[Guide] Win 10 v1903+, gfx driver v430.39+ 3DV Fix

Post Reply
User avatar
Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by Losti »

edwardsean wrote:Thanks so much guys! The directions here worked like a charm with 442.50.

What I’m wondering about though is what happens after 442.40 with the next update. Can we use these same directions or are they specific to this driver?

Is this the new procedure going forward, at least until Nivida makes another change?

Maybe the process can be updated in 3D Fix Manager?

Thanks!
Nothing changed except that my tool was changing ALL the driver version tags for the 3D files and with 442.50 this was the problem as i could see from roberts files. Originally only 2 files has to be changed for install 3D (i dont mean the 1903> steps from the first page, this do not have been changed). So i removed the file version changes for the rest of the 3D files. If i havnt had used it, we would never have get notice this 442.50 thing. So currently its all the same like before.


Robert256 wrote:
tuff253 wrote: Did you use the front page steps for driver 442.40 or did you run steps from some of the posts above in addition to the front page steps? I have yet to even try getting 3D to work on my PC using any of these steps but I think it is starting to get complex especially if the front page steps don't work with the current driver release.
I'm working on a universal patch, it seems ready for Win10. If you want, you can try it here:

- Download https://www.imaging3d.com/BringBack3DV.zip and copy the contents from this archive to c:\temp
- Download the new Standard(not DCH!) NVidia driver installer and also save it in c:\temp (see the download link in the readme.txt)
- Disconnect from internet. Optionally you can uninstall the current driver with DDU.
- Run BringBack3DV.exe. It will patch the driver and add 3D Vision, just see the onscreen instructions to install everything. May take a few minutes!
- Reconnect to internet.

Cheers!

Robert256
Very cool, does this includes the hex thing also? Is this tool changing the versions for the 3D files? I mean is this working for further fixes because its dynamic?

Whats the tool does exactly? What programming language? My bitfender AV gives me an infecton and cleaneup message:

infection with Gen:Variant.Razy.615428 fpr 7za.exe.

User avatar
schwing
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:51 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by schwing »

    It's probably the hex edit part that's causing the false positive. It's hex editing the nvwgf2um and nvwgf2umx dll files and changing the versions for just the NvSCPAPI and NvSCPAPI64 dll files. So basically an easier way to perform this guide. Except for changing file versions; I only had to do that manually for DCH drivers.

    I'd like to make this exe the first post, then have the second post be the manual guide. Though the false positive problem needs to be fixed first and a few people should provide general testing feedback here so we know it works for different hardware (e.g. SUPER cards if anyone wants to test with one).
Last edited by schwing on Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v442.19, 1080p)

User avatar
Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by Losti »

This is cool and a real improvement if the file will do the hex editing thing. I am allways try to make things as easy as possible for the user. I am sure this hex editing thing will overwhealm some. Even if i dont like the APP generation and i often expect some handson for the games we love, i know that this is the past...so i wellcome this easy way, and even if this for simple speed up things for those who understand what they have to do and can do follow the instructions from you Schwing.

If this is working and its not a virus, Robert256 you have all the 2 thumbs i got raised up !! Great work !!

Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:17 pm
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by Robert256 »

Losti wrote:This is cool and a real improvement if the file will do the hex editing thing. I am allways try to make things as easy as possible for the user. I am sure this hex editing thing will overwhealm some. Even if i dont like the APP generation and i often expect some handson for the games we love, i know that this is the past...so i wellcome this easy way, and even if this for simple speed up things for those who understand what they have to do and can do follow the instructions from you Schwing.

If this is working and its not a virus, Robert256 you have all the 2 thumbs i got raised up !! Great work !!
Hi Losti,
I don't know why your AV is alerting. My Kaspersky is having no trouble with it. Maybe it is, because I bundled several tools (among which 7za) in the exe, which get temporarily written to disk. Maybe your virus scanner finds that suspicious behavior.
The tool extracts the driver installer, unpacks the driver files, hex-edits and re-compresses them, patches the driver version and then starts the official installers. So in effect it automates all the excellent work of you and Schwing. With a bit of luck it will work for the next driver releases too. The only thing missing is the Win7/Win8 part, because I only included the Win10 3D Vision in the exe. I don't know if it's worth adding drivers for the older Windows versions.
Best regards, Robert

