Subnautica Below Zero

Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Subnautica Below Zero

Post by Shift-E »

I just wanted to create a main topic for this game in case anyone searches for it, as it already has a 3D fix that is working perfectly on the full release version -- thanks to cicicleta (and everyone that helped) :!: :!: :!:

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2020/11/3d ... o-and.html

Subnautica Below Zero is a stand alone sequel, and not an expansion. I bought it years ago in early access and did not peep once before it fully released. Now that I have made it deeper to some of the more visually amazing environments, I have to say its already one of the best 3D experiences I've had (as was the original). The new weather systems are fantastic and add a lot of atmosphere. After the first game, I could never go back to 2D for this franchise so thank you so much for the fix :woot
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Subnautica Below Zero

Post by Lysander »

Oh, nice. How's performance? I heard one review saying the original was really badly optimized
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

Lysander wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:30 am Oh, nice. How's performance? I heard one review saying the original was really badly optimized
Performance is much better than original - although i believe Subnautica got all of the same engine and performance updates that Below Zero did, so the original probably plays a lot better now (I have not gone back to check, but Below Zero definitely makes me want to replay it someday down the road).

I'm on a 2080ti/9900 and had to drop it down to 1440p instead of 4k. Getting 45-60 FPS I think, but its smooth with no noticeable dips so I haven't even been checking. There is still some fade in, but no where near as bad of pop in as the original. The first game I used a bunch of mods, Below Zero I have not felt the need to use any :D
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

Hi I'm necro-ing this because I've been waiting for Below Zero to get some more mod support before diving in. Unfortunately I can't get the 3D fix to work. I know it was working a couple of months ago when I poked around the game for a few minutes, but now I can't get 3D to kick-in at all. I've reinstalled drivers and verified 3D Vision is working fine in other games, including the original Subnautica. I've also downloaded the latest version of the fix and applied it, and ensured the launch option is set to "-window-mode exclusive."

Would someone mind verifying if the fix is working for you or not? I am suspecting that the Devs updated the Unity version or something.
cicicleta
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cicicleta »

Hi, I just updated the fix.
AcidBong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AcidBong »

EDIT: i posted in wrong game forum. I wanted Subnautica not Zero. apologies

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”