BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Lysander
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:28 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Lysander »

wow, thank you so much for this tool! Got myself a 2060 today and after a bit of tinkering and ending up on this page, finally got 3D Vision to work, at least in Rise of Tomb Raide and Metro Last Light.

In case this helps somebody, here's the process I went through as it wasn't as smooth as per original instructions:

1. I came from GTX 760 (yup ;) with 425 driver installed. After installing the 2060, Win (or something) updated to 432 which removed S3D. A couple of times I put the old card back to install 425 and tried keeping it but for some reason Windows kept updating the driver to 432 (I disabled updates).
2. Anyway, i came to this page and per instructions, downloaded 446.14-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe but even though i followed the instructions, it still wouldn't work.
3. I used DDU but after that I lost the 3DV Controller checkbox during driver installation - one or two reinstalls still didn't help - there was no 3d vision
4. Now, I noticed that there's a "3dvision" folder when you run BringBack3DV.exe, which strangely disappeared after driver installation (most other folders remained).
5. I marked all folders as "read-only" so they stay.
6. Re-installed 446 - the 3DV checkbox was still missing.
7. After reading a bit of this thread I thought that somehow the controller driver must not be installing after the main driver (as per someone's comment that it should)
8. I went into the "3d vision" folder and manually executed "setup.exe" - voila! the emitter controller was installed successfully and 3DV showed up in the Controller Panel and was available in the games the power of 2060 with 3D Vision :D

Cheers!
Ryzen 5 3600X, RTX2060, 16GB ram, Windows 1909, nVidia 452.06, SSD.

User avatar
WickedScav
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:59 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by WickedScav »

Does this tool/method still work with the Windows 10 May 2020 Update? Just wondering before upgrading...

Pauldusler
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Pauldusler »

WickedScav wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:41 pm Does this tool/method still work with the Windows 10 May 2020 Update? Just wondering before upgrading...
I would be interested into this info as well. 2004 update didn't pop up with Windowy Update yet. Maybe I'll install it manually on second PC for testing.

decapeter
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:48 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by decapeter »

Lysander wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:39 pm wow, thank you so much for this tool! Got myself a 2060 today and after a bit of tinkering and ending up on this page, finally got 3D Vision to work, at least in Rise of Tomb Raide and Metro Last Light.

In case this helps somebody, here's the process I went through as it wasn't as smooth as per original instructions:

1. I came from GTX 760 (yup ;) with 425 driver installed. After installing the 2060, Win (or something) updated to 432 which removed S3D. A couple of times I put the old card back to install 425 and tried keeping it but for some reason Windows kept updating the driver to 432 (I disabled updates).
2. Anyway, i came to this page and per instructions, downloaded 446.14-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe but even though i followed the instructions, it still wouldn't work.
3. I used DDU but after that I lost the 3DV Controller checkbox during driver installation - one or two reinstalls still didn't help - there was no 3d vision
4. Now, I noticed that there's a "3dvision" folder when you run BringBack3DV.exe, which strangely disappeared after driver installation (most other folders remained).
5. I marked all folders as "read-only" so they stay.
6. Re-installed 446 - the 3DV checkbox was still missing.
7. After reading a bit of this thread I thought that somehow the controller driver must not be installing after the main driver (as per someone's comment that it should)
8. I went into the "3d vision" folder and manually executed "setup.exe" - voila! the emitter controller was installed successfully and 3DV showed up in the Controller Panel and was available in the games the power of 2060 with 3D Vision :D

Cheers!
Thanks for the tool!!! And thanks to Lysander.

I adid the process describes in the first post but i also had to run the 3D vision install manually AFTER the process (step 8 of Lysander)



I also run Overwatch today and it worked with the glasses :D No problem with the anti cheat system (for the moment)

gehrkes910
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:50 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by gehrkes910 »

Thanks for BringBack3DV, thanks, thanks, thanks.
I like to tell you that I'm on Win10 Pro 2004, downloaded today Driver 446.14, patched it and it's working!

