am
Yes.

Cheers,
Helifax
oh sh**, Santa's got MORE Christmas presents? :D

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

Haha!
Unfortunately, it will take a while to get RDR2 fixed in proper stereoscopic Geo3D:
- There is no shader reflection available - as a result you have no idea what any of the variables or uniform buffers are.... so...
- While I did get it to stereorize the geometry a lot of effects are 2D and it seems the position is computed in Fragment/Pixel Shaders.
- Some tessellated geometry is 2D and I can't understand why...
- It will require a lot of manual fixing and experimentation, which I am not sure I want to spend ^_^.

Like I said before, RDR2 wouldn't be my 1st pick for making a stereo3D fix.

Also there are other annoying things, like not being able to attach a debugger to investigate crashes, etc - or the game will exit and more stuff like this...
While I do like the game ALOT, I am not sure I will make a full fix for this game, but I will be more than happy to collaborate and share all my findings with anyone that is interested in continuing the work - once I had my fun with it :)
Currently it's still very early to say though ;) and I didn't have a lot of free time to look into this in the past weeks, so... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Helifax

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

damn...sounds like nightmare :(

skyrimer
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by skyrimer »

Terrible news, this one would be mindblowing in 3d.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
NVIDIA 1080 Ti MSI AERO
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers

Visit http://www.gamermovil.com for a ton of mobile news and more!

Shift-E
Cross Eyed!

Post by Shift-E »

That is sad news, literally the only Vulkan title I can think of that I was hoping for a 3D fix. why can't we have nice things in 2020?! :x

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

Shift-E wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:00 am That is sad news, literally the only Vulkan title I can think of that I was hoping for a 3D fix. why can't we have nice things in 2020?! :x
well, we got the wrapper with 2 big games fixed... :D Hold off, he left the door open and perhaps someone else will pick it up, there's hope, we have a lot of talented folk here. The wrapper JUST came out like a week ago.

Shift-E
Cross Eyed!

Post by Shift-E »

Lysander wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:32 am
Shift-E wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:00 am That is sad news, literally the only Vulkan title I can think of that I was hoping for a 3D fix. why can't we have nice things in 2020?! :x
well, we got the wrapper with 2 big games fixed... :D Hold off, he left the door open and perhaps someone else will pick it up, there's hope, we have a lot of talented folk here. The wrapper JUST came out like a week ago.
yeah I was mostly just kidding about the bad 3D news piling up: new Nvidia drivers, Cyberpunk DX12 only, RDR2 engine not being cooperative etc. I definitely appreciate the incredible effort, and donated early because I knew how important this was to moving 3D into the future (not for any potential fixes). definitely not complaining about anything except Rockstar's engine being a nightmare to try and fix! :P you never want anyone to have to jump through crazy hoops to get a particular game fixed..

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

I didn't say that I have abandoned looking at RDR2 ;) It just take quite a bit more time. I am sure it can be fixed in Stereo 3D. Not sure how easy it will be, but it can definitely be fixed :) Nothing is really unfixable - it depends how much time and effort you want to put into it :) - like getting Vulkan games to work in Stereo 3D :lol:

Cheers!

Chtiblue
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Chtiblue »

Awesome Helifax, I know you're a man who likes challenges 8)
Last edited by Chtiblue on Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

whyme466

Post by whyme466 »

helifax - any chance that you might look at Surge 2? Your fix for the original Surge was superb!

skyrimer

Post by skyrimer »

ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
NVIDIA 1080 Ti MSI AERO
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers

Visit http://www.gamermovil.com for a ton of mobile news and more!

masterotaku
Cross Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by masterotaku »

whyme466 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:42 pm helifax - any chance that you might look at Surge 2? Your fix for the original Surge was superb!
Patience. I'm doing it, and I will release it this weekend.
Edit: lol, you didn't look at your own thread :p.

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

whyme466 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:42 pm helifax - any chance that you might look at Surge 2? Your fix for the original Surge was superb!
Masterotaku took that challenge on ;) From what I was able to see (I had little free time these past 2 weeks) the fix is looking superb :woot

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

masterotaku wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:55 am
Wow, the wrapper came out a week ago and we'll already have 4 games! You guys are sick, thank you! I see ghost recon breakpoint is also a Vulkan game, that might look great.

