How to activate the Tomb Raider 2013 in 3D? Thanks

Frikinauta
One Eyed Hopeful

How to activate the Tomb Raider 2013 in 3D? Thanks

Post by Frikinauta »

Good evening.

I just installed the Tomb Raider 2013, and I see that in options it is possible to activate stereoscopic 3D, but it does not let me activate it.

The game does not appear in the list of compatible games either.

Can it be played in 3D? Can someone inform me?

Thanks a lot

schwing
Cross Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Re: How to activate the Tomb Raider 2013 in 3D? Thanks

Post by schwing »

There's no fix on the blog because the game developers created the game to be 3D ready. I checked if their 3D mode is being disabled in the game's nvidia profile, and it's not. Are you able to play other games in 3D? I figure that the game is seeing stereo as neither installed nor working.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v442.19, 1080p)

Frikinauta
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Frikinauta »

schwing wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:33 pm     There's no fix on the blog because the game developers created the game to be 3D ready. I checked if their 3D mode is being disabled in the game's nvidia profile, and it's not. Are you able to play other games in 3D? I figure that the game is seeing stereo as neither installed nor working.

Hi.

It is the first game that tries to make it work in 3D. I have the most advanced Nvidia drivers, and I know they don't support 3D, but I thought being native I wouldn't have to touch anything else.

Do I need to install or change any value to make 3D games work?

My Nvidia dashboard doesn't have any settings to activate 3D mode, I don't know what to do.

Thanks a lot

Edit:
I have found this guide, I am going to try it !!!

schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

So the game sees the stereo driver as not installed then. That 3DV program has been working fine for me. Just ignore any antivirus false positives; I get those randomly when downloading or installing.

Once it's all done, you'll see a 3D section in the Nvidia control panel. Stereo should be enabled by then, but I'd check there just to make sure first. The depth and strength in the game's stereo settings are separation and convergence (I forget which is which). They're necessary to get the graphics to pop out of the screen properly. So don't bother with the 3D hotkeys except for basic ones like turning 3D on.

Frikinauta
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Frikinauta »

schwing wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:59 pm     So the game sees the stereo driver as not installed then. That 3DV program has been working fine for me. Just ignore any antivirus false positives; I get those randomly when downloading or installing.

Once it's all done, you'll see a 3D section in the Nvidia control panel. Stereo should be enabled by then, but I'd check there just to make sure first. The depth and strength in the game's stereo settings are separation and convergence (I forget which is which). They're necessary to get the graphics to pop out of the screen properly. So don't bother with the 3D hotkeys except for basic ones like turning 3D on.

That's right, I didn't have the 3D driver installed, follow the guide I mentioned before and the game works.

But now I realize that it limits me to playing at resolution 1280x720 60hz or 1920x1080 24hz, is this normal?

Can't we play higher resolution in 3D?

I see the game pretty bad, really. My team rides i9
+ 2080ti, so I have power.

Thank you very much and sorry for disturbing

schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

Sounds like you have a 3DTV like me. If your display is passive like mine, then you can use an EDID override like I do. It tells your computer that it's a 3D monitor when it's not. I found out mine is passive by just trying it out. You can follow this guide and see if it works for you. If you use a 4K TV, then look up a 4K EDID override instead of the Acer one the guide linked. People seem to like this one.

If it doesn't work, your display will be unusable until you revert it back. Get into windows safe mode by restarting the computer, then prevent it from reaching the login screen at least 3 times by pressing (not holding) the power button before the login screen. It should show an option to get into safe mode. Then go to Device Manager again and uninstall the monitor driver you installed, then restart again. In this case, I'm not sure what you can do except for get a different 3DTV I guess.

