Dgephri... strange one... :D

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Dgephri... strange one... :D

Post by sharky »

Hi! just to keep the other thread clean and don't go in off topic i opened this one..

it sdedicated to Dgephri.... so actually you seem a bit "different" to me.. dunno.. like a particular guy.. (meant the good way, don'T misunderstand me)

if it is not a problem for oyu i would like to know some mor things about you, what you do for living, and similar, and some infors about your pc, and the lan partys.. :)

just if it is not a problem for you.. :)

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Dgephri
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dgephri »

sure thing, I get that a lot... ;)

I'm a Modder. Shorthand for PC Modification.

For any not familiar with the practice, think of HotRodding for PCs.

Some are after extreme performance, others after crazy exterior appearance and Theme based construction.

I happen to occupy both camps in different ways.

Some examples:
my Zen-Feng Shui Themed case

my Loch Ness mod, with an internal Webcam for Nessie.

BloodMoon, capturing an eclipse in a PC.

my latest: HTPCylon a Battlestar Galactica themed case for my Home Theater.

Watercooling, BluRay, quad cores, custom painting accessories, LEDs, USB crimping, I do lots of stuff. :)
sharky

Post by sharky »

WOW! it is amazing! is it for fun or is it your job? how much do you spend usually ona fully modded pc?

i am going to buy my new one, next week, and it costs 1500 euro.. without graphic card.

Dgephri
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dgephri »

hobby...my work is Finance and Real Estate, investment and property management here on the West Bank of the USA>

Hardware costs? When I used to buy everything myself: $2000-4000US depending on electronics to finish off the lighting.

Now? I managed to get a fair bit of hardware from various companies that like my work and know I get interest at the LANs. One of them is planning to do some further promotion of the project but I can't release any more on that topic. I might have only spent $1200US plus supplies like Dremel wheels, the Plating process, and a couple parts of the hardware.

One of the cases I cut apart was $400US out of my pocket, but it turned out beautifully and I didn't make any major Dremel mistakes!

Over the past 4 years of Modding, I have made connections with some, friends with others, and then patiently cultivated some corporate connections.

Some designs I come up with have little to do with hardware specs, but I try to put Industry Bleeding hardware in anyway. Other designs start as a hardware goal (4TB for storage) and then the case Theme is secondary to fitting it all in the box.

My next project will be massive in size, and difficulty, with tasks varying from bouyancy calculations, to servo motor control, to thermal forming plastics.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I'd have to find the article, but Tomshardware.com likes to do freaky things with computers once in awhile. I read something last year where they had the whole computer running in non-conducting vegetable oil.

If I find it, I'll post the link here.

Regards,
Neil
Aeroflux
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Aeroflux »

:shock: Dgephri!

Were you using the HTPCylon with the IZ3D? I've been debating this monitor for some time, actually ditched it to put more powerful hardware in my build. I may just have to get this after all.

Never thought I'd see somebody from Danger Den. 8)
sharky

Post by sharky »

could you please post a image of the keyboard shown under th iz3d monitor? :D

Dgephri
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dgephri »

Danger Den, great guys, I know them from the LANs. :)

Yah, HTPCylon is my gaming/theater rig. MXAir mouse, Edge keyboard, 8800Ultra, BluRay drive, and massive storage.

keyboard: Logitech Edge
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keybo ... 2&cl=us,en

Downside: no Num pad...
Upside: weeks and weeks of battery life, built in touch pad, integrated scrolling (like a laptop) and very thin.

I spent 4 days LANing with no recharge, still hasn't been back on the cradle.

I need to learn how to screencap stereo and all that, and get a couple more games working (WIC isn't behaving, but I haven't been able to dig into the issue yet).

Return to “General Discussion”