Monster Hunter ICeborn 3d vision

DJ-RK
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Monster Hunter ICeborn 3d vision

Post by DJ-RK »

Damn, I knew having to rely on the loader was gonna be a headache.

And you uninstalled the old fix?

And you've extracted the folder contained within the zip in the main folder? (and not just the files contained in the folder? You can't have the files in the same directory as MonsterHunterWorld.exe) So you should now have the following directory: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Monster Hunter World\MHW 3D Fix\

Unfortunately, I don't have many suggestions here because the loader is the last resort. For comparison sake, I've been running this on my Windows 10 drive (v1903) on Nv driver 445.87, and haven't tested it on Win 7 or elsewhere (but may need to start testing).

Necropants
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by Necropants »

Yes. Removed the old fix completely and running it from the MHW3Dfix folder in the directory. (not extracted to the raw directory.)
By the way, I tried it on Windows 7 and it has the same problem there too. =(

But for arguments sake I am running. w10 1809 on the 445.87 driver

I guess I'll just try a full reinstallation of the game and see what happens.

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

While browsing for mods for MHW earlier I came across this one where in the description he mentions needing the latest VC++ redistributable or the game will crash (assumingly meant with his mod)... I came across this and it made me think of your situation, and that maybe because you are on the older version of Win 10 that you might not have the latest system files (either this one specifically, or maybe another) and that is causing 3DMigoto to not work the same for you.

I then went ahead and loaded up my Win 7 drive and was able to reproduce your issue there. I went and tried updating my VC++ redist, as per the above mod's suggestion, and unfortunately that didn't work, nor could I determine any other solution as of yet. I'll play around a little bit more, like now I'm wondering if it's an issue with the loader in general, or specifically with this game, so I'll test some other fixes on other games to see if they work with the loader while on Win 7... but that's only going to potentially narrow down the issue, not really offer any solution, so don't wait on baited breath for me on this.

Anyways, I'm left thinking that the remaining factor is that so far this is only confirmed to work on Win 10 v1903, and like to think my trouble with Win 7 supports that theory. I don't suppose you have (or could easily set up) a separate boot of Win10 on the latest version to test there, eh? If not then we'll just need to wait for some other testers to confirm.

So if anyone else has downloaded my latest build from here and tested it, could you please confirm if it has worked for you, and if on Win 10, which version?

Actually, since Necropants reminded me that I forgot to update the launcher config to use the Steam app ID instead of my local installation directory (oops), here's a reupload of the latest build, but with that one change to make the loader launch universal. Here is the update: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6fmeuv7e ... v3_0b2.zip

Edit: Ok, so the first game I tested the loader on worked, so it's specific to this game.

Necropants

Post by Necropants »

Damn, well that's really annoying because I was really wanting to get back into this game.
Reinstall the same issue. Weird that it works on later builds of windows, but I am pretty reluctant at this stage to play around further with my current setup and add another OS partition.
Are they actively trying to stop mods or something now, but that wouldn't really make sense if it works on 1903.

Hopefully, someone else on a later build can confirm.

Chtiblue
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Post by Chtiblue »

Hello,

It works fine here with Win 10 1903.

Good work DJ-RK as always 8)

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

Thanks Chtiblue, that's extremely helpful. That makes two confirmations for 1903 (and hopefully higher), and none elsewhere. Still early to consider it conclusive evidence without a few more data samples, but at least we have a working theory.

Necropants

Post by Necropants »

I am looking into the possibility of maybe having a bootable external hard drive with windows 10 1903 on it to confirm on my side but only convenient solutions I have found for far cost.

Necropants

Post by Necropants »

Okay. So the plot thickens....

After messing around today I successfully got a version of windows 10 pro 64x 1909 (I couldn't find 1903 for some reason they all read 1909) working of an external USB drive boot using the same driver with 3dvision confirmed working.
The game runs fine. However When trying to run the 3dmigoto loader. on a fresh installation of this OS I get the error. Note this is a completely fresh and close to the vanilla install with no extra programs or utilities and such and using DDU to install the 445.87 driver. 3dfix manager to patch the driver ect.

