geo-11 Grand Theft Auto V Benchmarks

Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Re: geo-11 Grand Theft Auto V Benchmarks

Post by Zappologist »

I got this working, performance is great, it's really incredible that geo11 can even enhance native 3D games. Great job, Dave and Bo3b!

Here are a few things I had to do, to make it work, in case it helps someone:
1. Copy d3dx.ini as well, in addition to the three files we usually have to copy, since GTA5 does not have it already. Remember to switch hunting off.
2. Bo3b's guide does not mention in which file we must add the TextureOverride section, so I added it in both d3dx.ini and d3dxdm.ini, but I think it only needs to go in d3dxdm.ini.
3. Only the direct modes work (sbs/tab), don't bother with DX11/9
4. If the 3D does not seem to trigger, switch resolution scaling on and off in advanced graphics settings (forgot how it's called)
5. If you have broken shadows, it might be caused by changing the depth or convergence with the geo11 hotkeys. It seems that the shadows are correct only at the default values (80 and 3) so press F10 to revert to default and see if it fixes the shadows.

Which leads me to the main issue I have with this: convergence is too damn high for my setup, and I cannot change it. If I change depth or convergence with the geo11 shortcuts, the shadows break. If I try to do it with the in-game setting, it has no impact.
Anyone has any idea how to solve this?

If we could adjust depth/convergence, and maybe also get an interlaced mode (or a working DX11 mode), this would be really something. One of the greatest games ever made, in perfect 3D and smooth as butter! Online works as well, from what I could see in 1-2 minutes of driving around.
BigErn77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by BigErn77 »

Zappologist wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:01 pm I got this working, performance is great, it's really incredible that geo11 can even enhance native 3D games. Great job, Dave and Bo3b!

Here are a few things I had to do, to make it work, in case it helps someone:
1. Copy d3dx.ini as well, in addition to the three files we usually have to copy, since GTA5 does not have it already. Remember to switch hunting off.
2. Bo3b's guide does not mention in which file we must add the TextureOverride section, so I added it in both d3dx.ini and d3dxdm.ini, but I think it only needs to go in d3dxdm.ini.
3. Only the direct modes work (sbs/tab), don't bother with DX11/9
4. If the 3D does not seem to trigger, switch resolution scaling on and off in advanced graphics settings (forgot how it's called)
5. If you have broken shadows, it might be caused by changing the depth or convergence with the geo11 hotkeys. It seems that the shadows are correct only at the default values (80 and 3) so press F10 to revert to default and see if it fixes the shadows.

Which leads me to the main issue I have with this: convergence is too damn high for my setup, and I cannot change it. If I change depth or convergence with the geo11 shortcuts, the shadows break. If I try to do it with the in-game setting, it has no impact.
Anyone has any idea how to solve this?

If we could adjust depth/convergence, and maybe also get an interlaced mode (or a working DX11 mode), this would be really something. One of the greatest games ever made, in perfect 3D and smooth as butter! Online works as well, from what I could see in 1-2 minutes of driving around.
Re: #2 in your list: it only needs to go in d3dxdm.ini. 3DVision users also may need "dm_game_3dvision_fix = 1" under the [Stereo] section.
Re: #3 in your list: DX11 in fullscreen works fine for me with 3DVision.
Re: #5 in your list: It's true that changing the convergence and depth in game does mess up the shadows, but I believe if you set the convergence/depth values to whatever you want in d3dxdm.ini, then when the game starts the shadows will be aligned to that.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX3080, 32GB ram, Windows 10 21H2, nVidia 516.59, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, USB 3D Vision Emitter
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

I have done everything, and still shadows are broken. Maybe it is because I am using Nvidia 3D Vision glasses, and Geo-11 with this game is working fine only for SBS or some other methods. I am using driver 452.06 (shadows are always wrong, with or without the driver hack applied).
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
BigErn77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by BigErn77 »

b4thman wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:08 am I have done everything, and still shadows are broken. Maybe it is because I am using Nvidia 3D Vision glasses, and Geo-11 with this game is working fine only for SBS or some other methods. I am using driver 452.06 (shadows are always wrong, with or without the driver hack applied).
Hmm, no it works fine with 3DVision for me, in fullscreen with direct_mode=nvidia_dx11. I've attached my d3dx.ini and d3dxdm.ini, which I'm uising with geo-11 v0.6.6 - please try it with them. Also, once you're ingame, try doing a Ctrl-T, wait a second, and then another Ctrl-T. This often fixes stereoscopy issues for me. Also, make sure that MSAA is disabled - IIRC that was causing shadow issues for me. FXAA is OK.

