New geo-11 driver

bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

New geo-11 driver

Post by bo3bber »

Go to the blog post for latest versions and most up to date documentation:

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2022/06/a ... river.html

Let's use this thread as a place for discussions aboout geo-11 itself, that are not game specific. Please make a new thread for game specific discussions.

Comments, suggestions, requests. All can go here.

It's mildly annoying that this is part of "NVidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting", but we'll live with it.

For latest instructions and latest versions, please see the blog post, as I keep it up to date.

Currently we have no 3DFM/HelixVision support, so we have to do things manually.

To install a fix that is noted as being a geo-11 specific file, just drag all the files into the game.exe folder. masterotaku has a batch of these on the blog, but are clearly marked. These are already setup to work using geo-11 and optimized defaults. You can find all of these posts by going to lower-left corner and clicking on geo-11 Label.

For doing an installation of a previous HelixMod fix, go to the blog post for latest and best instructions.

Go to 3DJ's cool 3D database for a list of all games that have been tested recently with geo-11: https://airtable.com/shrraIPxGgCE1hzq3/ ... qwD1ksRcLw
Last edited by bo3bber on Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:40 am, edited 10 times in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: New geo-11 driver

Post by 3DNovice »

Engine Specific
Unity just sucks, it can be a pain in the back side to get start in 3D.
The Universal fix from 4everAwake works well on some games, but some 2020 and newer games do not want to work
Also his StereoFlagsDX10=0x0002008 is only 7 numbers, I think that would result in it simply not triggering/going unread? Dunno
viewtopic.php?t=25761
The 3DMigoto modified DLL by Kai helps in some games for alt tab issues, I believe you are aware of this though.

EDIT: Ooops, I did not realize what geo-11 refered to, until I followed the link in the other thread.

So are Nvidia stereo profiles no longer needed? Is StereoFlagsDX10 no longer a thing? Or StereoTextureEnable?

I do not have SLI, but what about it? Has it been tested? Perhaps it will scale better as well with the 3 core bug alleviated?

EDIT 2: what about taking stereoscopic screenshots?

EDIT 3: Will this be getting a proxy loader function for ReShade/whatnot, since I assume that geo-11 will load first
Last edited by 3DNovice on Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
laast
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by laast »

This is unexpected!

Few questions:
- Does it work with any GPU including RTX 30XX (I guess it does)?
- Do I need a 3D vision ready display, or a random 120hz display with a 3d vision emitter + glasses is ok?
- Is there an ingame shortcut for separation/convergence settings?

Sorry for noobs questions and thx for bringing back to me a serious hope to replay 3D dx11 games with my 3080!
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:33 pm Engine Specific
The Universal fix from 4everAwake works well on some games, but some 2020 and newer games do not want to work
Also his StereoFlagsDX10=0x0002008 is only 7 numbers, I think that would result in it simply not triggering/going unread? Dunno
viewtopic.php?t=25761
The 3DMigoto modified DLL by Kai helps in some games for alt tab issues, I believe you are aware of this though.

EDIT: Ooops, I did not realize what geo-11 refered to, until I followed the link in the other thread.

So are Nvidia stereo profiles no longer needed? Is StereoFlagsDX10 no longer a thing? Or StereoTextureEnable?

I do not have SLI, but what about it? Has it been tested? Perhaps it will scale better as well with the 3 core bug alleviated?

EDIT 3: Will this be getting a proxy loader function for ReShade/whatnot, since I assume that geo-11 will load first
Unity games should work better in geo-11 than before, but will likely still be a bit problematic. Using driver 452.06 will make things easier, because you can use the DX9 output mode, and it will run stereo in windowed mode, which will save that -windowed-mode exclusive stuff. Definitely worth testing games and let us know what sticking points you find. We especially want game-engines to play nice, so UE4 and Unity are top on our list to get smooth.

Stereo profiles are still existing and still used. This way we don't have to update or change any of the fixes already done, and especially where a ShaderHacker may no longer be around. We'll probably extend this in the future, or make geo-11 specific fixes as needed, but goal is to just use the fixes as they stand.

