Do we need another place to settle down?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:17 am

YES, we need a new forum that is save, clean and moderated
63%
MAY BE, but i dont use forum much
11%
NO, its good as it is
22%
I DONT CARE
4%

Total votes: 27

Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

I just wonder if its time to leave here and settle down elsewhere with a brand new and secure forum. I have abilities and capacities to do this if you want but I dont have to do if its not the majority meaning. Any other suggestions / actions are welcome but it seems we are not save here anymore or am i wrong? What do you think ?

I mean a new standalone forum for 3d enthusiasts? Yes, No, May be? What is your opinion?

For Option 2 please make suggestions if you have another idea to make communication more attractive/effective. If you want/have an idea ofc.

NOTE: Votes for a decision in the next 14 days: 200 and +50 % for option 1, otherhise there is no need to change anything.
Last edited by Losti on Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:48 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Dark_saiyens
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Do we need another place to settle down?

Post by Dark_saiyens »

It could be a good idea but in fact we just need one moderator right now here...
And i think if we switch we could loose a lot of people behind us and now there is a lot of informations/contents for 3D in MTSB.
We have lost already lots of people and contents with Nvidia Forum few years ago.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Yeah only a suggestion/idea, so there for a poll.
0hy3ah
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 0hy3ah »

hello,

i'm new here, i'll just follow where you'll decide to go, if you decide to stay here, it's fine for me, if you want to move somewhere else, it's also fine.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I think a new forum would be great, something with a diverse directory that would make things easier to find.

Like a section with links to various tools/links/guides.

A section for shader hacking discussions where some of the old forum could be migrated that contained hints and tips.
Like the 3DMigoto thread and the helix dx9 wrapper thread

A separate game sections for dx9, 3DMigoto/3DMigoto+Geo-11/dx12

Another for 3D Video playback, as well as one for stereoscopic stream recording

I do suggest that you make the forum searchable without requiring that you are logged-in, that greatly annoys me when using this forum

Everything is just so scattered, and hard to find without a little effort and it seems that most people are not up to the little effort
required to find existing information.

Hopefully a categorized directory would help to avoid redundant questions

If we do, I hope a mandatory signature section is required for system/display specs as well as an annoying pop up that constantly
reminds everyone to list detailed and pertinent information when asking for help. You know "The Stupid Stuff"
viewtopic.php?t=26886

An active moderator swiftly deleting spam would be huge. I've mentioned to Neil that he should perhaps add a Captcha or similar
spam deterrents. As well as simply denying all new forum members for 3-6 months until spammers disappear. He said he was looking at
some other stuff, but did not give me any details.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Not to mention, if you look at the board index, the whole forum is being spammed hard right now.
index.php

When I created the Spam thread, anyone that has read other parts of the sub-forum knows that Spam was rampant for several years.
Some of the other sub-forums were inundated with it. Now it's completely out of control.

With luck, they will not be following us, if and when we migrate to a new forum.

This is one of the reasons you see me say that any dx12 support and wrapper/fix downloads should be on a new forum.

I'm afraid that the "end of days" for this forum are right around the corner. Which is too bad, because it has a lot of information not
just in our sub-forums, but in other portions as well. Lots of hacks for self made emitters for example, plus other hardware/software
hacks. But unfortunately, the lack of an active moderator has put everything perilously close to extinction.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

If by chance, this forum goes offline, watch the HelixBlog site for an updated forum link.

For those that are not aware of it, there is also a Discord for the 3DVision community.

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/10/g ... dated.html
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Thinking about it, perhaps a rebranding of sorts is in order.

I've always thought of our community as the 3D Vision community.

But with the shitty way that Nvidia has treated us by destroying the old forums and gutting the drivers,
perhaps we can call the new forum something different.

Like S-3D Enthusiasts or Stereoscopic Gaming Community or or something different...just as long as the search does not
return a long list of BS to wade through to find the appropriate forum link.

Maybe something along the lines of how 3DMigoto got it's name. I forget the specifics, but migoto had some type of meaning
in Japanese, as I recall.

Dang, that seems soooo long ago, but the indigomod fund raiser by Chiri and Elbarterino was announced on 07/03/2013 for a
Bioshock Infinite fix. Many thanks to them for releasing the dx11 code that was used by bo3b, DarkStarSword and others to
lay the foundation for what we know as 3Dmigoto today.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I think any membership should be restricted initially to known individuals. For a period of 3-6 months maybe?
Until the initial forum format/structure is sorted. Maybe?

If these forums are still up, PMs could be used here on on the discord try to keep access to
a minimum initially. This is where a search without a log-in requirement would be very welcome.

I've always thought that a log-in requirement for downloads would have been a great idea, then there
would be a better idea of how many individuals are actually using the fixes. Dunno
BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by BazzaLB »

What makes someone a "known" individual exactly?
11900K/3080 - Vive Pro - Sony 3DTV
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

People that have made multiple posts here and not the ones that used ChatGPT to post spam that seemed on topic.

People that have contributed via PayPal, Patreon, etc... / anyone that can be verified not to be a spammer

There have been people that have posted only once and never again or even a few times, those people would not be invited.
With the exception of known people, Like DSS has only posted a few times, certainly, he's get an invite. But I've often
wondered if this forum has a requirement to make at least one post prior to be able to PM. I've often thought from seeing
the active user count on the forums, that they were being used as a "backroom" chat site. For whatever reason, the active user
count was disabled or broken several years back.

"In total there are 179 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 173 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1032 on Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:19 pm"

I only say this, because the last thing we would want, is for the spammers to open accounts at the new location. We'd
have to expect that they would eventually. But we would not want it to happen prior to getting settled in and anti-spam
measures in place, along with moderators ready to deal with such a thing.

