Installing both eDimensional & Nvidia drivers

subwoofa
Two Eyed Hopeful

Installing both eDimensional & Nvidia drivers

Post by subwoofa »

I want to try using the eDimensional universal drivers with my nVidia card for experimentation purposes. (I read somewhere that some games that do not work with nVidia do work with eDimensional).

I have installed both the eDimensional universal drivers and the nVidia stereo drivers. Only the nVidia drivers seem to be activated, but besides that, is there anything wrong with installing both?

Now, the eDimensional website says that to use their drivers I have to uninstall the nVidia ones. This is kind of a pain to switch back in forth and I was wondering if there was an easier way to do this.
gisabun
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Installing both eDimensional & Nvidia drivers

Post by gisabun »

subwoofa wrote:I want to try using the eDimensional universal drivers with my nVidia card for experimentation purposes. (I read somewhere that some games that do not work with nVidia do work with eDimensional).

I have installed both the eDimensional universal drivers and the nVidia stereo drivers. Only the nVidia drivers seem to be activated, but besides that, is there anything wrong with installing both?

Now, the eDimensional website says that to use their drivers I have to uninstall the nVidia ones. This is kind of a pain to switch back in forth and I was wondering if there was an easier way to do this.
Installing other drivers [if you can't disable] could lead to [in this case] possible video corruption or other problems. As well, you are loading another set of drivers which means eating more resources.

Only wait to test is to do a dual boot.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hi Gisabun,

Actually, I don't think a dual boot is necessary in this case. The Edimensional drivers are more of a wrapper than a driver.

If you just disable the stereo functionality in the NVIDIA driver, and toggle the Edimensional driver on and off, that should be ok.

Neil

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”