No idea on SLI, but I doubt it works. If someone can test and let us know that'd be great. In terms of SLI output, geo-11 is more 'normal' in that it doesn't have all the stupid freakish limitations of 3D Vision, so I think in principle this can work. Just to be clear though- not a priority, we already roughly 2x faster in a lot of games than 3D Vision, and we've got other more important bugs.

Not sure about Nvida screenshots, but there is a good chance that it works when using nvidia_dx11 or _dx9 output, because 3D Vision is still running. I've already written a screen shot grabber for reshade that I'll add to geo-11 at some point, so we'll have a native one before too long.

Proxy loader functions will be 3Dmigoto based, so you can use the dxgi.dll like usual, if a game needs an early loader, like d3d11 is not loading. Since it's based off 3Dmigoto same proxyload through to others will work or not, just like it was.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

laast wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:39 pm This is unexpected!

Few questions:
- Does it work with any GPU including RTX 30XX (I guess it does)?
- Do I need a 3D vision ready display, or a random 120hz display with a 3d vision emitter + glasses is ok?
- Is there an ingame shortcut for separation/convergence settings?

Sorry for noobs questions and thx for bringing back to me a serious hope to replay 3D dx11 games with my 3080!
No one is more surprised than me. :D

Should work on any 30xx series cards. But you will be limited to dx9 output mode for 3D Vision hardware. This part is buggy right now, especially on drivers past 452.06, but it's there and worth trying.

If your display can do SBS or TAB that will be the most compatible variant. It will depend on hardware and what output you require.

Shortcuts are active, same as 3DVision.

BTW- I already answered all these questions on the blog post. :D
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Thank you to everyone involved; this is literally the 3D Vision community's dream come true...

Might I request some clarification in regard to VR display output?

Granted that 3DVision hardware is "End of Life" and difficult to obtain, the next logical step would be to allow geo-11 to output natively to a VR headset. HelixVision already does a stellar job with 3DVision, as does Helifax's amazing VK drivers and Heli's virtual screen.

As I understand, neither are currently working to output Geo-11 into a VR display, but likely will be sometime in the future.

Are there other options? e.g. TAB/SBS via VirtualDesktop, that doesn't impact performance?

Are there any imminent plans for a virtual screen type NATIVE output which maximises performance and mitigates any bottlenecks that we can use with the newest GFX drivers and RTX 30XXX series and the soon-to-be released RTX 40XX cards?

An example would be something like SuperDepth3D's companion App, which springs to mind...
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
davegl1234
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by davegl1234 »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:33 pm Engine Specific
viewtopic.php?t=25761

Hi there,

I can confirm it works with SLI, I have 2080ti SLI myself. In the games I have tested I get good scaling, but have used custom bits to achieve it. I haven't tested enough to know of it's crappy default compatibility bits for these games, or if geo-11 needs some specific bits flipped, will investigate and let you know.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Thank You, I had a chance to trade my projector for a 2080ti that my neighbor's son has, hopefully he still has it.

So would the SLI Optimised version of the 3DVision2TB shader for 3DMigoto still be useful with geo-11 or would it lose functionality?

https://github.com/DarkStarSword/3d-fix ... 86ea11a154
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

I've said this on discord, but better have it here: I have around 20 geo-11 fixes planned to upload between today and the following days.

Turok 1 and 2
Serious Sam 4 + Expansion (maybe Serious Sam Fusion too, but I didn't test it as much)
FFVII Remake
Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3
Sekiro
God of War
Ori and the Blind Forest
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Halo MCC
DMC HD Collection
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
PCSX2
Zelda OOT
Super Mario 64
Ni no Kuni 1
Skyrim Special Edition

They will be already configured (some of them needed extra tweaks to fix some reflections, or lighting, AO, etc).

I'll somehow let you know what I upload.
ZePRiNCE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZePRiNCE »

That's an amazing news. You made my day. I mean my year :D
Thank you so much, I'm sure it was a lot of hard work !

I will finally be able to use my 3080 on DX11 Games (I have a 3DTV so interleaved output is perfect for me)

I understand 3DMigoto fixes are almost compatible with geo-11, and the goal of geo-11 is to be 100% compatible, right ?

