88GTX + Stereo 3d and some general questions

Mugga
One Eyed Hopeful

88GTX + Stereo 3d and some general questions

Post by Mugga »

Hy guys,

I have a 88GTX and wanted to try 3d Stereo again. I downloaded your beta driver, but couldn't get it working. Only the black screen thing. I read in the forum that some people got it working, but i don't know how exactly.

So it would be good if someone could give me a little hint or write a mini tutorial.

The second question is about 3d in general. I only got a red/blue glasses, and my questions are, if shutter glasses are better, if it would good to spent money on new glasses.

But there is another question, i'm reading that you need a crt or two monitors. Or can i use another 3d technic with my Dell 2407WFP TFT? Plz give me some informations what i would need, and how much it would cost.

Sry for my english :)

Greetz Mugga
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Regarding BETA versions of the 8800 stereo drivers.
I had problems making the driver working with anaglyph stereo (Red/blue) resulting in the bsod you mentioned. However it does work with shutterglasses and dual projector setup but with some minor graphic errors. The compability level so far is also quite low with the 8800.
If you have an older Nvidia card like the 7900 or so you can play stereo on that one with bigger success. (and in anaglyph mode too which is the only option for you if you want to play stereo on your TFT).

best regards
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Mugga
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mugga »

Ok, this means that at the moment stereo in anaglyph is not possible on the 88gtx and that anaglyph technic is the only 3d technic i can use with my tft.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

On all questions: Yes
Maybe you could look into a planar device that Nubie made. The only cost is a semireflective mirror and two LCD-displays. (I'm a bit curious on this kind of setup just to spare my poor projectors. lol).
But i hope the devs of Nvidia soon will release a good driver for the G80 series soon. If i'm not totally wrong the betaversions at this site is release by nvidia team but not officially cause of its (yet) low compability grade.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”