One thing which is irritating for some weeks (and therefor has nothing to do with the new configuration):
For a long time I have an ASUS VG248QE 120 Hz monitor, a rather old but perfect working Nvidia GTX650 and 3D Vision 2.
Since last month when I leave the refresh rate in the Nividia Stereo Control panel at the normal 120 Hz my glasses are suddenly very visibly flickering - completely new. When I change the refresh rate down to 100 Hz the flickering is less. Of course I like to leave the high refresh rate for better quality.
Has this something to do with the driver patching? Or my inabilty?

Thanks for reading
Stefan

russellk
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:09 pm
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by russellk »

gehrkes910 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:18 am Thanks for BringBack3DV, thanks, thanks, thanks.
I like to tell you that I'm on Win10 Pro 2004, downloaded today Driver 446.14, patched it and it's working!

One thing which is irritating for some weeks (and therefor has nothing to do with the new configuration):
For a long time I have an ASUS VG248QE 120 Hz monitor, a rather old but perfect working Nvidia GTX650 and 3D Vision 2.
Since last month when I leave the refresh rate in the Nividia Stereo Control panel at the normal 120 Hz my glasses are suddenly very visibly flickering - completely new. When I change the refresh rate down to 100 Hz the flickering is less. Of course I like to leave the high refresh rate for better quality.
Has this something to do with the driver patching? Or my inabilty?

Thanks for reading
Stefan
Thanks for posting this, very useful and will encourage others to try too.

Can you think of anything that has changed since you noticed the flickering problem? I mean any configuration changes or software updates?
Also, silly thing to say, but have you made sure that the glasses are fully charged? Are you in the same room with the same lighting? Sunlight and flourescent tubes can contribute to visible flicker.
Have you changed anything else?

When was the last time you used 3d vision? If you haven't used it for a while, it might just be something you forgot about.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH), 9700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, BenQ XL2420T 3d surround, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector (3dtvplay), WMR Odyssey+, WIn 19 1809 (425.31), Win 7 Pro x64

User avatar
Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Losti »

//skipped

User avatar
Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Losti »

Just used this tool again to update my outdated NV-Driver. DDU, than installed 425.31 and than the latest one with this tool. 446.14 ... Everything perfect!! ......seems ....

Thats what i have done in any case of driver update. DDU, 425.31, roberts tool => Easy and done ... Win 10 - V.1809 / SLI GTX 1070 / Core I9-9900K ...................

BUT: The things where installed without any 3D-Vision Setup. If i start games, i have 3D enabled, but they will not HOOCK Migoto fixes completely! I need to enter the NV-Control panel, disable 3D-Vision and enable again, than the 3D-Vision Setup will run, i pass through and THAN everything is working. Without the 3D-V-Setup I start games, they have 3D, but Migoto tells me: STERO DISABLED!!! No Migoto Hoock at all, only partial.

I do not have tried 3DFM for installing the newest driver. But with this tool, dooing DDU and install 425.31 and than the newest driver, is in the need of to run 3D-Vision Setup by uncheck and recheck the stereoscopic 3D-functionin the NV control panel, even if this is checked and enabled and seems to be right! After this, 3D is realy enabled and 3D Migoto applies fixes. Otherwhise you will have 3D but Migoto will tell you STEREO DISABLED (if you have hunting enabled in the ini)

gehrkes910
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:50 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by gehrkes910 »

russellk wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:53 am Can you think of anything that has changed since you noticed the flickering problem? I mean any configuration changes or software updates?
Also, silly thing to say, but have you made sure that the glasses are fully charged? Are you in the same room with the same lighting? Sunlight and flourescent tubes can contribute to visible flicker.
Have you changed anything else?

Thank you russellk for all your hints, which made check all my old and new settings.
I found the reason: the lamp bar on the ceiling! I must have changed one bulp out of four and this one is causing the flickering, for whatever reasons. Changed it and its gone.
So thanks again and sorry for bringing it up in this thread.
Stefan

russellk
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:09 pm
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by russellk »

gehrkes910 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:26 am
russellk wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:53 am Can you think of anything that has changed since you noticed the flickering problem? I mean any configuration changes or software updates?
Also, silly thing to say, but have you made sure that the glasses are fully charged? Are you in the same room with the same lighting? Sunlight and flourescent tubes can contribute to visible flicker.
Have you changed anything else?