Edit: I think I found what's causing the alert. I packed 7za.exe with the UPX exe packer to save some extra space. Maybe the virus-scanner flags double-packed executables as a virus. When I have more time, I will build a version without the UPX packing.

tuff253
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:36 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by tuff253 »

Robert256 wrote:
tuff253 wrote: Did you use the front page steps for driver 442.40 or did you run steps from some of the posts above in addition to the front page steps? I have yet to even try getting 3D to work on my PC using any of these steps but I think it is starting to get complex especially if the front page steps don't work with the current driver release.
I'm working on a universal patch, it seems ready for Win10. If you want, you can try it here:

- Download https://www.imaging3d.com/BringBack3DV.zip and copy the contents from this archive to c:\temp
- Download the new Standard(not DCH!) NVidia driver installer and also save it in c:\temp (see the download link in the readme.txt)
- Disconnect from internet. Optionally you can uninstall the current driver with DDU.
- Run BringBack3DV.exe. It will patch the driver and add 3D Vision, just see the onscreen instructions to install everything. May take a few minutes!
- Reconnect to internet.

Cheers!

Robert256


Thanks!

Are these a full list of steps to have 3D work or do these need to be incorporated with the front page steps?


Sorry if noob question


EDIT: OK I read in the subsequent posts that it needs to be incorporated with existing steps. I'll wait for the front page to be updated. Thanks for the hard work guys.

Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:17 pm
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by Robert256 »

tuff253 wrote:
Thanks!

Are these a full list of steps to have 3D work or do these need to be incorporated with the front page steps?


Sorry if noob question


EDIT: OK I read in the subsequent posts that it needs to be incorporated with existing steps. I'll wait for the front page to be updated. Thanks for the hard work guys.
Hi tuff253,
We’ve come a long way since the first page, so actually the steps I posted above are all you need to get 3D Vision working again.
But this version is only working for Windows 10.

Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:17 pm
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by Robert256 »

Losti wrote:This is cool and a real improvement if the file will do the hex editing thing. I am allways try to make things as easy as possible for the user. I am sure this hex editing thing will overwhealm some. Even if i dont like the APP generation and i often expect some handson for the games we love, i know that this is the past...so i wellcome this easy way, and even if this for simple speed up things for those who understand what they have to do and can do follow the instructions from you Schwing.

If this is working and its not a virus, Robert256 you have all the 2 thumbs i got raised up !! Great work !!
Hi Losti, I have replaced the 7za exe with a non-compressed version (actually the one from your tool). Could you check if this one doesn’t trigger your AV? Download link is the same.

User avatar
schwing
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:51 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by schwing »

I forgot to mention that the hex edit was only needed when Win 10 1903 showed up. So I'm not sure that Windows 7 applies here, but I don't have Windows 7 to prove that.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v442.19, 1080p)

sebastatu
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by sebastatu »

Hi all

I was able to install 3Dvision with the latest nvidia drivers in Windows 10 ver 1903. By following these steps below. Everything I have tried is working fine. Every game so far works with no issues. I never used Losti's tool? So I wonder why is this part necessary for some? Maybe i missed something. I just followed Robert256 steps:

This guide will re-enable 3D Vision for the nVidia GeForce 442.50 drivers, also works for Win10 1909.
It is based on the brilliant work by Losti and Schwing.

1. Preparation
==============
- Download the Standard (not DCH!) 442.50 Geforce drivers from nVidia (not the DCH version) - https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en
- Download DDU (optional but recommended) - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/di ... nload.html
- Download and install 7-Zip - https://www.7-zip.org/

2. Unpack the drivers
=====================
- Right-click on the downloaded 442.50-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe file and select 7-zip->Open Archive
- Create a folder c:\temp
- Extract all driver files from 7-zip to c:\temp

3. Patch the drivers
====================
- Copy the folder NV3DVisionUSB.Driver from this archive to c:\temp
- Copy the folder Display.Driver to c:\temp (overwrite the nvwgf2um.dl_ and nvwgf2umx.dl_ files)

4. Prevent automatic new driver download
========================================
- Disconnect from internet to avoid Win10 automatically downloading a new driver
- Type "Change Device Installation Settings" in the control panel or start menu search.
- Set to "No"

5. (optional) Remove current display driver with DDU in safe mode
=================================================================
- Run DDU, follow the DDU instructions

6. Install the driver
=====================
- Start installing the 442.50 driver by running c:\temp\setup.exe
- Select Custom(Advanced) installation
- Check all options (including 3D Vision Controller Driver)
- Check 'Perform a clean installation'
- Click Next to Install

7. Install 3D Vision
====================
- Copy the 3DVision folder in this archive to your desktop
- Run setup.exe in the 3DVision folder to install 3D Vision

8. Done
=======
- Reconnect to internet, you should now have 3D Vision again

edwardsean
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:42 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by edwardsean »

I'm really glad that as issues come up that dedicated people are contributing to this thread! 3DVision will always be amazing.

