Geo-11 and Arma3

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Geo-11 and Arma3

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey guys,

I was able to get Arma 3 working the shadows are broke but since when you dump shaders it is in ASM and I am not too sure how to fix it that way. I did request to Bo3b that if they could make Geo-11 dump in HLSL too tjhat way dummies like me who dont know how to fix ASM I would be able to fix it then if in HLSL.. but thqat never happened will that ever get added in Geo-11??

Also the performance tanked after like 15-30 minutes of play. it was very laggy the FPS seemed OK but at the lowest went down to 30 and out of the 7 guys playing I was the only one getting the lag. It was a Geo-11 based lag or something, I did check the memory and all I still had about 8gb of unsude momory avaialble and the CPU was not too high in CPU Usage. So I think maybe something with Arma 3 and Geo-11.

Is there anything I can check in Geo-11 for perfomance or try and figure out what happened whilst I was playing. I used it in WoW and did not experience this so maybe arma incompatibility??

IT did look really nice in 3D again I even had the convergance set perfect but the gun sights did not even come into play with the higher convergence setting, I did set a hotkey for 2 convergnece settings but it was wierd.. guess that is as good as that will get with the gunsights and high convergence but besides that it worked pretty good. Oh and I turned down the graphics setting but when it first strted it was about 112FPS.. that was with the ingame counter..

Also the image seems shifted, Here is the screenshot of the main menu, is this normal??

EDIT Here is the Geo-11 Arma 3 fix: https://nephilim3d.s3.amazonaws.com/arma3+geo11+fix.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by The_Nephilim on Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Geo-11 and Arma3

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DerBlob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DerBlob »

I too wish the shader dump with Geo would be in HLSL.

Because today i fixed NFS 2016 (not Payback) for me by disabling many Flares from Cars,Street Lamps,Traffic lights,Screen Raindrops and the Moon itself but it was a pain in the ass to do it by switching to normal 3DMigoto and do it in 2D because some of the Flares like from NPC Cars where under the Normal Lights and there where so small you really could not see them in 2D
(what kind of idiot from the developers do something like that) aaarghhh :x
So i had to go through ps and when the Lights where off i could go through the vs and then disable the problematic flares and vice versa.
But the Fxxxing NPCs didnt stop so driving with one hand behind them and go through shaders with the other was...yeah

At the end it was doable and im happy with the result and the Game is now 99% 3D ready in combination with the Original Shader fixes from Payback and the Frostbite Universal fix, :woot
but dumping shader with Geo in 3D like with Migoto in 2D would be so much easier.

Hope this is possible some day and in developmend.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

The_Nephilim wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:15 pm IT did look really nice in 3D again I even had the convergance set perfect but the gun sights did not even come into play with the higher convergence setting, I did set a hotkey for 2 convergnece settings but it was wierd.. guess that is as good as that will get with the gunsights and high convergence but besides that it worked pretty good. Oh and I turned down the graphics setting but when it first strted it was about 112FPS.. that was with the ingame counter..
If you are playing in first person, I found I needed 3 convergence settings: lowered weapon, raised (high ready), and aim down sights.

I used the following Auto Weapon Lower mod that you can configure to your taste, so when out of combat you can have VERY strong convergence so the game looks great with no gun in your way. Then lower convergence when tapping your button for high ready, and then even lower when holding button for zooming/aiming down sights.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1612623122

I always meant to test geo-11 with this game, but just haven't gotten around to it. Shame its not an easy transition, I keep my 2080ti for a reason though.. :?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I did finally solve the issue and it was with the HUD/UI shader that was shifting the image so I omitted it and not too sure but the HUD/UI seems ok, will have to check the markers on the NPC's and such but the UI seemed ok.

I did run into another issue and it was yet a few more shaders causing the issue where the gun and other NPC's where pure whit with no textures.. at first I thought I could fix it with a Profile exchange but it turned out to be an offending shader that I removed..

I might post this in the blog when I get a chance if anyone wants it now let me know I can go ahead an put it on the blog but I am taking a little break..

Thank you everybody for the help. long live 3D ;)
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

The_Nephilim wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:30 pm Well I did finally solve the issue and it was with the HUD/UI shader that was shifting the image so I omitted it and not too sure but the HUD/UI seems ok, will have to check the markers on the NPC's and such but the UI seemed ok.