"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP120.dll was not found."
Turns out this dependency is Visual Studio dest 2013 runtime. So when installing this package it successfully ran and found MHW and started it up.
Aaaaaand.
Same problem. Game exe silently crashes.

Are there any other dependencies that the loader needs, or could this point to a clue regarding this issue?

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

Yeah, I was just about to pop on and tell ya not to go out buying an external or anything drastic at this point. Late last night I got a ping from someone on Discord telling me that they tried it on 1909 and it didn't work for them.

So, as you can guess, I'm currently in the process of making my 2nd backup of my existing Windows install (figured I better be doubly safe and make 2 separate backups using 2 separate pieces of software, in case one screws the pooch!), and then I intend on forcing an update to the latest version. If I could update to just 1909 I would, but I just tried the method that I knew of to be able to download either of the two latest Windows 10 builds, but I'm not certain if it's working properly, as I'm only being given the option to download the May 2020 build ISO. Where did you get you 1909 download from?

But yeah, I've been thinking there has to be some dependency thing happening. Was hoping it was something pre-bundled in a later Windows 10 build, but it could be some additional package that I have downloaded over the course of the past couple years. I've gone back to the 3DM release notes to see if there was any mention of any dependencies for the loader, and there none. It very well could be game specific, because I tried using the loader on Windows 7 on a different game and it worked just fine. It would be nice if 3DM at least dumped any sort of a log, but I haven't been able to get it to do so.

Anyways, I'm going to continue with what I can investigate on my own, and maybe see if I can get any 3DM dev support on the matter if I can't figure things out on my own.

First update: I just forced my Win10 to update to 2004 and fix still works for me, so I assume I've got something installed that's making this work for me that got grandfathered in by just doing an update. My next step is to do a fresh Win10 install and see what happens. I expect it won't work, and then I can start to figure out what's missing. I'll continue updating this post with further findings.

Update 2: Man, this update has turned my computer into a total, laggy mess. Sound is all f'd up too. Another quality update from MS! :roll:

Update 3: Ok, running on fresh Win 10 v2004 install with bare minimum installed and I'm getting the 3DM Loader crashing with a Windows error message stating that MSVCR120.dll not found. A quick google search for 'MSVCR120.dll missing' brings up articles mentioning VC++ Redistributables, just like that other mod had mentioned. Time to start installing some of those and see if I can hopefully find a winner.

Update 4: Fix loaded! As my google-fu had determined, MSVCR120.dll is part of the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable, so I went and installed that, run the 3DM Loader and it booted up EZ-PZ. When I tried installing the VC++ Redist on my Win 7 drive, I only installed the 2015, 2016, and 2017 package, I didn't bother with the separate 2013 package since I clearly overestimated Capcom's ability to incorporate "bleeding edge" tech, lol. Anyways, that means I'm now off to try installing the 2013 package on my Win7 drive to see if it solves it there as well.

Update 5: Fix loaded on Win 7. Root cause and solution likely identified. Creating new post with fix update clear instructions.

Update 6: The sad realization has set in that I could have saved myself a day's worth of messing with Windows 10 updates and installations if I had've simply installed the 2013 package to begin with, and tomorrow I've got to spend a decent portion of time either getting this fresh Win10 install up to speed, or fixing the busted ass updated Win 10 install I have on another drive, or saying screw it and restoring one of the 5 different backups I made prior.

#feelsbadman
Last edited by DJ-RK on Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

Hello
I would like to know if the CM mode works well for the dlc iceborne for the users of Windows 7 64 and the driver 425.31
thanks in advance

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

Since I've determined a probable root cause and solution to the issue with the 3DM Loader, I figured I'd post up the latest build of my fix, along with some new instructions for those new and not wanting to have to read up on past messages.

