Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver

t0mcpanc0ast
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver

Post by t0mcpanc0ast »

helifax wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:23 pm That is the game world and how the depth of the objects relative one to another. You guys want the "toyfication effect" basically. :lol:
Yeah, while it is possible use a different separation for the weapons and hands, I didn't look too much into it:) But it should be doable, if the shaders are correctly identified :) But doing things like these will sooner or later break the "depth" of the world;) Still I could take a look :)

Yes, I have played with 70% and 2.5 convergence on a 27 inch Asus screen and even in VR using HelixVision.
If it doesn't work for you, then it means the 3D Vision driver computes the IPD higher than it should. You can use 3DFM to override the screen size and put it at 27. You will get the same results as me then:)
Agree with this opinion.

Lizzard
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lizzard »

helifax wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:23 pm Yeah, while it is possible use a different separation for the weapons and hands, I didn't look too much into it:) But it should be doable, if the shaders are correctly identified :) But doing things like these will sooner or later break the "depth" of the world;) Still I could take a look :)
I personally believe this is one of the crucial things that has to be done to get virtual reality perfected. With Far Cry 4 in Helix Vision you need to pull the gun towards you until it reaches a 1:1 scale before immersion really matches room scale. At this point the separation of the gun is too hard on the eyes. But the characters in the game are at a very realistic scale. I've taught myself to ignore the gun. Its a sacrifice for immersion. The other game I've played so far that really needed this is BlackMesa. You guys should play this game Masterotaku fixed! Awesome remake of the original Half Life. The guns in here also had the same problem. The shotgun is so big you feel like you can take down skyscrapers with it. Pulling the shotgun towards you messes with other guns convergence. Depending how far you set the virtual screen from you and how big you make it, you could really have the best possible immersion imaginable. With a curved projector screen you have warping. You dont have this problem with a curved virtual screen. Instead of repositioning your chair from the PJ screen you have the freedom to do it with the parameters that team Helix integrated.

I've thought about this a lot what you guys talk about here. In Helix Vision this would definitely add another layer to the immersion.

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: Head Mounted Display (HMD)

Post by helifax »

I'm just going to drop this one here for the future 8-)

(Apparently the forum has problem displaying images...)
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of OGL3DVision wrapper & Vk3DVision - Play your favourite OpenGL & Vulkan games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3D Vision OR Virtual Reality using HelixVision(https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127310/HelixVision/)
- Home of some of my UHD Surround/Eyefinity/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision. If you still like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

helifax wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:52 pm I'm just going to drop this one here for the future 8-)

(Apparently the forum has problem displaying images...)
yes, it doens't open on Win10 or Android for me but I opened in new tab and can see :D

So, what does v2.0 bring us, good master? :D
Ryzen 5 3600X, RTX2060, 16GB ram, Windows 1909, nVidia 452.06, SSD.

skyrimer
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by skyrimer »

Salivating in anticipation for this, it has to be big for a version change....
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
NVIDIA 1080 Ti MSI AERO
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers

Visit http://www.gamermovil.com for a ton of mobile news and more!

Zappologist
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zappologist »

Very exciting, pacing around and rubbing hands together in expectation!

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

Lysander wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:45 pm ok, thank you Helifax. Maybe they made changes due to the new DLC.

Necropants, are you not able to choose a previous version via Steam? It's on the Betas tab in the game options in Steam library.
So what's the word on this? Anybody able to verify if it's possible to rollback the Steam update? The game is on sale now and I'm thinking of picking it up but not if the 3d fix is broken or until it's re-fixed.

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: Head Mounted Display (HMD)

Post by helifax »

Lysander wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:06 pm
Lysander wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:45 pm ok, thank you Helifax. Maybe they made changes due to the new DLC.

