Geo-11, Helixmod, helixVision, 3DFixManager, Reshade SD3D?!?!?!?!?!? I'm so LOST!

petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Geo-11, Helixmod, helixVision, 3DFixManager, Reshade SD3D?!?!?!?!?!? I'm so LOST!

Post by petermg »

Ok, so I love this forum!!! I love it SO MUCH!!! My peeps! I love making 2D stuff run in 3D!! Been doing it since the 90's with that active 3D glasses that you had to plug into your Nvidia card!
I'm just so confused right now about what I need to install to get this working on more games!?
There's Geo-11? Is that a standalone app or a plugin for ReShade? Or a plugin for 3DFixManager or do I need to get HelixVision for that to work!? I don't know how to use Geo-11. I know how to use SD3D with ReShade, but someone told me that Geo-11 is BETTER because it is actual 3D Geometry whereas SD3D isn't??? I've been looking online to try to figure this out and I'm still lost, sorry :\
My specs:
1080TI 55" Sony 4K 3D Passive LCD as my monitor :)
My OTHER pc uses a 3070 but does NOT have a 3D display although I have used SD3D with ReShade via Anaglyph for testing.
Please help me out. Thanks!
Also I found this web site: 3dsurroundgaming.com which seems to have a lot of info but am also confused about like do I need Vk3DVision or is that built into 3DFixManager now!?!?
Thanks again! I love this place!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Geo-11, Helixmod, helixVision, 3DFixManager, Reshade SD3D?!?!?!?!?!? I'm so LOST!

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Geo-11, Helixmod, helixVision, 3DFixManager, Reshade SD3D?!?!?!?!?!? I'm so LOST!

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:53 am NOTE:.....

When using Geo-11 some community fixes still work, some will be broken. Plus some other issues like game Engine compatibility,
crashes, etc... may present a problem.

If having an issue with Geo-11 please use the forum search feature to search for the appropriate game thread and post any issues there. If one doesn't exist, start one, but be sure to pre-fix the thread title with Geo-11 (must be logged in to use forum search)

Of course, please be sure to check HelixModBlogSpot for an updated Ge0-11 version or for any community fixes that have been updated for Geo-11 compatibility.
Thank you so much for the info. I'm still unclear on how to use Geo-11. For example, I read that it doesn't need the OLDER Nvidia drivers. So do I just extract the files to the game directory where the game exe is? This post here:
viewtopic.php?t=26264
Says that I first have to install the "helix mod fix", so I'm assuming that's the "3D Fix" from the 3DFix Manager?
Then it says to "Open geo-11 zip file, and drag in three files from the proper x32 or x64 folder that matches your game bitness. You want d3d11.dll, nvapi64.dll, d3dxdm.ini."
Ok then it tells me how to modify the ini file for what I want, ok. But then how am I supposed to LAUNCH the game in 3D using the latest drivers since I have read that it works with the latest drivers, I do NOT have a 3D vision display, it's a Passive 3D display and up until recently I've just been using TriDef via Line Interlacing for 3D. Thanks again for your help!!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:52 pm
petermg wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:09 pm I do NOT have a 3D vision display, it's a Passive 3D display and up until recently I've just been using TriDef via Line Interlacing for 3D. Thanks again for your help!!
Geo-11 does not support Line Interlaced (currently), you'll need to input Top and Bottom or Side by Side using your 3070.

Using the 1080ti, just use the 4K EDID override and play games normally using 425.31

viewtopic.php?t=23495

I do not use 3DFM, so I can not answer anything in regards to it
Hey thank you so much! I just got Geo-11 working and yeah I noticed no interlacing right now, so I'll just go with the older drivers. In order to get Geo-11 working I copied EVERYTHING from the x64 folder and put it into the same directory as the game exe. Then it worked. BTW, and maybe this has been talked about a lot on here but doing racing sims with a FFB wheel and 3D 4K is UNBELIEVABLE!!!
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

petermg wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:09 pm I do NOT have a 3D vision display, it's a Passive 3D display and up until recently I've just been using TriDef via Line Interlacing for 3D. Thanks again for your help!!
Geo-11 does not support Line Interlaced (currently), you'll need to input Top and Bottom or Side by Side using your 3070.