I also have enabled the driver fix within 3D Fix Manager.

..apparently attachments don't work, so I uploaded them to my OneDrive here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiWlPaupzhQ6l-Jjuac ... A?e=a3mGaZ
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX3080, 32GB ram, Windows 10 21H2, nVidia 516.59, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, USB 3D Vision Emitter
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

BigErn77 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:53 am
b4thman wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:08 am I have done everything, and still shadows are broken. Maybe it is because I am using Nvidia 3D Vision glasses, and Geo-11 with this game is working fine only for SBS or some other methods. I am using driver 452.06 (shadows are always wrong, with or without the driver hack applied).
Hmm, no it works fine with 3DVision for me, in fullscreen with direct_mode=nvidia_dx11. I've attached my d3dx.ini and d3dxdm.ini, which I'm uising with geo-11 v0.6.6 - please try it with them. Also, once you're ingame, try doing a Ctrl-T, wait a second, and then another Ctrl-T. This often fixes stereoscopy issues for me. Also, make sure that MSAA is disabled - IIRC that was causing shadow issues for me. FXAA is OK.

..apparently attachments don't work, so I uploaded them to my OneDrive here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiWlPaupzhQ6l-Jjuac ... A?e=a3mGaZ
Thank you, now it works. Installing the 3DFM wrapper (I didn't do that) and using your two files I get right shadows... but after rebooting again wrong shadow (this is crazy). Again I reboot and again I get right shadows, and so on, etc. Now it seems that shadows are good in the last tries, so I won't touch anything. I have to use ctrl-t twice when I launch the game (to avoid red letters and get 3D), and I have to use ctrl-alt-supr when I leave the game because the exe does not finishes and I have to force finish manually. The behavior of this game is "special".
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Thanks for the suggestions BigErn77!
If you set the values in the ini the shadows are no longer broken.
Also, you are correct that DX11 mode works. It was giving me a blank screen during start up, but after your post I tried Ctr+Shift+Win+B and the image appeared. Performance seems a bit worse with DX11 than direct modes but it might be just my impression.
I'm looking forward to see what GTAO has to offer, I'm forcing a solo public session with the startup.meta file and will try my hand at the businesses, I've never played this content before and apparently they added a ton of stuff which is playable solo.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

GTA V is working right here with Geo-11, but only one problem: traffic signals in the middle of a race do not render good.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Yes, Geo-11 works very well for performance, but there are still issues unfortunately. If someone could find a fix for them it would really make this game totally worth it, both the story and online have some of the best content in entertainment.
I tried playing around with the setting but nothing works.

Main issues are:

- reflections/lights that are at wrong depth from afar, and only resolve when you are 1-2 meters close. Very visible with car headlights at night, wall spotlights in the apartment, etc. The farther they are the worst it looks - for example, buildings reflections when seen through a tunnel look very wrong, as they are both very far, and in harsh contrast with the tunnel texture which is at correct depth.

- markers such as mission objectives, entry point for apartments/businesses, direction arrows during races, etc

Less of an issue, but resolution scaling seems to conflict with the 3D triggering. I can 100% reproduce this. However, it might still work sometimes. For example, when using tab/sbs, I can use 0.5 resolution scaling and still make 3D trigger, if I load a building, or more often changing servers. However in DX11 mode it works extremely rarely.