If that so, @masterotaku may I ask why you are planning to make specific fixes for geo-11 ?

Anyway, thanks to everybody that are trying to keep 3D alive. Amazing work.
CM: Asus ROG Strix Z370-H Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i7 8086k Delid @ 5.2GHz / 1.405v
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3333 MHz CL16 (2x16Go)
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition
3DTV: LG 65C6V
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

ZePRiNCE wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:56 am If that so, @masterotaku may I ask why you are planning to make specific fixes for geo-11 ?
From scratch, you say? For now, for new fixes, I'll be doing them 3D Vision first, while checking geo-11 at the same time. Which is what I was doing for the Serious Sam 4 expansion.

I'll also upload geo-11 versions of my fixes, preconfigured to fix what is needed, default convergence, etc. It's basically the same as if I had done the geo-11 fix from scratch.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

So with this new geo-11, are we to assume that iz3D in now insignificant and of no use, so you are no longer looking at it for anything?

BTW, FWIW, there's someone that posted there offering to help with it, perhaps he could be of use for 3DMigoto/geo-11/dx9 wrapper/HelixVision
mhalsan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:39 pm I hope this project can continue!

My only programming experience is with visual studio, vb.net in particular. My experience with C or C++ is zero, but it's never too late to learn. If I can help please let me know.

Thanks, Mark
quoted from viewtopic.php?p=184317#p184317
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I see this in the d3dxdm.ini

; direct_mode: choose stereo output option based on hardware
; nvidia_dx9
; nvidia_dx11
; tab
; tab_reversed
; sbs
; sbs_reversed
; interlaced
; interlaced_reversed
direct_mode = nvidia_dx11

What about adding Checkerboard/Checkerboard Reversed support outside of Nvidia (note: Checkerboard can not be down/upscaled AFAIK)
The format is supported natively on some active (glasses/emitter) 3D HDTVs, such as some plasma, DLP and LCD models.

Plus Frame Sequential/Frame Sequential Reversed outside of Nvidia, so projectors no longer need an EDID override/generic CRT
The awesome thing here, no emitter required anymore

Unless of course the user does not have DLP Link glasses and instead needs Generic CRT to use their Nvidia glasses/emitter, so
this option still needs availability
ZePRiNCE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZePRiNCE »

masterotaku wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:11 am From scratch, you say? For now, for new fixes, I'll be doing them 3D Vision first, while checking geo-11 at the same time. Which is what I was doing for the Serious Sam 4 expansion
For example, let's take Dark Souls 3.
Dark Souls 3 has already a 3DMigoto Fixe, and I thought geo-11 would work with it directly.
Why is it required to create a new fix for this game on geo-11 ?

There are tons of 3DMigoto fixes already, I just hope it will not be necesserary to repass on each game :shock:
CM: Asus ROG Strix Z370-H Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i7 8086k Delid @ 5.2GHz / 1.405v
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3333 MHz CL16 (2x16Go)
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition
3DTV: LG 65C6V
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

This is really amazing news, and not only for 30x0 and newer card owners but for everyone still enjoying the stereoscopic experience.

But I'm still wondering: what if nvidia decides to remove DX9 direct mode support from future drivers? Are we then again back a square zero?
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

ZePRiNCE wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:55 am
masterotaku wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:11 am From scratch, you say? For now, for new fixes, I'll be doing them 3D Vision first, while checking geo-11 at the same time. Which is what I was doing for the Serious Sam 4 expansion
For example, let's take Dark Souls 3.
Dark Souls 3 has already a 3DMigoto Fixe, and I thought geo-11 would work with it directly.

There are tons of 3DMigoto fixes already, I just hope it will not be necesserary to repass on each game :shock:
Last Unreal engine 4 games seem working fine.
Cloudpunk Unity game has broken clouds with Geo-11
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

I am having difficulty getting God of War to activate in 3D (using TB with 3DTV).