Using the 1080ti, just use the 4K EDID override and play games normally using 425.31

viewtopic.php?t=23495

Also what is the 4K EDID override? I know about downgrading to the older drivers but how do I do the 4K EDID override? I've not seen that mentioned before.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:35 pm Interlaced is only supported by Nvidia if using one of three monitors, the ACER GR235H or ACER HR274H or Zalman ZM-M240W

https://3dvision-blog.com/7163-make-you ... 3d-vision/
https://3dvision-blog.com/8158-what-sho ... -solution/
https://3dvision-blog.com/8483-how-to-i ... windows-8/

So by using the Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) from a supported display on an unsupported display, the driver is tricked.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... itor-edids

With the release of 4K Passive 3D HDTVs, a few users updated the old EDIDs to contain the relevant information for 4K resolution

Inputing Interlaced is a better option because then the TV does not have to convert the input 3D format, which adds a minuscule amount of lag.
AWESOME! Thanks. Also someone tipped me off on the discord server that I can use a ReShade filter (3DToElse) to convert TAB to Interlaced, which might have been the lag you were talking about when you said that inputing interlaced is better so that the TV doesn't have to convert the input 3D format. Is that what you meant?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

viewtopic.php?t=23495

I was able to do the EDID trick, but sadly, as one of the links you posted pointed out, an issue with this is that the interlacing of the lines for 3D is INVERTED, which means I have to wear my glasses upside down for it to look correct :\
I'm a bit surprised at how difficult this has been so far. I mean TriDef just worked and even has the options for inverted interlaced or regular. I didn't have to use any EDID tricks. Am I doing something wrong or is all this hackery the state of 3D gaming right now? :|
I'm so confused. Maybe the 3D Fix Manager is causing a lot of confusion?
3D "fixes", for what? SO. MANY. DIFFERENT. "WRAPPERS". DX9, DX11, OPENGL, VULKAN. Wrappers for what? For the Nvidia 3D Vision driver or? I feel like I'm going crazy.
3DTV Play, which I can't seem to find, maybe that's really all I need?
I thought I was a techy person but I'm starting to wonder if everyone else just is way more advanced and this all seems simple to everyone else and I'm just not getting it or it really is this frustrating?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

3DNovice wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:32 am If it's too complicated go back to TriDef?

If you had bothered to read the link, you'd see Eyeswapper or Advanced 3DVision Configuration, which would remedy the issue.
I'm fairly certain that 3DFixManager also has eye reversal.
Eye reversal is also in 3DMigoto's d3dx.ini for 3D Vision, SbS and Top and Bottom, if I remember correctly. It's labeled as "reverse"

Answers are in the forum, if you want to bother using the search feature and if you thoroughly read posts.

search.php?keywords=eye+reversal

Yah, Nvidia's poop is a mess, I'd recommend that you buy a 3D Vision Kit and certified monitor if you want it to be easier.

Note: If you use Advanced 3DVision Configuration and lock the registry, do not forget that you may need to unlock it, if needed.
I think 3DFixManager locks and auto unlocks the registry each time, if I remember correctly from the development thread on the old forums.

Most guys with a 4K Passive, just use 3DMigoto's Top and Bottom (dx11 games only)
Thanks for the info. I did read the post, however it entirely missed me that those apps would be the solution.
I think I might be asking the wrong questions also. I've been watching videos and guides that I have found here:
http://3dsurroundgaming.com/HowTo.html
and on http://fixmanager.markus-guendert.de/
and on
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/search/label/geo-11

I'm still trying to understand what everything is. Like for example, TriDef was a standalone app that enabled 3D on it's own, from what I understand. It was some type of driver. It didn't matter if Nvidia supported 3D in their drivers or not, as evidenced by the fact that I can still use it fine with the latest drivers from Nvidia and TriDef still works. However it doesn't work on some newer games, which is why I'm looking for another solution.
Now I'm trying to understand what Geo-11 is. Is it a standalone app? Kinda like ReShade, or does it require the a specific Nvidia driver and modification?
What is HelixMod? Is that also a standalone driver/app like TriDef that doesn't depend on Stereoscopic support in the Nvidia drivers, or is it some type of wrapper/hack that only works with Nvidia drivers that support 3D?
Same question for 3DMigoto? Is that a standalone app? A wrapper for the last Nvidia driver that supports 3d?
I'm trying to understand the software hierarchy at play here as well.
I've also gone on the discord and looked around on there. I look for pinned comments there and stickies in the forum hoping to find direct to the point answers to my questions. Maybe this info is already in a post somewhere and I overlooked it?
I honestly really do appreciate your help, thank you!
I think for my passive 4K I will go with your advice, I will do TAB. Then I will use ReShade to convert it to line interlaced.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

3DNovice wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:28 pm As stated in prior post...
Helixmod, is a wrapper exclusively for dx9 games and is used to fix broken effects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwaakXn13pI

There are some dx9/dx11 games that work out of the box, but they are few and far between. So go figure, you need a way to fix them.
Watch the entire video, perhaps you can gleen something from it.

