geo-11: List of native Direct Mode games

bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

geo-11: List of native Direct Mode games

Post by bo3bber »

OK- anybody want to sign up for some google searching and experimentation? That will help us all out?

Davegl1234 added a cool new mode to geo-11 in current build, that will watch for any game that uses NVidia 3D Vision Direct Mode, and generates 3D natively in the game. This new approach spoofs the 3DVisionDriver, so you don't need to have the real one installed. It pretends to be 3D Vision so any game that uses the API directly will just think things are normal. Currently working great in Battlefield 3, and WIP on Tomb Raider.

I know this is confusing because we have too many things named "Direct Mode", including our nvidia_dx9 and nvidia_dx11 output modes. But this is for the game itself using the nvidia API, not us.

There are a small number of these games, and it would be great to get a comprehensive list of these so we try them out and see if they work. My best starting guess here will be the 3D Vision Ready listing in a freshly installed 4251.31 driver, as last best list, but if anyone has better results, please let us know.

What say you? Please give us your best suggestions and research. And even better, try them out if you can.

Native DX11 3D Vision games:
  • Battlefield 3
  • Tomb Raider
  • Hard Reset
  • Metro 2033
  • Max Payne 3
  • Arkham Origins
Last edited by bo3bber on Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: geo-11: List of native Direct Mode games

Post by costiq »

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossary:Native_3D
User:Dave247, is the latest contributor. Coincidence (?) :o
mistersvin21
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by mistersvin21 »

Hard Reset
Metro 2033
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I know that two of the games on that PCGW list are OpenGL

Doom 3: BFG Edition
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (only has anaglyph support)
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zerofool »

bo3bber wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:37 pm if anyone has better results, please let us know.
bo3b, please clarify if you're interested in Direct3D 11 games only, or games using other APIs are also of use to you? Is this spoofing trick universal or meant for DX11 only?

Off the top of my head, these are the games missing from the list costiq provided which I remember playing back in the day that had native support:

D3D9:
  • Trine and Trine Enchanted Edition
  • Resident Evil 5 (the retail version; the Steam version had this feature removed :()
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - one of those "The way it's meant to be played" games, it had PhysX support, etc.
  • Avatar: The Game (2009) - I only played the demo and I'm not 100% sure it had 3D Vision support, but I remember it had native SBS/OU outputs. I think the demo can still be found online, unlike the actual game (good job Ubisoft :D)
  • Spintires (has locked convergence)
  • Mudrunner (convergence is unlocked but the GUI gets displaced when playing too much with sep/conv)
  • Left 4 Dead 1 - If I remember correctly, it was one of the games Nvidia used to demo 3D Vision - it had the crosshair and player names floating at the proper depth. Not sure if the dozens of patches since than broke anything, haven't played it since L4D2 was released.
  • Starcraft II (the initial Wings of Liberty release had it, but later it was removed from the cinematics and disappeared altogether from the menu options; to my knowledge it still works for the gameplay, haven't tested it recently; I used Tridef the last time I played).
  • Diablo III (similarly to SCII, it had native support initially but was later broken by Blizzard, so it needs the fix)
D3D10
  • Avatar: The Game (2009) - same as the D3D9 entry; PCGW says the game also has D3D10 mode. Now I'm intrigued and want to give it a try for the old time's sake.
D3D11
  • Snowrunner (like Mudrunner - convergence is unlocked but GUI gets displaced when playing too much with sep/conv; also volumetric fog is somewhat broken but can be disabled)

P.S.: I just stumbled upon this list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... eady_games
So many games I didn't know had native support :shock: (like L.A. Noire, The Witcher 2, the Batman sequels, Duke Nukem Forever, Mafia II, etc.) It would be cool if we can confirm their current status (sorry that I'm not much a of a help in this regard)

P.P.S.: Greyed out the games without 3D option in the launcher/menus, as suggested below.
Last edited by Zerofool on Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nV 3DTV Play, Geo-11, Tridef on 2014 55" Samsung H7000 (aka H7150) @ 1080p60 Checkerboard-3D | Valve Index | RTX 2080Ti, i7-6700K, 32GB 3200CL14, 1+2TB SSDs | Win10 v2004 | DAN A4-SFX | G27
terintamel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by terintamel »

I believe these have native 3d support as in 3d is an option in game or from the game launcher.

