Kingdom Come Deliverance problem

b4thman
Cross Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Kingdom Come Deliverance problem

Post by b4thman »

I wrote this question in the Nvidia 3D Vision forum a couple weeks ago, without success, and now I have a little more information about it. I give you some clues, in case somebody knows what I can do.

Basically the problem is that 3Dmigoto fix forces my monitor tu use the max. refresh rates (144 hz), and the red message alerting that I am not using the correct video mode appears on the screen (and of course 3D picture is corrupted).

The curiosus is that this happen with the last 2 versions of nvidia drivers I have tried, and did't happen before, so the fix is good, but something is making the fix not working right in the last drivers. I am using Windows 7 to run stereo, and apparently this problem is not a a problem for people using windows 10.

I have tried with the KCD profile that came with 425.31, and I can run stereo in the right refresh rate but 3D stero does not workd without the fix. If I delete KDC profile adn run 3dmigoto profile I have the problem related. I can not modify refresh rate through Nvidia CP (it is grayed, as well as the option to choose gsync/normal/ulmb). Using nvidia profile inspector let me chage Prefered Refreshrate to use the 3D application settings, but when i run the game and leave, I see that it is again in highest available.

If I open d3dx.ini and modify refresh rate = 120, it does nothing.
If filter_refresh_rate=60 does nothing too.

I believe these last nvidia drivers treats this game in a different manner, and it does not matter if there is an specific profile, it seems that the driver recognizes the game, and I suppose that it is by the .exe, but I have modified kingdomcome.exe to kin.exe and still is not possible to modify refresh rates in Nvidia CP. And of course I can modify in other games.

Maybe this is a problem that can occur no only in this gama, but also in other games that I haver not tried/installed lately. Maybe this problem has something to do with the implementation of "Low latency Mode" in the Nvidia drivers.

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance problem

Post by Losti »

You can modifx the greyed out options in nvidia inspector. I can also bind it to migoto profile setup, what things do you need to be changed?

//EDIT: I have seen that the fix will set the refresh rate to higheest available. Ill update it to be used by game.

//EDIT2: OK Please try this Version 3.21: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2018/03/k ... ision.html

KDC_Performance.cmd

BTW you HAVE TO DELETE the profile the game comes with as standard, otherwhise you have massive performance problems. So if you update the driver, dont forget to delete the KCD profile. I suggest to do this now again and than run the game via KDC_Performance.cmd. DONT FORGET to use this KDC_Performance.cmd for every game launch, do not start it via a shortcut to this script, do not start it as normal. just directely via KDC_Performance.cmd.

b4thman
Cross Eyed!

Post by b4thman »

Problem solved. Thanks.

Zappologist
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zappologist »

Hello Losti, All,
I'm checking out the fix and so far it works quite well.
However I have no idea how the performance +++ versions are constructed so I have difficulties tweaking some things.
Maybe you guys have a few ideas (I left a comment on the blog but no replies yet).

1. How can I set up upscaling when using the "performance boost" versions?
I set up upscaling via 3DFM, but if I launch the .cmd version it seems to override the .ini changes.
So I read the documentation and I tried to change the other three .ini files used by the boost versions. Some of the changes stick - for example I changed the default convergence from 0.8 to 0.6 in all the three .inis and it worked. However, as soon as I touch the DEVICE section to set up upscaling somethig bad happens and the screen starts all black.
Is this due to maybe different migoto versions? Or something about how the boost versions were coded? I know they replace some files on the fly, but if my custom convergence settings stay why does it not happen with the upscaling section?

2. With the boost versions, and everything set to low, I mostly get locked 60fps in 3D (through a workaround, where I go to window mode, launch FixManager, set up upscaling, save, then go to game and press F10, then go to full screen again - this makes upscaling work but I need to do it everytime I start the game or Alt Tab).
Now, 60fps locked in this beautiful game is something almost unreal, it's really impressive and a pure joy to see. However, the 60fps lock only happens temporarily, like when a scene "settles" for a bit. But as soon as I go somewhere else, or save the game, or even open a menu, the frame rate goes all over the place again, with annoying stuttering.
Is this how the boost works? It's the same for other users? Or is it something on my end?
Because I don't know how the boost version was coded I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong, like pressing some keys that disable boosting, or something else I don't understand (I have French keyboard, and when I select the boost options I select US/UK keyboard versus German.

3. Lastly, and less important. The lights from torches, fires, etc, are broken unless you are standing next to the light source. I've tried setting the shader quality medium or high, and other options like Lighting, but I don't see any difference.
Is this happening for other users as well? Was maybe the fix broken by an update? Or were these light sources not corrected in the fix due to difficulties?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you guys might have!