Necropants, are you not able to choose a previous version via Steam? It's on the Betas tab in the game options in Steam library.
So what's the word on this? Anybody able to verify if it's possible to rollback the Steam update? The game is on sale now and I'm thinking of picking it up but not if the 3d fix is broken or until it's re-fixed.
Not sure about a rollback. In any case I have the fix for the new version up and running and it is actually improved quite a lot from the current published fix :)
So, if you want to grab the game with a discount, now is the time :)

The reason I haven't released the new fix, it is because it is made on Vk3DVision 2.0.0 - which is still in heavy testing. The code for 2.0.0 is complete for several days now, but testing takes as long (if not longer) as coding does :)
It shouldn't take longer now and both Vk3DVision 2.0.0 and the new fix for Doom Eternal + The Ancient Gods Part 1 DLC will be released :)
Just bear with me a bit more :)

Cheers,
Helifax
- Home of OGL3DVision wrapper & Vk3DVision - Play your favourite OpenGL & Vulkan games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3D Vision OR Virtual Reality using HelixVision(https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127310/HelixVision/)
- Home of some of my UHD Surround/Eyefinity/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision. If you still like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

I love you 😍

Take your time 😁

skyrimer

Post by skyrimer »

Yessss, fantastic news!
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
NVIDIA 1080 Ti MSI AERO

mikulik86
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikulik86 »

Hi, I'd like to ask what kind of performance can I expect in Doom Eternal. I have GTX 1080 which gives me about 100 to 140 fps in 2D on ultra nightmare. But in 3DV it is only about 20 fps on everything low and the movement is really sluggish. Is it normal or is there something wrong?

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

mikulik86 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:48 pm Hi, I'd like to ask what kind of performance can I expect in Doom Eternal. I have GTX 1080 which gives me about 100 to 140 fps in 2D on ultra nightmare. But in 3DV it is only about 20 fps on everything low and the movement is really sluggish. Is it normal or is there something wrong?
Something wrong. It should be half the framerates of 2D. Others here seem to have no such performance issue. U sure you followed Helifax's instructions?

mikulik86
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikulik86 »

Lysander wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:21 pm
mikulik86 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:48 pm Hi, I'd like to ask what kind of performance can I expect in Doom Eternal. I have GTX 1080 which gives me about 100 to 140 fps in 2D on ultra nightmare. But in 3DV it is only about 20 fps on everything low and the movement is really sluggish. Is it normal or is there something wrong?
Something wrong. It should be half the framerates of 2D. Others here seem to have no such performance issue. U sure you followed Helifax's instructions?
Never mind. I double-checked everything, changed nothing and the issue just disappeared. Now it works flawlessly.

What about the in-game crosshair? It is too near. Can be something done about it? For example in Skyrim, the crosshair had an adaptive distance.

skyrimer

Post by skyrimer »

mikulik86 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:52 am
Lysander wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:21 pm
Never mind. I double-checked everything, changed nothing and the issue just disappeared. Now it works flawlessly.

What about the in-game crosshair? It is too near. Can be something done about it? For example in Skyrim, the crosshair had an adaptive distance.
Try searching for crosshair on Vk3DVision.ini and change y to 0.05. Then in game click the middle mouse button, now the cross hair should be more at depth, at least that worked with Doom 2016.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
NVIDIA 1080 Ti MSI AERO

mikulik86
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikulik86 »

skyrimer wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:44 am Try searching for crosshair on Vk3DVision.ini and change y to 0.05. Then in game click the middle mouse button, now the cross hair should be more at depth, at least that worked with Doom 2016.
Thanks! That is much better.

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

:twisted: Vk3DVision 2.0.0 Release :twisted:

I will start this list going from the least important to the most important updates and changes :!:

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed bugs in Shader Injection for Pixel & Compute Shaders. (Thanks to Kaimasta for reporting it)

New Features:
- Moved Shader Hash to be computed on source code instead of shader blob. (Some games like NMS will like to recompile the same shader with different options. This will generate different blobs, even if the shader source code didn't change. The new method ensures the HASH will be the same as long as the source code didn't change - Thanks to Kaimasta for reporting it)
- Ability to use V1(old) or V2(new) Shader Hash method (changeable from the .ini file)
- Built-in tool to convert V1-to-V2 shader Hashes, if you want to upgrade a fix made with Vk3DVision 1.0.x.
- Added Pipeline Hash in Vk3DVision UI (this can be helpful when a game receives an update that completely changes the shaders. Ex: Doom-Eternal. You can use it to cross-reference the new shader hashes from the old fix with the new, by using the Pipeline Hash).
- Separation and Convergence values are now read from Vk3DVision.ini for all modes, including 3D Vision. What this means, is that for 3D Vision you can have separation set as 0 in NVPanel. The value that will be used is the one from the ini file. Convergence is the same and you will not be able to store it in the Nvidia Profile. You can always press F10 and edit Vk3DVision.ini on the fly for the startup Separation and Convergence once you find the ones that you like.
- Ability to map XBOX Controller buttons for Shortcut keys.
- The Splashscreen is back! (including support for custom SplashScreens.)

