Nvidia Go 7950 GTX for Laptops and Nvidia Stereo Drivers

jagarridoan
One Eyed Hopeful

Nvidia Go 7950 GTX for Laptops and Nvidia Stereo Drivers

Post by jagarridoan »

Because there is no 8800 Stereo Driver ...
I'm thinking in buy a Laptop with the Nvidia Go 7950 GTX por laptops graphic card with the ED- Dimensional glasses.
Do you think I can use the stereo drivers (9.31..etc..) with these model of graphic card?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I'm no expert but the screen of laptops are probably lcd-types. In that case it'll probably not work. I have tested the E-D-drivers but cannot make them work with lcd's anyhow (Tried with lcd-beamers too).
I know that the E-D claims that the E-D driver works for lcd as well. However i couldn't manage it. (The result is flicker only with no experienced true-3D-effect)
Maybe some other have another experience?

Cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

Hi!

as far as i know laptops don't work for stereoscopy. well, they work but only for anaglyph.

shutterglasses have a little rig wich needs to be connected between the graphics card and the monitor.

i tried to connect the monitor to the VGA output of the laptop but did not archieve any resutls.

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

jagarridoan
One Eyed Hopeful

I'm planning to use an Optoma EP719 DLP projector.

Post by jagarridoan »

Hi!. I know that LCD/TFT monitors don't work with shutter glasses, but this is not my plan.
I want to connect the VGA analog exit of the Laptop to the DLP Optoma 719 projector. The shutter glasses dongle will be connected here.

What I need to know is if the Nvidia Stereo Driver will run ok with a 7950 GTX Model. (I hope it will becouse it is a 7x model, but I need your experience ;o) )
The future 3d stereo configuration I'm planning is these:
Laptop with
Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 hasta 7700 Socket P 2/4MB L2
(I will disable one core in the boot.ini of the Windows XP)
2GB DDR2 SO-DIMM 667Mhz
nVidia? GeForce? Go 7950 GTX 512MB
200GB Serial ATA150 a 5400 rpm
ED shutter glasses
Optoma EP 719 DLP projector (recommended in http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/04/10/ ... page3.html)
Hardware Stereo Converter for DLP and Nvidia Driver to correct Parallax Prolblem (as recommended in http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/04/10/ ... page8.html )

NVIDIA Stereo drivers 93.71 drivers

Do you think this configuration will work with stereo shutter glasses and nvidia driver.??
sharky

Post by sharky »

i don't know if it works... i wasn't even able to use the VGA outport of the laptop with a normal monitor..

did you test if you can let the CORRECT signal go out by the vga port? for me it did not work..
bye

sharky

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Ok. If you're able to get an analogue vga signal from your laptop it should work with stereo too. If you have a hdmi output and use a hdmi-dvi and then dvi-vga adapter it won't work. Simply cause there are no analogue signal at the hdmi port. If you have dvi it also must have the analogue signal to getting an adapter (dvi-vga) to work. Own experince..
Every dvi output do not have analogue signals. (even though most have)
Hdmi does not have analogue signal at all. If you need an analogue signal from hdmi you're gonna need a little black box that converts the digital signal to an analogue one. Expensive solution though...

If you're not able to get your 7950 to run properly then these drivers might be of interest: You can get them from this site.
I can recommend 93.81+stereo since they also work with opengl. (I can run Prey on them with decent result). Correct me if i'm wrong on this one....
The last drivers 162.18+162.15stereo is quite a good combo too (Runs just as great as 93.81 as i see and Prey is working with these too). at least with the games i've tested. The compability with the newest (read machine demanding) games unfortunately lacks a bit though. Seems like the 7900GT i have is not keeping up the race any more... :cry:

Ps: Also read choppers answer in the Nvidia forums if these drivers won't install on your laptop.
I think you have to ask him yourself on howto though.

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Jaydee
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jaydee »

As requested via PM, these are my modifications to nv4_disp.inf in order to make the 94.24 drivers compatible with my 7900GT.

added the following under [NVIDIA.Mfg]

%NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_02E3.1% = nv4_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_02E3
%NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_02E4.1% = nv4_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_02E4

added the following under [Strings] ; Localizable Strings

NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_02E3.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS"
NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_02E4.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT"

Hope this helps!
sharky

Post by sharky »

its sounds strange to me that you where able to use yor vga port on the laptop for shutterglasses.. when i tryed on my brothers one there was no way of doing it. i installed the nvidia stereo driver and everything needed, connected the dongle and then the monitor to the dongle.. when i started 3d mode i got screenflickering but no signal from the glasses... i thought that they are incopatible with laptops and uninstalled everything without further testing....

jagarridoan
One Eyed Hopeful

For the moment de 93.81 rivers works with the 7950gtx

Post by jagarridoan »

You have to made some modificacions to the .inf file to allow it working but it works perfect with call of duty.

I have to check now with the analog vga exit
sharky

Post by sharky »

thank you for the info.. good to know... could you please write a tutorial in the diy section? i think it is very useful. thank you

bye

sharky

jagarridoan
One Eyed Hopeful

Go 7950 GTX for laptops works with VGA-DVI analog port

Post by jagarridoan »

Thanks for all!!!

I finally recieved my pair of shutter glasses and test it with the DLP projectos and the DVI-VGA analog conector of my LAPTOP.

And.. ok.. it works... fine with call of duty and Oblivion... the flight simulator X and IL2 Sturmovik, hangs.... but I really don't have time enough to check and experment...
(for example y forgot to disable one of the cpus... (so its incredible that call of duty and oblivion.. works..... :) ...with the dual core working!! ) ...

I will try to put the mod I did in my inf. file!

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”