RAGEdemon
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D Projector Setup

Post by RAGEdemon »

I deeply appreciate the work on this fix by Losti and the community - a big thank you.

However, the game is severely limited due to the 3 core bug. With my 5GHz CPU, 4GHz CL16 memory setup, I am lucky to get 40FPS in towns etc., which for me personally is not immersive or even playable (personal taste). This is purely a CPU bottleneck i.e. the GPU usage is pretty low and under utilised.

To get around this, I uninstalled the community fix and restored the original nvidia profile. I then enabled Compatibility Mode with this game...

** Constant 60FPS everywhere, with no 3 core bug.

** The 3D is good (though obviously not as good as the community fix).

** While I deeply appreciate the community's efforts with this game, I personally would recommend playing in compatibility mode for an overall better and richer experience.

Core scaling can be found below - note the difference between a hypothetical 3 core (3 core bug) system and an 8c16t (unleashed) system.
Dark blue is the important bar as it = no GPU bottleneck
Edit: Clarity | Windows 10 64-Bit | 7700K @ 5.1GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3956MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | Oculus Rift CV1

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Zappologist wrote:Hello Losti, All,
I'm checking out the fix and so far it works quite well.
However I have no idea how the performance +++ versions are constructed so I have difficulties tweaking some things.
Maybe you guys have a few ideas (I left a comment on the blog but no replies yet).

1. How can I set up upscaling when using the "performance boost" versions?
I set up upscaling via 3DFM, but if I launch the .cmd version it seems to override the .ini changes.
So I read the documentation and I tried to change the other three .ini files used by the boost versions. Some of the changes stick - for example I changed the default convergence from 0.8 to 0.6 in all the three .inis and it worked. However, as soon as I touch the DEVICE section to set up upscaling somethig bad happens and the screen starts all black.
Is this due to maybe different migoto versions? Or something about how the boost versions were coded? I know they replace some files on the fly, but if my custom convergence settings stay why does it not happen with the upscaling section?

2. With the boost versions, and everything set to low, I mostly get locked 60fps in 3D (through a workaround, where I go to window mode, launch FixManager, set up upscaling, save, then go to game and press F10, then go to full screen again - this makes upscaling work but I need to do it everytime I start the game or Alt Tab).
Now, 60fps locked in this beautiful game is something almost unreal, it's really impressive and a pure joy to see. However, the 60fps lock only happens temporarily, like when a scene "settles" for a bit. But as soon as I go somewhere else, or save the game, or even open a menu, the frame rate goes all over the place again, with annoying stuttering.
Is this how the boost works? It's the same for other users? Or is it something on my end?
Because I don't know how the boost version was coded I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong, like pressing some keys that disable boosting, or something else I don't understand (I have French keyboard, and when I select the boost options I select US/UK keyboard versus German.

3. Lastly, and less important. The lights from torches, fires, etc, are broken unless you are standing next to the light source. I've tried setting the shader quality medium or high, and other options like Lighting, but I don't see any difference.
Is this happening for other users as well? Was maybe the fix broken by an update? Or were these light sources not corrected in the fix due to difficulties?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you guys might have!
Its pretty simple. Yo ucan start the game without the cmd script, if everything is cool and performant you are happy.
If not, but if you once have choosen your prefered perforance version to launch with the script ONE and you do not want to change it anymore do this:
- set all the things you want to set in 3DFM, make the game as you like it, and THAN:
- delete d3dx_NP.ini
- delete d3dx_PP.ini
- delete d3dx_PP_NAB.ini
- copy d3dx.ini 3 times and name the 3 files as the files you prev. deleted.

You can also uncomment (add a "::" infront of the line without the "") all the lines containing the word "d3dx.ini" in theKDC_Performance.cmd

And DO NOT forget to delete the original Kingdome comes profile with the nvidia driver inspector if you run the game the first time after install a new graphic card driver. This is mandatory for performance!!

Zappologist
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zappologist »

Thank you guys for answering!

@Ragedemon
Don't know if you've tried Losti's performance version, but I get locked 60fps almost always. Large towns like Rattay and Monastery are the exception, but elsewhere it's really fine, surprisingly. The only issue is that it's not constant when you change zones or ride around. It's similar to what I used to experience in games like the Far Cry series, which I think is due to texture streaming or assets loading, probably CPU dependant and unavoidable.
In my opinion, Losti's version together with how good the game is, elevates the experience to "mandatory/unmissable" status. Regarding CM, I would not make such recommendation for this game. Because the game has atrocious performance even in 2D, where CM is irrelevant. Losti's performance version (I use option 1) makes the game playable, both in 3D and in 2D. CM would not help with either.