If it does work, then restart your computer so you have driver signature enforcement re-enabled. Using an EDID means you may have to revert the 3D eyes if you find 3D viewable only when wearing your glasses up-side down. I use 3D Vision Eye Swapper. I don't recommend other solutions suggesting freezing the registry permanently if you want to change 3D nvidia control panel settings. Also you'll get some ghosting (i.e. crosstalk) from contrasting colors such as white and black. Lower the sharpness on your TV to 0 and observe whether it reduces the ghosting.

patsue
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by patsue »

schwing wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:26 pm     Sounds like you have a 3DTV like me. If your display is passive like mine, then you can use an EDID override like I do. It tells your computer that it's a 3D monitor when it's not. I found out mine is passive by just trying it out. You can follow this guide and see if it works for you. If you use a 4K TV, then look up a 4K EDID override instead of the Acer one the guide linked. People seem to like https://iortly.com/kindersicherung-iphone/.

If it doesn't work, your display will be unusable until you revert it back. Get into windows safe mode by restarting the computer, then prevent it from reaching the login screen at least 3 times by pressing (not holding) the power button before the login screen. It should show an option to get into safe mode. Then go to Device Manager again and uninstall the monitor driver you installed, then restart again. In this case, I'm not sure what you can do except for get a different 3DTV I guess.

If it does work, then restart your computer so you have driver signature enforcement re-enabled. Using an EDID means you may have to revert the 3D eyes if you find 3D viewable only when wearing your glasses up-side down. I use 3D Vision Eye Swapper. I don't recommend other solutions suggesting freezing the registry permanently if you want to change 3D nvidia control panel settings. Also you'll get some ghosting (i.e. crosstalk) from contrasting colors such as white and black. Lower the sharpness on your TV to 0 and observe whether it reduces the ghosting.
I might use your guide as well. I really want to play this game.
Last edited by patsue on Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

bo3bber
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by bo3bber »

If you happen to have a VR headset, you can use it as a 3D TV with HelixVision. I tested this game recently, and it was working.

sebastatu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sebastatu »

Hello, Im trying to play this game on an old 3D tv active from 2012, and i installed the latest drivers supported by Nvidia 4.25 i believe, and it wont allow me to activate 3D either in the configuration panel that appears right before the game where you can adjust your settings. When I go into the Nvidia control pannel I am able to test Nvidia Stereoscopy image and it works fine. I tried both 720@60hz and 1080p@24hz. I can see the Nvidia logo in stereo floating around just fine. but also tried other games 3D vision kicks and the green rating comes up in the screen I can see there is a 3D signal and my glasses turn on there is no stereo image. So 3D vision kicks in and my glasses are being triggered, but there is no stereo image of any game that I try.

Could it be my HDMI cable? If so why is the nvidia control panel test works just fine, but not any games even tough the 3D vision rating message comes up in every on of them that I try. Any help would be appreciate it.

Thank you,

Gatorkea
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gatorkea »

I also cannot get this game to work, most other games work fine. The stereo 3d option is greyed out and cannot turn it on in the options. Using latest working drivers.

bo3bber

Post by bo3bber »

Gatorkea wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:33 pm I also cannot get this game to work, most other games work fine. The stereo 3d option is greyed out and cannot turn it on in the options. Using latest working drivers.
This game only works when using the global hack with later drivers. Either use 425.31 driver where it works without any other tweaks, or use the global hack to modify the video driver.

When you say 'latest drivers', presumably you don't mean anything past 452.06, because nothing later than that will work at all for DX11.

Lysander
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

All 3 games work in 3D and look superb without any extra fixes. I just checked out the 2013 one a few weeks back and it was fine on win 10 1909, nvidia 456.02
Ryzen 5 3600X, RTX2060, 16GB ram, Windows 1909, nVidia 452.06, SSD.

Gatorkea
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gatorkea »

I am trying to find this global hack in HelixVision based on this page, but I do not see the option. http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/05/3d ... nager.html

Pauldusler

Post by Pauldusler »

Gatorkea wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:04 pm I am trying to find this global hack in HelixVision based on this page, but I do not see the option. http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/05/3d ... nager.html
For HelixVision we have removed the global driver hack toggle because it modifies a DLL file in the Windows Driver store folder. This is against Steam agreements so we cannot offer the toggle there. Please use 3D Fix Manager if you want to access the global driver hack toggle.

Gatorkea
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gatorkea »

Thank you Paul

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”