Thank you russellk for all your hints, which made check all my old and new settings.
I found the reason: the lamp bar on the ceiling! I must have changed one bulp out of four and this one is causing the flickering, for whatever reasons. Changed it and its gone.
So thanks again and sorry for bringing it up in this thread.
Stefan
No, thank you for trying it out in the first place and reporting back. Glad you're sorted :-)
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH), 9700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, BenQ XL2420T 3d surround, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector (3dtvplay), WMR Odyssey+, WIn 19 1809 (425.31), Win 7 Pro x64

User avatar
Feisty_Fernando
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:11 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

TimFx7 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:28 pm Robert256 Thank you very much for making this work more practical.
Windows 10 (1809 ) GTX 1660 super.
I'm curious if those super cards work with Win 7 or are Win10 only.

kakashisensei
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:09 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by kakashisensei »

I am using 3d fix manager as it makes dll modification and restoring original dlls (for anticheat games) very easy.

Tried with win 10 2004 update, driver 451.48, and hardware accelerated gpu scheduling on. GPU is 2080 ti. Everything works great! Just a heads up.

the_jaguar
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:20 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by the_jaguar »

any update on 3D MVC playback for 3D movies via Madvr (along with MPC-BE or MPC-HC)?

Pauldusler
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Pauldusler »

Feisty_Fernando wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:37 pm
TimFx7 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:28 pm Robert256 Thank you very much for making this work more practical.
Windows 10 (1809 ) GTX 1660 super.
I'm curious if those super cards work with Win 7 or are Win10 only.
Super cards work with the driver hack on Win10 v.1903 or higher. On 1809 the driver hack is not required.+
I see no reason why they shouldn't work on Win7 as well.
Last edited by Pauldusler on Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pauldusler
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Pauldusler »

kakashisensei wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:18 pm I am using 3d fix manager as it makes dll modification and restoring original dlls (for anticheat games) very easy.

Tried with win 10 2004 update, driver 451.48, and hardware accelerated gpu scheduling on. GPU is 2080 ti. Everything works great! Just a heads up.
Does gpu scheduling improve performance in 3D mode?

tehax
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:14 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by tehax »

the_jaguar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:51 pm any update on 3D MVC playback for 3D movies via Madvr (along with MPC-BE or MPC-HC)?
We have to wait until madshi update madvr. One user had test the new envy and reported that 3D is working with newest nvidia driver. So i think some time later after offical envy release the htpc madvr will also work with latest nvidia driver.

User avatar
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:30 pm
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses
Contact:

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Dom »

I got the new Windows 10, Ver. 2004 and tried out BringBack3DV and it's working ok. I have tested 3d .mp4 rips in stereoscopic player 1.75 and PowerDVD 19 and all is working. I also tested Dirt3 in steam and working ok. I had problems with 425.31 today when I went to enable 3d vision (just was not working right and had to DDU, so I thought I would try BringBack3DV)

Thank you :woot :shutter

Here's a 3d SBS video of me playing a race in Dirt3 today: http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/3dstuff/DomD ... 7-2020.mp4
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Image

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Image

the_jaguar
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:20 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by the_jaguar »

tehax wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:58 pm
the_jaguar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:51 pm any update on 3D MVC playback for 3D movies via Madvr (along with MPC-BE or MPC-HC)?
We have to wait until madshi update madvr. One user had test the new envy and reported that 3D is working with newest nvidia driver. So i think some time later after offical envy release the htpc madvr will also work with latest nvidia driver.
that's reassuring to hear - hoping that madshi will release the updated version soon.

heroicapple
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 12:42 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by heroicapple »