@Losti
Indeed replacing/renaming the 3 files with the main .ini worked. Which makes me think that those three files are a bit "wrong" in the fix zip. Manually modifying some elements in the files, like upscaling, makes certain sections invalid so some of the settings are aborted at launch, or 3D Migoto itself prevents the game from launching, after alerting with some low beep-boops.
I don't think it's very important. Most users would not bother manually setting the upscaling in the three performance .ini files.

I will make a post here later with a few hints for 4K TV owners to get the game to work as best as possible according to my preferences.

For the moment, just wanted to thank you Losti and all, for these amazing fixes. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

RAGEdemon
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by RAGEdemon »

I don't know your system specs nor which version of the game you're using mate, but to each their own :)

Fyi, my experience with latest build of the game + DLCs, all settings maxed except one or two to one notch below max; at 2560x1600:

In demanding areas such as towns:
2D FPS = 90+ fps.
3D CM FPS = 60fps locked everywhere.
3D Losti with performance option: 40 fps.

I don't think it's quite right to say the community fix "makes the game playable, both in 3D and in 2D. CM would not help with either" because CM intrinsically bypassed the well documented 3DV 3-core bug giving a huge boost to especially CPU limited games. FYI mate, if you don't see a difference on your specific system then likely your bottleneck is your GPU.

I'm glad the proper Losti fix worked well for you and you enjoyed it. Losti and others worked really hard on it and I'm joyed that it bares fruit.

We all have different likes, and in this specific game, I just preferred a different experience :)
Edit: Clarity | Windows 10 64-Bit | 7700K @ 5.1GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3956MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | Oculus Rift CV1

Zappologist
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zappologist »

Need some help here, if you guys are not to drunk already, partying for the New Year :-)

I was trying to test some of the options to corroborate RAGEdemon's assessment, when something happened on my system. There must have been a small update overnight or something, and all of the sudden this game did not want to display in full screen anymore. (I don't use the 4K native resolution). I tried several things, and ended up doing the DDU and reinstalling 524.31 again. I'm on Win 10 Pro 1803.

Now 3D Vision is not triggering anymore. It happens only in this game.
I think it has something to do with the 3D Migoto settings, and driver profile. I've deleted the original profile, and I see there is a special profile the fix created. But no matter what I try 3D Vision does not trigger, game stays 2D.

Does anyone know anything about similar issues and what I can do to fix it?
It's like the fix is not being applied.
And another strange thing. I've installed a game called Overload, to check the 3D, and the 3DFM program could not detect it.
I've never had this before, and the only times I've read about similar issues is with people on newer Windows 10 versions.

Could it be that a small update broke something in the mechanism by which 3DFM has access to profiles and registry, or how some complex fixes are behaving? Could it be specifically related to CryEngine?

I've had strange things happening before, linked to Windows updates, where games did not play normally or 3D not working, but it usually settles by itself after a few restarts. But now it's stranger. It only affects this game, and it's not solved by DDU and driver change.
I will try DDU again, no idea what else to try. Maybe you guys have some ideas ...

RAGEdemon
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Hi Zappologist,

A curious problem indeed...

Some things might help from memory:

Before we begin - make sure the 3DFix ini has the appropriate fullscreen setting - 0,1,2 - I can't remember which was the one that worked for me. Also, need to disable the SBS/OU entries somewhere in the config file.

1. Right click on the kingdom come deliverance shortcut and under compatibility, disable fullscreen enhancements.

2. Alt-Enter a few times?

3. My gut feeling is that this behaviour is related to the community fix creating a new profile and the original profile interfering with it... I have attached a profile from my working version which includes both the original profile linked to the kingdomcome.exe and the 3DMigoto profile linked to kingdomcome2.exe. You can now swap between whether you want t use the original profile or the 3DMigoto profile by deleting/adding links via nvidia inspector. Note that if you delete all .exe links, the profile will become deleted.

4. If I recall correctly (I no longer have KCD installed), there are multiple config files on the root game folder which the community 3DFix creates, and bounces between them depending on which performance option you choose. You might want to delete all of these.

I hope that helps a little, and happy new year to everyone!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RAGEdemon on Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zappologist
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zappologist »

Thanks for the reply.
Happy New Year, all!