However, ti would be great to eventually have these methods consolidated into a single approach on the front page.

I used a version of the steps outlined in these posts, but it would be great if to have an executable like Robert's.

A big thanks to everyone, especially Schwing and Losti.

User avatar
schwing
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:51 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by schwing »

I said that earlier in page 5.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v442.19, 1080p)

sebastatu
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by sebastatu »

I think the best way to help people is to upload the steps by steps and the drivers package to the Helixmod blog. and have its own page there. kind of like 3D fix manager has its own page. It should be no brainer to have any kind of helpful information or guide uploaded to the Blog. Even other stuff like LG 4k Passive 3D EDID overwrite guides and files and such.

tuff253
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:36 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by tuff253 »

Robert256 wrote:
tuff253 wrote:
Thanks!

Are these a full list of steps to have 3D work or do these need to be incorporated with the front page steps?


Sorry if noob question


EDIT: OK I read in the subsequent posts that it needs to be incorporated with existing steps. I'll wait for the front page to be updated. Thanks for the hard work guys.
Hi tuff253,
We’ve come a long way since the first page, so actually the steps I posted above are all you need to get 3D Vision working again.
But this version is only working for Windows 10.

Wow. This is fantastic!

And I have just seen a new Nvidia driver release today. Hopefully that doesn't become a party pooper with your fix!

edwardsean
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:42 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by edwardsean »

Ahhh.... Just when I got everything working again.

User avatar
schwing
Cross Eyed!
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:51 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by schwing »

Putting it on the blog sounds like a cool idea. I don't have access to it, so I'll leave it up to bo3b or whoever normally changes the top links.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v442.19, 1080p)

tuff253
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:36 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by tuff253 »

Robert256 wrote:
tuff253 wrote:
Thanks!

Are these a full list of steps to have 3D work or do these need to be incorporated with the front page steps?


Sorry if noob question


EDIT: OK I read in the subsequent posts that it needs to be incorporated with existing steps. I'll wait for the front page to be updated. Thanks for the hard work guys.
Hi tuff253,
We’ve come a long way since the first page, so actually the steps I posted above are all you need to get 3D Vision working again.
But this version is only working for Windows 10.

Hi Robert,

Sorry forgot to ask, once your steps are done, do we simply run 3D fix manager and install the relevant 3D fixes from that app and launch games from there?


I think I may try this tonight and hope to get Batman Arkham Knight working.

edwardsean
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:42 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by edwardsean »

Arkham Knight is awesome, and spectacular in 3D. Flying around Gotham is just amazing in real 3D.

Once you'e gone through the steps you can fire up 3D Fix Manager, and with 3D on.

It let you know that the 3D divers are not installed and ask if you want to install them. Just click "yes" even though you already have installed them.

It will start going through the install and instantly stop, but the 3D switch will turn on.

You have 3D!

tuff253
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:36 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by tuff253 »

edwardsean wrote:Arkham Knight is awesome, and spectacular in 3D. Flying around Gotham is just amazing in real 3D.

Once you'e gone through the steps you can fire up 3D Fix Manager, and with 3D on.

It let you know that the 3D divers are not installed and ask if you want to install them. Just click "yes" even though you already have installed them.

It will start going through the install and instantly stop, but the 3D switch will turn on.

You have 3D!

Great thanks for that. Yes, I have been waiting so long to get Batman AK in 3D. Now that the steps have been simplified I'll give it a shot and hope it works.

tuff253
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:36 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by tuff253 »

OK so I ran the steps Robert posted, everything went well until it tried to setup 3D vision on my VG278HE monitor, it came back on screen showing "Out Of Range". I couldn't do anything until I reset the PC. Seems like it doesn't like the driver for me. I tried using the HDMI to DVI cable with the HDMI adapter on the end. I even used a HDMI cable from my Samsung Blue Ray dvd player :P

I'm using standard driver 442.50. Windows 10 1909 build

Not sure why it doesn't like this monitor. Any suggestions?