Pauldusler

Post by Pauldusler »

Lysander wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:53 am
masterotaku wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:55 am
Wow, the wrapper came out a week ago and we'll already have 4 games! You guys are sick, thank you! I see ghost recon breakpoint is also a Vulkan game, that might look great.
3DFM support for Vulkan incoming, too. Currently still smoothing out things to make it work with roughly 1 click.

floph
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by floph »

Pauldusler wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:16 pm 3DFM support for Vulkan incoming, too. Currently still smoothing out things to make it work with roughly 1 click.
Awesome. Looking forward to 1 click easy setup for VK3DVision games in 3DFM.
Will the new VK3DVision games work with the 425.31 vNidia drivers ?
Or we need to install newer drivers ?

Pauldusler

Post by Pauldusler »

floph wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:37 pm Awesome. Looking forward to 1 click easy setup for VK3DVision games in 3DFM.
Will the new VK3DVision games work with the 425.31 vNidia drivers ?
Or we need to install newer drivers ?
That's an interesting question. I haven't tested 425.31 with VulkanWrapper yet but Bo3b stated that he couldn't make Doom 2016 in Vulkan 3D work with those drivers. I would say just update your graphics driver to 452.06 - 3DFM will provide a new driver tab where you can easily download this Geforce driver. Helifax surely knows more whether we can expect 425.31 to work / fail generally.

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

425.31 is a an old driver and there are lots of fixed bugs in Vulkan in never drivers.
I can't tell you exactly what version to use, but the latest one is the recommended one. For VR, you can even use the absolute latest one as it doesn't care about 3D Vision working or not.

whyme466

Post by whyme466 »

Really enjoying helifax's Doom Eternal fix - great game with really diverse environments (and challenges).

@ helifax - my only issue with your incredible fix is the stereo divergence of equipped weapons, when the background is adjusted to desired 3D perception/convergence. The rendering is geometrically perfect, but a user must trade off how much to focus upon near field versus far field when adjusting convergence. TriDef's old Ignition product had an interesting solution to this problem, by enabling independent convergence adjustment for foreground objects (like guns) from background convergence settings. Would something like this be possible for VK3DVision?

lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

That's what I call coincidence! I have a question that goes exactly in the same direction as yours whyme!

I just started Doom Eternal today and I must say t's a masterpiece, helifax! There is just one thing I can't make any sense of:
I am a sucker for high convergence in my games. So I usually play with a depth setting of 100% and then I crank up convergence to the point where the image inevitably starts to split. As everyone knows, you can't go very high with convergence in FPS games as you always have a very close object (weapon) in your view. So the point where the image starts to split is way lower compared to other games. Thus, you just have to live with relatively low convergence in FPS games.

Now, you delivered the fix with default values for depth and convergence for the various user scenarios (3D Vision, helixVision...). When I noticed the default depth value for 3D Vision is 70%, I was of the opinion that you chose that value because it allows for more convergence (lowering the depth usually means you can go higher with convergence) but then I noticed you chose 2.5 for convergence and while the game itself looks absolutely stunning that way, it's totally unplayable for me (using a 65" 4K OLED via EDID hack) as the weapon appears extremely split for me. I would totally love being able to play with these convergence values but it's impossible. So I would really like to know how you came up with this 2.5 default convergence value (at 70% default depth value)? Is there anything I don't get here? Any way to allow for such high convergence settings and still have a clear look of the weapon? With your default 70% depth value the highest I can go with convergence is 0.57. Even that looks stunning but still I would like to know if you really played the game with 70% depth/2.5 convergence. And if yes, how that is even possible?

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

That is the game world and how the depth of the objects relative one to another. You guys want the "toyfication effect" basically. :lol:
Yeah, while it is possible use a different separation for the weapons and hands, I didn't look too much into it:) But it should be doable, if the shaders are correctly identified :) But doing things like these will sooner or later break the "depth" of the world;) Still I could take a look :)

Yes, I have played with 70% and 2.5 convergence on a 27 inch Asus screen and even in VR using HelixVision.
If it doesn't work for you, then it means the 3D Vision driver computes the IPD higher than it should. You can use 3DFM to override the screen size and put it at 27. You will get the same results as me then:)

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”