I had done all those things already. The thing is that it was working previously, and now it's not.
Besides that one game not being recognized by 3DFM, now the 3DFM install itself is aborting. I had to download a new version.
This never happened to me before.
I hope it's not a sign of drive failure. Or a Windows update somehow stuck mid-instal.
I'll try to do DDU again, and fully reinstal the game itself, as a last try.
Bad luck, was really enjoying the game with Losti's performance fix.
I welcome any other ideas. Even if someone can confirm the fix still works. Don't think the game itself got updated, but you never know. Hating Win 10 so much!

bo3bber
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by bo3bber »

I'm not up on the details for the performance fix, but I can add the detail that I just tested KC:Deliverance using HelixVision, and it was working fine in 3D. HelixVision is not identical to 3DFM, but it's based on the same code base, so at least for purposes of launching in 3D I'd expect them to be the same. Another thing I cannot explain is that this game is now 3D in HelixVision VR, and earlier it would run but only be in 2D. Seems OK now.

Updated fix was auto-installed upon Play 3D, and game is running smoothly and fix is perfect, including auto-depth on the cursor.

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Zappologist wrote:Thanks for the reply.
Happy New Year, all!

I had done all those things already. The thing is that it was working previously, and now it's not.
Besides that one game not being recognized by 3DFM, now the 3DFM install itself is aborting. I had to download a new version.
This never happened to me before.
I hope it's not a sign of drive failure. Or a Windows update somehow stuck mid-instal.
I'll try to do DDU again, and fully reinstal the game itself, as a last try.
Bad luck, was really enjoying the game with Losti's performance fix.
I welcome any other ideas. Even if someone can confirm the fix still works. Don't think the game itself got updated, but you never know. Hating Win 10 so much!
I am currently playing the game, its fine. So its a problem of your setup.

Can you tell me all the details and whats the problem in detail?

Have you tried to use ALT+ENTER and ALT+ENTER agin?

What are your system specs, game settings?

Any changes from the past to now you have made since it was working ?

Do you have installed the fix manually not using 3DFM ?

Game is set to full screen?

Make sure: FIRST set up all you settings in the game menu, than exit and write protect
attributes.xml in "X:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\kingdomcome\profiles\default"

Any MODS installed?

Using latest version of the game?

Zappologist
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zappologist »

Thank you all again for trying to help, sorry for the delay in replying.

I've finally managed to fix the issue so I'm now back to normal.
The annoying part is that I still don't know what the issue was, because I got so frustrated with my inability to solve it that after a few attempts I stopped proceeding scientifically about it.

In case you are curious, here is a short description of the incident, in case it might help anyone with a similar problem:

- Game and fix installed perfectly. I had only two harmless mods, latest game version + DLCs, installed properly with 3DFM, followed all steps carefully, like deleting profile, making some setup files read only, setting the enhanced .exes to administrator, etc
- The game was playing fine up until about 28 Dec, when something strange started to happen without me doing anything differently about the game: the game was no longer displaying in full screen, unless I set the resolution to my TVs native – 3840/2160. 3D was still turning on at this point.
- I tried DDU and doing all the game + fix installation steps again, but from this moment on the 3D did not want to trigger anymore. None of my other games had this issue.

At this point I started to suspect something due to interaction between Windows 10 and Crytech engine. I started to panic and tried to solve it no matter what, but no luck for a few days.
Then I looked at the Windows update history and I saw an update had happened on 28 Dec – KB4530717. So I did the following steps (in bold, things I’ve done differently from the first troubleshooting attempts):

1. DDU, this time using an older version of DDU which had the clear option to restart in safe mode before doing its thing.
2. Reinstalled the 425.31 driver, this time paying attention to not install the Geforce Experience part (you cannot tick it off like in the past, during custom setup, now there’s a radio button before starting driver install where you have to select to install without the Experience part)
3. Uninstalling the KB4530717 Windows update.
4. Totally uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

As I’ve said, due to my frustration I did not document all this properly so I’m not sure what exactly solved the issue. But I would be surprised if it was not linked to the Windows update, the coincidence of the 28 Dec date is just too big to ignore.

I will stop the analysis into CM performance, as CM does not trigger for me, and I really want to avoid any other issues. The game is amazing and I just want to enjoy playing it for now.

Thank you again for your performance fix, Losti. It’s the only way for me to play, otherwise the performance is bad.

Later on I will post a write up about my thoughts on the game, the fix, and pointers for performance, as I’ve done with other games recently. I will post it here as a reply, but also on Helixblog following Losti’s reply there.

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Interesting :-)

Thank you for your detailed feedback!

