Nvidia 3D Vision Clone?

Ardov
One Eyed Hopeful

Nvidia 3D Vision Clone?

Post by Ardov »

Well, i came across a strange listing on Ebay. 3D Adventurer glasses full compatible with Nvidia 3D Vision glasses? What is that?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3D-ADVENTURE-Full ... 414ec93f64" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Nvidia 3D Vision Clone?

Post by BlackShark »

Never heard about it.
Chinese copy ?

I don't think nvidia would authorise different hardware from their drivers so I assume they reverse engineered the nvidia USB connection and make the PC believe an Nvidia emitter is connected.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Haha awesome!! :lol: I knew it was only a matter of time until the heroic kiddy laborours free us form the tyranny of the capitalists monopolies!! :lol:

Hopefully this will spur some brands to reduce their profits down to 3000% intead of 100000000% to compete.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
quadrophoeniX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by quadrophoeniX »

Well, woulkd be tempting to find out whether they just copycat'd or improved on the design.

If they just coied it, all they did was to emulate the USB emitter. Legal aspects aside, what would be the benefit of that product then? Yeah lower price maybe, but ugly emitter, doubtful make and quality...

If they got their thing right, however, they would feature galss sync down to 60Hz and a USB independant sync override over VESA input (and they ought to have VESA input since they claim compatibility with checkerboard TVs)

Secondly if they had domne it completely right, what they haven't, they had incorporated dials for sync delay and duty cicle (on time of the glasses) to adress the ghosting issues.

Well, as said they haven't and it remains to be seen, how nvidia's reaction is on their take....

I wish someone took the same energy involved into this product and made a betteruniversal driver.....
Ardov
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardov »

Upon reviewing the listing, you can see for yourselves that there is no technical info as to what this dongle does. To be honest, i think it does what the E-Dimensional dongles do. No reverse engineering, no driver tweaks, no compatibility. Maybe they managed somehow to reverse engineer the sync signal that the IR transmitter sends so that the dongle can be compatible with other NVIDIA 3D Vision Glasses. The question is, is this dongle USB or it connects to VGA or DVI and syncs to the vsync as all previous generation dongles do?

BUT WOW!!!

TAKE A LOOK ON THAT (IT SAYS IT HAS BUTTONS FOR DEPTH ADJUSTMENT?????) :

http://www.ec21.com/product-details/3D- ... 28696.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THAT

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=4770628287" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AND THAT

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=4904202381" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ardov
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardov »

Also keep in mind that Viewsonic, Optoma and maybe even Sony and Samsung buy the LC panels on the shutterglasses from 3rd party manufacturers. Perhaps those manufacturers somehow try to join forces and sneak inside the 3D market with some ways. I don't believe it is a complete 100% compatible and working alternative. Someone has to get that and put it on the testing table? Who is going to be the guinea pig (and first to spend those 60 GB pounds? :mrgreen: ) ?

Apart from the joke,all this seems very very strange. I can't find more technical info about these glasses except that their appearance and liquid crystal panels are the same as nvidia's, at least that's how it seems. LC panels are not like the lens of eyeglasses, they have specifications and their design, size, shape etc. is specially constructed to fit the purpose.

For example. Ilixco /I-O Display Systems manufactures the LC panels of E-dimensional, X3D, H3D, Elsa, TDV3D, 3D World, C3D, Razor 3D glasses. All of these 3D glasses use the same LC panels which by the way are far superior to even the newest Samsung 3D glasses in terms of ghosting. This has been tested by me and guess what, the I-O Display Systems glasses are superior than Nvidia's in terms of ghosting too. To stay in topic, my point is, you just can't order your personal taste's design and shape for an LC panel. And now the questions that arise are:

- Are NVIDIA's and 3D adventurer's LC panels the same? (from same manufacturer???)

- If not, then which glasses incorporate the best quality LC panels? (that question is for all 3D glasses out there, including Viewsonic's, Optoma's, Sony's, Samsung's and Xpand's)

I guess it's too early for a complete shootout of all the aforementioned glasses. One thing is for sure, that, consumers will pay for the experimentation again... :mrgreen:
Okta

Post by Okta »

All the adds say it requires Vista and Nvidia 8800 plus so its a given it must use the new Nvidia 3d drivers. Only being one single add on ebay is a bit strange, i would expect them to flood on soon and at about half that initial price. If i had the setup i would buy these to check them out for sure, they are still half the nvidia price.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well clearly they must have reversed engineered the dongle or even bought the actual spec from a shady supplier. I doubt Nvidia can block it because to the computer it likely appears to be the real deal. In fact, the glasses look almost exactly like the Nvidia's. I wouldn't be surprised if they were practically the same (or maybe slightly less quality). I don't have a compatible display, but I almost feel like buying one just to stick it to the man!
BrainGrenade
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BrainGrenade »

Okta wrote:Haha awesome!! :lol: I knew it was only a matter of time until the heroic kiddy laborours free us form the tyranny of the capitalists monopolies!! :lol:

Hopefully this will spur some brands to reduce their profits down to 3000% intead of 100000000% to compete.
Or they'll jack prices up to compensate for the stupid amount they pay there lawyers to sue people who do stuff like this... haha
Ardov
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardov »

You can see that it's not only an ad on eBay. Take a look at the links i provided above. It seems this product originates from Hong Kong and apparently those guys are serious to get a significant market share. As for the dongle, i still don't think it's a reverse engineer product. There are no technical information about the available connections (USB or passthrough?) and generally no technical info. As for the glasses, i believe they are the same, or at least they use the same LC panels.
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

Interesting, the glasses look exactly like 3D Vision, but still they carefully avoid anything to state the 3D Vision compatibility on the product page.