Image

have this problem.. tried the newest and 425.31 driver separately in the same folder as the instruction said and still this message... tried extracting the driver and it was unsuccesfull :/

a31632
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:25 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by a31632 »

heroicapple wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:34 am Image

have this problem.. tried the newest and 425.31 driver separately in the same folder as the instruction said and still this message... tried extracting the driver and it was unsuccesfull :/
Do you have 7zip installed on your computer?
I used the newest NVIDIA drivers from June 23 and “unpacked” the exe with 7z in the same folder.
Ran “bringback3DV” and it worked flawlessly as ever.
I’m on DCH unfortunately as it is hardware coded, even with DDU I can’t do a clean install with non-DCH drivers, but copied the dat file as before in programdata\
NVDIA and worked.
I also update led Windows 10 to 2004 version after all this and 3D and driver still worked (in the ISO the NVIDIA driver is older so Windows left my 3D NVIDIA driver alone.

Pauldusler
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Pauldusler »

a31632 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:45 pm
heroicapple wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:34 am Image

have this problem.. tried the newest and 425.31 driver separately in the same folder as the instruction said and still this message... tried extracting the driver and it was unsuccesfull :/
Do you have 7zip installed on your computer?
I used the newest NVIDIA drivers from June 23 and “unpacked” the exe with 7z in the same folder.
Ran “bringback3DV” and it worked flawlessly as ever.
I’m on DCH unfortunately as it is hardware coded, even with DDU I can’t do a clean install with non-DCH drivers, but copied the dat file as before in programdata\
NVDIA and worked.
I also update led Windows 10 to 2004 version after all this and 3D and driver still worked (in the ISO the NVIDIA driver is older so Windows left my 3D NVIDIA driver alone.
Which graphics card do you use? Just wondering for which product Nvidia has ended standard driver support.

Pauldusler
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Pauldusler »

Losti wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:40 pm Thats what i have done in any case of driver update. DDU, 425.31, roberts tool => Easy and done ... Win 10 - V.1809 / SLI GTX 1070 / Core I9-9900K ...................
Installing 425.31 shouldn't be required before updating drivers to latest version. I recently did a clean DDU after updating to Win 10 v.2004 and all I had to do is install the original 451.48 Standard driver without the help of any third party tools. Then I ran 3DFM and it installed 3D Vision controller driver and 3D Vision driver for me. Then I hit "Quick Setup" and 3D was working. Driver hack gets auto-applied when starting a DX11 game via 3DFM.

Concerning driver hack: Bo3b and me have finished work on applying the driver hack through 3dmigoto. This means that the modified driver file is saved to the game folder and loaded from there. The original driver is kept untouched. The driver hack is only active while the game is running. You can already test it for HelixVision on the beta_driver branch on Steam. For 3DFM I'll release it in version 1.76.

User avatar
Skawen
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:36 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Skawen »

Pauldusler wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:27 am
Losti wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:40 pm Thats what i have done in any case of driver update. DDU, 425.31, roberts tool => Easy and done ... Win 10 - V.1809 / SLI GTX 1070 / Core I9-9900K ...................
Installing 425.31 shouldn't be required before updating drivers to latest version. I recently did a clean DDU after updating to Win 10 v.2004 and all I had to do is install the original 451.48 Standard driver without the help of any third party tools. Then I ran 3DFM and it installed 3D Vision controller driver and 3D Vision driver for me. Then I hit "Quick Setup" and 3D was working. Driver hack gets auto-applied when starting a DX11 game via 3DFM.

Concerning driver hack: Bo3b and me have finished work on applying the driver hack through 3dmigoto. This means that the modified driver file is saved to the game folder and loaded from there. The original driver is kept untouched. The driver hack is only active while the game is running. You can already test it for HelixVision on the beta_driver branch on Steam. For 3DFM I'll release it in version 1.76.
This will be amazing feature for 3DFM. Thank You for continuous updates on this amazing App.

a31632
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:25 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by a31632 »

Pauldusler wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:06 am
a31632 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:45 pm
heroicapple wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:34 am Image

have this problem.. tried the newest and 425.31 driver separately in the same folder as the instruction said and still this message... tried extracting the driver and it was unsuccesfull :/
Do you have 7zip installed on your computer?
I used the newest NVIDIA drivers from June 23 and “unpacked” the exe with 7z in the same folder.
Ran “bringback3DV” and it worked flawlessly as ever.
I’m on DCH unfortunately as it is hardware coded, even with DDU I can’t do a clean install with non-DCH drivers, but copied the dat file as before in programdata\
NVDIA and worked.
I also update led Windows 10 to 2004 version after all this and 3D and driver still worked (in the ISO the NVIDIA driver is older so Windows left my 3D NVIDIA driver alone.
Which graphics card do you use? Just wondering for which product Nvidia has ended standard driver support.