KCD is one of the games that workds verry well sith SLI! Unplayable without SLI on a GTX 1070, but likely on GTX 1070 SLI (2).

As for the fact that i am currently play the game i may update some details later that i can find :-)

FIRST ONE IS: You should enable shader cache. Open the 3 ini files (d3dx_NP.ini / d3dx_PP.ini / d3dx_PP_NAB.ini) and search for cache_shaders=0 and replace with cache_shaders=1

BTW, this are my settings. Game looks cool and is smooth. Everything is high or higher:

<Attr name="LodRatio" value="18" />
<Attr name="MergedMeshesRatio" value="66" />
<Attr name="ViewDistRatio" value="89" />

<Attr name="sys_spec_GameEffects" value="4" />
<Attr name="sys_spec_ObjectDetail" value="4" />
<Attr name="sys_spec_Particles" value="3" />
<Attr name="sys_spec_Physics" value="3" />
<Attr name="sys_spec_PostProcessing" value="4" />
<Attr name="sys_spec_Shading" value="4" />
<Attr name="sys_spec_Shadows" value="3" />
<Attr name="sys_spec_Texture" value="7" />
<Attr name="sys_spec_Vegetation" value="3" />
<Attr name="sys_spec_VolumetricEffects" value="3" />
<Attr name="sys_spec_Water" value="4" />
<Attr name="sys_spec_light" value="4" />

You can compare and or just try if you want (C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\kingdomcome\profiles\default)

If you dont like the BIG crosshair dot, there is a cool old mod thats still working porting it to the current mod format. I have atached the files

BTW: Using performance boost with F1 (or automatic toggled with fight key) you may have many textures disabled the first time. So just press it after gamestart and press it again. Than it should be cool. Reset this with F2 and just play.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

YEAHH fixed the damn near light problem as it seems :-)

I will have a further play through untip i post an update. I also have optimized the HUD in fights.

b4thman
Cross Eyed!

Post by b4thman »

I suggest making fixes as simple as possible, and instructions as clear as possible. BTW, impressed about the good work people are doing with the fixes.

I have spoken (I think this is because I have just watched an episode of The Mandalorian).

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Fixed beard halo and the near shadows for the face of a char in dialogs :-)
Nearly fixed the wrong lights in dialoges and near objects :-)

YEAHH !!

....to be continued....

Shift-E
Cross Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Post by Shift-E »

First of all, glad to see you are finding the time to enjoy one of your own fixes and play Kingdom Come :D . I really liked this game, but put it on pause until I built my new 3D PC...of course I have had the new pc for a year but still haven't returned to it. So nice to see there will be an updated fix for the current version of the game to test out when I pick up where I left off, this game was always so immersive in 3D with your hard work and fix!

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

The new version is online:

Latest Update: V4.00
- near character shadows fixed
- near character light issues fixed
- optimized HUD for fights
- beard transparency/halo fixed for near characters
- hair transparency/halo fixed for near characters
- fixed some AO beeing slightly out of depth
- fixed missing depth buffer for some graphic options, AutoDepthCrosshair should now work for every setting
- fixed inventory depth to be cool!
- added shader cache for less input legs after caching shaders
- updated to migoto 1.3.16
- more performance in non auto boosted mode
- remaining flickering of AO fixed missed to add for game version 1.9

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2018/03/k ... ision.html

b4thman
Cross Eyed!

Post by b4thman »

I have just installed v4.00 and have a question. I can not change vsync behavior of "kingdomcome-3dmigoto" profile, it is always vsync ON. I have noticed in many games that using vsyn in Adaptive offers me better smooth with the same fps. I don't know if there is any special reason to force vsync ON in this game. Maybe I can change it, but I don't know how.

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

b4thman wrote:I have just installed v4.00 and have a question. I can not change vsync behavior of "kingdomcome-3dmigoto" profile, it is always vsync ON. I have noticed in many games that using vsyn in Adaptive offers me better smooth with the same fps. I don't know if there is any special reason to force vsync ON in this game. Maybe I can change it, but I don't know how.
Yeah because its written by the d3dx configs. If you want to tur it off:

open:
- d3dx_NP.ini
- d3dx_PP.ini
- d3dx_PP_NAB.ini

Seach in each file:
- 0x00a879cf = 0x47814940

Change it to:
0x00a879cf = 0x08416747

or to this for fast sync:
0x00a879cf = 0x18888888

b4thman
Cross Eyed!

Post by b4thman »

Thanks again. I also had to change d3dx.ini

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

b4thman wrote:Thanks again. I also had to change d3dx.ini
No, its replaced by one of the 3 files if you start the game with the cmd script. (that you should do!!)

