Nice solution for Multi Core processors

Isei
One Eyed Hopeful

Nice solution for Multi Core processors

Post by Isei »

I used to have lock-up problems with my intel Core 2 and stereo gaming.

Recently I found a better solution for this than setting up windows for dual-boot with only 1 core enabled.

Download nHancer, an nvidia profile editing tool
http://www.nhancer.com/

Make a profile for the game that you want to run with single core or choose Global to make all games run with single core.

Go to the Compatibility tab and look for CPU Multi Core support checkbox, check it and choose Single core.

Screenshot
http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nhancerrj4.jpg

This removes all lock-ups for me with both opengl and d3d games.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hi Isei!

I tried it, and so far it works great!

I just set Global to single processor.

Not a single lock-up yet. I'll do more testing tomorrow, but if it still holds true, I'm going to email the author and definitely add this to our download section.

Regards,
Neil 8)
mgwynn
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mgwynn »

omg i can't believe what i just read... i'll get my z800 this week in the mail, and it looks like i'll have run only one cpu on my xps?

if the game runs fine now without the z800, is that an indication that it "might" run okay with the z800, as long as i don't run 3D?
nathansteinke
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by nathansteinke »

That sounds right, that as long as you don't enable stereo3d you should be ok, but I'm not familiar with the details of running z800 in non-stereo3d, so am unsure.
-Nate
Isei
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isei »

I have been gaming with nHancer and the single core setting for a couple of months now, and this fix definitely works confirmed 8)

I have to add though that if you use nHancer with separate profiles for each game you have to activate the profile manually to activate the single core setting.

If you play all your games in stereo3d then just set "Global" to Single Core and you will have no problems.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”