EDIT: I should mention that my main display is a PG279Q, non 3D compatible so I flipped the monitors around. It may also be conflicting with something I have set up for the main monitor like G sync or something stupid.


EDIT 2: Actually I just remembered, after all these years that 3D needs 120hz. Looking at my adapter settings it is stuck on 60hz. This must be cable issue.


EDIT 3: I'm an idiot. Wrong cable. It has been a while.


So far looks good. I just need to work out how to adjust the depth and convergence... :)


EDIT 4: Last one I promise.


Seems the depth and convergeance buttons weren't working for me until I restarted the game. This looks absolutely awesome. I missed 3D Vision.


Thanks to everyone who helped out and for the steps to get things working. :)

dlrjajdlfo
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:35 pm

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by dlrjajdlfo »

To losti


I did as your way. then in 442.59 works fine in win1909 too
Except for manually editing and copying two dll files
and Of course, it's still necessary to modify the profile for VR to work properly.

But atm I have a question.
Why must I install 425.31 first?
I think that process was omitted in the 3dfix manager 1.74 .
Because of these processes, there are two nv_disp folders

Do I misunderstand the installation process?

sorry for my bad english
and thanks in advance

User avatar
Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by Losti »

Robert256 wrote: Hi Losti,
I don't know why your AV is alerting. My Kaspersky is having no trouble with it. Maybe it is, because I bundled several tools (among which 7za) in the exe, which get temporarily written to disk. Maybe your virus scanner finds that suspicious behavior.
The tool extracts the driver installer, unpacks the driver files, hex-edits and re-compresses them, patches the driver version and then starts the official installers. So in effect it automates all the excellent work of you and Schwing. With a bit of luck it will work for the next driver releases too. The only thing missing is the Win7/Win8 part, because I only included the Win10 3D Vision in the exe. I don't know if it's worth adding drivers for the older Windows versions.
Best regards, Robert

Edit: I think I found what's causing the alert. I packed 7za.exe with the UPX exe packer to save some extra space. Maybe the virus-scanner flags double-packed executables as a virus. When I have more time, I will build a version without the UPX packing.
Working so far!!! Good Work!!!

It also detects the OS version and skipp the HexPatching thing as i can see, very good!!
But i suggest adding the windows 7 version of 3D files and let the too install 3DV for windows 7

As i noticed, the 3DVision files are still present in the latest quadro driver for windows 7 and it was also working using this files for windows 10, no difference and no problems but i dont suggest this for the a universal tool. (Quadro Desktop/Quadro Notebook Driver Release 440 WHQL R440 U4 (441.66) -- win 7 version is containing 3DVISION files that also works for win 10 1809 but not checked later) ....latest version 441.66.........

Is your tool installing the 3DVision usb driver (for the pyramide) ?? 3DFM will do this automatically if this is not installed, otherwhise you need to install 425.31 to get this usb driver installed. Would be cool if this is done by your tool also.

I see you dont have done any error handling. For the APP community from today and the DAU you should add something like this. "if no 3D-driver installation file is detected, add a message to the screen" ... such things. The tool as seems working in any directory so just get the user the info: Add extract it to a separate/temp folder and start. ready. No C:\temp copy etc. I also suggest to add something to the tool that will let it install only the latest and highest version, means WHAT IF THE USER will have more than one driver installation file in the temp folder? Curretnly it will install the lowest i think....just check for the latest file and let the tool only install this one!

In batch i just identify the files number containing like this

for /f "delims=" %%k IN ('dir "*international*" /b') do echo %%k>>%tempfile0% 2>nul
for /f "tokens=1 delims=-" %%k IN (%tempfile0%) do set NEWDRIVERVER=%%k
MEans searching for files containing the word "international" and than use the first strings after a "-" and this is until now always the version number because fter the version number there is a "-" in the file name. Just a suggestion ^^

For savety, may also add a RESTART option after new driver installation.

Make it such save as possible and give the user as less as commands or things to do to prevent failture. I know i hate error handling but this makes things more save if the DAU is @work ^^ This prevents stupid ERROR SEARCH that does not exist and was a failture of the user ^^

Thats why i am stepping back her but i will do such things for the UE4-UF2 as my last action for the community over a long time, just to prevent annoying complains. For a legacy technique i expect some more encouragement LIKE YOU DID HERE !!!! THANKS !!! .... from more of us.....