And dont forget: if you update your GPU driver, you need to remove the KCD profile from it :-)

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Fix is updated to Version 4.01 @ the blog ... I was not satisfied with some things while playing .-)

Latest Update: V4.01 - 12.01.2020
- skipping lights for the beard make its appereance sutible in any FOV
- skipping in eye shadows makes eyes more suitible
- fixed water be not in depth while enter it
- added water fix for water lower than VERY HIGH, but it is a bit incorrect if you enter the water, so I still suggest VERY high or ultra for water!

bo3bber

Post by bo3bber »

Losti wrote:Fix is updated to Version 4.01 @ the blog ... I was not satisfied with some things while playing .-)

Latest Update: V4.01 - 12.01.2020
- skipping lights for the beard make its appereance sutible in any FOV
- skipping in eye shadows makes eyes more suitible
- fixed water be not in depth while enter it
- added water fix for water lower than VERY HIGH, but it is a bit incorrect if you enter the water, so I still suggest VERY high or ultra for water!
Someone asked on the blog- File is missing. Upload failed somehow. Please reupload latest.

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Yeah, seen this. Will do it this evening.

Sorry, sometimes i am a very confused man :-)

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

File is uploaded :-)

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

I have fixed a remaining problem verry good, even if this is approximate. Wrong Volumetric fog in the distance that was dependend on the angel of the screen in X-direction.

I am sure that many of you wasnt noticed this but i CANT PLAY with remaining effects and until to fix this until i gave up ^^

I need to fix this for the resolution you choose. Its currently restricted to FULL-HD but i will make this universal and not resolution dependend :-)

YEAH....

need some time for this one.

bo3bber

Post by bo3bber »

Good deal, thanks for the update and reupload. Looks terrific, and is running in HelixVision now. Not sure what changed, but I get full 3D instead of the 2D we saw before.

I also updated your S3 bucket to have a file history now, so if you misplace or delete something, we can get it back easily.

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Ill release my update soon, id like to play some more, this issue is minor, but ITS A CURSE, i cant play until the last effect is cool if i can make it ^^

Volumetric Fog PS fixed for all resolutons now.

Attached some pictures without volumetric lights CS shader enabled to show the difference because with vol fog shader it barely noticable....but this bothers me ^^

Rename to JPS after download :-)

bo3bber

Post by bo3bber »

@Losti: It looks like you are installing Reshade also, as part of the HelixMod fix?

That's OK if you need it for the fix, but I would discourage adding that, because not everyone wants to have Reshade effects, and for me personally I don't like the added complexity of yet another tool injected in the chain. Best to give people the option I think, instead of making it default. If you really think it's valuable, maybe make a second 7z that does not have it, so people can choose.

At a very minimum- I need you to update the Uninstall.bat so that it properly deletes *everything* that we install.

The point of having the uninstall.bat is to cleanly fix the game back to a working state, and if we leave around stuff, we can't be sure won't break their installation. Right now it leaves behind all the reshade stuff, and that's not cool.

Please keep in mind that a lot of our users are not super technical, and it's best if provide simple fix/unfix options for them.

Edit: Looks like the Reshade is part of the performance tuning setup. Would it make sense to make that a secondary optional download for people? i.e. if it's not tied directly to the 3D, and is strictly for performance, it would be better as an optional download on the blog page.

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

bo3bber wrote:@Losti: It looks like you are installing Reshade also, as part of the HelixMod fix?

That's OK if you need it for the fix, but I would discourage adding that, because not everyone wants to have Reshade effects, and for me personally I don't like the added complexity of yet another tool injected in the chain. Best to give people the option I think, instead of making it default. If you really think it's valuable, maybe make a second 7z that does not have it, so people can choose.

At a very minimum- I need you to update the Uninstall.bat so that it properly deletes *everything* that we install.

The point of having the uninstall.bat is to cleanly fix the game back to a working state, and if we leave around stuff, we can't be sure won't break their installation. Right now it leaves behind all the reshade stuff, and that's not cool.

Please keep in mind that a lot of our users are not super technical, and it's best if provide simple fix/unfix options for them.

Edit: Looks like the Reshade is part of the performance tuning setup. Would it make sense to make that a secondary optional download for people? i.e. if it's not tied directly to the 3D, and is strictly for performance, it would be better as an optional download on the blog page.
The usage of ReShade is users choice, this game CANNOT be run without the CMD and choosing prefs!!!! --- If you want to have suitible FPS!
If you just run the Fix as it is installed, you loose arround 50% of FPS. The removement of the original profile is a must have!!! The fix will install a suitibble profile for FPS! Starting the fix without the CMD script i have provided will launch the game without ReShade btw. (via exe directly). But you will loose many FPS here !!! Not Playable for me @ I9-9900-K + 38% OC 2xSLI 1070 GTS....