1) In order for the fix to work will require you to have the latest Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable package installed, so follow this link and choose the package that corresponds to your preferred language. A system reboot may be required.
2) Download Fix v3.0.b3
3) Uninstall any previous versions of my fix
4) Extract the contents of the downloaded .zip file into the Monster Hunter World main installation directory
5) There should now be a folder called 'MHW 3D Fix' in your Monster Hunter World directory, inside this folder find and launch the '3DMigoto Loader.exe'.
6) The game should load with the fix installed. You should see some yellow text in the bottom left corner confirming the fix is loaded.
7) The game might default to use compatibility mode (always does for me after a new driver install), so make sure to check the Nvidia Green text to ensure it is off, and disable CM if required.

What's new in v3.0.b3?
-Fixed god rays
-Disabled the volumetric rendering fix for now, as it causes some light bleed through in some scenes (due to my regex being a little too generic and overfixing). Will revisit fixing again later, but for now disabling Volumetric Rendering in the graphics options is highly recommended

What's coming (hopefully) in the final release?
-I've finally found an isolated place to work on screenspace reflections (which are really not present that much in this game), so this is fairly probable to get fixed.
-Light clipping is still present in very few scenes (but HUGELY reduced as is at the convergence preset setting provided). I'd like to completely eliminate this, but probability of improvement is low to mid here
-Volumetric Rendering, as mentioned above, needs to be reworked. A complete fix, based on my time already spent here, is in the low'ish probability bracket here, but at the very least I should be able to improve my existing regex to not hit unwanted shaders.

As you would imagine, I'll greatly appreciate confirmation of solution from people, and provided you guys are now able to get it working I'd still very much appreciate if anyone could confirm if Iceborne cinematics have a strong blur effect, and if pressing shift + ] resolves it. Fortunately I'm actually making progress towards getting into the Iceborne content myself, finally just got to the HR quests, but I imagine I probably still have a couple more days ahead of me before reaching MR/IB.

stfparis17 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:28 am Hello
I would like to know if the CM mode works well for the dlc iceborne for the users of Windows 7 64 and the driver 425.31
thanks in advance
Someone else can answer that for you, maybe.

Necropants

Post by Necropants »

Unfortunately, this isn't working for me in any of my OS installations. (sent you a message on steam.)
As you can see in my post up a bit further I kind of already went down this path, but for argument's sake I made an attempt to remove my version of the VS redist 2013 package, and install the ones you linked here, both x86 and x64 and rebooted.
Same problem....

Interestingly if you uninstall the package it doesn't delete the MSVCR120.dll file so it's like it doesn't clean up the whole thing.
I meticulously started again and followed your instructions as well so I am at a loss. =(

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

Sh!t, I actually missed that you had the same Windows error I had, and did the same investigative work. I pretty much read every part of your last message except for that section. I think my brain just tuned out and assumed you were having the same issue as before.

Unfortunately, I'm running out of ideas and, more importantly, fucks to give (not directed to you, personally). I certainly hope I don't need to explain the level of frustration I have right now, especially given how many of my past efforts were similarly wasted post mortem (Vermintide 2, For Honor to an extent).

My last effort will be to see if I can get some support. I'll try asking in the 3DMigoto Discord channel, and maybe even in the MHW modding Discord for suggestions. Beyond that, then I'm afraid it'll be, "if it works for you, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't," which may very well become my approach to these sorts of issues in the future.

Necropants

Post by Necropants »

Yeah absolutely understand mate, it's a bit weird. Maybe DSS could at least explain what dependencies it exactly needs or something.
It's weird in general that it needs the loader at all I don't think I ever had this problem with another game, especially one that used to work otherwise.

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

Ok, I think it's safe to say we're completely boned now. Just tried loading up the game and although the loader still launches the game, the fix is no longer hooking in for me. Was fine less than 24 hours ago. I didn't even see the game update.

Just finally got to Iceborne content like 2 days ago too, and was REALLY enjoying playing. Fixed way more stuff (including a huge performance loss issue which really smoothed the gameplay out), game was getting close to perfect. Hundreds of hours of gameplay and work pissed down the drain.