One thing I did not get about Geo-11: does it have some sort of internal resolution upscaling directly in dsdxdm.ini? Or does it depend on the section inside d3dx.ini? The vanilla file does not have an upscaling example, commented, as I would expect, so I'm not sure how it works. (it probably won't work with games like GTA5/Tomb Raider etc, but I was curious in general)
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

I just realised that there was a Migoto fix for this game at some point, which fixed some similar problems. Mission markers for example. These issues were fixed by Rockstar after a while.
I did not have time to install this obsolete fix then add geo-11 to see what happens, but I think this might be an interesting "coincidence". As if Geo-11, or that Override section Dave added, somehow makes the game behave similar to a pre-patch state.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

The reflections/lights issue seems to be solved now, but I don't know what did it.
Either one of the settings I've changed, but which took effect after a restart so I did not have instant feedback to learn which one it was, or the files in the new version of Geo-11 plus the interlaced mode.
I don't have time to test this properly, so if anyone has the same issue and suspects the settings are the key to solving it, let me know and I'll post my settings.xlm here.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

I have tried with Geo-11 v0.6.56 and I still have problems with traffic signals.
Feisty_Fernando

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

b4thman wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:02 pm I have tried with Geo-11 v0.6.56 and I still have problems with traffic signals.

Just Geo-11 only, or did you add the old fix in first? I'm about to try GTA V here with 3DTV Play when it's done downloading and I'll try the old fix first before just enabling 3D in the game menu. 106.56Gb, ugh.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Feisty_Fernando wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:00 am
b4thman wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:02 pm I have tried with Geo-11 v0.6.56 and I still have problems with traffic signals.

Just Geo-11 only, or did you add the old fix in first? I'm about to try GTA V here with 3DTV Play when it's done downloading and I'll try the old fix first before just enabling 3D in the game menu. 106.56Gb, ugh.
I installed 1st the wrapper using 3DFM.
Feisty_Fernando

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

b4thman wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:08 am
Feisty_Fernando wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:00 am

I installed 1st the wrapper using 3DFM.
I ran GTA V in 3D, game is smooth. Didn't install the old fix through 3DFM, just enabled 3D in the game menu. I could adjust depth and separation. I saw a graphical glitch under something and while driving 1st person the convergence goes way up so I see double the car interior but outside of that the game looks beautiful in 3D. I couldn't take a screenshot, the macro key for screenshots seems glitchy a lot lately after reinstalling 425.31
ZeGURU69
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZeGURU69 »

Hi RAGEdemon,

There is a big difference between the 12900K and the 12700KF! Did you benchmark with the 12900K at 5300 Mhz or at its default speed?
SubjectBucko
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SubjectBucko »

I got 3d working with geo-11, windows 11, etc 4090 and latest nvidia drivers.

I used the dxd3.ini file the geo-11 64 folder. I tried first with the dxd3.ini file from the helix mod GTA fix but the game crashes at startup.

The mission markers, parachute drop zones and race markers are all broken. I tried amalgamating the dxd3.ini folders and adding the shaderfixes from helix mod but no luck fixing the markers.

Any idea how to solve this? Thanks in advance
freetribes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by freetribes »

Hello,

Has anyone had success running the game through GEO11 with the dx9 setting?
This is the only option to be able to launch it in frame sequential.

Thanks
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

BigErn77 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:53 am

Thank you for being intelligent to upload and share the files, gta v is working amazing on my 9900k 5.2ghz ht off 2080ti 2055mhz/8150mhz. Please keep well and safe, we need more humans like you populating the world with wisdom and intelligence. Godspeed and Good Tidings.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

SubjectBucko wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:52 pm

The mission markers, parachute drop zones and race markers are all broken. I tried amalgamating the dxd3.ini folders and adding the shaderfixes from helix mod but no luck fixing the markers.

Any idea how to solve this? Thanks in advance
I found Markers shaders, here is how to switch On/Off those markers:

[Key_DisableMarkers]
key=XB_GUIDE
type=toggle
x95=1.0

[ShaderOverride_DISABLE_2]
hash=252a86d1cc030b44
if x95==1.0
handling=skip
endif

But big problem today, an update of the game via Rockstar made no 3D optionin settings so no 3D!!!
Anyone can check too?
freetribes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by freetribes »

Hi !
I just opened gtav, there is 3d in the options.
But I can't launch GEO 11 anymore.
I will try with a cracked version

EDIT:
It seems that Reshade doesn't work either since the last update.
To be continued !