I have a GeForce GTX 1060, Alienware m15 laptop bought in December 2018.
Even with DDU in safe mode used I can’t install any standard drivers, the installation always fails as “it doesn’t find my Video hardware”, when I instead start installing DCH it goes with no problems. After trying numerous times with various driver versions I gave up, but if you have new ideas, please let me know ;-)

Annoying but I always get DCH drivers to work without issues now, just a second or two delays when opening applications but 3D Vision works fine.

Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:17 pm
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Robert256 »

heroicapple wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:34 am have this problem.. tried the newest and 425.31 driver separately in the same folder as the instruction said and still this message... tried extracting the driver and it was unsuccesfull :/
Probably you downloaded the wrong (DCH) driver instead of the Standard driver. Also, don't rename it.

Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:17 pm
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Robert256 »

Dom wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:15 pm I got the new Windows 10, Ver. 2004 and tried out BringBack3DV and it's working ok. I have tested 3d .mp4 rips in stereoscopic player 1.75 and PowerDVD 19 and all is working. I also tested Dirt3 in steam and working ok. I had problems with 425.31 today when I went to enable 3d vision (just was not working right and had to DDU, so I thought I would try BringBack3DV)

Thank you :woot :shutter

Here's a 3d SBS video of me playing a race in Dirt3 today: http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/3dstuff/DomD ... 7-2020.mp4
Thank you for the feedback! Haven't updated my system yet, this is valuable information!

heroicapple
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 12:42 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by heroicapple »

a31632 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:45 pm Do you have 7zip installed on your computer?
I used the newest NVIDIA drivers from June 23 and “unpacked” the exe with 7z in the same folder.
Ran “bringback3DV” and it worked flawlessly as ever.
I’m on DCH unfortunately as it is hardware coded, even with DDU I can’t do a clean install with non-DCH drivers, but copied the dat file as before in programdata\
NVDIA and worked.
I also update led Windows 10 to 2004 version after all this and 3D and driver still worked (in the ISO the NVIDIA driver is older so Windows left my 3D NVIDIA driver alone.
downloaded 7-zip and the program worked but my 3D doesnt work XD maybe I need to reinstall my OS will try WIN 8.1 which worked before with 3D

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=24989

User avatar
Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Losti »

Pauldusler wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:27 am
Losti wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:40 pm Thats what i have done in any case of driver update. DDU, 425.31, roberts tool => Easy and done ... Win 10 - V.1809 / SLI GTX 1070 / Core I9-9900K ...................
Installing 425.31 shouldn't be required before updating drivers to latest version. I recently did a clean DDU after updating to Win 10 v.2004 and all I had to do is install the original 451.48 Standard driver without the help of any third party tools. Then I ran 3DFM and it installed 3D Vision controller driver and 3D Vision driver for me. Then I hit "Quick Setup" and 3D was working. Driver hack gets auto-applied when starting a DX11 game via 3DFM.

Concerning driver hack: Bo3b and me have finished work on applying the driver hack through 3dmigoto. This means that the modified driver file is saved to the game folder and loaded from there. The original driver is kept untouched. The driver hack is only active while the game is running. You can already test it for HelixVision on the beta_driver branch on Steam. For 3DFM I'll release it in version 1.76.
Wooow this is amazing !!!