God fukcing damnit.

Edit: OMFG, false alarm, haha. Rebooted and I'm good now. Can't believe that actually solved it, I mean 3D was working (just no fix hook), mods were loading, everything else was fine...
Still wish we could figure out what's keeping other people from playing this, though. My Steam updated immediately prior to me launching the game, I wonder if that has something to do with it (maybe people who have issues are on the Steam beta client instead of the main release build?)

Necropants

Post by Necropants »

Thats an interesting theory because I am using the steam beta client.
The game did update itself the other night so I tried again then, and now a new CMD window appears and complains about the game being on the wrong version, for a second. I cant confirm exactly the message right now because I am at work.

bo3bber

Post by bo3bber »

DJ-RK wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:17 pm Sh!t, I actually missed that you had the same Windows error I had, and did the same investigative work. I pretty much read every part of your last message except for that section. I think my brain just tuned out and assumed you were having the same issue as before.

Unfortunately, I'm running out of ideas and, more importantly, fucks to give (not directed to you, personally). I certainly hope I don't need to explain the level of frustration I have right now, especially given how many of my past efforts were similarly wasted post mortem (Vermintide 2, For Honor to an extent).

My last effort will be to see if I can get some support. I'll try asking in the 3DMigoto Discord channel, and maybe even in the MHW modding Discord for suggestions. Beyond that, then I'm afraid it'll be, "if it works for you, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't," which may very well become my approach to these sorts of issues in the future.
I can offer that there is no VS2013 or other dependency in 3Dmigoto. But it might have changed since I last looked. DSS and I don't see eye-to-eye on this one, but I freakin' hate the added installs of all these godamn MS DLLs. So when setting 3Dmigoto up originally, I deliberately statically link everything we need, so that you get everything in one install. It takes more space on the HD, but who cares nowadays? That DLL thing is an ongoing nightmare because people don't just statically link what they need. Games are 50G nowadays, just link that poop already. Stop making the user do your work. </rant>

For MWH, the expected way to find these dependencies is the the game is supposed to ship with all the installers they might need. So, that dependency is pretty much required by Microsoft to have an installer that ships with the game. You see this with the DirectX folders full of old versions, that's why.

Might be worth checking if they have other installers that are expected to be run. Steam has a mechanism whereby a dev can specify what added installers need to be run upon first game run, but if they botched the bits, it might not run the stuff you need.

One other tidbit- a user on HelixVision forum suggests that the fix+HelixVision is generating an ERR12 driver error. I think that is unlikely, because I see this error show up in 2D forums, but was curious if you guys might have seen this during testing in any form.

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

bo3bber wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:37 pmI can offer that there is no VS2013 or other dependency in 3Dmigoto.
Thanks for confirming that, as that was one of the questions I had at the beginning of this whole mess. After enough investigating and testing I pretty much ruled that out, but it's always nice to get a definitive answer rather than having a base assumption.
For MWH, the expected way to find these dependencies is the game is supposed to ship with all the installers they might need. So, that dependency is pretty much required by Microsoft to have an installer that ships with the game. You see this with the DirectX folders full of old versions, that's why.

Might be worth checking if they have other installers that are expected to be run. Steam has a mechanism whereby a dev can specify what added installers need to be run upon first game run, but if they botched the bits, it might not run the stuff you need.
A great suggestion! I hadn't thought to look thoroughly through the game's install folders, and I definitely have seen those elsewhere but sadly there are none here. I think Necropants has already tried doing a full reinstall of the game, otherwise I might have suggested he do so in case somehow his Steam missed installing one of those packages.
One other tidbit- a user on HelixVision forum suggests that the fix+HelixVision is generating an ERR12 driver error. I think that is unlikely, because I see this error show up in 2D forums, but was curious if you guys might have seen this during testing in any form.
Actually yeah, for a while I was having the game crash during mid-gameplay, and when it would it would give the ERR12 graphics driver failed error, so that seems to be a bit of a generic error message. This would happen especially when running the game with hunting=1, which would also cause some lovely green artifact flickering during gameplay too (God I love being given seizures while playing/fixing games!). Would kick in after about 5-10 minutes of gameplay, and once it starts it would never stop, even after loading new areas, etc. Really has made this last bit of development painful because I can't just play with Hunting=1 and the OSD soft disabled like I normally like to do. I have to play with hunting = 0 and then identify an issue, restart the game with hunting =1, rush to the exact area with the issue and try to fix it before the green light disco starts (which is made that much more fun by being an online only game with no pause). Fixing this game has just been such a delight! Good thing that it is a really damn good game, at least.

