Anyone interested ina Sony GDM-FW900 24" Widescreen CRT

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
ixnay
One Eyed Hopeful

Anyone interested ina Sony GDM-FW900 24" Widescreen CRT

Post by ixnay »

Thought this might be the best place to get some takers. Didn't see any "For Sale" forum, so OT it is :\

I've had a Sony GDM-FW900 for about 4 years now. I bought it brand new off Dell's website (when they were still being sold) and it's been the best damned monitor I've ever had. It still looks as good as the day I bought it and has never had any issues whatsoever (other than being over 100lbs and heavy).

The reason I need to get rid of it is.... <whistle> WAF. My girlfriend can't stand the thing and wants it to leave... I know, call me a pussy if you like, but I don't really do any 3D anymore so I'll be perfectly happy with a smaller LCD, I guess.

Anyhow, it comes with a BetterCables Silver Serpent VGA cable (which is why the picture looks so damned nice).

http://www.bettercables.net/1met328feetv.html (mine is a slightly older revision without the finger twistlock knobs)

I also have the manual et al and a 5 BNC break-out VGA for the off-chance that someone might want it (it looks crappy compared to the silver serpent).

If you're not familiar with the GDM-FW900, it's pretty much the biggest CRT monitor you could ever buy. It does really nice refresh rates and resolutions and has the crispest color I've ever seen. I believe the max res/ref is 2304x1440 resolution at 85Hz or 2408x1536 at 80hz. I currently run it at 1920x1200 at 85hz, but I believe it can go a bit higher than that (although I've never tried)

Here's a product link:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-GDM-FW900-Wi ... 51-1080654

And of course, I won't need my eDimensional wired 3D glasses anymore either <cry>

Sooo, would anyone here even be interested in such a beast? Since shipping is always a concern, it would be of course best to be picked up by someone somewhat local. I live around Portland, Oregon.

Hope this beautiful baby can find a home somewhere :(

I'd like to get $300 for the Monitor, Silver Serpent cable, and of course the glasses (if you even need them, ha!).

Thanks in advance guys!
Last edited by ixnay on Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Must be a ?ber leet girlfriend :D Nice monitor

Return to “General Discussion”