The next version will give you the basic game without any improvements in FPS, if you directely run it via KingdomCome.exe, but DO NOT COMPLAIN about FPS :-)

Starting options with CMD script:

░░░░░
░ 1 ░ 3D-Vision Performance Mode++++ (up to 10 % FPS, boost options enables up to 50 % FPS on demand, no Reshade, you can use your own)
░░░░░ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
USING AUTOHOTKEY EXE SCRIPT, user.cfg based visual changes

- overwrites your user.cfg, add your settings if you need to \KingdomComeDeliverance\user_3.0p.cfg
- starts a little script (AutoHotkey) for BOOST-Mode options ==> trust me its clean or leave this option!!!!!
- Boost option via F1 (Object LOD = min), F3 (another boost but flickering), F2 (undo boost)
- using SSAO from the game, more performance but more ugly than MXOA from reshade (option 2)
- if you have used option 2 before, please reinstall your ReShade/SweetFX if you want it back
- Boost options can be bound to Fight-Keys / reset via Standard Gaming Depth Key
- key change hints will appear in the next step if you cintinue here
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
░░░░░
░ 2 ░ 3D-Vision Performance Mode+++ (up to 5 % FPS, boost options enables up to 50 % FPS on demand, MXOA from Reshade)
░░░░░ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
USING AUTOHOTKEY EXE SCRIPT and ReShadeFX, user.cfg based visual changes

- overwrites your user.cfg, add your settings if you need to \KingdomComeDeliverance\user_3.0p.cfg
- THIS will kill your Reshade or SweetFX if you are using it ONCE!!!
==> Re-install it if you dont like this one after usage (and choose another option 1 instead, after reinstall your ReShade/SFX)
- starts a little script (AutoHotkey) for BOOST-Mode options ==> trust me its clean or leave this option!!!!!
- Boost option via F1 (Object LOD = min), F3 (another boost but flickering), F2 (undo boost, except SSOA if F4 was used), F4 toggles disable SSAO (+5 % FPS but ugly)
- using Reshade MXAO looking much metter than the original SSOA without much performance impact (0-5 %)
- Boost options can be bound to Fight-Keys / reset via Standard Gaming Depth Key
- key change hints will appear in the next step if you cintinue here
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
░░░░░
░ 3 ░ 3D-Vision Performance Mode++ (up to 10 % FPS, boost option enables up to 30 % FPS but texture flickerung)
░░░░░ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no tools used for this, but user.cfg based visual changes

- overwrites your user.cfg, add your settings if you need to \KingdomComeDeliverance\user_3.0np.cfg
- does not start AutoHotkey EXE files / not using ReShade you can use your own
- using SSAO from the game, more performance but more ugly than MXOA from reshade (option 2)
- Boost option via F3 (boost but flickering), F2 (undo boost)
- Boost option not bound to the Fight-Keys / no reset of boost via Standard Gaming Depth Key, press F3 for boost/unboost on demand
- make your key changs in \KingdomComeDeliverance\d3dx_NP.ini
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
░░░░░
░ 4 ░ 3D-Vision Performance Mode+ (up to 5 % FPS, boost option enables up to 30 % FPS but texture flickerung)
░░░░░ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no tools used for this, no visual changes in user.cfg

- use only needed settings in user.cfg for the fix to work, no visual changes, add your settings if you need to \KingdomComeDeliverance\user_default.cfg
- does not start AutoHotkey EXE files / not using ReShade you can use your own
- Boost option via F3 (boost but flickering), F2 (undo boost)
- Boost option not bound to the Fight-Keys / no reset of boost via Standard Gaming Depth Key, press F3 for boost/unboost
- make your key changs in \KingdomComeDeliverance\d3dx_NP.ini
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> Please make a choice: press 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 [1,2,3,4]?

bo3bber

Post by bo3bber »

OK, good to know. Sounds like I need to update the 3DFM/HelixVision profile to handle this better. Right now it just launches the exe.

The reason I'm concerned here is because I've got a user that is claiming that HelixVision trashed his system after running this fix.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1127310/ ... 265709318/

I don't think that is possible, except that I don't understand what Reshade is doing here, and whether it could potentially introduce something like this. I know for sure that HelixVision itself is not capable of causing those sorts of errors.