Forum instructions state to "drag in all files except d3dx.ini"... Does this mean just the content of x64 folder? What about cmd Decompiler folder? Does it remain in folder, or are the folder contents extracted to be at same level as game.exe? Simply dragging all the contents of geo- 11 folder will put items like ShaderFixes folder at wrong location to merge with existing ShaderFixes folder.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

ZePRiNCE wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:55 am For example, let's take Dark Souls 3.
Not a new fix at all. Just some extra tweaking to account for differences in geo-11 compared to 3D Vision, and testing time. In this case, reflections (fixed with a simple setting) and falling snow (monoizing one shader).
I'll upload the geo-11 fix for Dark Souls 3 tomorrow, among others. I didn't have time today (I also want to tweak autoconvergence some more).
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:49 am So with this new geo-11, are we to assume that iz3D in now insignificant and of no use, so you are no longer looking at it for anything?

BTW, FWIW, there's someone that posted there offering to help with it, perhaps he could be of use for 3DMigoto/geo-11/dx9 wrapper/HelixVision
mhalsan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:39 pm I hope this project can continue!

My only programming experience is with visual studio, vb.net in particular. My experience with C or C++ is zero, but it's never too late to learn. If I can help please let me know.

Thanks, Mark
quoted from viewtopic.php?p=184317#p184317
Not clear actually. I looked at iZ3d in fair depth, but did not finish getting it running because I found that it's dx11 support was not as good as we'd want. They stopped development maybe midway through dx11 lifespan, so later stuff wasn't supported at all.

However, their dx9 support is pretty spot on, and hasn't really changes, so if we ever get boned by Nvidia on dx9 Automatic Mode, we can always come back and revive iZ3d just for the dx9 supported games.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:28 am I see this in the d3dxdm.ini

; direct_mode: choose stereo output option based on hardware
; nvidia_dx9
; nvidia_dx11
; tab
; tab_reversed
; sbs
; sbs_reversed
; interlaced
; interlaced_reversed
direct_mode = nvidia_dx11

What about adding Checkerboard/Checkerboard Reversed support outside of Nvidia (note: Checkerboard can not be down/upscaled AFAIK)
The format is supported natively on some active (glasses/emitter) 3D HDTVs, such as some plasma, DLP and LCD models.

Plus Frame Sequential/Frame Sequential Reversed outside of Nvidia, so projectors no longer need an EDID override/generic CRT
The awesome thing here, no emitter required anymore

Unless of course the user does not have DLP Link glasses and instead needs Generic CRT to use their Nvidia glasses/emitter, so
this option still needs availability
Our ouput modes need some work, but we can definitely add checkerboard as an option. Right now I think Interlaced also does not work. And also reversed may not be working. Not sure, too many modes to test, but you can expect we'll get around to all these. Adding checkerboard is a good idea, and I'll add it as a task for us so we don't forget.

However, do we know anyone who actually uses checkerboard? IIRC that was only used on DLP rear projection TVs, and I can't imagine any still running today. All coding has opportunity costs, so we always want to do stuff that has the biggest bang for the buck.
drowhunter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by drowhunter »

Just reposting my bug report from over on the helixmod site over here so it will be found.

When selecting SBS Reversed or Line Interlaced modes, the output switches to TAB mode.
twinsky
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by twinsky »

Looking forward to really digging into this!

I'm having some troubles out the gate though. Running masterotaku's geo-11 ff7 remake fix, I follow his instructions:
Install the latest geo-11 to the exe directory. (...Epic\FFVIIRemakeIntergrade\End\Binaries\Win64)
Install his fix on top.
When I run, I get an error like this:

---------

Fatal error!

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000

0x00000000DB2D815C d3d11.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000DB2BB6FC d3d11.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x000000000D9EFED5 EOSOVH-Win64-Shipping.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x000000000D9CB301 EOSOVH-Win64-Shipping.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x000000000D9AE786 EOSOVH-Win64-Shipping.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x000000000D9C6D1A EOSOVH-Win64-Shipping.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x000000000D9C8E92 EOSOVH-Win64-Shipping.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x000000000D9B91FC EOSOVH-Win64-Shipping.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x0000000017C592CA ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000183F874F ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000179129D3 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000183FF150 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x0000000017A1099B ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x0000000017A10887 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x000000003FA27034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
0x0000000040722651 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

Crash in runnable thread RHIThread

---------

In d3dxdm.ini I tried with direct_mode = nvidia_dx11 and direct_mode = sbs.
Same problem either way but I can tell the screen briefly draws in sbs mode with the latter setting before the crash.

