Frame sequential Geo 11 compatibility and latest Nvidia drivers.

freetribes
One Eyed Hopeful

Frame sequential Geo 11 compatibility and latest Nvidia drivers.

Post by freetribes »

Hello,

I am looking for information about the compatibility of GEO11 the 3D frame sequential.
From what I understand the only way to run 3D frame sequential is to use GEO11's DX9 mode.
I cannot install the 512.15 driver with my RTX3090Ti card.
Can I still use GEO11's 3D frame sequential or not?

Thank you !
Dazzawill
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Frame sequential Geo 11 compatibility and latest Nvidia drivers.

Post by Dazzawill »

I believe DX9 mode is the only way to run Frame sequential in later drivers which is anything past 452.06. It has much more incompatibility issues than running DX11 with that driver and below, unfortunately. Since you are using a 3 series card Dx9 is your only option for Frame sequential.
Flint Eastwood
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Flint Eastwood »

Hello freetribes,
In theory you can use the latest nvidia-driver + the 3D-Vision driver 425.31 + geo11 (as long as the DX9-3DVision path is not destroyed by Nvidia).
But the DX11 games must run in exclusive fullscreen to use the DX9-3DVision Output. Borderless window doesn't work.
Some games can be set by config to fullscreen, some games can be forced to fullscreen.
The games still render in DX11, but geo11 takes that output and copies it to a second renderpath (DX9) into the 3D-Vision buffers to feed our 3D-Vision monitors or 3DTV-Play devices.

I'm using driver 517.48 at the moment with geo11 and it works good with the 3D-Vision glasses and an Asus PG248Q on my GTX 1070.
Well I could use older drivers with my GPU, but I'm tired of switching drivers back and forth (the old driver 452.22 gets more and more problems with newer games).
Kena for example looks brilliant in 3D, even if my GPU can hardly hold 24fps in 3D.
freetribes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by freetribes »

Hello,

OK ! So it can work with my configuration!
I'll try playing Kena to see. I tried with The Witcher 3, but the game cracks as soon as I choose the dx9 output.

Thanks for your feedback !

Thanks,
freetribes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by freetribes »

Flint Eastwood wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:24 pm Hello freetribes,
In theory you can use the latest nvidia-driver + the 3D-Vision driver 425.31 + geo11 (as long as the DX9-3DVision path is not destroyed by Nvidia).
But the DX11 games must run in exclusive fullscreen to use the DX9-3DVision Output. Borderless window doesn't work.
Some games can be set by config to fullscreen, some games can be forced to fullscreen.
The games still render in DX11, but geo11 takes that output and copies it to a second renderpath (DX9) into the 3D-Vision buffers to feed our 3D-Vision monitors or 3DTV-Play devices.

I'm using driver 517.48 at the moment with geo11 and it works good with the 3D-Vision glasses and an Asus PG248Q on my GTX 1070.
Well I could use older drivers with my GPU, but I'm tired of switching drivers back and forth (the old driver 452.22 gets more and more problems with newer games).
Kena for example looks brilliant in 3D, even if my GPU can hardly hold 24fps in 3D.
Hello;

Can you tell me how you made it work?
I am able to launch "Kena", but it crashes as soon as it arrives at the menu.

Thank you
Flint Eastwood
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Flint Eastwood »

Hmm, let me guess: Did you start the game with one of the batch-scripts belonging to the UE4-UF2 ?
I had similiar problems the first time: viewtopic.php?p=187241#p187241
Something is wrong with the scripts but I didn't had time to investigate this further.

- So please delete everything that belongs to the 3D-fixes from the "...\Kena Bridge of Spirits\Kena\Binaries\Win64\" folder. The folder should look like this:

Code: Select all

[RedpointEOS]
Kena-Win64-Shipping.exe
OpenImageDenoise.dll
tbb12.dll
- Delete all UE4 configs for KENA in "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Kena\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor". Dont worry, the game will recreate the configs.