I can test your tool for win 1809 and 1903 and give you more feedback if you want to add an update, if its "perfect" i suggest you to contact BO3B for a Helix Mod Blog post, its worth to provide it there!! Ill change all my posts for the installation of the driver to ref. to your tool than.

==> Update from 442.50 to 442.59 works perfectly with your tool, (Win 1809) (Prev Installationsetup: : 425.31 and 442.50 via my tool coming from this setup) => I dont have checked any other things. Just update to 442.59 using your tool, so i dont know if your tool installs the 3D-V-USB driver if you do a DDU cleanup.

dlrjajdlfo wrote:To losti


I did as your way. then in 442.59 works fine in win1909 too
Except for manually editing and copying two dll files
and Of course, it's still necessary to modify the profile for VR to work properly.

But atm I have a question.
Why must I install 425.31 first?
I think that process was omitted in the 3dfix manager 1.74 .
Because of these processes, there are two nv_disp folders

Do I misunderstand the installation process?

sorry for my bad english
and thanks in advance
You need 425.31 to install USB driver for pyramide emitter, also for alter drivers to be present. I cant install the driver via BATCH SCRIPT, means this was the easiest way for you without to get the things working. But you can also install the latest driver diretely and than follow this, even if 3DFM is not up to date to install drivers later than 442.50, this will work.

- install 3D-Driver and 3D-Vision by the use of this tool, and skipp the part of the 425.31 installation described there (because you cant install it with a super card)
- install and start 3D-Fix manager
- enable 3D with the slider in the upper right corner
- this will ask you to install the 3D-Vision controller driver, just install it and restart, than you have 3D-Vision with the latest driver @ your SUPER card without the 425.31 step thats not possible for you!

tuff253
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:36 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by tuff253 »

Good to know that Roberts fix works on the 442.59 driver.


I guess eventually Nvidia will break it but I'm going to hold out on this driver until I complete Batman :P

tuff253
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:36 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by tuff253 »

After going back to 1080p from 1440p to get 3D working, I feel dirty and disgusted. Was wondering if the DSR options in NVCP work with 3D vision enabled?

Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:17 pm
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by Robert256 »

Thanks Losti, I hope I’ll have some time to optimize the tool soon. Right now my PC is training an AI model for a few days, so probably not a good time to mess with the drivers ;)

User avatar
Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by Losti »

Robert256 wrote:Thanks Losti, I hope I’ll have some time to optimize the tool soon. Right now my PC is training an AI model for a few days, so probably not a good time to mess with the drivers ;)
No rush, your tool is the great association of all the things arround! Please make it as save as possible. And even if you want, provide it!!! ask BO3B for a Helix Mod Blog Release!!!

dricks
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by dricks »

Hi,

I installed latest 442.59 using good'old method of 425.31 as base and 3D_driver_Changer.cmd
Eveything did fine until the configuration assistant, which showed:
"Error in StereoCPLAPI"
"Settings->setDefaultStartupMode() returned false"

I can see the 3D activating itself because the screen turn into 3DMode, but the software fail to initialize, then 3D turn Off and this error message appear.

I'm using Windows 7
Previous driver i was using with 3DVison are 442.19

Any idea?
Are thos fu***ing brainless from Nvidia broke 3DVision for good?

dricks
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by dricks »

tuff253 wrote:After going back to 1080p from 1440p to get 3D working, I feel dirty and disgusted. Was wondering if the DSR options in NVCP work with 3D vision enabled?
Yes, DSR works perfectly with 3DV

kakashisensei
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:09 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by kakashisensei »

dlrjajdlfo wrote:I am using hp reverb.
On 441,87 and 442,19 everything worked perfectly just by copying two dll files and installing 3dfix manager with 3d vision driver install automatically
And I played a game.
Yes It was all I have to do
But at 442.50 , the wmr portal and 3D vision collide again,
It is no longer possible to run 3d vision and VR simultaneously.
so I have to change the 0x709D3AD2 value to 0x00000004 and after then i have to change all games to 0x00000008.
To be honest, this problem occurs with all drivers except 441.87 and 442.19.

Does anyone know why this happen?