(I'm using the -dx11 flag in the epic store. The old 3dvision fix worked when I had that installed, but I removed that completely before copying any of this over.)
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

You need to install the fix and second geo11 dlls on top. And dont forget force_stereo=2 in d3dx.ini.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

twinsky wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:52 pm Looking forward to really digging into this!

I'm having some troubles out the gate though. Running masterotaku's geo-11 ff7 remake fix, I follow his instructions:
Install the latest geo-11 to the exe directory. (...Epic\FFVIIRemakeIntergrade\End\Binaries\Win64)
Install his fix on top.
When I run, I get an error like this:

---------

Fatal error!

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000

0x00000000DB2D815C d3d11.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000DB2BB6FC d3d11.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x000000000D9EFED5 EOSOVH-Win64-Shipping.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x000000000D9CB301 EOSOVH-Win64-Shipping.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x000000000D9AE786 EOSOVH-Win64-Shipping.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x000000000D9C6D1A EOSOVH-Win64-Shipping.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x000000000D9C8E92 EOSOVH-Win64-Shipping.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x000000000D9B91FC EOSOVH-Win64-Shipping.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x0000000017C592CA ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000183F874F ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000179129D3 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000183FF150 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x0000000017A1099B ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x0000000017A10887 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x000000003FA27034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []

---------

In d3dxdm.ini I tried with direct_mode = nvidia_dx11 and direct_mode = sbs.
Same problem either way but I can tell the screen briefly draws in sbs mode with the latter setting before the crash.

(I'm using the -dx11 flag in the epic store. The old 3dvision fix worked when I had that installed, but I removed that completely before copying any of this over.)
Epic Store makes me think it's the EGS overlay that is killing your game. There are ways to disable it by deleting some dlls.

@Losti, I uploaded the full geo-11 fix with dlls included, so there is no need to overwrite files. Although I removed all the universal fix scripts and extra stuff (which shouldn't be necessary, I think).
EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

Thanks to everyone for their hard work on this! I've already subbed to a few patreons i've found on these forums / linked on game fix pages for games I play....

I'll try to find time to test more games. Borderlands 3 made me stumble a bit, but now that I've gotten at least 2 different games to work, I'm more comfortable with the workflow and things I can try changing to get something rendering in some form of stereoscopic 3d. My hardware limits my ability to compare against 3dvision, but I can at least confirm/deny if my hardware/driver/feature set is compatible with different combinations of games, game fixes, and geo-11.

My thread on borderlands 3 has two crash logs. Given that it's on the suggested list of games to try with geo-11, I was surprised that it didn't work for me.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

whyme466 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:46 am I am having difficulty getting God of War to activate in 3D (using TB with 3DTV).

Forum instructions state to "drag in all files except d3dx.ini"... Does this mean just the content of x64 folder? What about cmd Decompiler folder? Does it remain in folder, or are the folder contents extracted to be at same level as game.exe? Simply dragging all the contents of geo- 11 folder will put items like ShaderFixes folder at wrong location to merge with existing ShaderFixes folder.
Exactly this! This is also my problem! Here is what puzzles me:

1. The instructions say "just drag everything over to the game directory". When I do this, I end up with all the helix-fix files in the location where the game's exe is located (just as it should be), and additionally, I have all those geo11-folders in this location (cmd_Decompiler, loader, x32, x64). So now I have a d3dx.ini on the same folder level as the game's exe (the one from the original helix-fix) and another in the dragged-over x64 folder (and even a third one in the x32 folder). Shouldn't all the files in the x64 folder go directly to the same folder where the game's exe is located and thus override all the original fixes files (with the exception of the original d3dx.ini that has the vital fix info)? Yes, I know, the "force_stereo"-line needs to be modified ("force_stereo=2" instead of the original "force_stereo=1). Also, should I always also copy the x32 folder that contains the same files as the x64 folder (as it seems)?

2. Ths may be a dumb question but is it necessary to have 3D vision activated via Nvidia 3D Vision Control Panel? I guess not, since it's possible to use geo11 even on later drivers than 452.06 (I use 452.06) and these drivers don't even have any option to include the whole 3D Vision part.