EDIT2:
No problem with the crack version.
I keep my legal copy to play online and the crack version to have fun with 3d and mods.
GEO11 was not compatible with online mode anyway.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

freetribes wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:54 am
Nope you're wrong before the last whop'n' update Online mode was working great with Geo 11 with awesome perf...
freetribes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by freetribes »

It's true, I was not born to try online mods. I don't want to get banned.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

I played hours without ban ;)
kakashisensei
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kakashisensei »

Recently tried this with geo-11 without any 3d fixes. Just in time for the summer update. Playing online with 3dmigoto loader to inject. Should be no problem. GTA online moderation basically gave up fighting against cheaters/hacks. So you shouldn't worry about this. Looks real good, but I noticed the same issue as others. The reflections (especially on windowed skyscrapers) and objective markers are incorrect. Any fixes for the reflections? That is the only real gripe.

Edit
After testing a bit more, found the solution to fix reflections. Have to change on/off in-game high resolution shadows in advanced gfx section. Its annoying because sometimes when I go indoors and back outside, it gets broken and I have to do it again. For shadows fix, change in-game convergence settings. Besides the objective circles, I've noticed a few shadows here and there are broken, usually from some street lamps or warehouse lights at night. Not too big an issue. Overall, the experience is great and the remaining issues are minor. I am using geo 11 0.6.109, no shader fixes, d3dx.ini is from geo11, and sbs mode.
Last edited by kakashisensei on Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kakashisensei
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kakashisensei »

freetribes wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:54 am EDIT2:
No problem with the crack version.
I keep my legal copy to play online and the crack version to have fun with 3d and mods.
But Geo11 is compatible with online. Just use 3dmigoto loader to inject.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Yeah good news, I can confirm GTAV is still working fine in Geo-11 3D using 3Dmigoto loader.exe to hook d3d11.dll :dart: :sunglasses:

https://discord.com/channels/5157038646 ... 5143380029
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Chtiblue wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:42 am Yeah good news, I can confirm GTAV is still working fine in Geo-11 3D using 3Dmigoto loader.exe to hook d3d11.dll :dart: :sunglasses:

YOU ROCK YOU ROCK, thank you.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Chtiblue wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:42 am Yeah good news, I can confirm GTAV is still working fine in Geo-11 3D using 3Dmigoto loader.exe to hook d3d11.dll :dart: :sunglasses:
Just put all Geo-11 3D fix & 3Dmigoto loader in another folder to avoid Rockstar blocking it

Dark_saiyens
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dark_saiyens »

That's why i continue playing GTA 5 with my 2080 ti with 3D Vision + 13900K OC on my LG OLED 4K C6V !
Shadows are perfect in 3D Vision, only the 3cor bugs is garbagge but with max OC 2080ti + 13900K it is OK (30-60fps maybe)
kakashisensei
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kakashisensei »

Dark_saiyens wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:55 am That's why i continue playing GTA 5 with my 2080 ti with 3D Vision + 13900K OC on my LG OLED 4K C6V !
Shadows are perfect in 3D Vision, only the 3cor bugs is garbagge but with max OC 2080ti + 13900K it is OK (30-60fps maybe)
I don't know how you can stand the performance with the 3 core bug. I also have a 2080 ti with a 5600x. Even at 1920x1080, performance was unbearable, especially online. With geo11, it works and the issues are easily fixed. You only need to fix shadows once when you load into the world. Half the time the shadows work right away. The other time, I just need to change ingame separation (in the games gfx settings, not geo11's) and it fixes shadows. The real annoying thing is reflections. Those can get messed up when you go into a building and back out. To fix those, you need to change the shadow high resolution option in advanced gfx settings. You only need to change these settings on/off and it fixes these issues. Mission objective circles and target markers however, can't be fixed without using a 3dmigoto to remove those shader effects entirely.

With my rokid, I can play online at 3840x2400 and usually get 60 fps at very high to maxed out settings.
justini
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by justini »

Lighting and shadows from directx sunlight are broken for me too (Geo11 0.6.90). Added the correct changes to d3dxdm.ini but it doesn't seem to be getting the correct shaders from the in-game stereo 3d (assuming they actually work)
Changing separation and convergence doesn't fix it.

justini
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by justini »

fixed it by increasing the in-game convergence option.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”