3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:14 am, edited 8 times in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider dx11

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Thanks, now I can finally play
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

For me Middle Earth Shadow of War profile perform a bit faster in DX11 than the SotTR.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Is there a reason why u dont play in dx12?
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Thanks for the heads up, I've just bought ESO but haven't tried it yet, but I'll report back when the time arises...
H3M4N
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by H3M4N »

How can I remove the setting. I dont see how to do it with nvidia profile inspector?! Or how do I do it? Many thanks
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

McGybrush
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by McGybrush »

If you play Shadow of the Tom Raider on Steam I found out another workaround.

Activate "Beta" in Steam
Click on Steam -> Settings -> Account -> Stem Beta Update -> change -> Beta Update
Exit Window -> Steam will update Steam

Go to Libarys -> Shadow of the Tomb Rider -> Right mouse click -> Properties -> Betas -select an older build
I have "build_280" tested and it works. Check code ist NOT needed. Close window

Go libary -> Marked Shadow of the Tomb Raider -> Now the play button is an update (really downgrade) button. Install update /Steam installs it automatically. After then Start Shadow of the Tomb Raider

(I have installed 3D Fix Manger) You can start the game over Steam or 3D Fix Manager in DX11 mode.

Hint. When I use the 3D Vision key combination (CTRL-F3 F4 F5 F6) the game crashes with graphics errors. Always make settings in the game menu under settings itself

--------------------------------------
Im German. Sorry for translate
--------------------------------------

Wenn Du Shadow the Tomb Raider über Steam spielst habe ich ein anderen Workaround herausgefunden

Aktiviere "Beta" in Steam
Gehe dazu links oben auf Steam -> Einstellung -> Account -> Steam Beta Update -> Ändern -> Steam Beta Update. Schließe das Fenster. Steam wird ein kurzes Update machen und neu starten.

Gehe in Deine Bibliothek und Markiere Shadow of the Tom Raider. Mache ein Rechtsklick -> Eigenschaften -> Betas -> Wähle ein älteren Build aus. Ich hab den Build_280 getestet und er hat direkt funktioniert.
Die Code Überprüfung ist nicht nötig. Kann ignoriert werden. Fenster schließen.

Geht in die Bibliothek und markiert wieder das Spiel. Der Spielen Button müsste jetzt ein Download / Update Button sein. Einfach installieren oder warten bis Steam das selber installiert hat.

Jetzt könnt Ihr das Spiel über Steam oder den 3D Fix Manager in 3D starten. Die Meldung eines alten 3D Treibers ist damit auch verschwunden. Und das Spiel sollte direkt im Hauptmenü schon in 3D sein.

Hinweis. Wenn ich die 3D Vision Tastenkombination (STRG-F3 F4 F5 F6) nutze stürzt das Spiel mit Grafikfehlern ab. Nehmt Einstellungen immer im Spielmenü unter Einstellungen selbst vor
Asus 2080RTX OC 8GB / Asus PG278Q 2560x1440 / Ryzen 4500 / 16GB
H3M4N
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by H3M4N »

3DNovice wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:07 pm Use GeForce Profile Manager to export the profiles and to also import them once the change is made

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers ... kw/Profile

When using Geforce 3D Profile Manager, you must follow the steps below.
helifax wrote:1. First go to "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" Folder.

2. We are interested in these 3 files:
nvdrsdb0.bin - DataBase0 binary file
nvdrsdb1.bin - DataBase0 binary file
nvdrssel.bin - DataBase Selector file between 0 and 1

3. Delete the nvdrssel.bin file. (It will get automatically generated on profile import)

4. Start Geforce 3D Profile Manger and hit [Export SLI Profiles]. Save the file.
As soon as you export the profiles, import them before making any modifications to ensure that your export was successful.
If you get an error, your export is corrupted, delete the list and do it again.
A corrupted export is caused by nvdrssel.bin not being deleted properly prior to export, you must delete the version found in ProgramData

Note: profiles can be corrupted if incorrect changes to the file structure are made, this is why it is important to immediately import your
exported list, to confirm that the file was exported correctly. Thus if you are getting an error while trying to import the profile list, you know it was
something that you did during your edit.

Of course, simply deleting a single line is pretty straight forward, so you should have no problems.

Also you might try the suggestion by harisukro
harisukro wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:25 am For me Middle Earth Shadow of War profile perform a bit faster in DX11 than the SotTR.
many thanks, will try
makarastar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by makarastar »

Epic version - SOTTR

The Sterescopic 3D "On" option that I need for Nvidia 3D Vision is no longer there

- only the "Side by Side" 3D option is there

Any fix advice?

Thanks
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

Yes!
Propierties-->Beta--> Build 241-->Play Game-->Options DX11 on.
makarastar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by makarastar »

@Jose - thanks - but is this for the Epic version too? I can't see a "Properties" option

Unless you mean add my Epic version to Steam - and then follow the above?
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

makarastar wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:19 pm @Jose - thanks - but is this for the Epic version too? I can't see a "Properties" option

No, I don't think Epic allows you to roll back versions.