Does your steamVR work with 3dv enabled? Its still not working for me with any of the 3dv fixes. I just tried 442.50 with lostis v1.2 fix. I can get WMR portal + 3dv to work, but steamVR does not. Using samsung odyssey+.

tuff253
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:36 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by tuff253 »

dricks wrote:
tuff253 wrote:After going back to 1080p from 1440p to get 3D working, I feel dirty and disgusted. Was wondering if the DSR options in NVCP work with 3D vision enabled?
Yes, DSR works perfectly with 3DV
Thanks. I confirmed this too but at the time of posting I had 24 hours before I could find out so thought I’d ask.

dricks
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by dricks »

Ok, problem solved, here are the steps i followed to install 3DVision with latest 442.59 on Windows 7:

1/Download losti's 3D_driver_Changer.cmd

Edit the file and add :: in front of unwanted edits (or remove lines):
rcedit "NvSCPAPI.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
rcedit "NvSCPAPI64.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%"
rcedit "NvSCPAPI.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
rcedit "NvSCPAPI64.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvStInst.exe" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvstlink.exe" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvStreaming.exe" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvStReg.exe" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "NvStTest.exe" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "NvStView.exe" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "NvStWiz.exe" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "npnv3dv.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "npnv3dvstreaming.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "Nv3DVisionIePlugin.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "Nv3DVisionIePlugin64.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "Nv3DVStreaming.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "Nv3DVStreaming64.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "Nv3DVStreamingIePlugin.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "Nv3DVStreamingIePlugin64.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvImage.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvImage64.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvstapisvr.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvstapisvr64.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvStereoApiI.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvStereoApiI64.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "NvStRes.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "NvStRes64.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "NvStWizRes.dll" --set-product-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvStInst.exe" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvstlink.exe" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvStreaming.exe" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvStReg.exe" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "NvStTest.exe" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "NvStView.exe" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "NvStWiz.exe" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "npnv3dv.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "npnv3dvstreaming.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "Nv3DVisionIePlugin.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "Nv3DVisionIePlugin64.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "Nv3DVStreaming.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "Nv3DVStreaming64.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "Nv3DVStreamingIePlugin.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "Nv3DVStreamingIePlugin64.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvImage.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvImage64.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvstapisvr.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvstapisvr64.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvStereoApiI.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "nvStereoApiI64.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "NvStRes.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "NvStRes64.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul
::rcedit "NvStWizRes.dll" --set-file-version "%D3DRIVERVERSION%" 2>nul

Now:
-Install 425.31
- Use 3D_driver_Changer.cmd to install 442.19
- Use 3D_driver_Changer.cmd to install 442.59

I had to go through to 442.19 step or i would get an "incorrect driver version" on the 3DV software installer going directly from 425.31->442.59
But adding the 442.19 step in-between solved the problem

Screenshot:
Image

kakashisensei
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:09 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by kakashisensei »

kakashisensei wrote:
dlrjajdlfo wrote:I am using hp reverb.
On 441,87 and 442,19 everything worked perfectly just by copying two dll files and installing 3dfix manager with 3d vision driver install automatically
And I played a game.
Yes It was all I have to do
But at 442.50 , the wmr portal and 3D vision collide again,
It is no longer possible to run 3d vision and VR simultaneously.
so I have to change the 0x709D3AD2 value to 0x00000004 and after then i have to change all games to 0x00000008.
To be honest, this problem occurs with all drivers except 441.87 and 442.19.

Does anyone know why this happen?

Does your steamVR work with 3dv enabled? Its still not working for me with any of the 3dv fixes. I just tried 442.50 with lostis v1.2 fix. I can get WMR portal + 3dv to work, but steamVR does not. Using samsung odyssey+.
Finally figured it out. Had to use nvidia profile manager and add vrmonitor.exe and vrdashboard.exe profiles to have the 0x709D3AD2 value to 0x00000004. Existing profiles for vrcompositor and vrserver are there under DisplayLink. These are all used by steamVR. Now I can get 3dv to work on win10 1909 and on 442.50, with steamVR working. Thanks again to everyone that made 3dvision possible on newer drivers!

dlrjajdlfo
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:35 pm

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by dlrjajdlfo »

kakashisensei wrote:
Finally figured it out. Had to use nvidia profile manager and add vrmonitor.exe and vrdashboard.exe profiles to have the 0x709D3AD2 value to 0x00000004. Existing profiles for vrcompositor and vrserver are there under DisplayLink. These are all used by steamVR. Now I can get 3dv to work on win10 1909 and on 442.50, with steamVR working. Thanks again to everyone that made 3dvision possible on newer drivers!
thanks for ur info
but i have a question
Did 3d work even if you didn't change 0x709d3ad2 to 0x00000008 in the game profile?