I did run into another issue and it was yet a few more shaders causing the issue where the gun and other NPC's where pure whit with no textures.. at first I thought I could fix it with a Profile exchange but it turned out to be an offending shader that I removed..

I might post this in the blog when I get a chance if anyone wants it now let me know I can go ahead an put it on the blog but I am taking a little break..

Thank you everybody for the help. long live 3D ;)
I just tested Arma 3 with geo-11 and the gun and other npcs are all white like you mentioned. The skybox also looks off, not the depth but the visuals. If you were able to fix the white textures, please post your WIP fix when you get a chance - it would be much appreciated.

I also noticed much worse performance with geo-11, which is odd since it is such a CPU bound game I would think performance would be even better. :(
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey Shift-E, I putthe fix in the top thread. while it works there are a few things broke that I am not able to fix. the gun is wierd but I have a hotkey to get the convergence too two different settings with the "R" Key.. it has zero and 18 convergance if it is too much you can adjust itin the d3dx.ini file..

if you have any questions let me know.. I will help to my ability..
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

The_Nephilim wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:40 pm Hey Shift-E, I putthe fix in the top thread. while it works there are a few things broke that I am not able to fix. the gun is wierd but I have a hotkey to get the convergence too two different settings with the "R" Key.. it has zero and 18 convergance if it is too much you can adjust itin the d3dx.ini file..

if you have any questions let me know.. I will help to my ability..
thanks so much for your work and posting it! works great, gun is not weird for me and performance is much improved (I didn't realize game was using wrong settings on the boot drive I was testing on). I patched all my convergence hotkeys in and its working great. I only have 2 issues:

1) the waypoints and friendly icons are at wrong depth. The original fix had these elements tied to the "Y" key, and could be pushed to desired depth. I tried patching the hotkey code from the 3Dvision fix, but soon realized you didn't use that fix for your geo-11 fix. You can see this issue right at beginning of the standard Infantry Showcase, not sure if something similar can be done for geo-11 fix?

2) mouse pointer is wrong depth (split apart) and hard to line up in menus. I tried the different mouse options in d3dx.ini and tried scaling options but no luck. I am using Tab output at 1440p on a 4k screen, but have never had this issue before so I might be missing something simple.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

OK the HUD/UI Shader broke the shadows and shifted the image as noted above, which is why the shadows were broke. not sure how I would fix the HUD/UI without getting the image shifted would need to experiment with it.. Also the white images, I forget which shader caused that.

I porobally will not be looking into this any further as Geo-11 uses ASM and I am not interested in learning how to set that up. I prefered HLSL for it was what I learned.. hopefully they will get that updated in geo-11.

Also I do beleive it was 4everawake who made the second fix for this I did the original fix but 4everawake got the shadows fixed.. ;) I just reworked it to work with Geo-11 a little bit.. I may look at the HUD /UI But I have a hotkey for convergence which is the "R" key.. makes the game look really 3d but breaks the gun real bad.. that is why I made to convergence settings which still doesnt get the pointer correctly still seems doubled and not aligned o make perfect shots when aiming with the scopes..
Last edited by The_Nephilim on Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

3DNovice which version of Geo-11 does this. I only have v6.56 is there something newer. I think there is as I thought I saw someone say v6.90?? I checked the blog but did not see a new DL Link for the newer version?

THNX I am going to look at Arma 3 again if this is so..
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

The_Nephilim wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:01 pm 3DNovice which version of Geo-11 does this. I only have v6.56 is there something newer. I think there is as I thought I saw someone say v6.90?? I checked the blog but did not see a new DL Link for the newer version?
Much newer versions, which I haven't posted alongside fixes yet because of some remaining bugs. So you can't use it yet.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

masterotaku wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:32 am
The_Nephilim wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:01 pm 3DNovice which version of Geo-11 does this. I only have v6.56 is there something newer. I think there is as I thought I saw someone say v6.90?? I checked the blog but did not see a new DL Link for the newer version?
Much newer versions, which I haven't posted alongside fixes yet because of some remaining bugs. So you can't use it yet.
So, I am guessing the HLSL Dumps are not here yet?? I just checked and it did seem to still be in ASM :(

Hopefully the newer Geo-11 gets released when ready and hopefully that is ASAP>> :)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”