3. If it is necessary to have 3D activated via control panel is it also necessary to have the driver hack activated (for all drivers later than 425.31)?

4. In case you have to activate 3D Vision and also the driver hack how can you be sure you are really using geo11 instead of 3D Vision like usually?

So far I didn't get it to run properly. I am using my LG OLED 4K 9500 via EDID hack for gaming in 3D. Works like a charm. When trying to use geo11 (3D Vision deactivated via Control Panel) 3D doesn't kick in. With 3D Vision and driver hack activated 3D kicks in but then it seems I am just using 3D Vision as usually and not geo11 (thus question 4)!?

Any help is appreciated!
twinsky
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by twinsky »

masterotaku wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:02 am
Epic Store makes me think it's the EGS overlay that is killing your game. There are ways to disable it by deleting some dlls.
K, I disabled the overlay. Now it crashes with a different error:

---------------

LowLevelFatalError [File:d:\j\workspace\B\b_BuW64MEp\cw\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 182]
Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0005 - 'REMOVED')

0x0000000061F24FD9 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D2DE9BD7 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D2DC7A5B ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D307656C ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D307688A ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D3074BB7 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D30844D6 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D381874F ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D2D329D3 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D381F150 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D2E3099B ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D2E30887 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x0000000063EE7034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
0x0000000064522651 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

---------------

FWIW, it runs now in SBS but something's funny about the right eye...

masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

lohan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:26 am 1. The instructions say "just drag everything over to the game directory". When I do this, I end up with all the helix-fix files in the location where the game's exe is located (just as it should be), and additionally, I have all those geo11-folders in this location (cmd_Decompiler, loader, x32, x64). So now I have a d3dx.ini on the same folder level as the game's exe (the one from the original helix-fix) and another in the dragged-over x64 folder (and even a third one in the x32 folder). Shouldn't all the files in the x64 folder go directly to the same folder where the game's exe is located and thus override all the original fixes files (with the exception of the original d3dx.ini that has the vital fix info)? Yes, I know, the "force_stereo"-line needs to be modified ("force_stereo=2" instead of the original "force_stereo=1). Also, should I always also copy the x32 folder that contains the same files as the x64 folder (as it seems)?
Wrong. Too many things wrong xD. The contents of the "x64" folder (except d3dx.ini) are what you need to place alongside the game exe. If it's a 64 bits game. If it's a 32 bits game, you need the contents of x32.
Then, from the existing fix, edit d3dx.ini and set "force_stereo=2". Also set the output you want in d3dxdm.ini.

Keep in mind that I've been uploading some geo-11 fixes myself that don't need any replacing. I've included everything necessary.
lohan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:26 am 2. Ths may be a dumb question but is it necessary to have 3D vision activated via Nvidia 3D Vision Control Panel? I guess not, since it's possible to use geo11 even on later drivers than 452.06 (I use 452.06) and these drivers don't even have any option to include the whole 3D Vision part.
You need it! If you use a 3D Vision monitor.
lohan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:26 am 3. If it is necessary to have 3D activated via control panel is it also necessary to have the driver hack activated (for all drivers later than 425.31)?
Apparently the global hack is needed for the games that always need it, according to some people. If you use a 3D Vision output (for "nvidia_dx11" only maybe?).
lohan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:26 am 4. In case you have to activate 3D Vision and also the driver hack how can you be sure you are really using geo11 instead of 3D Vision like usually?
The emitter wheel won't change separation :p. And instead your "dm_separation" in d3dxdm.ini is what counts.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

twinsky wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:16 am
masterotaku wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:02 am
K, I disabled the overlay. Now it crashes with a different error:

---------------

LowLevelFatalError [File:d:\j\workspace\B\b_BuW64MEp\cw\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 182]
Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0005 - 'REMOVED')

0x0000000061F24FD9 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D2DE9BD7 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D2DC7A5B ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D307656C ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D307688A ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D3074BB7 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D30844D6 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D381874F ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D2D329D3 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D381F150 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D2E3099B ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000D2E30887 ff7remake_.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x0000000063EE7034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []

---------------

FWIW, it runs now in SBS but something's funny about the right eye...