I highly recommend running the game with the CheatEngine trick in DX12 for superior performance. Here are the steps, but they only work with the latest Steam version of the game:
viewtopic.php?p=173252#p173252

Use the latest CheatEngine file located here: https://github.com/Samlis/sottr3dvdx12/ ... pointer.CT
Last edited by Lysander on Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

Lysander wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:29 pm
makarastar wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:19 pm @Jose - thanks - but is this for the Epic version too? I can't see a "Properties" option

No, I don't think Epic allows you to roll back versions.

I highly recommend running the game with the CheatEngine trick in DX12 for superior performance. Here are the steps, which should also work with the Epic version (I did not confirm this, but confirmed they work with the latest Steam version of the game):
viewtopic.php?p=173252#p173252

Use the latest CheatEngine file located here: https://github.com/Samlis/sottr3dvdx12/ ... pointer.CT
Yes, the build is with Steam
makarastar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by makarastar »

3DNovice wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:38 pm
It turns out that Setting ID_0x70ccb5f0 = 0xddfac45d is the culprit, removing this allows 3D Vision in dx11. (does nothing for dx12)

So removing this setting will allow you to use the optimized profile for SotTR with 3D Vision.

Setting ID_0x70ccb5f0 = 0xddfac45d InternalSettingFlag=V0 <---- delete this setting

Hi, I am playing SOTTR on EPIC - but whenever I follow the above instructions (as well as deleting nvdrssel.bin as per the other post lower down yours...) - things don't work still - and I think this is why -

When I re-export the Nvidia profile for SOTTR - the line -

Setting ID_0x70ccb5f0 = 0xddfac45d InternalSettingFlag=V0

- is back again!!

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

makarastar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by makarastar »

Thanks - I was getting the import error at first - but not later (it was saving / importing ok)

In Nvidia Profile inspector - I have removed this value - and "apply changes" -

0x00000400 (DRG Initiative, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Prey (2017), Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Elder Scrolls: Online, Just Cause 4, Homefront: The Revolution) from the setting line for 0x70ccb5f0

(Note - my value 0x00000400 is different to yours 0xddfac45d - maybe as I am on EPIC instead of Steam...?)

However - when I get the launcher for SOTTR - the only options available when choosing "Full Screen" + "Exclusive Full Screen" are -

"Off" and "Side by Side" still - I am still not getting "ON" as an option

P.S. - I had uninstalled and reinstalled the game - but elected to NOT allow AUTO UPDATES - should I switch that to ALLOW - and try again?

I am thinking the EPIC version is broken for Nvidia 3D - although I know it USED to work...

Part of the issue seems to be that stupid "switch-out" from the game starting to an internet page asking you (EVERY TIME...) to "allow linking the game to Epic account" - I HATE Epic...
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

makarastar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by makarastar »

Thanks again - tried the profile swap to Middle Earth Shadow of War - but still no joy

I can only assume the Epic version is broken in terms of 3D

I'll keep an eye out to see if the Steam version gets really cheap (legal avenues only) - and might buy it there if it's cheap enough

Very disappointed in Epic :-(
makarastar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by makarastar »

P.S. -

When I use 3DFM to try to run the game - I at least get the audio - but a black screen - seems quite a few people get that, although not sure if it's an Epic version only bug
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

Well, you could take advantage of some offer of Shadow Of The Tomb Raider for 4 or 5$/€ for STEAM that with the build 241 if it goes and goes perfect. One of the best 3D games out there and a perfect 3D!
makarastar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by makarastar »

McGybrush wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:40 am If you play Shadow of the Tom Raider on Steam I found out another workaround.

Activate "Beta" in Steam
Click on Steam -> Settings -> Account -> Stem Beta Update -> change -> Beta Update
Exit Window -> Steam will update Steam

Go to Libarys -> Shadow of the Tomb Rider -> Right mouse click -> Properties -> Betas -select an older build
I have "build_280" tested and it works. Check code ist NOT needed. Close window

Go libary -> Marked Shadow of the Tomb Raider -> Now the play button is an update (really downgrade) button. Install update /Steam installs it automatically. After then Start Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Many thanks for your tutorial!

Following my recent posts at failing to get the EPIC version working in 3D at all (broken beyond repair I believe...) -

In the end I opted to buy SOTTR Definitive Edition on Steam (but via an online retailer, as it was cheaper than direct on Steam) for £9 - but got it for £7.20 GBP due to my previous purchase with them

As per your instructions above - I opted for "Build 280" - and things work flawlessly in DX11

I didn't opt for DX12 workarounds - as DX11 seems to look very nice as is, and I don't want to break anything on this Steam version :-)

Thanks again!
makarastar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by makarastar »

Jose3DVision wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:11 pm Well, you could take advantage of some offer of Shadow Of The Tomb Raider for 4 or 5$/€ for STEAM that with the build 241 if it goes and goes perfect. One of the best 3D games out there and a perfect 3D!

Many thanks - I took your advice (see post above this one) and rolled back Steam version to Build 280

The only down-side is I have had to re-start the game from scratch (I was about 25% in on the Epic version) - but that's OK as it's been a while since I last played, so have forgotten the first 25% events :-)
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

Yeah! Shadow OF THe Tomb Raider has such spectacular 3D that it doesn't matter if you start from the beginning. It is enjoyed as never before in a 3D game. I'm currently playing it again. I'm drooling...

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”