Unless there is explicit confirmation that these glasses work in Nvidia 3D Vision mode with Nvidia 3D Vision drivers (which would be illegal since that would probably breach Nvidia patents and trade marks), I'd be carefull to not assume anything based just on the eBay advertisement.
quadrophoeniX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by quadrophoeniX »

It MUST be some sort of reverse engineering if they want to use nvidia's driver as suggested by word and screenshots on the bay. After all, 3D vision driver will just enable generic CRT, DLP and 129Hzsupport when the USB emitter is recognized (and loaded with nvidias USB drivers) in the device manager.

So for the USB part it's 100% mocking up the real deal. The IR sync is another thing but I would suggest if they reverse engineer the tricky part they do the rest as well, they prolly just hacked the Atmel inside there or got hands on the source code. Everything else points into the direction it is an exact copy of the thing. I can decypher the following at the back of the transmitter:
3D Synch (?) button (nvidias logo button)
PC USB
3D TV (aka VESA) mini jack
2 more buttons 3d depth +/- (same functionality as the separation wheel on the existing emitter
So nothing exiting here - just what we have on the pyramid

Now in between - and that's a new - a socket for wired 3D glasses. Either thats a simple loop through or could it be we'rer looking at a preliminary slipped Mark II of the real deal here? Remains to be seen, but still nothing to dream wet about.

I am quite sure nvidia has some patent claims in Europe and US it will make use of, so I am positive bulk shipment from China would never make it through the customs .... wait ... ebay says it's shipping from England???

Concerning the glasses: do not underrate the chinese skill in duping a mold (and the arms do look a lillte bulkier to me)... Eh, and it's Taiwanese... anyway...

Bottom line? Down with the prices, nvidia!
Last edited by quadrophoeniX on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Okta

Post by Okta »

The great part is that Nvidia cant do crap as far as sueing a chinese compay.
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

Nvidia can forbid the sale of these glasses in any territory where they hold relevant patents, which most certainly includes at least USA and EU. This would be quite tough if they didn't actually copy the IR protocol though, since all they need to do is emulate the USB protocols and Hardware IDs.
quadrophoeniX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by quadrophoeniX »

I don't see this being tough... providing a hijacked vendor and product ID is certainly one of the most obvious breaches of IP. Even with no patent involved this could be regarded illegal...
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

Well, that's only breaching the rules of a trade consortium which assigns Vendor IDs. As far as I know, these numbers can not be trademarked.
quadrophoeniX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by quadrophoeniX »

So, did anyone here get it?
Okta

Post by Okta »

Hes relisted another set. I am only suprised this is the only seller and at such a low volume.
mobies
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mobies »

I sent him an ebay message

Dear qishehu,
"
HI
Do you have any links to reviews or independent
proof that these are compatible with Nvidia 3d
vision?
"

his reply
"
It's newly developed product so no reviews or proof. The only difference between 3D adventure and Nvidia 3D is 3D adventure uses USB cable to connect 3D glasses and emitter but Nvidia uses wireless. The wired USB cable may support more than one pair 3D glass in the future so family may sit together to watch the 3D movies. If you've found any Nvidia supported software but not supported by 3D advanture, I can do accept return and refund within 7 working days. Thanks.
"

So it appears this a usb wired solution?
It doesnt look like that from the photos.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Here is a translated mini review- http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... h-CN&tl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like is does need a cable for the glasses but also has tv sync plug.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

It is worth mentioning that the 3D stereo glasses explorer which is fully compatible with NVIDIA 3D drivers, users install the drive without worrying about complicated issues.
So yeah, they are spoofing the Nvidia emitter.
maxthreat
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maxthreat »

So did anyone ever get their hands on these. Did they actually work as said? bueller.... bueller.....
Gigabyte P45-UD3R / GO Q6600 3.6Ghz H2o
Corsair 4Gb Dominator 1066 / EvgaGTX280 / TrackIR
X-Fi FPS/5.1 Logitech Z-5500 and a Buttkicker.
Nick3DvB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Nick3DvB »

Sorry to bump an old thread and then go off-topic but... I just found that it is possible to share the 3Dvision emitter over the internet! I used this: http://www.usb-over-network.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; My friend has DLP projector and DLPlink glasses, he has a geforce but no 3Dvision kit, I let him connect to my emitter to start a game / film and then disconnect so I can use the device (you can not both be connected at the same time). Maybe he could use a network logger of some kind to spoof the inital connection locally, it would be easier than trying to emulate the emitter itself with some sort of hacked driver? Might be a useful solution for DLPlink users that just need to activate the 3Dmode. Just an idea...

