Transformers: War For Cyberton - partial 3D fix from TFOC

Johnny3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Transformers: War For Cyberton - partial 3D fix from TFOC

Post by Johnny3D »

Attached is a new game profile for Transformers: War for Cybertron and the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron 3D fix patch by DHR and eqzitara
The game profile is set to pull this patch automatically. You'll probably need to change some of the install paths.

3D activates and works relatively well (based on a few minutes of gameplay), but there are shadow ghosting and lens flare issues.
According to DHR, the TFOC patch required extensive shader customization. By the time he was finished with it, he just didn't want to do it all over again for TWFC.

in the comments of the TFOC patchblog post, eqzitara said this about converting the patch for TWFC:

Activision modified UE3 for some weird reason, [no idea why] and since UE3 was so many shaders to fix it was too much of a pain to deal with those games since they were unique. They later reverted to just normal UE3. Prototype/aion profile will only work on a select few UE3. Keep in mind UE3 doesnt mean much. Modding them is nice because we know its compatible with helix debugger but there are seriously like 10 different versions. Everything is different for each. [..] Looks like the lensflares shader + motion blur are the same in both games. Deadpool/transformers. Deadpool's will fix the lensflares fyi. I didn't try to fix it with this game because I wasnt actively going to test it [and not my patch].

I'm not capable of customizing or compiling shaders. I figured I'd put it up in case anyone is interested. :shutter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Transformers: War For Cyberton - partial 3D fix from TFOC

Post by 3DNovice »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Transformers: War For Cyberton - partial 3D fix from TFOC

Post by Johnny3D »

Awesome. Thank you.
Yeah, I think these games perfectly understand the absurd, violent, surreal, heavy metal elements of Transformers, and those are the best parts.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”