Now for the good stuff:

I. Added DirectX 9 as rendering option for Nvidia 3D Vision:
- This was a pain to do, mostly because DX9 is so "rustic" compared to DX11. I had to manually synchronise the shared resources between DX11 and DX9, without performance bottlenecks (You cannot simply call Flush() after every operation if you value performance.) I am actually impressed with the results, which are on PAR with DX11, maybe a few % better even.
- This allows people with the LATEST NVIDIA drivers to use Vk3DVision with a Nvidia 3D Division! If you remember, any driver post 452.06 killed DX11 Support, but not DX9 which still works. So, if you managed to get a new Shiny RTX 3000 and still have a 3D Vision Monitor, you can now use Vk3DVision with that monitor.
- This doesn't require the global hack for DX11. Simply use 3DFM to install the 3D Vision driver after you installed your driver and that's it :)

You can check this video to see it in action: https://youtu.be/n57johsmaYE
- With this being said, I consider Nvidia 3D Vision Support complete.

II. Native OpenVR/SteamVR support:

First of all, I want to say that I really appreciate what both Bo3b and Paul have done with HelixVision! I think it really is a great tool! However, when I profiled HV with Vk3DVision with Bo3b's help, we noticed a big performance loss. This happens due to having 2 applications running in the same time both trying to access the same hardware resources (your CPU & GPU). With Windows 10 2004 and the new scheduler, things are better, but I still don't like it.
Thus, I have decided to try and see if I can't do better :)

First, ZE STATS!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Game under test: | Detroit Become Human - 1st level, elevator scene + fish scene |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| System under test: | Alienware Area51m: Full RTX 2080, Full i9 9900k |
| Game Settings: | All settings on Ultra Preset. 1920x1080 for game resolution. |
| VR System: | Vive Pro with SteamVR SuperSampling at 150% |

Test Results. Values are accumulated over 5 runs for each mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2D | FPS: 136 | GPU: 93% | Perf. Loss vs 2D: 0% |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2D + SteamVR in background | FPS: 118 | GPU: 95% | Perf. Loss vs 2D: 13% |
| Side-by-Side | FPS: 134 - 67 per eye | GPU: 93% | Perf. Loss vs 2D: ~1.5% |
| 3DVision Dx9 | FPS: 120 - 60 per eye | GPU: 77% | Capped by 3D VSync |
| 3DVision Dx11 | FPS: 120 - 60 per eye | GPU: 80% | Capped by 3D VSync |
| OpenVR/SteamVR | FPS: 116 - 58 per eye | GPU: 95% | Perf. Loss vs 2D: ~15% |
| HelixVision | FPS: 88 - 44 per eye | GPU: 95% | Perf. Loss vs 2D: ~35% |
As you can see HelixVision (I blame Unity to be honest) has a big performance degradation over every other mode.

So:
- The whole OpenVR environment is done in C++ (no external engines like Unity or UE4 were used) and was profiled to get the absolutely best performance!
- Render in Virtual Reality with maximum performance! (Performance metrics show ~15% performance loss only!!! vs regular 3DVision/SBS).
Includes:
- Curved Screen with Lumma Sharpen Shader FULLY TAILORED for Virtual Reality! (The curvature of the screen cannot be changed and was factored for a fov of 120 degrees Horizontal. If you ever used Lumma Sharpen, then you understand why I used this ^_^. The Shader is built-in and cannot be customised externally atm. If people will be interested in customizing it, I can export it 8-) )
- Ability to modify VR Screen Size, VR Screen Height, VR Screen Distance!
- Ability to Reset VR Screen Orientation to where you HMD is looking at!
- The Controls to interact with the VR environment are presented in an Overlay once you start a game.
(The position is not persistent across runs. You will have to spend 5 seconds to adjust it every time - if you don't like the default one. The Screen is always oriented towards the FRONT of your play area. I don't like saving settings in registry aka Unity Way or other external files, but maybe I'll do it in the future.)