1. Start the game and set the graphics to "Fullscreen" and "DirectX 11". Close the game.

2. From the UE4-UF2 only copy the following files and folders to "...\Kena Bridge of Spirits\Kena\Binaries\Win64\":

[ShaderFixes]
[ShaderFixesDM]
d3dx.ini
3. From the geo11 0.6.56 only copy the following files to "...\Kena Bridge of Spirits\Kena\Binaries\Win64\":

d3d11.dll
d3dcompiler_47.dll
d3dxdm.ini
nvapi64.dll
4. Open "d3dx.ini" in a text editor ( Notepad++ for example ) and set "force_stereo=2" . You should find the entry somewhere around line 776 . Save it.

5. Open "d3dxdm.ini" in a text editor and set "direct_mode = nvidia_dx9" . You should find the entry somewhere around line 27 . Save it.

6. Now start the game (Kena-Win64-Shipping.exe). The UAC prompt for rundll32 should pop up. Allow it with "YES". This is the point, where geo11 writes the Stereo-Profile.
The game should start in 3D now. Maybe you have to press "Ctrl+T" at least two times to enable Stereo-3D.
In the lower right corner should be the Stereo-Profile Info ("Ctrl+Alt+Ins"):

Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Rating: 3D-Vision Ready
UE4-Engine - Universal 3D-Vision-Fix
If it shows:

This application is not rated by NVIDIA Corp.
Rating: unknown
,then something went wrong (Geo11 0.6.90 BUG).

7. If everything works now, you can copy the three DLLs from Geo11 0.6.90, if you want to try:

d3d11.dll
d3dcompiler_47.dll
nvapi64.dll
I have the feeling that it is slightly faster than 0.6.56.
Remember: Maybe you have to press "Ctrl+T" at least two times to enable Stereo-3D.
Ryzen 7800X3D // 32GB RAM // GTX 1070 // 3D-Vision glasses + Asus PG248Q // Win10 Home 64bit 22H2 // Nvidia Driver v546.29
freetribes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by freetribes »

Hi!
I did exactly what you told me to.
But the game crash arrived at the menu...
I have the epicgame version. Maybe because of that?
Thanks
2023-01-07_16h14_50.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flint Eastwood
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Flint Eastwood »

Hm, for the EPIC store version I'm out of clues.
Maybe @Losti has more knowledge about that.
Could it help to disable any overlays by the epic games launcher?

Only thing I could imagine, that you have set "direct_mode = nvidia_dx11". Then the game crashes.
You could try to set "direct_mode = sbs" to check if Geo11 is correctly installed. If you get a side-by-side image, then Geo11 works and the problem is more directed to 3D-Vision drivers.

You gave us no information about your hardware/software constellation.
Installed nvidia-driver? And did you install the 3D vision driver 425.31 ? 3DFixManager is helpful for that.
It should look like that:
3DFixManager.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryzen 7800X3D // 32GB RAM // GTX 1070 // 3D-Vision glasses + Asus PG248Q // Win10 Home 64bit 22H2 // Nvidia Driver v546.29
freetribes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by freetribes »

Thank you for your answer !

I put the mode "direct_mode = nvidia_dx9"
But I realize that it concerns all my unreal games (I tested Kena, the witcher and Ghostwire)

I just have time to see the first menu in "3d" then it crashes :/

I put a screenshot of my configuration

Thanks again !
2023-01-07_17h56_03.png
EDIT: No problem in 3D SBS
EDIT2: No problem with directx9 games too
Flint Eastwood
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Flint Eastwood »

So you have no IR-emitter connected, are you trying with 3DTV-Play?

I was trying today with my Benq W1090 , but Kena always switches to 1080p@60Hz instead of using 1080P@24Hz FramePacking. So it doesn't crash for me, but I'm not able to trigger 3D on the projector. :(
freetribes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by freetribes »

Hello,
No transmitter connected. It seems to me that it is Nvidia 3DTV-Play which uses framepaking or framesequential.

I managed to make it work with other games (which are not designed with the unreal engine)

I have to set the resolution to 1080p@120Hz for the 3d to be triggered on my video projector.

Have a good day
Flint Eastwood
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Flint Eastwood »

@freetribes:
Did you read this for the Epic-Games-Version: viewtopic.php?p=187178#p187178 ?
Maybe it helps for your startup crashes.
freetribes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by freetribes »

Thank you for your answer, I will try that this weekend and I will let you know!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”