These are games I own, but some I have not installed or played for a while.

Deus Ex Human Revolution - NOT directors cut (dx11)
Deus Ex Mankind Divided (dx11)
Arkham Asylum (dx9)
Arkham City (dx9/10)
Arkham Origins (dx11)
Max Payne 3 (DX 9/10/11)
Metro 2033/Last Light
LA Noire (dx9 only?)
Duke Nukem Forever
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zerofool »

terintamel wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:36 pm I believe these have native 3d support as in 3d is an option in game or from the game launcher.
Oh, I see. In this case, I have nothing to add to the PCGW or wikipedia lists :oops:

Edit: A correction - I thought of two other titles with native 3D support, 3D Vision included in the launcher- not exactly games but still... :)
  • Unigine Valley Benchmark
  • Unigine Heaven Benchmark
Both have DX9/DX11/OGL render paths.
Their latest benchmark - Superposition - drops 3D displays support in favor of VR benchmarking.
nV 3DTV Play, Geo-11, Tridef on 2014 55" Samsung H7000 (aka H7150) @ 1080p60 Checkerboard-3D | Valve Index | RTX 2080Ti, i7-6700K, 32GB 3200CL14, 1+2TB SSDs | Win10 v2004 | DAN A4-SFX | G27
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Zerofool wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:14 pm bo3b, please clarify if you're interested in Direct3D 11 games only, or games using other APIs are also of use to you? Is this spoofing trick universal or meant for DX11 only?
Yes. This list is not intended to be every game that supports alternate modes. That's not what I meant in the OP.

The goal of this list is to find games we can test using Dave's new spoofing mechanism for Direct Mode 3D Vision games. Games that were 3D Vision Ready back in the day. I think maybe you guys are missing the goal here. This is geo-11 related- hence the title, and only Direct Mode games from the past. So SBS or anything anaglyph is not very interestng here.

It'd be extra great if you can try a game you think might work and let us know.

Thanks for looking.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

So far, I have tried the following dx11/direct mode/3DV Ready games (on my Laptop - configuration in my signature - in TAB):

Batman: Arkham Origins (works, but shaders broken)
Batman: Arkham City (works, but shaders broken)
Tomb Raider (works, but shaders broken)
3D Vision Rig: i7-9700/RTX 2070/W10/Driver 452.06/ASUS VG278H
Geo-11/DX 12 (Superdepth3D) Rig: Alienware M15 Laptop/RTX3070/Latest Driver/Win11/Passive 3DTV/Nreal Air/Quest Pro
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

bo3bber wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:37 pm Davegl1234 added a cool new mode to geo-11 in current build, that will watch for any game that uses NVidia 3D Vision Direct Mode, and generates 3D natively in the game. This new approach spoofs the 3DVisionDriver, so you don't need to have the real one installed. It pretends to be 3D Vision so any game that uses the API directly will just think things are normal. Currently working great in Battlefield 3, and WIP on Tomb Raider.
Is it possible to make GTA 5, which also uses Direct Mode, to use this new approach? It does work with the old approach as well, but it might fix some graphic issues mentioned in viewtopic.php?t=26268
TonyMontana
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TonyMontana »

Just Cause 2
- Which is in my opinion a great example of a 3D Vision ready game, but I'm not sure if it actually uses Direct Mode.
However, it will be much appreciated if you add this one alongside the reboot Tomb Raider Trilogy (2013, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider) to be fully compatible with geo-11!
:shutter 3D Vision Surround user since 2010 :shutter

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”