- Full VR Controller mapping to XBOX Controller (via ViGEm) and configurable from SteamVR! (Valve Index & Vive Wands controller scheme currently included!):
- One thing that I wanted was to actually play Detroit in VR, with the Index Controllers acting as an XBOX controller. :lol: So, now this is possible :D I tried in all 4 games: Detroit, The Surge 2 and Doom and Doom Eternal. While I don't really recommend playing Doom with anything except Keyboard + Mouse :lol:, it does work:)
- I only have the Index Controllers and the Vive Wands so I could only provide bindings for these 2. But, if somebody wants to add default bindings for the Rift's Touch controllers, please do and send me the Json file so I can embed it in Vk3DVision :!:
- The bindings for the Index Controller and Vive wands are in the Vk3DVision Readme pdf (that you find when you download it or a fix).

If you want to see it in action here is a video: https://youtu.be/1lEwaJflNP8

:woot Oh and yeah... the updated fix for Doom Eternal + The Ancient Gods Part 1 DLC is up as well :lol: :woot

Go now and have fun! And please do let me know how you find the new OpenVR/SteamVR mode. And as always, don't forget to READ THE README FILES! :twisted:

Cheers,
Helifax
Last edited by helifax on Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

masterotaku
Cross Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by masterotaku »

Excellent, and congratulations! What a big update. Today I'm going to test it with The Surge 2 and then reupload the fix. I don't think I'll have the energy to convert and test V1 to V2 shaders, so I'll probably just enable the old hash method.

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

One thing that I forgot to mention:

Doom Eternal Fix now has the ability to control CONVERGENCE for World and Gun Independent!
(Look for Param.z in the ini file to change the convergence of the gun. The changes can be made on the fly from the game. F10 to open and edit the ini file. Save will reload the params and shortcuts on the fly!).

Cheers

thebigdogma

Post by thebigdogma »

Fantastic!

Chtiblue
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Post by Chtiblue »

Awesome!!!
:woot

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

yesss, thank you!

Zappologist
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zappologist »

Simply awesome ... Thank you Helifax!

Chtiblue
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Post by Chtiblue »

helifax wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:13 am One thing that I forgot to mention:

Doom Eternal Fix now has the ability to control CONVERGENCE for World and Gun Independent!
(Look for Param.z in the ini file to change the convergence of the gun. The changes can be made on the fly from the game. F10 to open and edit the ini file. Save will reload the params and shortcuts on the fly!).

Cheers
:woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :lol:

BazzaLB
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BazzaLB »

EDIT: OK, I figured out what causes the crash/hang in OpenVR. If I set the FPSLimit to anything other than 60 in the VK3DVision.ini, it crashes. Leave it as default 60 and it runs, however, my frame rate is then limited to 60fps per eye (fps reported in game is 120fps) in my 90hz HMD (Vive Pro) which means turning does not look smooth to me (duplicated fames?). If I set the FPSLimit to 0 or 90 or turn Vsync to false in the ini, then I get the hang/crash. My main monitor is 60hz btw (3D TV).

-- original post --
Unfortunately Vk3D.2.0 OpenVR "Doom 16" crash/hangs for me when the level loads. Sometimes I get to move slightly (couple of seconds), sometimes it crash/hangs straight away once in the level. I was using SBS perfectly fine in previous version. I am using Keyboard/Mouse (I did turn on Vive Wand controllers just in case that was the issue). tested SBS_LEFT with new vk3d.2.0 and that seems to be working fine.