Anyways, hopefully we're almost near finding the solution. I mean, we gotta be getting close at this point, through process of elimination! At least I certainly hope so. Only thing that could be worse than the game completely blocking the fix would be if I was the only one who actually got to play it.

bo3bber

Post by bo3bber »

DJ-RK wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:33 pmActually yeah, for a while I was having the game crash during mid-gameplay, and when it would it would give the ERR12 graphics driver failed error, so that seems to be a bit of a generic error message. This would happen especially when running the game with hunting=1, which would also cause some lovely green artifact flickering during gameplay too (God I love being given seizures while playing/fixing games!).
Not sure it will help with this game, if it's having trouble with hunting=2, but you can typically set hunting=1 while a game is running, and then use F11 to reload the d3dx.ini and it will change the setting. Given the game is a bit flaky, this may not help, because the F11 load is fairly heavy handed.

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

bo3bber wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:16 pm Not sure it will help with this game, if it's having trouble with hunting=1 or 2, you can typically start with hunting=0 then set hunting=1 while a game is running, and then use F10 to reload the d3dx.ini and it will change the setting. Given the game is a bit flaky, this may not help, because the F10 load is fairly heavy handed.
Fixed that for you, mate! And yeah, that's what I do at times in a pinch, but unfortunately you use the ability to do frame analysis which is how I locate 99% of the shaders that I need to fix these days... but in situations like these, sometimes it's better to work with what you immediately have available rather than to drop everything to get what you need and come back, so it's definitely a useful thing to know.

friendlinzh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by friendlinzh »

it is playable in 3d vision

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

friendlinzh wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:27 am it is playable in 3d vision
Is this a statement or a question?

Kenakidaki
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kenakidaki »

Hi DJ-RK,

Thank your for your work. I run into a weird issues with 3dMigoto loader that I hope you can help when you have the time.

From my observations:

1.When I run the 3dMigoto loader.exe as Administrator, the game itself will not start at all. The game process starts then ends if I have 3dMigotoloader.exe console active.
2.When I run the 3dMigoto loader.exe "NOT' as administrator, the game will start just fine. However the loader doesn't seem to work, as I get the messages "MonsterHunterWorld.exe: (8210) Unable to verify if 3DMigoto was successful loaded: 5"

Thank you.

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

Sorry Kenakidaki (and everyone else), I've investigated as much as I can into this issue and have not come up with a solution. It either works for you, or it doesn't, and it's up to you to try to figure out the solution because I've already tried (and I don't even have the problem, so it's a lot harder for me to try to find a solution for a problem that doesn't really exist for me).

The only suggestion I can make is to update your Visual Studio runtimes, maybe also try updating your .NET and DirectX. If anyone finds a solution that works for them then please post up here in the thread.

WZZ
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by WZZ »

Kenakidaki wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:33 am Hi DJ-RK,

Thank your for your work. I run into a weird issues with 3dMigoto loader that I hope you can help when you have the time.