Umm, 3DMigoto, refer to previous post, do I really need to repost that it is used to fix broken effects?

You should really get out of the pool, dry off and then try dipping in a toe. Since you are so overwhelmed.
Use your 1080ti with 425.31 and your projector via a "direct" HDMI connection and start with 720P@60/3DTV Play and play some games using 3DFM

And simply forget about Geo-11 and your 3070 until you gain some familiarity.

Also do not forget to enable "Set Keyboard Shortcuts" in NvCP
Using 3Dmigoto to fix broken effects...? So then what about a game that doesn't have any broken effects? How do I launch it in 3D if I'm not using something like TriDef?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

3DNovice wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:37 pm
3DNovice wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:28 pm Use your 1080ti with 425.31 and your projector via a "direct" HDMI connection and start with 720P@60/3DTV Play and play some games using 3DFM

Just do this...
Ditch 3DFM, go to Helixmodblogspot and download a fix, follow the directions carefully and manually install it.
Note: Some of the fixes are old and might have broke due to a game update.
If having a problem with a game, use the search function and post in the existing thread, if there is one.
Note: threads prefixed with Geo-11 are for Ge0-11 issues only!!

Forget about other games, just play one that is fixed. I'm not about to hand hold through some "other" game that you want to play.
Too many eccentrics come into play when trying to get a game to start in 3D, if it does not "simply work"

You should simply concentrate on what is known and easily working Forget about EDID overrides, Geo-11, your 3070 etc...
Or stop smoking, pill popping or drinking, if it is what is hindering your comprehension

GL, perhaps others will chime in to help, but I'm throwing in the towel

If you want someone else to help, you could do something silly, like mention the "other games" that you allude to.
Know this, community fixes are typically unavailable for MMOs, due to continuous updates breaking the fix and multi-player due to vac bans.
So I guess the "fixes" are for the games that don't just "work"? I thought that since Nvidia stopped Stereoscopic 3D support a while ago that that was it. But I used 3DFixManager to install the stereoscopic driver on my system with my 1080ti with the LATEST Nvidia drivers, and EDID 4K 3D Passive display and I tried some games and they just automatically ran in 3D! NICE! I tried UT3 and Transformers: Devastation. So I think that's where I was confused. I thought these were things to enable 3D but they are just to FIX broken 3D where it should already work. I'll look into those threads you posted. Thanks!
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

petermg wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:09 pm
3DNovice wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:37 pm
3DNovice wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:28 pm Use your 1080ti with 425.31 and your projector via a "direct" HDMI connection and start with 720P@60/3DTV Play and play some games using 3DFM

Just do this...
Ditch 3DFM, go to Helixmodblogspot and download a fix, follow the directions carefully and manually install it.
Note: Some of the fixes are old and might have broke due to a game update.
If having a problem with a game, use the search function and post in the existing thread, if there is one.
Note: threads prefixed with Geo-11 are for Ge0-11 issues only!!

Forget about other games, just play one that is fixed. I'm not about to hand hold through some "other" game that you want to play.
Too many eccentrics come into play when trying to get a game to start in 3D, if it does not "simply work"

You should simply concentrate on what is known and easily working Forget about EDID overrides, Geo-11, your 3070 etc...
Or stop smoking, pill popping or drinking, if it is what is hindering your comprehension