I am using :
win64 10 1903
Vive Pro
Nvidia 1080ti (452.06)
SteamVR (1.14.16)

Here's what the dump produces

Code: Select all

Dump Summary
------------
Dump File:	exception_01.dmp : E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DOOM\exception_01.dmp
Last Write Time:	7/11/2020 12:27:26 PM
Process Name:	DOOMx64vk.exe : E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DOOM\DOOMx64vk.exe
Process Architecture:	x64
Exception Code:	0xC0000094
Exception Information:	The thread tried to divide an integer value by an integer divisor of zero.
Heap Information:	Not Present

System Information
------------------
OS Version:	10.0.18362
CLR Version(s):	

Modules
-------
Module Name	Module Path	Module Version
-----------	-----------	--------------
DOOMx64vk.exe	E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DOOM\DOOMx64vk.exe	6.1.1.321

superscriptx64.dll	E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DOOM\superscriptx64.dll	0.0.0.0
I do notice this file in ShaderFail directory (but SBS produces this as well and doesnt crash/hang)
e8cec2ff1ad1b03b_UNKNOWN

Cheers

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

Edit: I was able to reproduce this and I am looking to fix it. It is indeed related to the Frame Synchronisation.
BazzaLB wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:36 pm EDIT: OK, I figured out what causes the crash/hang in OpenVR. If I set the FPSLimit to anything other than 60 in the VK3DVision.ini, it crashes. Leave it as default 60 and it runs, however, my frame rate is then limited to 60fps per eye (fps reported in game is 120fps) in my 90hz HMD (Vive Pro) which means turning does not look smooth to me (duplicated fames?). If I set the FPSLimit to 0 or 90 or turn Vsync to false in the ini, then I get the hang/crash. My main monitor is 60hz btw (3D TV).

-- original post --
Unfortunately Vk3D.2.0 OpenVR "Doom 16" crash/hangs for me when the level loads. Sometimes I get to move slightly (couple of seconds), sometimes it crash/hangs straight away once in the level. I was using SBS perfectly fine in previous version. I am using Keyboard/Mouse (I did turn on Vive Wand controllers just in case that was the issue). tested SBS_LEFT with new vk3d.2.0 and that seems to be working fine.

I am using :
win64 10 1903
Vive Pro
Nvidia 1080ti (452.06)
SteamVR (1.14.16)

Here's what the dump produces

Code: Select all

Dump Summary
------------
Dump File:	exception_01.dmp : E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DOOM\exception_01.dmp
Last Write Time:	7/11/2020 12:27:26 PM
Process Name:	DOOMx64vk.exe : E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DOOM\DOOMx64vk.exe
Process Architecture:	x64
Exception Code:	0xC0000094
Exception Information:	The thread tried to divide an integer value by an integer divisor of zero.
Heap Information:	Not Present

System Information
------------------
OS Version:	10.0.18362
CLR Version(s):	

Modules
-------
Module Name	Module Path	Module Version
-----------	-----------	--------------
DOOMx64vk.exe	E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DOOM\DOOMx64vk.exe	6.1.1.321

superscriptx64.dll	E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DOOM\superscriptx64.dll	0.0.0.0
I do notice this file in ShaderFail directory (but SBS produces this as well and doesnt crash/hang)
e8cec2ff1ad1b03b_UNKNOWN

Cheers
Very interesting find.
Can you please try again with Vsync = true (it should always be true to be honest) and FPS Limit set to 0 (the Frame Limit should automatically be picking the max refreshrate from the VivePro) but remove the Vk3DFrameSync.dll?
I wonder where that divide by zero comes from.
Ignore that failed shader, that is a compute which is a false positive.

For the record: the Framerate applies to the game that you see on the VR screen and not to the VR environment. VR will still update at full 90 FPS, but the game will run at FPS_Limit :)
I will try and see if I can replicate this :)

Cheers,
Helifax

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

:twisted: Vk3DVision 2.0.1 Release :twisted:

This is an small version release with some bug fixes as follows:
- Fixed issues with Frame Pacing and FPSLimit == 0 that caused Doom (2016) to dead-lock.
- Fully removed all calls to NVAPI that have to deal with Separation, Convergence and IPD. Vk3DVision now handles these across all modes: 3DVision, SBS/TB & VR. (As a result now, I don't care what you have set in NVPANEL for separation or if you use a monitor size override. Vk3DVision will handle all of these - configurable with the keys from the game & the ini file. Separation is also locked at 1000% max - in case you didn't know.)
- Removed the need to store stuff in Nvidia Profiles. You can now start your game normally. You don't need to start it as Admin anymore.

