how to 3d-pageflip with geforce go7600?

edddie
One Eyed Hopeful

how to 3d-pageflip with geforce go7600?

Post by edddie »

hello guys,

can somebody help me getting my geforce go7600 in my amilo pi1556 laptop computer to work properly in 3d-pageflipping mode?

that's what I done till now:

I install modified drivers 94.24 and matching consumer stereo drivers, that works.

I switch the go7600 to single monitor only, that's an eizo fs77 crt-monitor.
works perfect, the eizo displays everything.

now when I turn on the 3d-pageflipping and use my shuterglasses, I get a very good stereo image on the crt-monitor, BUT there's some flicker now and then,
that means, the image looses it's 3d-effect for a very little time, what makes watching movies or images rather bad.

I do not use an exotic resolution, it's only 800x600@85Hz, that should work without flicker.

I've been watching 3d-movies for a long time on an old desk top system (PIV 2,53Hz, nvidia quadro980xgl graphics card),
so I'm wondering why the far more developed laptop computer produces flicker. I mean, it shouldn't, it is much more powerful than the old desk top machine.

please help me,
it's a sad thing having bought a laptop that doesn't work how it should.

greetings, edddie
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

i never had this kind of problem so my suggestions are to take with a big questionmark.. :D

could it be that you have a software, spyware, virus, or whatever using a lot of resources in certain moments?

when did you format last time?

how long doe s it usually work without giving errors?

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

edddie
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by edddie »

hi,

its a fresh system, no spy ware or so, nothing, just win xp sp2, directX 9c, nvidia drivers and software "stereoscopic player", "stereophotomaker" and "stereomovieplayer".
system useage when doing stereo-3d in pageflipping mode is never over 40%.

i've been doing this on my desktop computer for a long time with great success.

I just don't get it why the amilo won't do it.

sharky, what setup do you use for stereo-3d?
do you have experiences with pageflipping 3d using laptop computers?

thanks, edddie
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Re: how to 3d-pageflip with geforce go7600?

Post by Freke1 »

edddie wrote:now when I turn on the 3d-pageflipping and use my shuterglasses, I get a very good stereo image on the crt-monitor, BUT there's some flicker now and then,
that means, the image looses it's 3d-effect for a very little time, what makes watching movies or images rather bad.
I get that if my PC has been idle long or the screensaver has been running. Reboot helps there. But I also get it when watching videos in 3D (with shutterglasses) - don't know why though. Let me know if You find a solution :D
edddie
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by edddie »

hi freke,

thanks for the hint, but I'm NOT talking desktop PC,
I'm talking LAPTOP!

thats a complete different thing to run 3d-stereo on laptops than on desktop pcs, believe me.

I got a desktop pc 3d-system running for years now without any problems,
only my new LAPTOp is causing me troubles.

i believe laptops are not so common for using 3d-stereo, for I get hardly any info from users about that topic.

thanks, edddie

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”