GL, perhaps others will chime in to help, but I'm throwing in the towel

If you want someone else to help, you could do something silly, like mention the "other games" that you allude to.
Know this, community fixes are typically unavailable for MMOs, due to continuous updates breaking the fix and multi-player due to vac bans.
So I guess the "fixes" are for the games that don't just "work"? I thought that since Nvidia stopped Stereoscopic 3D support a while ago that that was it. But I used 3DFixManager to install the stereoscopic driver on my system with my 1080ti with the LATEST Nvidia drivers, and EDID 4K 3D Passive display and I tried some games and they just automatically ran in 3D! NICE! I tried UT3 and Transformers: Devastation. So I think that's where I was confused. I thought these were things to enable 3D but they are just to FIX broken 3D where it should already work. I'll look into those threads you posted. Thanks!
Wow and NOW I got Geo-11 working with Dirt Rally 2.0 outputting to TAB then being converted to line interleaved via ReShade. All on the latest Nvidia drivers. This is just SICK!!!!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

3DNovice wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:58 pm Not many racing games were fixed, unpopular genre among the shaderhackers.

But, on a side note: Dirt Rally 2 actually has mods that leverage 3DMigoto to alter things unrelated to 3D
Such as this https://www.nexusmods.com/wrcfiaworldra ... hip/mods/3
I'm unsure of the compatibilty between the 3D Fix and mods.
I'm surprised to hear that racing games were unpopular. It added a new dimension of fun that I don't even have playing them in VR. I'm particular about 3D. I especially enjoy it when it's very clear, 4K Passive 3D for example, gives a vertical 1080p resolution. I don't like 3D nearly as much when it's lower resolution, because it looks muddy.
Playing Dirt 3 Complete Edition in 3D on my 55" 4K passive 3D display with a Thustmaster TMX FFB Racing Wheel is a level of fun that I've never experienced in gaming before, and I've been gaming for decades. I also have a ton of VR games and hardware and I absolutely love playing games in VR. So I'm a bit taken aback when I find that playing racing sims on a 3D monitor in realspace is even more fun than it is in VR. It's like looking through a window. Maybe it's partly because of how much clearer it looks than it would in VR? Maybe it's because it looks like it's mixed with part of the physical world having a window in the room showing depth of a computer generated simulation. I'm not sure exactly but it's incredible. I'm expecting anyone else who has tried this would also feel the same way but I've not looked around yet.
Interesting thing to note is that I came here trying to figure all this out because TriDef would NOT work with Dirt Rally 2. And as I posted yesterday I now have it working with Geo11 and it looks great. However a few days ago I used SD3D with ReShade via the Depth Buffer method and I have to say it looked 95% the same, which is great because that method was SUPER easy to set up. It wasn't perfect but it really was very close, for example when switching to the behind the view of the car, you can't see through the back window toward the front of the car with any depth. It just looks like a 2D picture was put on the back of the car of whatever you would see looking toward the front. Minor issue really as I almost never use that view and even so was only a very small part of the picture. Also very minimal haloing effects that I would only very seldom notice. OFC the menus looked weird still though but overall fully playable and enjoyable.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

3DNovice wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:03 pm F1, Forza, Asseto Corsa, Project Cars 2, are a few that come to mind.

Project Cars has a fix, but that game was constantly getting updates that broke the fix.

If I recall correctly, Dirt 3.0 was supposedly a 3D Vision ready game.

Not many games were 3DVision Ready and Nvidia did not implement fixes on their own, relying on developers to integrate stereoscopic gameplay.

Nvidia has some profile settings that can help, but in most cases they are worthless, with the exception of the "stereo texture enable and "stereoflagdx10"
http://wiki.bo3b.net/index.php?title=Dr ... e_Settings

Stereotextureenable will sometimes enable a game to stereoize and launch in 3D.
Stereoflagdx10 can resolve issues in dx11 games when one eye doesn't seem to be rendering.
http://wiki.bo3b.net/index.php?title=Dr ... 02442fc.29

TRANSFORMERS: Devastation has a fix, did you not try it?
https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/04/t ... ation.html
same with UT3
https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/01/u ... t-iii.html

If issues with either game start a new thread, if there is not an existing one. Give specifics, OS+version#, driver, display, gpu

In some cases, right clicking the exe of a game and choosing "disable fullscreen optizations" is needed when playing on W10
using old fixes. In some cases on newer ones as well.
Regarding UT3 and Transformers, no I didn't install any fix at all. Just enabled Stereoscopic 3D after 3DFixManager installed the stereoscopic driver on my system and they look and run perfectly in 3D. I wonder if something changed since the fix was released?
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