But yah, I reported the Spam, sent messages.... and yet it's still there. When the certificate expired, I received a quick response.
So I can only assume that he is out of town on business or something? Dunno

People that are on Facebook or Twitter/X, can try him there. I do not use either. index.php (links towards the top)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I've always like these forums, because you would see a lot of different stuff.

Like Cyberreality (<--- used to be a moderator here, but left) and his laptop in a backpack for un-tethered VR in 2011
Backtop VR with Vuzix 1200VR + Wiimote + PS Move [Hard Reset] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni-QFyfZ8rY

Or his apply it yourself solution for a glasses free display in 2010
Glasses-Free 3D Gaming for $5 (Parallax Barrier) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8CHvX6WkbY
Feisty_Fernando

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

An improved screenshot section would be appreciated. Lots of great 3D pics on the discord over time and it's a lot of scrolling unless you specify a game name and there are pics posted. Maybe even a voting system for every one of the 3D pics.

Updated How-to guides would also be useful for the new 3D enthusiasts to find answers. We see the question if 3xxx/4xxx cards will work for 3D every week and folks are either too lazy to read or the vast trails of discussion are just overwhelming. When I was more new, I sometimes would get confused by the syntax in which some guides were written. Example: I'm going to the city vs To the city, I will go. I can see where newcomers might find it confusing or overwhelming to spend weeks looking for what is sometimes a simple answer or right in front of them.

We could even have a repository for replacement parts/vendors to keep our 3D situation in top shape - replacement batteries, affordable projection screens, etc.

BazzaLB wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:12 am What makes someone a "known" individual exactly?
We know who you are... and we WILL find you! :lol:
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

I'll follow you anywere, but using HelixMod site, or at least make an easy follow link to a forum seems smart.

The active link of MTBS is usefull:
search.php?search_id=active_topics&sid= ... 38033f1c63

Is remaking HelixMod better than make a new website ?
Last edited by DugomFirst on Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

DugomFirst wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:26 am Is remaking HelixMod better than make a new webdite ?
No, adding a forum directly to the blog is a bad idea, it's maintenance and fees are handled separately.
And we do not want to add any headaches to it's existence.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Overall, I do not think it even matters.
For the most part, people simply refuse to help others .
Then others, simply refuse to help themselves and want hand holding vs reading through existing solutions.

And clearly, what UnityBeing is doing by completely destroying fixes and offering them up as his own masterpiece, is completely ruining
everything. I can not believe that more people are not chiming in and pointing out the issues that are blatantly obvious with his offerings
It's like no one cares, except myself and Losti.

Even masterotaku, who he often references has not chimed in. wtf
In 2 seconds he could easily see the huge issues with what changes he is making to these fixes.
Not to mention he is basically hijacking fixes made by other people and passing them off as his own.

I seriously think it's time to call it quits on everything. Why even bother with a new forum or try for dx12 when lurkers will never
contribute and others could care less
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

I've been around since very early days. Was helping MikeAR with some of his testing he needed (Remember Assasin's creed Black flag very fondly). Bo3b was gracious enough to give me a free copy of HelixVision so I could help test that too. When geo-11 was first released, I did my best to test games for that also. But then there was a serious drop off in interest. There were some discussions that as far as I could tell were flat out insulting to Bo3b as some guy came in with his ScreenCapVR tools (that I never used), dropped various bogus insinuations about HelixVision and left. I think this all started to leave a bad taste in Bo3b's mouth and that may have played some part in his complete dissapearance.

In the end I saw quite a few people just migrate to discord. Having then gone there, it just didn't seem like a viable place to share info without repeating yourself over and over so I must admit, my interest waned too. I saw quite a bit of false information being spread but at some point I started to think the whole original "community" had lost interest wandered off so I stopped visiting the forums tbh.

I come back from time to time out of curiosity more than anything.
Last edited by BazzaLB on Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
11900K/3080 - Vive Pro - Sony 3DTV
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Yes ,new forum thanks Losti
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

3DNovice wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:51 pm
And clearly, what UnityBeing is doing by completely destroying fixes and offering them up as his own masterpiece, is completely ruining
everything. I can not believe that more people are not chiming in and pointing out the issues that are blatantly obvious with his offerings
It's like no one cares, except myself and Losti.

Even masterotaku, who he often references has not chimed in. wtf
In 2 seconds he could easily see the huge issues with what changes he is making to these fixes.
Not to mention he is basically hijacking fixes made by other people and passing them off as his own.

I seriously think it's time to call it quits on everything. Why even bother with a new forum or try for dx12 when lurkers will never
contribute and others could care less
Like others I was fighting UnityBeing in discord for his nonsens talking etc but as he's totally mentally ill and mythomaniac, I stopped and prefer ignore him like many of us now, that's why no one litterally responded to his numerous forum posts :lol:

For now I don't see the point in a new forum.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Thanks for mentioning that he was doing the same on Discord. I just do not understand how he could have been a
3D Vision gamer all of these years and not have any comprehension of the basics. I do know some tweakers that
are like him and a few extreme alcoholics that exhibit similar behavior, these were people I worked with and they
were absolutely worthless.

I was playing Heavy Rain and when I came to the Nathaniel part, it made me wonder if this guy was that far gone.

When I look at what he calls his fixes, it triggers Circus Music (Entry of the Gladiators) in my head.
lay72
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by lay72 »

Hi to all...I'm Reading just now, for me, every choose is good, sometime i came back in this forum for informations about fixes, or ask help.
sebastatu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sebastatu »

Who's site is this https://3dvision-blog.com/? It has not been updated in years, but looks good to me. Perhaps it could be kept, and updated with a section for fixes, guides, etc, if we know who the owner is, maybe he is part of the community already? it also has a forum: https://3dvision-blog.com/forum/

Anyway just a suggestion.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”