Geo-11 Assetto Corsa Competizione

petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Geo-11 Assetto Corsa Competizione

Post by petermg »

It "works" as in it will allow me to set it to TAB or SBS, but it just looks exactly the same, the right and left eye look exactly the same, no 3D effect, even though Geo11 loads up and I can adjust convergence and separation but the image stays the same, nothing changes.
I tried the "fix" first and it didn't work but I will try it again for more specifics.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Geo-11 Assetto Corsa Competizione

Post by The_Nephilim »

OK what drivers and 3D DEvices are you using could be helpfull..

EDIT: I had some incorrect info here so I deleted it per request.. Thnx for the Correction Bo3b I am going to retry Arma3 then..
Last edited by The_Nephilim on Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

The_Nephilim wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:33 pm OK what drivers and 3D DEvices are you using could be helpfull.. One thing to note the old fixes will not work unless maybe if they where DX9 games.. as Geo-11 only dumps the shaders in ASM and all 3D Migoto fixes are mostly done in HLSL so the fixes will not work..

They may work if the game was a DX9 game as that uses ASM but maybe with Geo11 they will need to rehunt the new shaders.. so most times the fixes usually will not help..I was gonna take a look but the game is 40bucks :(
Yeah I think I got it on sale a while ago for super cheap?
I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers and using the stereoscopic driver as well, which is working with many games out of the box, UT3 for example. I'm using a Sony BRAVIA XBR 55X850B 4K 3D passive display with the EDID hack to make it appear as an approved 3D Passive display by Nvidia, an Acer HR274H.
I just tried the fix again, the game loads but just loads normally, no 3D. I tried with the driver hack that 3DFM recommended and without. Also with the new and old version of 3DMigoto that it recommended and automatically installed. I'm going to see if it's possible to launch the game in DX9 and report back. The reason is because when the fix launches it, Steam tells me that the game is being launch with the option "-dx11". So... I'll see what happens if I put "-dx9". Because if that works then I'll see if it just runs automatically in 3D or try to use dgVooDoo2.
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

Ok it only runs in DX11.
I'm making SOME progress. With the "fix" set to using 3DVision I just copy over the Geo11 files and set force_stereo=2 it works for SBS or TAB. However I need interlaced. So when I try to use Reshade and 3D2Else, the game crashes soon after the title screen... :\
however, if I run it in 1080p and set my monitor manually to 3D TAB, the 3D looks correct, just very low resolution. I need interlaced because when in 4K my screen will not allow me to switch into a 3D mode. So the only way I can see 3D while in 4K is interlaced already.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

yes I dont think interlaced is working yet, I would check the blog tho to be sure.. yes sounds like you have a very tricky setup.. :)
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

The_Nephilim wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:33 pm OK what drivers and 3D DEvices are you using could be helpfull.. One thing to note the old fixes will not work unless maybe if they where DX9 games.. as Geo-11 only dumps the shaders in ASM and all 3D Migoto fixes are mostly done in HLSL so the fixes will not work..

They may work if the game was a DX9 game as that uses ASM but maybe with Geo11 they will need to rehunt the new shaders.. so most times the fixes usually will not help..I was gonna take a look but the game is 40bucks :(
Sorry, this is wrong, please correct that post, as it's already confusing enough for everyone.

The HLSL shaders in any given fix WILL be loaded and converted just like normal. So any fix using HLSL will still continue to work, within the constraints of geo-11 being incomplete and maybe missing some matching driver heuristics.

The part that does not yet work is shaderhacking, using F10 to reload HLSL shaders that have been edited, and also Marking shaders goes to the ShaderFixesDM folder and are not dumped as HLSL. Maybe soon.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

petermg wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:32 pm Ok it only runs in DX11.
I'm making SOME progress. With the "fix" set to using 3DVision I just copy over the Geo11 files and set force_stereo=2 it works for SBS or TAB. However I need interlaced. So when I try to use Reshade and 3D2Else, the game crashes soon after the title screen... :\
however, if I run it in 1080p and set my monitor manually to 3D TAB, the 3D looks correct, just very low resolution. I need interlaced because when in 4K my screen will not allow me to switch into a 3D mode. So the only way I can see 3D while in 4K is interlaced already.
Direct Interlaced mode coming soon, maybe today or tomorrow. Also will include all _reverse forms.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

bo3bber wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:32 pm

Sorry, this is wrong, please correct that post, as it's already confusing enough for everyone.

The HLSL shaders in any given fix WILL be loaded and converted just like normal. So any fix using HLSL will still continue to work, within the constraints of geo-11 being incomplete and maybe missing some matching driver heuristics.

The part that does not yet work is shaderhacking, using F10 to reload HLSL shaders that have been edited, and also Marking shaders goes to the ShaderFixesDM folder and are not dumped as HLSL. Maybe soon.
OK sorry about that Bo3b I just thought I was correct. thnx for the correction and I fixed that post.. ;) cheers!!
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

bo3bber wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:33 pm
petermg wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:32 pm Ok it only runs in DX11.
Direct Interlaced mode coming soon, maybe today or tomorrow. Also will include all _reverse forms.
AWESOME!! Thank you so much! Also I have seen people saying they are using Geo11 version 0.6.40 but I only see 0.6.38 here
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2022/06/an ... river.html
I heard someone say they took it from the UE4 fix. Is that advisable? Because I guess 0.6.40 is in there. Any advantages? I noticed it was still not showing on that main page so I'm guessing I should stick with 0.6.38 for now?
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

petermg wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:35 pm AWESOME!! Thank you so much! Also I have seen people saying they are using Geo11 version 0.6.40 but I only see 0.6.38 here
I heard someone say they took it from the UE4 fix. Is that advisable? Because I guess 0.6.40 is in there. Any advantages? I noticed it was still not showing on that main page so I'm guessing I should stick with 0.6.38 for now?
Losti just grabs whatever is top-of-tree when he makes any changes, so it might be more up to date version wise. Perfectly OK, especially because he does some critical testing to be sure nothing got fubared on changes. Newer is not always better no matter what NVidia says.

There is no value in me spending my time updating for every build though, so I'll only update the blog post when there is something worthwhile for end-users. Lots of changes we make only helps shaderhackers, or fix totally obscure things that regular users don't care about.
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

bo3bber wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:05 pm
petermg wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:35 pm AWESOME!! Thank you so much! Also I have seen people saying they are using Geo11 version 0.6.40 but I only see 0.6.38 here
Losti just grabs whatever is top-of-tree when he makes any changes, so it might be more up to date version wise. Perfectly OK, especially because he does some critical testing to be sure nothing got fubared on changes. Newer is not always better no matter what NVidia says.

There is no value in me spending my time updating for every build though, so I'll only update the blog post when there is something worthwhile for end-users. Lots of changes we make only helps shaderhackers, or fix totally obscure things that regular users don't care about.
Thanks! Happy to see the new release just now with interlacing support👍👍👍

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”