(I think the most likely answer is his system was already damaged and he just didn't notice until trying this. )

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

bo3bber wrote:OK, good to know. Sounds like I need to update the 3DFM/HelixVision profile to handle this better. Right now it just launches the exe.

The reason I'm concerned here is because I've got a user that is claiming that HelixVision trashed his system after running this fix.

I don't think that is possible, except that I don't understand what Reshade is doing here, and whether it could potentially introduce something like this. I know for sure that HelixVision itself is not capable of causing those sorts of errors.

(I think the most likely answer is his system was already damaged and he just didn't notice until trying this. )
I can make a clean startup for KCD with the exe file if you want/prefere without any modifications. Given, the performance is worst, but the major thing is the original profile that have to be deleted!!!! And than apply the profile i deliver. But i can privide a version without any modification on the things for helix vision, even if the user will loose FPS.

Using unmodified KCD profile in comparison with my delivered one will costs arround 50 % FPS !!!

bo3bber

Post by bo3bber »

Losti wrote:
bo3bber wrote:OK, good to know. Sounds like I need to update the 3DFM/HelixVision profile to handle this better. Right now it just launches the exe.

I can make a clean startup for KCD with the exe file if you want/prefere without any modifications. Given, the performance is worst, but the major thing is the original profile that have to be deleted!!!! And than apply the profile i deliver. But i can privide a version without any modification on the things for helix vision, even if the user will loose FPS.

Using unmodified KCD profile in comparison with my delivered one will costs arround 50 % FPS !!!
Good question. As a general rule, we don't mind changing game profiles to force 3D and add flags. And it's worth noting that we don't restore that upon uninstall.bat. We've not had any negative comments regarding changed profiles I think.

I guess like usual the best answer is to give them options and let them decide. I can setup the 3DFM profile to offer both, with info on what happens, and then they can decide. I'll make it clear that it hammers the performance by 50%.

Please make a second version that is the bad performance, no Reshade, just 3D fix.

Thanks for your help.

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

If the game is started just via the exe, there are no changes. Ill make this as a separate download, that will also NOT make any changes to the user.cfg.

As there is a new GPU driver, ill make this later and give you a result for the FPS, using the profile from the driver with additions by the fix and than deleting the original profile and only use the migoto shipped one.

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

bo3bber wrote:
Losti wrote:

Good question. As a general rule, we don't mind changing game profiles to force 3D and add flags. And it's worth noting that we don't restore that upon uninstall.bat. We've not had any negative comments regarding changed profiles I think.

I guess like usual the best answer is to give them options and let them decide. I can setup the 3DFM profile to offer both, with info on what happens, and then they can decide. I'll make it clear that it hammers the performance by 50%.

Please make a second version that is the bad performance, no Reshade, just 3D fix.

Thanks for your help.
OK here are the facts:
I have used DDU and clean installed 425.31 and then I used my new KCD Fix Version 4.03 (JUST released !!). No config changes and only StereoFlags and StereoTextures changed in the original driver profile.
- The result was a completely broken game, white texture overlay and so on.
Then I used the same version but with the extense profile changes coming by default for the fix without any user.cfg changes.
- The result was a working fix, but the FPS in the main screen is at around 25-28 FPS
Than I deleted the original (and changed) profile from the driver and started KCD again. The complete profile is applied by migoto, but without a setting or settings killing FPS. I can’t remember which setting it was, otherwise we can use the migoto profile to apply a zero value here. So, for now we HAVE to delete the original profile and than let migoto do the rest, because:
- The result was 60 PFS (capped at this, so may be more!!!)

I have released V4.03 and cleand this up, so if you uninstall the old version and using 4.03 no changes are made the the user.cfg and no reshade is active!

To ensure the user will get the default user.cfg, please install the version as used for the others to the main directory of the game (e.g.: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance) and not to D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance\Bin\Win64

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2018/03/k ... ision.html

Skawen
Cross Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by Skawen »

Hello!

Is there a way to install profile separate from fix, because I have game in Epic Game Store & there when I launch always is profile failure, I thought if I add it with profile manager maybe then it will launch OK.

Edit: Maybe someone can export his KCD profile & past it here.

Losti
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Losti »

Skawen wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:28 pm Hello!

Is there a way to install profile separate from fix, because I have game in Epic Game Store & there when I launch always is profile failure, I thought if I add it with profile manager maybe then it will launch OK.

Edit: Maybe someone can export his KCD profile & past it here.
There is a problem with a value in the profile that i apply to the driver since some update from KCD or and the driver itselfe. I have fixed this and will update the fix soon.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”