You having the frame counter in the corner there tells me you installed the wrong thing. Did you go here?: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2022/01/f ... -dx11.html
And download this?: https://s3.amazonaws.com/masterotaku/FF ... o11_fix.7z

You don't need to overwrite those files with anything after that. Then choose your direct_mode in d3dxdm.ini.
Also, if using a 3D Vision monitor, enable the global hack just in case.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

bo3bber wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:30 pm Our ouput modes need some work, but we can definitely add checkerboard as an option. Right now I think Interlaced also does not work. And also reversed may not be working. Not sure, too many modes to test, but you can expect we'll get around to all these. Adding checkerboard is a good idea, and I'll add it as a task for us so we don't forget.

However, do we know anyone who actually uses checkerboard? IIRC that was only used on DLP rear projection TVs, and I can't imagine any still running today. All coding has opportunity costs, so we always want to do stuff that has the biggest bang for the buck.
Well my grand hope, is that we would see someone like BenQ or Optoma add the Checkerboard format, or perhaps they could be convinced to add it to their projector options for 4K 3D gaming. While I do not think Checkerboard would work on their DMDs that use x4 image projection, I would assume that it would work on projectors that use the Texas Instruments 1440x2 DMDs to achieve 4K. Such as the DLP660TE that has a 2716 × 1528 array of aluminum micromirrors. The x2 DMDs should allow 1440P 120Hz Frame Sequential gaming or 4K 2160i Checkerboard. https://www.ti.com/cn/lit/ug/dlpa077/dlpa077.pdf

I believe that TsaebehT still uses his DLP TV and there were also Samsung DLP TVs that were never supported by Nvidia (anyone remember rollermod?). Checkerboard was supported on some "active" LCD and Plasma models from Sony, Panasonic and Samsung and did not require post conversion to another format.
Whereas Line Interlaced 3D HDTVs can only display line row interlaced images, thus anything input other than this format requires a post conversion of the input format adding a small amount of latency

Certainly not a high priority, but something that could be very desirable if we never see 1x full 4K DMD mirror arrays in projectors. Of course Dual Pipe using 2 projectors could be a 4K 3D gaming solution, but requires a somewhat large investment and is not pratical for most people due to it not being portable.
You pretty much need to dedicate a space, set it up and never move it.
Last edited by 3DNovice on Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

masterotaku wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:21 am
lohan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:26 am 2. Ths may be a dumb question but is it necessary to have 3D vision activated via Nvidia 3D Vision Control Panel? I guess not, since it's possible to use geo11 even on later drivers than 452.06 (I use 452.06) and these drivers don't even have any option to include the whole 3D Vision part.
You need it! If you use a 3D Vision monitor.
lohan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:26 am 3. If it is necessary to have 3D activated via control panel is it also necessary to have the driver hack activated (for all drivers later than 425.31)?
Apparently the global hack is needed for the games that always need it, according to some people. If you use a 3D Vision output (for "nvidia_dx11" only maybe?).
lohan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:26 am 4. In case you have to activate 3D Vision and also the driver hack how can you be sure you are really using geo11 instead of 3D Vision like usually?
The emitter wheel won't change separation :p. And instead your "dm_separation" in d3dxdm.ini is what counts.

Thanks, masterotaku! So, I was right about putting the x64 folder content directly where the game exe and the heilx fix are located. Am I right that the cmd_Decompiler folder, as well as the loader folder, also need to be dragged over?

