Best route for achieving SBS & TAB gaming on passive 3DTV?

PurpleSanz
One Eyed Hopeful

Best route for achieving SBS & TAB gaming on passive 3DTV?

Post by PurpleSanz »

Good morning! It's been a couple of years since the last time I played a 3D game on my LG 3DTV (1080p). Back then, there were some things that had to be done before accomplishing this: Installing 3D Vision, Installing 3DTV Play, installing a custom driver (Zalman, I think) for the 3DTV to be recognized as a 3D Vision compatible device, then installing a Helix Mod, then running the game, and finally, with a small app that we ran in the tray or via a registry hack, L/R had to be swapped to R/L and then it was finally done.

I've been reading this forum for around four hours and I am a little confused. Apparently, there are more methods now to achieve stereoscopic gaming, and apparently, any NVIDIA driver after 452.06 removed stereoscopic support for DX11. But also, there is this wonderful driver called Geo-11 which restores stereoscopic capabilities post 452.06?

Well, I went ahead and installed 3D Vision via 3D Fix Manager. I am assuming I don't need the custom Zalman driver, since it was showing me the setup already, which I could go through using my 3D glasses, and Stereoscopic 3D can now be enabled in control panel. Games don't show in 3D, of course, probably because I am on driver 473.47, but I tried the Geo-11 mode, selecting tab or sbs on d3dxdm.ini and it doesn't work either:

Dark Souls Remastered shows the same message in red (Failed to create direct mode mUpdateIniParamsCS shader), but there is only a black screen.

Is it because I am using an old GTX 660?, or is it because I really need to downgrade the driver to 452.06 (which, I really don't want to do if it can be avoided)? Maybe I'm just missing something?

I guess the main question is: What is the best current (2022) way to achieve stereoscopic gaming on a passive 3DTV using a non-RTX NVIDIA card? Can this be achieved as TAB / OU format? Would it be best to just downgrade my driver and go back to the method I used to use before? Is it possible to display 3DV as TAB (or SBS)?

Thank you in advance!
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Best route for achieving SBS & TAB gaming on passive 3DTV?

Post by The_Nephilim »

well if you are using Geo-11 you may not need to install the 3D Driver especially since you are using the newer drivers then 452.06.. try uninstalling 3D vision and give the game another try with Pure Geo-11, it just may be that the game will not work with the Geo-11, is there a demo mode for this game?
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

For LG TVs (line-interlaced passive 3D), always use TAB, not SBS, for best resolution. I suggest starting with geo-11 version of fixes, and TAB selected for display mode in .ini file. Use your TV’s remote to enable 3D. Geo-11 fixes work with the latest drivers.

For EDID-based approach, see viewtopic.php?t=23495.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”