DOOM (2016) fix update:
- Fixed the dead-lock when FPS limit was not 60 FPS. It should now work with FPSLimit = 0 and reach 100 Frames per eye (200 in 2D. This is the MAX the engine will output!)
- Fixed some problems with stuttering due to wrong frame pacing.
- Crosshair is now at depth by default.
- Tweaked the convergence + separation + crosshair depth even more.

DOOM Eternal fix update:
- Fixed the accidental stuttering - on movement that I introduced.
- Crosshair is not at depth by default. It will break some menus, but that's why there is a toggle key :) for menus.

Cheers!
Helifax

masterotaku
Cross Eyed!

Post by masterotaku »

I've updated The Surge 2 to use Vk3DVision 2.0.1. Same link as always on the blog. Thanks for the quick update, Helifax.

BazzaLB
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BazzaLB »

Thanks for the quick update. I hate to be the Pain but I can no longer get any stereo rendering. I tried both SBS_LEFT and OpenVR. I just end up with flat display. SBS generates an SBS display, but its not stereo. Same for OpenVR. I checked that Stereo=true in ini file. I got latest Doom 16 fix, splash screen reports 2.0.1. I tried all manner of Vsync, FrameSync and FPSLimit in case that effected it but just flat display. No crashes, but no stereo either. I am sure I am doing something wrong but I cannot for the life of me work out what.

I even overwote the VK3DVision exe from latest Doom 16 fix with just the 2.0.1 version from standalone archive but got the same results. I went back to 2.0.0 for SBS and that worked fine. Removed 2.0.0 completely and re-installed 2.0.1, reset SBS and still non-stereo display. Checked all ini settings.

Any pointers greatly appreciated :)

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

BazzaLB wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:56 pm Thanks for the quick update. I hate to be the Pain but I can no longer get any stereo rendering. I tried both SBS_LEFT and OpenVR. I just end up with flat display. SBS generates an SBS display, but its not stereo. Same for OpenVR. I checked that Stereo=true in ini file. I got latest Doom 16 fix, splash screen reports 2.0.1. I tried all manner of Vsync, FrameSync and FPSLimit in case that effected it but just flat display. No crashes, but no stereo either. I am sure I am doing something wrong but I cannot for the life of me work out what.

I even overwote the VK3DVision exe from latest Doom 16 fix with just the 2.0.1 version from standalone archive but got the same results. I went back to 2.0.0 for SBS and that worked fine. Removed 2.0.0 completely and re-installed 2.0.1, reset SBS and still non-stereo display. Checked all ini settings.

Any pointers greatly appreciated :)
What is the overlay saying when you get 2D? Does it show a separation or convergence value?

BazzaLB
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BazzaLB »

helifax wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:00 pm What is the overlay saying when you get 2D? Does it show a separation or convergence value?
Color me embarrassed. Yep, they were both at 0.00 and simply using the listed ctl keys fixed it.. Oh my.. Sorry about that. How utterly obvious. I hate looking stupid, but alas the older I get the harder it is to hide. I am getting too old for my own good. :)

Brilliant work as usual!

Cheers

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

BazzaLB wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:14 pm
helifax wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:00 pm What is the overlay saying when you get 2D? Does it show a separation or convergence value?
Color me embarrassed. Yep, they were both at 0.00 and simply using the listed ctl keys fixed it.. Oh my.. Sorry about that. How utterly obvious. I hate looking stupid, but alas the older I get the harder it is to hide. I am getting too old for my own good. :)

Brilliant work as usual!

Cheers
Fixed :)
I didn't package the right stuff /facepalm :!: :!: :oops:

Re-download the game fix or Vk3DVision 2.0.1, it should now be correct!

Cheers and thank you for the fast feedback!
Helifax

BazzaLB
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BazzaLB »

helifax wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:17 pm

Brilliant work as usual!

Cheers

Helifax
In that case I feel a bit better ;) Downloaded latest and it is now perfect in OpenVR. Thanks again.

Cheers

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

BazzaLB wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:39 pm
helifax wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:17 pm

Brilliant work as usual!