Ach und Paul: never Change a running System" :-) daher machte ich das immer so wie es bei dir mal geklappt hat und bis heute geht :-)

a31632
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:25 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by a31632 »

heroicapple wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:16 pm
a31632 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:45 pm Do you have 7zip installed on your computer?
I used the newest NVIDIA drivers from June 23 and “unpacked” the exe with 7z in the same folder.
Ran “bringback3DV” and it worked flawlessly as ever.
I’m on DCH unfortunately as it is hardware coded, even with DDU I can’t do a clean install with non-DCH drivers, but copied the dat file as before in programdata\
NVDIA and worked.
I also update led Windows 10 to 2004 version after all this and 3D and driver still worked (in the ISO the NVIDIA driver is older so Windows left my 3D NVIDIA driver alone.
downloaded 7-zip and the program worked but my 3D doesnt work XD maybe I need to reinstall my OS will try WIN 8.1 which worked before with 3D

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=24989
I used 3D fix manager to get 3D Vision to get activated after I installed everything.
Turn on the "3D switch" in the 3D fix manager and select "express setup". With me this did the trick, 3D Vision is now turned on in the NVIDIA control panel.
The "test application" wasn't working until I rebooted the laptop and tried again, all 3D Vision games and PowerDVD 19 etc. all working in 3D Vision.

I have used this method on several NVIDIA driver installations and works every time!

bo3bber
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:22 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by bo3bber »

a31632 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:44 amI have a GeForce GTX 1060, Alienware m15 laptop bought in December 2018.
Even with DDU in safe mode used I can’t install any standard drivers, the installation always fails as “it doesn’t find my Video hardware”, when I instead start installing DCH it goes with no problems. After trying numerous times with various driver versions I gave up, but if you have new ideas, please let me know ;-)

Annoying but I always get DCH drivers to work without issues now, just a second or two delays when opening applications but 3D Vision works fine.
I think you are stuck with the DCH drivers, because Nvidia did not add the laptop IDs to the standard drivers.

Helifax has reported the same problem on his recent laptop, and has to use DCH drivers.


In testing HelixVision driver override from game folders, I found that DCH driver does work there as well, but gives the usual 3 second delay we've seen. However, with 3D disabled, there is no delay, so it's possible to run normally while 3D is off. I'm not sure if this same behavior holds true for a system wide modded driver.

a31632
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:25 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by a31632 »

bo3bber wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:38 am
a31632 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:44 amI have a GeForce GTX 1060, Alienware m15 laptop bought in December 2018.
Even with DDU in safe mode used I can’t install any standard drivers, the installation always fails as “it doesn’t find my Video hardware”, when I instead start installing DCH it goes with no problems. After trying numerous times with various driver versions I gave up, but if you have new ideas, please let me know ;-)

Annoying but I always get DCH drivers to work without issues now, just a second or two delays when opening applications but 3D Vision works fine.
I think you are stuck with the DCH drivers, because Nvidia did not add the laptop IDs to the standard drivers.

Helifax has reported the same problem on his recent laptop, and has to use DCH drivers.


In testing HelixVision driver override from game folders, I found that DCH driver does work there as well, but gives the usual 3 second delay we've seen. However, with 3D disabled, there is no delay, so it's possible to run normally while 3D is off. I'm not sure if this same behavior holds true for a system wide modded driver.
Thanks for the heads up! I figured it was something "hardcoded" that prevented standard drivers to work, but DCH works luckily as well.
Amazing work done over here to keep 3D Vision alive and now that work is being done on a "Vulkan 3D Vision wrapper" is even better!!!

drastic00
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:05 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by drastic00 »

Woot! Jumped from Win 10 v1809 with driver 441.87 using Losti's tool, now to Win 10 v2004 with driver 451.67 via BringBack3DV. Working great so far, THANKS!!

Kermitou
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:28 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Kermitou »

Working with windows 2004, 451.67 driver, I could have installed 3D vision driver, after the nvidia driver, but I didn't have the choice in the installation options to choose "3D vision CONTROLER driver", but many games are working in 3D, as movies with powerdvd 18 ...

Lysander
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:28 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Lysander »

decapeter wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:51 am
Lysander wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:39 pm wow, thank you so much for this tool! Got myself a 2060 today and after a bit of tinkering and ending up on this page, finally got 3D Vision to work, at least in Rise of Tomb Raide and Metro Last Light.