8-)
ViruzZ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ViruzZ »

123$ with free shipping, i think its a bit expensive for fakes

http://www4.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.37538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Okta

Post by Okta »

Would be worth a look if they were wireless but being wired is ridiculous.
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

Nick3DvB wrote:...emulate the emitter itself with some sort of hacked driver? Might be a useful solution for DLPlink users that just need to activate the 3Dmode.
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... ge%3Dclone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Job done!

:D
Last edited by Nick3DvB on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

That's great news ! At least a solution for playing 3D games on a DLP projector without having to buy the expensive 3D Vision kit.
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

Nvidia could have let people legitimately pay for 120Hz quad-buffer output, without forcing them to buy hardware they don't need, just by adding the generic CRT/DLP output to their 3DTVplay software product. They shouldn't be surprised that users have taken matters into their own hands, with unintended consequences (or at least unavoidable consequences). This crack was designed to enable 3D for DLP TV and projector owners without a 3Dvision kit, but HDMI 1.4 3DTV owners might want to take a good look at it to...

;)
Last edited by Nick3DvB on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Cool. So if you have a 120hz projector or dlp tv with dlp link glasses you just run this app as a substitute 3d vision dongle. Nice. NO XP support though :( Any other other setups it could work with?
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

As a side-effect it also enables 3DTVplay for HDMI 1.4 3DTV owners, and it might be helpful to CRT owners with any old glasses.

Nvidia could have doubled sales of 3DTVplay by including DLP owners, now nobody needs to buy it... :lol:
VanBurenPhilips
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VanBurenPhilips »

Trying the emulator now, it doesn't work for me. At the point where it says "Should see a new device, and it should pick up the official driver for the NVidia Stereoscopic 3D USB ​​controller" I get a device called "Nvidia stereo controller" and no drivers are found. Having a look at the forums it came from, but in google translate I'm not getting much.
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-3d ... river.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just install the nvidia drivers as normal. If you ran DSF-KitSetup.msi it will pick the correct version of DSF for your system, but you must run the correct init.bat (x86 or x64), then just add a shortcut to enablestereo.bat to the windows startup.
VanBurenPhilips
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VanBurenPhilips »

:D :D :D

Yes, that did it! Thanks for the driver link, that's what I needed.

PC is hooked up to the TV; Nvidia 3DTV Play logo now appears in Nvidia control panel. It goes away when you "unplug" the emitter. It's been a bit fiddly - so far I've only had success by running the command from a command prompt, and if I end the emu it won't start again until next reboot (in all other cases, the emu window runs and closes immediately, and the emulated device does not appear). But anyway, yeah I think I can get it to run consistently now, and I've been able to run a game a couple of times with 3D working perfectly.

Thanks to the emu author if you ever read this! :mrgreen: And thanks Nick for pointing me in the direction of the driver. I didn't realise it was separate to the Nvidia graphics drivers (I guess you get it with the 3D Vision hardware kit?)

Anyway... happy :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

VanBurenPhilips wrote:...so far I've only had success by running the command from a command prompt
That sounds like a User Account Control problem, maybe configuring it to run as Admin in the shortcut properties would fix it, or maybe just disable UAC.

Glad it did the trick for you! :D
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

can you post the file here or somewhere we can access it please. I can't seem to download it from that russian site.

Ok nvm had to visit his russian site to get it.

This sure will help so many people.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

Files Attatched! & also here: http://hotfile.com/dl/111389928/3d22e5e ... r.zip.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The great thing about this "hack" is that NO Nvidia files are modified in any way,

Microsoft wrote 99% of it, our Russian friend just made a small patch to SoftHidReceiver.dll - genius! :ugeek:

I still scanned everything and it's 100% clean & very stable on my system:

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/rep ... 1300919211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nick3DvB on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
lish
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lish »

That's a good news for TI :lol:
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

works for me.
I had to launch enable streo with administrator rights.
bgnome
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by bgnome »

if you want it to start automatically with windows, drop a shortcut in your startup folder, (you can set it to run as administrator if you neeed to). You can edit the .bat file and change "start cscript enablestereo.wsf" to "start /min cscript enablestereo.wsf" to have it run in a minimized window.
gixer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gixer »

hi all have got the 3d vision drivers working with the games but when i install the 3dtv play 14 day trial with the emulator running it says it can't find a 3d display.does 3dtv play not output in checkerboard
thanks gixer
asus m4n75td-sli mobo.amd phenom 11 x4 955 black edition @3.2ghz.4 gig 1333 mhz ram.zotac gtx 560 ti and gts 450 dedicated physx.samsung 500gb hard drive.samsung 8x blu-ray and coolermaster bronze 80 650w powersupply with 52 amps on the 12v rail

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”