[DIY] SEMI - stereoscopic images with photoshop

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

[DIY] SEMI - stereoscopic images with photoshop

Post by sharky »

Hi guys!

this is a funny one! it is about semi stereoscopic images.. what that is? well it is a FLAT 2D image with SOME PARTS in 3D... it is really funny because it is like seing a 3D photo. (i mean the ones on paper) because the flat part gives you the sens of a touchable medium like paper...
I made lots of test before creating this tutorial. and this tutorial contains the first image that was really good.

so lets start with the tutorial! what you need?

First of all you need this picture:

Print it out at full page.

now you have to put your camera on position A according to the right line and the back line. and take a picture of the subject! then place it in position B (according to the lines, it is important!) and take another picture of the subject. now take a third picture, still from position B but without the subjact.. you will need this picture to cover parts of image later. so you just take a picture of the background.

i have taken some pics of a guy from "Sturmtruppen" a comic book of the 90s...

now open Photoshop and load all 3 the images you have taken into it like on the picture below:

now select the WHOLE image B and copy it (cntrl + C) and then go to "file -> new" and in the field "width" double the number.. in my case i have to write 4000! and then hit OK..

Now paste the image B two times and put then one near the other in order to fill the whole canvas.

Now select image A, select the part you want to put in 3D, copy it and paste it over image B on the RIGHT side.

ok now the tricky part. set the opacity of the cutted part a bit lower. you need to see image B and the cutted part of image A. you have to place the DEEPEST point of the picture A over the SAME point on picture B! in my case the deepest point was that yellow little thing..

Now you have to delete with the rubber (smoothness set to around 50%) Every part of Image A you don't want in 3d. some times it happens that if you delete a part of image A you see the same part of image B. for example if i have a hand on image A, and delete the surroundings of image A than it can happen that i see the same hand from picture B. that is not good, and if that happens you can take the second picture you made on point B and ptach that hand.. so you will see ONLY the hand from image A.

done this you can add a text if you want!

save as JPG and rename to JPS

and here is the result:

FILE IN JPS FORMAT

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you cant see the image, then the image has a to high resolution. make it smaller and it should work fine.

and the photoshop project:

PROJECT (ATTENTION! 34 MB!)

well. now try and post here your results!

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Slimmoo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Slimmoo »

dude,

For some reason, I keep downloading this when I start firefox up. Your little pict that is. Do you have any idea why?

Slim,
CPU:AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
RAM:OCZ Gold XTC PC2-6400 2GB
MOTHERBOARD + CHIPSET: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
GRAPHICS: BFG GeForce 7600 GT OC PCI-E 256MB
E-Dimensional wireless shutterglasses
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

what do you mean? sorry didnt understand.

whatever yousaid, it seems that it is a problem onyl you have. so you could try to delete youre ceche, that should fix it.

let me know. :)

igor
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Return to “Do it Yourself!”