HelixVision is no longer for sale on Steam ?

Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

HelixVision is no longer for sale on Steam ?

Post by Cyber77 »

Question here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1127310/ ... 948436143/

Clarification needed !
EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: HelixVision is no longer for sale on Steam ?

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

I'd posted my comments on the community page, but it looks like bo3b is MIA in general. I witnessed a handful of pretty nasty interactions from people in the discord towards bo3b and frustration bubbling on these forums, too, primarily fueled by people that didn't understand how to use the tools that were being provided.

I hope he's OK and ends up coming back. The most compatible elements of geo-11 (SBS/TAB/katanga_vr output) see continued development and support, but the dx9 path is beginning to stagnate. Lots of masterotaku's fixes (one of the more active fixers in the community these days...) do not properly work with dx9, having black screen, missing eye, or other issues....
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Bo3b, did specifically say that he was pissed off, and he is very amicable

The following is just a partial quote of a much longer post from
viewtopic.php?p=186012#p186012
bo3bber wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:06 pm OK, let's clarify a few things here- You and everyone else, are absolutely wrong about the performance of Katanga, and I would really appreciate it if you all could stop spreading misinformation. I regret adding experimental VR support in geo-11 now, because it's just made a bad situation worse because literally no one appears to be able to configure this properly. Which is a big part of HelixVision itself- configuring it for people who don't understand the details. I should have just waited

The important thing is to actually try to understand what is happening- blindly trashing Katanga is just stupid and lame, and it really pisses me off. Somehow you think I would just write a shitty app, not tune it, and ship that? Experiment. Learn. Are you all modders or not?

Due to him saying........
bo3bber wrote:I should have just waited
I wonder if he pulled HelixVision until he could update it to fully support Geo-11 ?

But yah, read that whole thread. Bo3b, did respond, offering insights into Katanga/HelixVision, such as...
bo3bber wrote:If I were to rewrite Katanga, I would take the same approach Helifax did, and bring up a VR environment directly out of the game, because NVidia is hostile to small developers and gives me zero tools. That's not going to happen though, I'm not rewriting it. In normal circumstances, there is no problem, but as noted this might be worse now. And Unity VR has always been a very good experience, which is why so many VR games are written using it.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I truly hope he is well.

There is a possibility that he sold his house in California (SF Area) and is in the process of moving. There has been a mass exodus from California due to the crazy sale prices homes are bringing. A somewhat upgraded basic 3 bedroom house can sell for 2 million US Dollars plus in that area.

I also wonder if he might have been approached by a company wanting to buy his app/talents and could be under a NDA? hmm...
BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by BazzaLB »

Whatever the reason for his absence, I hope he is OK. Without bo3b this whole 3DVision would have died a decade ago. He has been the champion of 3DV and was instrumental is resurrecting 3DMigoto into a living breathing project once Chiri decided not to pursue it. Where would we be without his efforts. I had to wince at those interactions here with bo3b when I saw them initially all those months ago. I think bo3b's frustration has been brewing for some time and we all have our limits. He was very active in the HelixVision forums and then completely went MIA in August. Most important thing for me is that he is well.
11900K/3080 - Vive Pro - Sony 3DTV
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

And what is about Paul Dusler (Markus Guendert) ? Has he left the team last year ?

And is DarkStarSword still active ?

Bo3b created a repository on his github called Katanga in December 2022, thus i hope he is fine ! :D

But in my opinion the 3dfixmanager and Helixvision and even the whole dx9 and dx10 stuff will not be continued !

A small installer, for the dx11 nvidia 3dfixes, the geo-11 3dfixes and VK3Dvision, which should be a one click tool that every beginner understands, is needed. Perhaps it would be the best to leave the complete nvidia-dx11 stuff behind and support only geo-11 and VK3Dvision ?

Geo11 Manager is not good enough !