I just noticed that I don't need to use 3D2Else ReShade filter to do interlacing. I can do it right from Geo-11. I just have to set direct_mode = nvidia_dx9 in d3dxdm.ini, then ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini to set global persist $mode = 6.
Very cool...
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

petermg wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:26 pm I just noticed that I don't need to use 3D2Else ReShade filter to do interlacing. I can do it right from Geo-11. I just have to set direct_mode = nvidia_dx9 in d3dxdm.ini, then ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini to set global persist $mode = 6.
Very cool...
Super great find, thanks for sharing that. That also means that people who need to swap eyes for whatever reason also have an option, as the sbsshader has those options.
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

bo3bber wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:49 pm
petermg wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:26 pm I just noticed that I don't need to use 3D2Else ReShade filter to do interlacing. I can do it right from Geo-11. I just have to set direct_mode = nvidia_dx9 in d3dxdm.ini, then ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini to set global persist $mode = 6.
Very cool...
Super great find, thanks for sharing that. That also means that people who need to swap eyes for whatever reason also have an option, as the sbsshader has those options.
Nice! I did find however that I cannot use the upscaling feature of Geo11 when using nvidia_dx9. Seems it only works with direct_mode set to either sbs or tab. I've got some games that aren't very performant at 4k, so I set them at a lower resolution, like 2560x1440. They still look great and usually run phenomenally faster, but I need it to be upscaled to 4K for interlaced 3D. So in those cases I set it to TAB and then use 3D2Else and put that as interlaced. I just noticed that 3D2Else also has the option to swap eyes. It's nice having choices ;)
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

petermg wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:43 pm Nice! I did find however that I cannot use the upscaling feature of Geo11 when using nvidia_dx9. Seems it only works with direct_mode set to either sbs or tab. I've got some games that aren't very performant at 4k, so I set them at a lower resolution, like 2560x1440. They still look great and usually run phenomenally faster, but I need it to be upscaled to 4K for interlaced 3D. So in those cases I set it to TAB and then use 3D2Else and put that as interlaced. I just noticed that 3D2Else also has the option to swap eyes. It's nice having choices ;)
We have so many options... it's hard to make sense of it.

For the nvidia_dx9 output mode, that's very much a work in progress, so you can expect broken games, and missing functionality. HelixModding is more of a long haul type thing, we make slow steady progress, for years and years.

For that mode, you don't need upscaling though, which is why I didn't implement it. Typically you will need to force the game into exclusive fullscreen, which means the game runs at whatever resolution you have set, but is scaled appropriately for the display by the GPU.
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

bo3bber wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:10 pm
petermg wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:43 pm Nice! I did find however that I cannot use the upscaling feature of Geo11 when using nvidia_dx9. Seems it only works with direct_mode set to either sbs or tab. I've got some games that aren't very performant at 4k, so I set them at a lower resolution, like 2560x1440. They still look great and usually run phenomenally faster, but I need it to be upscaled to 4K for interlaced 3D. So in those cases I set it to TAB and then use 3D2Else and put that as interlaced. I just noticed that 3D2Else also has the option to swap eyes. It's nice having choices ;)
We have so many options... it's hard to make sense of it.

For the nvidia_dx9 output mode, that's very much a work in progress, so you can expect broken games, and missing functionality. HelixModding is more of a long haul type thing, we make slow steady progress, for years and years.

For that mode, you don't need upscaling though, which is why I didn't implement it. Typically you will need to force the game into exclusive fullscreen, which means the game runs at whatever resolution you have set, but is scaled appropriately for the display by the GPU.
On my display, when using nvidia_dx9, it ONLY fills the screen when the games is set to 4K, otherwise it's a smaller screen with black bars around it depending on my resolution. It doesn't scale unless I set up scaling in the Nvidia Control Panel. But if I do that, 3D is broken because it ALSO UPSCALES the interlacing and then it doesn't match with the actual lines on my display and it's broken. That's where TAB comes in instead of nvidia_dx9. I use TAB combined with the upscaling option of Geo11. This upscales a lower than native resolution game up to 4K, saves on performance. But at 4K my TV will not allow me to select 3D mode. So I just use 3D2Else to go from TAB to interlaced and BOOM! I would be nice not needing to do all these extra steps and maybe for an active 3D Vision display this wouldn't be needed, but for my interlaced display it is needed for some reason. :\
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”