Cheers

Helifax
In that case I feel a bit better ;) Downloaded latest and it is now perfect in OpenVR. Thanks again.

Cheers
Thank you very much for the quick response!
Yes, there was a tiny little bug on my end :oops: (The ini initial values weren't applied correctly, but as you can now see this is fully fixed).

Out of curiosity, did you try to use the VR Controllers to play the game? Does it work for you? 8-)
Did you have any issues with installing the Vigem Bus driver and using the Vive Wands to play the game? ( I know the vive wands are the most terrible controllers for VR and Doom certainly is meant to be played with KB+M, but I am curious if it works for you :) )

Cheers,
Helifax

BazzaLB
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BazzaLB »

helifax wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:46 pm Thank you very much for the quick response!
Yes, there was a tiny little bug on my end :oops: (The ini initial values weren't applied correctly, but as you can now see this is fully fixed).

Out of curiosity, did you try to use the VR Controllers to play the game? Does it work for you? 8-)
Did you have any issues with installing the Vigem Bus driver and using the Vive Wands to play the game? ( I know the vive wands are the most terrible controllers for VR and Doom certainly is meant to be played with KB+M, but I am curious if it works for you :) )

Cheers,
Helifax
I just installed the supplied driver (had not tried previously) and the wands respond correctly in game for both movement and screen positioning. No issues at all :)

Cheers

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

BazzaLB wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:57 pm
helifax wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:46 pm Thank you very much for the quick response!

Cheers,
Helifax
I just installed the supplied driver (had not tried previously) and the wands respond correctly in game for both movement and screen positioning. No issues at all :)

Cheers
Many thanks for the feedback! That is great to know as well! :D

Cheers,
Helifax

masterotaku
Cross Eyed!

Post by masterotaku »

The Surge 2 reuploaded again with the fixed Vk3DVision 2.0.1 version.

pj519
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pj519 »

In my case, ver 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 does not work. I use a 3dvisionready monitor, nvidia 3dvision shutter glasses and an infrared emitter.
In the VK3Dvision.ini file I set - Stereo3DViewMode = 3DVision11 - (I'm using the 452.06 graphics driver installed with bring back 3DV).
Detroit Human Become starts without crashing, but in 2D, the IR emitter will not start.
In the game, the reshade overlay is displayed in the upper right corner, there is the following information - render mode: plain 2d - and the separation and convergence are set to 0.
In the upper left corner of the reshade overlay the content of the VK3DVision.ini file is not displayed.
I think I followed all the instructions correctly, as I had no problems with earlier versions of VK3DVision. Ver. 1.0.3 works very well for me.
My spec. CPU I7 5820K GPU GTX 1080 ti 32 GB Ram Monitor Asus Rog278QR graphics driver 452.06 standard Windows 10 64 Bit 1909.
Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my English - I use google translator.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

pj519 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:28 am In my case, ver 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 does not work. I use a 3dvisionready monitor, nvidia 3dvision shutter glasses and an infrared emitter.
In the VK3Dvision.ini file I set - Stereo3DViewMode = 3DVision11 - (I'm using the 452.06 graphics driver installed with bring back 3DV).
Detroit Human Become starts without crashing, but in 2D, the IR emitter will not start.
In the game, the reshade overlay is displayed in the upper right corner, there is the following information - render mode: plain 2d - and the separation and convergence are set to 0.
In the upper left corner of the reshade overlay the content of the VK3DVision.ini file is not displayed.
I think I followed all the instructions correctly, as I had no problems with earlier versions of VK3DVision. Ver. 1.0.3 works very well for me.
My spec. CPU I7 5820K GPU GTX 1080 ti 32 GB Ram Monitor Asus Rog278QR graphics driver 452.06 standard Windows 10 64 Bit 1909.
Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my English - I use google translator.
You are not supposed to copy the files out of "Vk3DVision" folder. You are supposed to COPY THE WHOLE "Vk3DVision" folder in your game's directory, as clearly stated in the README file... :?

pj519
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pj519 »

Thank you halifax, everything works now. I should have read more carefully.

helifax
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by helifax »

pj519 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:06 am Thank you halifax, everything works now. I should have read more carefully.
Perfect!!!

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”