shutter glasses on computer, how to activate them?

fran
One Eyed Hopeful

shutter glasses on computer, how to activate them?

Post by fran »

Hello, my name is Paco and somehow got in love with stereo related imagery.

I have a few shutter glasses, bought from razor3d.com. What do I need to see some dvds on my computer? Dvds play fine, but the glasses wont start. H3D dongle works fine, as I was able to see some .jps images, but don?t know how to activate them to see dvd.

On a side note, anyone knows which power supply will work for a tv dongle? (not the brand new vesion, but the one that was just little black box, have nothing written about model).

Thanks in advance.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

Hi!

for the dvds you need "stereoPlayer" you can get the test version here: www.3dtv.at.

you have to set the stereomode to "nvidia dirivers" and then go fullscreen!

if it flickers too much then you need to set hte refreshrate of your monitor (in teh windows settings) to a higher value.. between 100 and 140 should work good.

----

power supply? there are lots of differents. you have to read what is vritten near the conenctor.

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

fran
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fran »

Hi Sharky, thanks for your help and sorry for my delay in answering, I was trying different machines. Unfortunately I must be doing something wrong, as I tested nvidia stereopanel and can't even alunch the test application from there (the one with nvidia lgoo)!

Here is a screenshot of my settings:

concerning power supply, that one is my main problem, there aint any label in the box itself (so weird..)

Any other suggerences?
Thanks.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi! if you where able to see stereo jps then your settings are ok! now you have to set up stereoplayer and select for the fullscreen-mode the nvidia drivers! then you must install the Mpeg decoders you can find here:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gplm ... i?download

done this, you have to set those decoders as standard decoders for DVD's. once you have done also this you must only load he movie and get fullscreen to activate your glasses...

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

fran
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fran »

Hi, just to let you know, problem is I was tyring to use recent drivers. Works fine on my computer using version 93.71 of both nvidia dirver and stereo driver.

Now I can see stereo from control panel launch test, but stereoscopic player donest seems 3d to me, more like double images! I don't notice flickering, but i do notice 2 separate images!! Almost as if looking an anaglyph without lenses. Any idea?

Thanks.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I had the same problem a couple of days ago with the video "SOS planet". (Glasses turn on but two videoimages).
Try:
File - Layout - Interlaced (right image first) in Stereoscopic Player.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”