black ops 3 crashes when trying 3dmigoto

crugnok83
One Eyed Hopeful

black ops 3 crashes when trying 3dmigoto

Post by crugnok83 »

hi,
i'm new here, is the 3dmigoto project dead? i only ask as new issues don't seem to get answered on it's git page.

i initially had an issue with 3dmigoto and call of duty ghosts which crashed on any build i tried, even the very early build designed for ghosts.
however what worked was the fork @ https://github.com/SilentNightSound/GI-Model-Importer

that fork however doesn't work on blops 3 either.

i've been using 3dmigoto for many of the older cod games to disable shaders like bloody screen, depth of field and other instances of blur and even things
like colour grading and lens flares.

withe black ops 3 from what i figured out i assume it's because the game blocks 3rd party dlls?
as from many hours of web searches i've seen posts about dlls and injectors etc and stuff not working. i've tried a few from git and even process hacker and all failed.
also tried renaming the d3d11.dll wrapper to something else but nope.

what happens with blops 3 is the game launches just fine, menus work and even the hq that you walk around before starting a mission. but once you click the mouse to skip a cutscene either on campaign or zombies the game hangs on a black screen and makes dump file.

has anyone got 3dmigoto or maybe another type of fix that works for blops 3? i noticed there are 75 forks but i haven't tried any as they all seem to require building from source.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: black ops 3 crashes when trying 3dmigoto

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crugnok83
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by crugnok83 »

thanks for suggestions.

i don't use vr, not a fan, tried it but got very sick.

gpu is amd 6600 xt
windows 11 x64 latest
8700k no overclock

i only use 3dmigoto to make shader fixes to remove annoying effects in games.

i've started trying out various 3d fixes on the helix mod page that are designed for other games, found one that seems to work, no crashes so far. sonic frontiers 3d fix, i deleted all the included shader fixes as they were useless, replace the ini with the one from last 3dmigoto and tested and managed to get in-game with no black screen on cutscene skip, even tried zombies.

3dmigoto only crashed when hunting is enabled on blops 3, seems to work enabled on the frontiers fix. already done one shader fix to disable lens flares.

so far so good....
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crugnok83
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by crugnok83 »

did you not read my post? i got it working using the 3dfix meant for sonic frontiers. so all is good.

and to anyone else reading this, keep a look out on nexusmods for cod wwii. mods coming soon.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crugnok83
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by crugnok83 »

it was pretty simple, i just had to find a newer 64bit build of 3dmigoto that worked with blops 3 and because i don't use vr, i just used the default ini from the last normal release from github. was either going to work or it wasn't.

thought i would have to try a whole load of dlls from the helix mod site but sonic frontiers fix worked first go. no crashes in campaign, zombies or mp.

i have so far created shader fixes for;

ghosts
black ops 1-3
infinite warfare
mw 1-3
wwii
advanced warfare
waw

plus a whole bunch of cheat tables to disable hit blur and a few other annoying screen fx.

the only hard bit was sitting here for many minutes cycling through thousands of shaders to find the ones to disable. for some of the games that required me hide the pause menu, had to hide that shader first and then reload the game and pause when being shot so i could find the bloody screen effects. as the pause screen although transparent were difficult to see through.
crugnok83
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by crugnok83 »

as promised, here are my shader fixes and some cheat engine fixes too for the whole series.

https://github.com/Crugnok/CoD_TAOW

was going to put them on nexusmods but i don't really like that site anymore.

just to point out, this is for regular pc gaming, not VR use. i only mess with shaders to remove stuff in games i don't like. i have no interest in getting the games working in VR. the fixes are simply aimed at improving the gameplay experience.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”