Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Movie Review

Love it or Lump it - post your feedback to individual blog posts on mtbs3D.com
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Movie Review

Post by Neil »

Our own MetalQueen wrote this one!

Have you guys seen the movie yet? Share your thoughts!

Regards,
Neil
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Movie Review

Post by cybereality »

Yeah I saw it. It was alright, like Pam said, nothing special. But the 3D was cool and I'm sure the kids will love it.
Kamus
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Movie Review

Post by Kamus »

Neil wrote:Our own MetalQueen wrote this one!

Have you guys seen the movie yet? Share your thoughts!

Regards,
Neil

I saw it, not a terrible flick, pretty decent use of S3d also.
My main complaint is that, like all other S3d movies i have seen, it wasn't in English... i get the crappy dubbed versions here because all S3d movies that have been shown here are kids movies, so they all get dubbed. (i'm in Chihuahua, Mexico.)

Pretty sure i would've liked it a lot more in English, but oh well... at least the Avatar trailer was in English. (adult movies never get dubbed, so not worried about that one.)

The S3d was solid, there was never a single moment my eyes felt tired or awkward. (monsters vs aliens did have some tiring scenes for me, and so did Ice Age 3 to a lesser extent.)

Again, the S3d was good and very easy on the eyes, i can't say the same for the animation. I felt the animation could've been a lot better. (Maybe the quality seems bad even though it isn't because of the style they use.)
The story is pretty basic, the characters are OK.
But, i gotta admit. After seeing like 5 s3d movies, all dubbed to Spanish it's beginning to take it's toll on me, i HATE dubs, period. Even as a kid before i learned English i preferred subtitles to crappy dubs. (even though dub quality is much better these days.)
There really is no substitute to watching movies with the original voice acting. (i find this to be true in all languages, not just the ones i understand.)

Decent movie, definitely geared towards very young audiences even though there are some adult jokes here and there. (specially tech related jokes, the father is like computer illiterate, these are some of the funnies jokes in there.)

I don't want to give it a score or anything like that, specially since i know my experience would've been somewhat different if i had seen it in English, as some jokes get lost in translation.

Return to “MTBS Editorial User Remarks”