kakashisensei
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:09 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by kakashisensei »

dlrjajdlfo wrote:
kakashisensei wrote:
Finally figured it out. Had to use nvidia profile manager and add vrmonitor.exe and vrdashboard.exe profiles to have the 0x709D3AD2 value to 0x00000004. Existing profiles for vrcompositor and vrserver are there under DisplayLink. These are all used by steamVR. Now I can get 3dv to work on win10 1909 and on 442.50, with steamVR working. Thanks again to everyone that made 3dvision possible on newer drivers!
thanks for ur info
but i have a question
Did 3d work even if you didn't change 0x709d3ad2 to 0x00000008 in the game profile?
I never had to change 0x709d3ad2 flag in any game profile. I only needed to change WMR, WDM (windows desktop manager), and steamVR profiles. I am playing 3d vision games simultaneously using virtual desktop. I am also using the latest non beta steamVR and WMR for steamVR builds. I am using 3dfix manager to launch games in 3d, so I don't know if that is automatically changing profile for me.

Under 425.31, I only had to change WMR and WDM to 0x00000004.

Under 442.50 + losti fix and 3dvision driver installed via losti fix, I need to change WMR, DWM, and steamVR (DisplayLink + vrdashboard + vrmonitor) to 0x00000004. I assume it would have also worked on older drivers + 3dvision fix, but I never figured out until now.

Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:17 pm
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by Robert256 »

Losti wrote: But i suggest adding the windows 7 version of 3D files and let the too install 3DV for windows 7

As i noticed, the 3DVision files are still present in the latest quadro driver for windows 7 and it was also working using this files for windows 10, no difference and no problems but i dont suggest this for the a universal tool. (Quadro Desktop/Quadro Notebook Driver Release 440 WHQL R440 U4 (441.66) -- win 7 version is containing 3DVISION files that also works for win 10 1809 but not checked later) ....latest version 441.66.........
Hi Losti, thanks for testing! I examined the 3DV installer and find only little differences in the files, mainly in the manifest area, so I expect that the current driver will work for Win 7 too without modifications. Unfortunately I don't have a win7/win8 system, so I can't test that theory.
Losti wrote: Is your tool installing the 3DVision usb driver (for the pyramide) ?? 3DFM will do this automatically if this is not installed, otherwhise you need to install 425.31 to get this usb driver installed. Would be cool if this is done by your tool also.
Yes, it is included.
Losti wrote: I see you dont have done any error handling. For the APP community from today and the DAU you should add something like this. "if no 3D-driver installation file is detected, add a message to the screen" ... such things. The tool as seems working in any directory so just get the user the info: Add extract it to a separate/temp folder and start. ready. No C:\temp copy etc. I also suggest to add something to the tool that will let it install only the latest and highest version, means WHAT IF THE USER will have more than one driver installation file in the temp folder? Curretnly it will install the lowest i think....just check for the latest file and let the tool only install this one!
What makes you think that? It's full of checks, but only prints something if an error is encountered, to keep it simple for the end user. It even checks if you downloaded the right driver for your system. I added your suggestion of selecting the latest driver if more are present though. Also made a few changes to the readme.txt.
Losti wrote: Make it such save as possible and give the user as less as commands or things to do to prevent failture. I know i hate error handling but this makes things more save if the DAU is @work ^^ This prevents stupid ERROR SEARCH that does not exist and was a failture of the user ^^
Thats why i am stepping back her but i will do such things for the UE4-UF2 as my last action for the community over a long time, just to prevent annoying complains. For a legacy technique i expect some more encouragement LIKE YOU DID HERE !!!! THANKS !!! .... from more of us.....
I know, I'm in software development for 35 years now ;)
Losti wrote: I can test your tool for win 1809 and 1903 and give you more feedback if you want to add an update, if its "perfect" i suggest you to contact BO3B for a Helix Mod Blog post, its worth to provide it there!! Ill change all my posts for the installation of the driver to ref. to your tool than.