From my observations:

1.When I run the 3dMigoto loader.exe as Administrator, the game itself will not start at all. The game process starts then ends if I have 3dMigotoloader.exe console active.
2.When I run the 3dMigoto loader.exe "NOT' as administrator, the game will start just fine. However the loader doesn't seem to work, as I get the messages "MonsterHunterWorld.exe: (8210) Unable to verify if 3DMigoto was successful loaded: 5"

Thank you.
try put MHW 3D Fix to anywhere but ont the geme Folder...like C:/orD:/
same problem,then i did this and 3d works good :shutter

Kenakidaki
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kenakidaki »

Hi Wzz,

That did it! Thank you.

Hi DJ-RK,

Awesome Fix! Thank you

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

Oh wow, wonder if that's been the problem all along (my instructions to unzip the folder inside the game folder). Will feel a little bit foolish if that ends up being the cause/solution, but hey, I'll take whatever I can get if it works!

If so (I'd like to get Necropants to verify first), then I'll finally post this fix up to the blog. There will be a few new additions to the fix since the last one I posted up here, so make sure you guys grab the latest version when it's up.

Edit: Have had Schwing test and confirm this resolved the issue for him as well. Looks promising! Will try to fix up a couple of remaining effects and likely post the full update to the blog by the weekend.

WZZ
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by WZZ »

Kenakidaki wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:24 pm Hi Wzz,

That did it! Thank you.

Hi DJ-RK,

Awesome Fix! Thank you
how is your fps?when i use the loader,even without ctrl+f5,just keep 2d playing,fps will drop a lot
i7 4770k+1080+16G;win10 1709;gpu driver451.67

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

Yeah, that's one of the things that this latest update will fix, I found the cause of some massive microstuttering and a solution, so hang tight and I should hopefully have the latest up in the next 24 hours.

In the meantime, you could edit the d3dx.ini file to either comment out or delete any lines that begin with "checktextureoverride" and then manually adjust the convergence during gameplay (I believe already have a keybind set up that you can use for that on Caps Lock to cycle between a high and low convergence setting)

stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

DJ-RK wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:50 pm Yeah, that's one of the things that this latest update will fix, I found the cause of some massive microstuttering and a solution, so hang tight and I should hopefully have the latest up in the next 24 hours.

In the meantime, you could edit the d3dx.ini file to either comment out or delete any lines that begin with "checktextureoverride" and then manually adjust the convergence during gameplay (I believe already have a keybind set up that you can use for that on Caps Lock to cycle between a high and low convergence setting)
Hello

Good news all that !!
Hoping for a complete fix ready to run and use
Thanks for the effort

Kenakidaki
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kenakidaki »

WZZ wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:54 pm
Kenakidaki wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:24 pm Hi Wzz,

That did it! Thank you.

Hi DJ-RK,

Awesome Fix! Thank you
how is your fps?when i use the loader,even without ctrl+f5,just keep 2d playing,fps will drop a lot
i7 4770k+1080+16G;win10 1709;gpu driver451.67
It is not so great, around 25-40 fps. I'm running 3d surround with dual 1080ti. Also on 451.67

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

Ok, so I haven't had time to do up the blog post yet, and I don't expect to be able to do so for the remainder of the weekend, so I'll post up the near final draft here now, and that way it gives people the weekend to test and report back any potential issues.

Main improvements:
-Major performance increase
-Different convergence preset triggers (as a result of changes necessary for the performance increase). Turn Subtitles to Off for best effect (only affects cutscenes, in-game text still remains). Transitions between presets are very slow and gradual, to reduce noticeable judder (and hopefully also reduce4 motion sickness for those that are allergic to faster transitions).
-All specular highlights now stereoized to correct depth
-Most screenspace reflections are stereo correct
-Godrays stereo correct
-Consolodated the MHW base game DOF toggle and Iceborne DOF toggle onto same keybind, it now cycles between 3 settings: MHW DOF Disabled, IB DOF Disabled, All DOF Enabled.
-It is no longer required to disable DOF to eliminate velocity blurring that occured in cutscenes like in my first Iceborne fix WIP, the DOF disable functions are purely for individual preference. Remember to only use the IB DOF Disable during cutscenes, it freezes shaders during actual gameplay.