In case this helps somebody, here's the process I went through as it wasn't as smooth as per original instructions:

1. I came from GTX 760 (yup ;) with 425 driver installed. After installing the 2060, Win (or something) updated to 432 which removed S3D. A couple of times I put the old card back to install 425 and tried keeping it but for some reason Windows kept updating the driver to 432 (I disabled updates).
2. Anyway, i came to this page and per instructions, downloaded 446.14-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe but even though i followed the instructions, it still wouldn't work.
3. I used DDU but after that I lost the 3DV Controller checkbox during driver installation - one or two reinstalls still didn't help - there was no 3d vision
4. Now, I noticed that there's a "3dvision" folder when you run BringBack3DV.exe, which strangely disappeared after driver installation (most other folders remained).
5. I marked all folders as "read-only" so they stay.
6. Re-installed 446 - the 3DV checkbox was still missing.
7. After reading a bit of this thread I thought that somehow the controller driver must not be installing after the main driver (as per someone's comment that it should)
8. I went into the "3d vision" folder and manually executed "setup.exe" - voila! the emitter controller was installed successfully and 3DV showed up in the Controller Panel and was available in the games the power of 2060 with 3D Vision :D

Cheers!
Thanks for the tool!!! And thanks to Lysander.

I adid the process describes in the first post but i also had to run the 3D vision install manually AFTER the process (step 8 of Lysander)



I also run Overwatch today and it worked with the glasses :D No problem with the anti cheat system (for the moment)
oh, just saw this, no problem man, glad it helped somebody :D
Ryzen 5 3600X, RTX2060, 16GB ram, Windows 1909, nVidia 452.06, SSD.

Obveron
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:53 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Obveron »

the_jaguar wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:43 am
tehax wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:58 pm
the_jaguar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:51 pm any update on 3D MVC playback for 3D movies via Madvr (along with MPC-BE or MPC-HC)?
We have to wait until madshi update madvr. One user had test the new envy and reported that 3D is working with newest nvidia driver. So i think some time later after offical envy release the htpc madvr will also work with latest nvidia driver.
that's reassuring to hear - hoping that madshi will release the updated version soon.
Framepacking still not working with madvr. No issues with stereoscopic player, that will have to do for now. Does anyone actually understand what exactly in the patched drivers breaks madvr 3d support?

the_jaguar
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:20 am

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by the_jaguar »

Obveron wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:49 pm
the_jaguar wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:43 am
tehax wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:58 pm
We have to wait until madshi update madvr. One user had test the new envy and reported that 3D is working with newest nvidia driver. So i think some time later after offical envy release the htpc madvr will also work with latest nvidia driver.
that's reassuring to hear - hoping that madshi will release the updated version soon.
Framepacking still not working with madvr. No issues with stereoscopic player, that will have to do for now. Does anyone actually understand what exactly in the patched drivers breaks madvr 3d support?
yeah, it's unfortunate that we don't yet have an updated build of madvr to fix the 3d issue. I am still running with the old drivers and can't wait to upgrade to the newest version...

narhicfd
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by narhicfd »

Hey guys, I was currently an AMD Tridef( just found out how to use TriDef with Nvidia card so that's cool😀)guy but am switching over to 3D vision. I bought a 1650 super couple days ago and begining to prepare my computer for Nvidia switch over.
I've decided to go ahead and reformat my hardrive and clean my computer of all AMD stuff. I know since I'm using a 1650 super I'll have to use the BringBack3D vision program but not sure how to go about it with a newer card and not even having an old 3D vision diver already installed on my computer. Please give me some advice on how to tackle this. My hardware specs are as such:

AMD 8370(4gz)
8 Gib ram
EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 XC
Optoma DH1012(https://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/pr ... c_8933.pdf)

I plan on staying with windows 10 version 1903 since it works with TriDef.

I'll be using Nvidia 3Dtv program and my DLP glasses for 3D not the 3D vision emitter and glasses. I've already downloaded the driver package 425.31 that released the 3D tv program for free.
Thanks guys and am looking forward to being part of the community.