==> Update from 442.50 to 442.59 works perfectly with your tool, (Win 1809) (Prev Installationsetup: : 425.31 and 442.50 via my tool coming from this setup) => I dont have checked any other things. Just update to 442.59 using your tool, so i dont know if your tool installs the 3D-V-USB driver if you do a DDU cleanup.
Thanks again for all your work and the testing!
As far as I can see, the new version works without problems, you can find version 0.2 at the usual place: http://imaging3d.com/BringBack3DV.zip

It would be great if someone could test this version on a Windows 7 or 8 system.

User avatar
Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by Losti »

Thank you Robert, much appreciateyour work!!!
Hi Losti, thanks for testing! I examined the 3DV installer and find only little differences in the files, mainly in the manifest area, so I expect that the current driver will work for Win 7 too without modifications. Unfortunately I don't have a win7/win8 system, so I can't test that theory.
That explains why the QUADDRO DRIVER 3D-Vision package was always working for windows 10 ^^ So that’s a bit of conformation that his win 7 or 10 driver will also work for both OS and is not different. To avoid any circumstances, I advise to add files from the original deliver for the 2 OSs, only to be sure.


Ref the Error Handling: I am sorry if i have underestimated you, only thing i have seen that if the driver install file is not present, the tool do not bring up a message and just starts from beginning. You wrote you are a softwware engeneer, so you know what you are dooing, my apollogize!

Ill test your Version 0.2 for win 1809 and 1903 for any cases a user can came from, means 425.31, or some driver updates before your tool and let you know the results.

I am sure your tool is s loving MASTERPIECE for this community!!!

By that I mean specifically the change for Windows 1903 and later versions, the rest was so far relatively easy to do with my tool or 3DFM, but integrating the HEX-EDIT stuff into a program is a new level of simplification! Thanks a lot for this!!!

User avatar
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:28 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by Isaacvigo »

Robert256, you are a genious!.
I love your tool.
We finally have a complete serious tool to endure in 3d
The next step would be to get the drivers to remain signed in some way, so that we can skip the easy anti cheats of many new games.

tuff253
One Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:36 am

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by tuff253 »

What’s the process of uninstalling the changes Roberts fix applies? Is the standard DDU uninstall enough to revert things?

User avatar
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:28 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by Isaacvigo »

tuff253 wrote:What’s the process of uninstalling the changes Roberts fix applies? Is the standard DDU uninstall enough to revert things?
Yep. Uninstalling is all u need.
Robert´s tool just patch drivers installer... to revert procecess, just uninstall.

Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:17 pm
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by Robert256 »

Losti wrote: Ref the Error Handling: I am sorry if i have underestimated you, only thing i have seen that if the driver install file is not present, the tool do not bring up a message and just starts from beginning. You wrote you are a softwware engeneer, so you know what you are dooing, my apollogize!
No problem, I understand :) It actually showed a message, but directly exited, so you couldn't see it. Fixed in 0.2!
Losti wrote: I am sure your tool is s loving MASTERPIECE for this community!!!

By that I mean specifically the change for Windows 1903 and later versions, the rest was so far relatively easy to do with my tool or 3DFM, but integrating the HEX-EDIT stuff into a program is a new level of simplification! Thanks a lot for this!!!
Please stop, that's far too much credit! You found this trick and Schwing found the incredible hex fix for the dlls (respect!!!!), which was much harder than just automating your steps.
You guys did the real work here, otherwise I still couldn't see my 3D movies!

Btw. I updated the file a bit. I was annoyed by the slow re-packing, so I rewrote the dll-compressor. It's ten times faster now, so the patching takes significant less time now!

User avatar
Chtiblue
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:52 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by Chtiblue »

kakashisensei wrote:
Does your steamVR work with 3dv enabled? Its still not working for me with any of the 3dv fixes. I just tried 442.50 with lostis v1.2 fix. I can get WMR portal + 3dv to work, but steamVR does not. Using samsung odyssey+.
Finally figured it out. Had to use nvidia profile manager and add vrmonitor.exe and vrdashboard.exe profiles to have the 0x709D3AD2 value to 0x00000004. Existing profiles for vrcompositor and vrserver are there under DisplayLink. These are all used by steamVR. Now I can get 3dv to work on win10 1909 and on 442.50, with steamVR working. Thanks again to everyone that made 3dvision possible on newer drivers![/quote]

Hi kakashisensei,
Great to see you've found a workaround!

but how can I do that with nvidia profile inspector? I didn't see any 0x709D3AD2 value in displaylink profile and to which profile do I add the vrmonitor.exe and vrdashboard.exe?
Thanks

Post Reply

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”