Known remaining issues:
-Xeno'Jiva's laser beam and translucent details are at screen depth
-Player silouettes that appear when obscurred from the camera by monsters are at screen depth (there is an in-game option to disable them, which I recommend)
-As previously mentioned, lighting clipping still occurs infrequently, most common occurrence is when entering the tent at any camp
-Some screenspace reflections are not stereo corrected, mostly on crystal surfaces

Honestly, the remaining issues are there to stay because it's too much of a pain in the ass to try to fix them, and account for less than 1-2% of noticeable screen time. The most jarring one is the Xeno'Jiva laser, but that's just one move from one fight. I'm sure you all can deal with it and the few others.

Download MHW 3D Fix v3.0.b4

stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

DJ-RK wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:43 am Ok, so I haven't had time to do up the blog post yet, and I don't expect to be able to do so for the remainder of the weekend, so I'll post up the near final draft here now, and that way it gives people the weekend to test and report back any potential issues.

Main improvements:
-Major performance increase
-Different convergence preset triggers (as a result of changes necessary for the performance increase). Turn Subtitles to Off for best effect (only affects cutscenes, in-game text still remains). Transitions between presets are very slow and gradual, to reduce noticeable judder (and hopefully also reduce4 motion sickness for those that are allergic to faster transitions).
-All specular highlights now stereoized to correct depth
-Most screenspace reflections are stereo correct
-Godrays stereo correct
-Consolodated the MHW base game DOF toggle and Iceborne DOF toggle onto same keybind, it now cycles between 3 settings: MHW DOF Disabled, IB DOF Disabled, All DOF Enabled.
-It is no longer required to disable DOF to eliminate velocity blurring that occured in cutscenes like in my first Iceborne fix WIP, the DOF disable functions are purely for individual preference. Remember to only use the IB DOF Disable during cutscenes, it freezes shaders during actual gameplay.

Known remaining issues:
-Xeno'Jiva's laser beam and translucent details are at screen depth
-Player silouettes that appear when obscurred from the camera by monsters are at screen depth (there is an in-game option to disable them, which I recommend)
-As previously mentioned, lighting clipping still occurs infrequently, most common occurrence is when entering the tent at any camp
-Some screenspace reflections are not stereo corrected, mostly on crystal surfaces

Honestly, the remaining issues are there to stay because it's too much of a pain in the ass to try to fix them, and account for less than 1-2% of noticeable screen time. The most jarring one is the Xeno'Jiva laser, but that's just one move from one fight. I'm sure you all can deal with it and the few others.

Download MHW 3D Fix v3.0.b4

Thank you for the time devoted to making the game even more immersive

I test and come back posted later

WZZ
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by WZZ »

tried v3.0.b4,fps back to normal !!

oneup03
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by oneup03 »

This latest version works great! Performance is nice and smooth - played for several hours with no issues. I'm on Win7 with driver 425.31 and I installed the Visual Studio 2013 redist. I also had to place the folder outside of the game directory for it to work.
Win7 x64
i7-8086k @ 5GHz
16GB RAM @ 3800MHz
GTX 1080Ti

maurizioclaudio21
Two Eyed Hopeful
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Thanks for this fix I'm on Win10 with driver 417.01

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

Cheers guys.

To either of the last two commenters: You must be getting a prompt whenever you start up the game nagging you to update your driver, right? I think it says it needs driver version 442.xx or something like that, right?

I've actually half done up the blog update, but wanted to verify which driver version the game claims it needs so I could include that in the instructions, so could someone that gets the driver update nag message please reply with which version it says it needs?

maurizioclaudio21
Two Eyed Hopeful

I'm on Win10 with driver 417.01

schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

I get that too but it seems to be optional.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v442.19, 1080p)

maurizioclaudio21
Two Eyed Hopeful

schwing wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:41 am I get that too but it seems to be optional.
It is optional to me it works perfectly with old drivers 417.01 press ok and continue

Si è opzionabile a me funziona perfettamente con i driver vecchi 417.01

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”