But even dx11 has no future, and we need a dx12 support (Z-Buffer) which makes competition to vorpx Z3D, for nearly every upcoming games !
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Using 3D became a mess time ago. It is nice, but a mess.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

Perhaps that is the reason why some beginners went to raving lunatic nerds and offended Bo3b.

For those who are not interested to dive in 3D Gaming and learn step by step how the different tools working, over a few month, must be said go away and play your casual games on your Quest 2 ! 3D Gaming is for lovers and enthusiasts, and not for the masses !
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

The way to maintain alive this is to make it easy for people, otherwise become a niche even smaller. Complexity only when strictly necessary.

Projects like 3DFM are a great thing for everybody..., pity that seems to be discontinued (maybe because with Geo-11 is much more complicated).
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
Feisty_Fernando

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

b4thman wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:17 am Using 3D became a mess time ago. It is nice, but a mess.
There's an initial learning curve but I don't have any issues other than some games refusing to engage 3D or no 3D fix available for the foreseeable future. I'm not sure I even tried HelixVision, put the vr away over a year ago and will come back to it at some point.
WilliamThompson
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by WilliamThompson »

EpsilonLyrae wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:54 pm I'd posted my comments on the community page, but it looks like bo3b is MIA in general. I witnessed a handful of pretty nasty interactions from people in the discord towards bo3b and frustration bubblingovo game on these forums, too, primarily fueled by people that didn't understand how to use the tools that were being provided.

I hope he's OK and ends up coming back. The most compatible elements of geo-11 (SBS/TAB/katanga_vr output) see continued development and support, but the dx9 path is beginning to stagnate. Lots of masterotaku's fixes (one of the more active fixers in the community these days...) do not properly work with dx9, having black screen, missing eye, or other issues....
I also think so
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr2000 »

so there is absolutely no way to buy or download helixvision now?
it is the best tool for many games
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr2000 »

there are tons of games with support for 3dvision
this forum still recommends nvidia cards with full 3dvision support

vr hardware is easier to find new than true 3dvision hardware and usually easier to setup than syncing glasses

2d-to-3d through HMD means using reshade or vorpx and hoping your games have profiles already...since making profiles yourself is very undocumented and/or complicated

seems the only alternative was helixvision

great thing about helixvision was it took 3dvision plus compatibility fixes and just output it directly to hmd's side by side lenses...technically it is a lot more simple than trying to use a shader-depth method, and there are tons of games compatible with it from like 20 years of community tweaking

now that helixvision is gone and nobody will share it or let me buy it directly from the author, i dont know what to do to access 3dvision games in a direct 3dvision-to-hmd method

do katanga and geo11 do exactly the same thing for the exact same games?

i dont know, i cant find a good explanation online...and even then how do you get those to work with a hmd?

can you just output katanga/geo-11 to vorpx desktopview or virtualdesktop on steam, and make your own helixvision that way?
relationripen
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by relationripen »

Cyber77 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:33 pm And what is about Paul Dusler (Markus Guendert) ? Has he left the team last year ?

And is DarkStarSword still active ?

Bo3b created a repository on his github called Katanga in December 2022, thus i hope he is fine ! :D

But in my opinion the 3dfixmanager and Helixvision and even the whole dx9 and dx10 stuff will not be continued !

A small installer, for the dx11 nvidia 3dfixes, the geo-11 3dfixes and VK3Dvision, which should be a one click tool that every beginner understands, is needed. Perhaps it would be the best to leave the complete nvidia-dx11 stuff behind and support only geo-11 and VK3Dvision ?

Geo11 Manager is not good enough !

But even dx11 has no future, and we need a dx12 support (Z-Buffer) which makes competition to vorpx Z3D, for nearly every upcoming games !
When utilizing an HMD for 2D-to-3D, you must use Vorpx or Reshade and hope that your games already have profiles because creating your own is difficult and/or poorly documented.
geo-11 3dfixes andbasketbros VK3Dvision

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”