Steamdeck + Geo11 + Nreal Xreal glasses = partial success!

TLTLT
One Eyed Hopeful

Steamdeck + Geo11 + Nreal Xreal glasses = partial success!

Post by TLTLT »

Hi everone,

Used to be a devout 3d Vision user back in the day, thanks so much for all the fixes!

I just got a pair of nreal airs and of course the first thing I've been testing is the 3d, which is really good!

I've also been experimenting with using my Steamdeck for 3d gaming on the move and have had some success...

Dead Rising with the geo11 fix was my first go as it isn't too demanding on the hardware.

Got it working great by using upscaling in the d3dxini and setting the res to 3840 x 1080, then in steam game mode I force the output to 3840 x 2160 and then run the game with the glasses set to 3d mode. Perfect!

Haven't had as much luck with other games though...

Evil Within crashes when loading a save
Darksiders III works but the 3d is broken
Yakuza 0 crashes
Witcher 3 runs but 3d is broken (also pointless as too low fps)

I also tried dx9 to dx11 with d2voodoo DGVooDoo2 on Kingdoms of Amalur, but despite it being an out of the box excellent game the 3d is broken after the conversion and obs the dx9 helix mod fix doesn't work...

I'll try some more, but need to find undemanding dx11 games that the steam deck can cope with.
NoricForge
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Steamdeck + Geo11 + Nreal Xreal glasses = partial success!

Post by NoricForge »

Have you tried setting the Steam resolution to native? I've had good success with this. Upscaling seems to be mandatory in any case. Got Alien: Isolation and even Half-Life: Alyx running this way.
TLTLT
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TLTLT »

I'll give it a go!
TLTLT
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TLTLT »

I've spent the evening trying to get superdepth to work but can't get the output right...

Need to find a way to enable a streched image, so 1920x1080 or similar is strechted over 3840 x 1080. Maybe upscaling might work...

Update: A version of gamescope with the -stretch command would work, but the standard steamdeck gamescope doesn't have it...
NeonKnight
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeonKnight »

Hi,

I have the Witcher III running perfectly using the same set up (steam deck + real airs) after a lot of tinkering.

To make this work, I have put the 64 bit geo 11 drivers (version 0.6.56) in the Witcher bin/x64 directory.
I did initially try the fix from this site, which didn't seem to work. Then copied the geo 11 drivers over them.
Modified the d3dx.ini to upscale to 3840x1080.

Then in desktop mode, switch the glasses to 3d. (yes, hard to see the window and use the touch controls)
Start up the game, select the direct11 option.
I have the game resolution set to 1280x720 (same aspect ratio as the glasses) and the graphics options around medium (set them to my liking, with a good trade off between quality and fps).

3D gaming like I have not experienced before!
yilinob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by yilinob »

Good games! Useful tools for you when using smart devices.You need to follow the instructions in this article how to take a screenshot on windows.
TLTLT
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TLTLT »

NeonKnight wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:02 am Hi,

I have the Witcher III running perfectly using the same set up (steam deck + real airs) after a lot of tinkering.

To make this work, I have put the 64 bit geo 11 drivers (version 0.6.56) in the Witcher bin/x64 directory.
I did initially try the fix from this site, which didn't seem to work. Then copied the geo 11 drivers over them.
Modified the d3dx.ini to upscale to 3840x1080.

Then in desktop mode, switch the glasses to 3d. (yes, hard to see the window and use the touch controls)
Start up the game, select the direct11 option.
I have the game resolution set to 1280x720 (same aspect ratio as the glasses) and the graphics options around medium (set them to my liking, with a good trade off between quality and fps).

3D gaming like I have not experienced before!

Are you running on windows or linux? I didn't have much luck when I tried and had low pretty low FPS too.

So far the only success I've had on SteamOS is Dead Rising, which is amazing! Windows has been much easier to get thing working but not as portable... Going to try more after my holiday!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”