A chance for geo-12

Innuendo1231
Two Eyed Hopeful

A chance for geo-12

Post by Innuendo1231 »

Hello everyone.
So my circe of freinds have a wonderful new addition. He's a programmer, owns a small programming company with a handful of other programmers.
I talked to him about this whole topic of helixmod and 3dmigoto and geo-11, and asked him if they could make a geo-12 for us.
He said it's quite possible, and one of the collegues is also a game programmer and thought that he should find this to be an interesting challange.

But I think to have any hope, they will at least need the source code of geo-11.

I'm not sure who has the code, but it would be awesome if they could provie it, and any useful insight the programmers should know about.
Here's hoping.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: A chance for geo-12

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

I'm pretty sure the discord already has spooks siphoning 3D fixes for the new Acer/Asus 3D OLED displays/tablets for profit. Look for those select few individuals who constantly promote the new displays/tablets, the same folks strangely always find Helix Mod the most difficult unusable thing in the world.
Innuendo1231
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Innuendo1231 »

So ho has the source code of geo-11 ?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

3DNovice wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:29 pm
Feisty_Fernando wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:34 am I'm pretty sure the discord already has spooks siphoning 3D fixes for the new Acer/Asus 3D OLED displays/tablets for profit. Look for those select few individuals who constantly promote the new displays/tablets, the same folks strangely always find Helix Mod the most difficult unusable thing in the world.
It must be a **** show working with Acer/Spatial Labs, otherwise I'd assume that we would see a larger number of official Geometry 3D fixes
available. I'm not certain of how many coders/shader hackers opted to work for them, but their releases of officially supported games thus far,
is pretty dismal for a large corporation touting that their glasses free displays is the greatest thing ever. I think Acer wasted all their money on PR
and overlooked paying shaderhackers for official fixes.

As a gamer, I think the price tag is ridiculous and the display response time is unacceptable. $1000 for a 15inch monitor with 30 ms latency

Helifax has one and says
helifax wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:01 pm As it stands out, it has some very strong points and some poor ones. My biggest one is the size which is only 15'
This is just a snippet of what he said, to see the full post
viewtopic.php?p=187360#p187360
Pretty sure those new 3D OLED's were priced directly into obsolescence. I picked up 4-5 sizeable 3DTV's for the cost of one 15" 3D OLED, and a $4k 3D laptop will never be on my radar.
Innuendo1231
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Innuendo1231 »

The way i see it, geo11 is a continuation of 3dmigoto. It is 3dmigoto with the extra feature of doing the stereoization itself instead of letting 3dvsion automatic do it.
The reason why having the source code would be useful is because the community already knows how to use it and how to fix shaders with it. I'm guessing it would be best if geo12 would work the same way, with all the familiar structures and ini files and such... But that's just my assumption. It would also give the programmers an insight on the desired output formats that are present in geo11 (3dvison dx9, sbs, line interleaved, etc....)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

3DNovice wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:29 pm
Feisty_Fernando wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:34 am I'm pretty sure the discord already has spooks siphoning 3D fixes for the new Acer/Asus 3D OLED displays/tablets for profit. Look for those select few individuals who constantly promote the new displays/tablets, the same folks strangely always find Helix Mod the most difficult unusable thing in the world.
It must be a **** show working with Acer/Spatial Labs, otherwise I'd assume that we would see a larger number of official Geometry 3D fixes
available. I'm not certain of how many coders/shader hackers opted to work for them, but their releases of officially supported games thus far,
is pretty dismal for a large corporation touting that their glasses free displays is the greatest thing ever. I think Acer wasted all their money on PR
and overlooked paying shaderhackers for official fixes.

As a gamer, I think the price tag is ridiculous and the display response time is unacceptable. $1000 for a 15inch monitor with 30 ms latency

Helifax has one and says
helifax wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:01 pm As it stands out, it has some very strong points and some poor ones. My biggest one is the size which is only 15'
This is just a snippet of what he said, to see the full post
viewtopic.php?p=187360#p187360
For anyone that cares :) I did added support to Vk3DVision for SpatialLabs3D under a contract that ended quite a while ago. I am not at liberty to distribute it as that is not my code. (So, the current version of Vk3DVision has support, BUT it's missing a key component).
The biggest problem with the release back then was more on Quality Management. For example, if a user has to to this and that and the other just to get the fix to work, it's not acceptable. (For example Doom Eternal sometimes starts with a Black Eye rendered. The fix is simple.. just go to Video Settings and flip between Windowed and Bordersless Windowed 2 times - take 5 seconds. But this can't be automated. So.. not acceptable even if the fix is gorgeous and so on - and this "just me saying" but Acer said the same).
The problem to get to that Quality Bar is extremely high because all of this is Reserved-Engineering stuff, that it's very very very hard to retrofit into a game! (As a developer making a game, it's easier since you "know" the code and can change the behavior, etc. When reverse-engineering the code it's a cat&mouse game trying to understand what the hell is going on and then trying to do something about it ^_^. There are some pieces that are easier and some that are exponentially harder - not because we don't know how to make them, but because of the retrofit).

So, in all, when you have a product that you sell the Quality bar is way up! Us 3D gamers can deal with keys and overlays and etc, but a lot of "regular consumers" have 0 clue and don't care to learn - nor have the patience.
I believe this is WHY the number of Geometry3d fixes is that "low" ;) - simply because it is takes much more time to make something to work on an existing game than coding the game with Stereo3D in mind :)
So, the Quality Bar for officially supported Game profiles is way different than an unofficial patch/mod that adds 3D.

PS: I am not working with Acer atm. Although I wish in the future to have the time to add my input, atm I don't have the time physically to do it :(

Hope this helps shed some light on the mystery (at least the way I see it ^_^)
Cheers!
Last edited by helifax on Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Thanks for taking the time to reply with the insight, greatly appreciated.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Yeah thanks Helifax for this very instructive & meaningfull reply 8)
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Innuendo1231 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:47 pm Hello everyone.
So my circe of freinds have a wonderful new addition. He's a programmer, owns a small programming company with a handful of other programmers.
I talked to him about this whole topic of helixmod and 3dmigoto and geo-11, and asked him if they could make a geo-12 for us.
He said it's quite possible, and one of the collegues is also a game programmer and thought that he should find this to be an interesting challange.

But I think to have any hope, they will at least need the source code of geo-11.

I'm not sure who has the code, but it would be awesome if they could provie it, and any useful insight the programmers should know about.
Here's hoping.
Yeah contact Bo3b (& or Dave) would be the best thing to begin with
Innuendo1231
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Innuendo1231 »

I subscribed to Dave's patreon and sent him a message, but no response : \
I'll try that discord, though I never used it and have no idea how it works

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”