User avatar
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:30 pm
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses
Contact:

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Dom »

narhicfd wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:29 pm Hey guys, I was currently an AMD Tridef( just found out how to use TriDef with Nvidia card so that's cool😀)guy but am switching over to 3D vision. I bought a 1650 super couple days ago and begining to prepare my computer for Nvidia switch over.
I've decided to go ahead and reformat my hardrive and clean my computer of all AMD stuff. I know since I'm using a 1650 super I'll have to use the BringBack3D vision program but not sure how to go about it with a newer card and not even having an old 3D vision diver already installed on my computer. Please give me some advice on how to tackle this. My hardware specs are as such:

AMD 8370(4gz)
8 Gib ram
EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 XC
Optoma DH1012(https://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/pr ... c_8933.pdf)

I plan on staying with windows 10 version 1903 since it works with TriDef.

I'll be using Nvidia 3Dtv program and my DLP glasses for 3D not the 3D vision emitter and glasses. I've already downloaded the driver package 425.31 that released the 3D tv program for free.
Thanks guys and am looking forward to being part of the community.
You might be able to use drivers 425.31 if they support your Nvidia GFX card. Those cards might have came after that driver came out, i forget.
But if your going to use BringBack 3DV then you can use the newest Nvidia drivers (non DCH drivers) use the latest Standard drivers.
Once you install your nvidia card and get all the drivers installed and the 3d drivers, 3dtv play will automatically load up in the nvidia control panel once it detects your projector is hdmi framepacking 1.4a.

The BringBack 3DV has instructions in the zip file and all you do is extract the file and then put the nvidia standard driver in the same folder then run the BringBack 3DV file and it will automatically install everything and do all the 3d tests for you. Its pretty easy, they made it painless and automatic.

BringBack 3DV includes the 3dtv play as it has the latest 3d vision drivers included with it. This program just installs 3d vision with the newest drivers with a few adjustments that they found out to make compatable.

Thanks,

Dom
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Image

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Image

narhicfd
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by narhicfd »

Dom wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:36 pm
narhicfd wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:29 pm Hey guys, I was currently an AMD Tridef( just found out how to use TriDef with Nvidia card so that's cool😀)guy but am switching over to 3D vision. I bought a 1650 super couple days ago and begining to prepare my computer for Nvidia switch over.
I've decided to go ahead and reformat my hardrive and clean my computer of all AMD stuff. I know since I'm using a 1650 super I'll have to use the BringBack3D vision program but not sure how to go about it with a newer card and not even having an old 3D vision diver already installed on my computer. Please give me some advice on how to tackle this. My hardware specs are as such:

AMD 8370(4gz)
8 Gib ram
EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 XC
Optoma DH1012(https://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/pr ... c_8933.pdf)

I plan on staying with windows 10 version 1903 since it works with TriDef.

I'll be using Nvidia 3Dtv program and my DLP glasses for 3D not the 3D vision emitter and glasses. I've already downloaded the driver package 425.31 that released the 3D tv program for free.
Thanks guys and am looking forward to being part of the community.
You might be able to use drivers 425.31 if they support your Nvidia GFX card. Those cards might have came after that driver came out, i forget.
But if your going to use BringBack 3DV then you can use the newest Nvidia drivers (non DCH drivers) use the latest Standard drivers.
Once you install your nvidia card and get all the drivers installed and the 3d drivers, 3dtv play will automatically load up in the nvidia control panel once it detects your projector is hdmi framepacking 1.4a.

The BringBack 3DV has instructions in the zip file and all you do is extract the file and then put the nvidia standard driver in the same folder then run the BringBack 3DV file and it will automatically install everything and do all the 3d tests for you. Its pretty easy, they made it painless and automatic.

BringBack 3DV includes the 3dtv play as it has the latest 3d vision drivers included with it. This program just installs 3d vision with the newest drivers with a few adjustments that they found out to make compatable.

Thanks,

Dom
Thanks Dom for the info! The more info I get, the easier it will be to install stuff.

narhicfd
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by narhicfd »

Is it necessary to format my hard drive simply cause I'm changing from an AMD card to an Nvidia card for 3D vision??

Post Reply

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”