I guess using the OLED 4K TV via EDID hack practically makes it a 3D Vision monitor, right (since this is the EDID hack's purpose)? So 3D needs to be turned on :-(

I am asking because I hoped to be able to play WWE 2K22 in glorious 3D using geo11. I played every single WWE 2K game since WWE 2K15 in 3D vision without any fix needed as it worked quite well out of the box. Although the engine is still the same (heavily modified though) I am not even able to launch the game as it will crash if 3D Vision is enabled via Control Panel. So I hoped I could get the game to launch in 3D with 3D turned off by using geo-11. Yes WWE2K22 is now DX12 but it can be launched in DX11 mode.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Besides moving content of x64 folder, do we need to merge ShaderFixes folder (or ignore geo-11 ShaderFixes folder)? Do we also ignore cmd Decompiler folder?
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

I was having wildly inconsistent results with/without the driver hack, so I was asked to report my tests here so I tested Splitgate (a really cool, free Unreal Engine 4 DX11 game)
Basically, I recently noticed that I don't need the driver hack for a bunch of DX11 games/apps, but I can count on Unreal Engine 4 games to crash without the hack (unless, as shown below, I use SBS output instead of DX9/DX11 3DV output)

Full details and logs here: https://airtable.com/shrjrcX7OhDRDoBam
I'll keep reporting more as I test
neovad
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by neovad »

Hello. Is somebody know how to enable VSync in d3dxdm.ini ? I tried Metro Exodus and all looks fine but... I hate when VSync is disabled in 3DV. I tried to set global parameter enabled in Nvidia Control Panel but no change. You can see stairs on vertical objects like trees when make fast horizontal camera movement

P.S. With 3DMigoto dlls even with force_stereo=2 in d3dx.ini vertical synchronization works fine. I think problem is in geo11 dlls

P.P.S Tried Just Cause 4 and vsync fine here! FPS very fine. On my i5-12400 always 60 FPS. This game had huge stalls before
Last edited by neovad on Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Norton 360 (used for PC security on my PC) continues trying to quarantine new d3d11.dll file. I have not had a problem with Norton interfering in 3D fix installations before. Norton claims it has WS.Reputation threat.
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

I am trying Geo-11 and it is not working here, and I am not sure if there is any compatibility issue or it is just my Windows 10 version 20H2 creating any problem.

I am trying with 452.06 driver installed (driver 425.31 gave me CTD). I am trying 2 different methods with The Witcher 3, and none work:

Method 1: I remove any previous 3dfix in the game and I just copy all files inside Geo-11 x64 folder in the folder of the exe of the game, and I think it is just like that according to what I understood reading the instruction (maybe "You install geo-11 like 3Dmigoto" is not the best way to say, and in case problems we have lots of doubts).

Method 2: I install the normal 3dfix (using 3DFM) and after that I copy all files inside Geo-11 x64 folder (except d3dx.ini) overwritting the 3dfix files. I edit d3dx.ini and change "force_stereo=2", and that is supposed to kick in Geo-11 when I launch the game. But when I launch the game it is exactly the same as using the normal 3dfix, with the only difference that now I can see the green Geo-11 fps hud number on the top left corner (I can not see the hud letters on the top center and bottom center). I assume Geo-11 is not working at all.

I do not use the files inside the folder "cmd_decompilier" neither the folder "loader" (I don't know what they are for), and the instructions don't say anything about them.

My videocard is RTX 2080 and I am using Nvidia 3D glasses with a compatible 3D monitor, so I assume I don't have to edit d3dxdm.ini to make Geo-11 work. I don't know if I am missing something.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
neovad
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by neovad »

b4thman wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:50 pm with the only difference that now I can see the green Geo-11 fps hud number on the top left corner
Difference should be in higher FPS especially on weak CPU
Last edited by neovad on Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

geo-11 outputs sequential frame stereo? Is this correct? Is single frame stereo forseen for the future?
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

WickedScav wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:36 am geo-11 outputs sequential frame stereo? Is this correct? Is single frame stereo forseen for the future?
It is single frame stereo. By frame sequential the OP is referring to Nvidia 3D Vision output for 3D Vision monitors, which shows the (synchronized, not sequential) left and right frames by alternating the opacity of the glasses, and each eye getting 60Hz. Active 3D.
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

masterotaku wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:32 am
WickedScav wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:36 am geo-11 outputs sequential frame stereo? Is this correct? Is single frame stereo forseen for the future?
It is single frame stereo. By frame sequential the OP is referring to Nvidia 3D Vision output for 3D Vision monitors, which shows the (synchronized, not sequential) left and right frames by alternating the opacity of the glasses, and each eye getting 60Hz. Active 3D.
Perfect! In that case it was only a misunderstanding on my part.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”