For you Mega Man lovers!!

narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

For you Mega Man lovers!!

Post by narhicfd »

Hey guys, there is a fan made, old school looking Mega Man game called Mega Man 2.5D that was released on PC few years back. It has the old school look of the NES mega man games with some awesome 3Dish looking background which gives it it's title Mega Man 2.5D. it also works with 3D vision and looks great. Here's a short gameplay video I made:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=loh4F-b9GB0

You can download it here:

http://petersjostrand.com/

It's an installer free game and works right out of the gate. Just make sure 3D is activated in control panel and start the game. Will need some tweaking on the convergence/depth to get it look like it looks in video. It looks really good in 3D, in my opinion.
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: For you Mega Man lovers!!

Post by Vaeltaja »

There's also this that supports first three Mega Man and bunch of other NES games:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147940/3dSen_PC/

Works with Nvidia 3D Vision.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

I saw that a while back and purchased it hoping it would work with TriDef(which is what I had at the time) but it didn't work so I refunded it. However, now having 3D vision, I'm thinking about purchasing it and giving it a go again.
You know of any 3D vision gameplay using it so I can check it out to see how the 3D looks?? Another thing for me is that, if I was going purchase 3Dzen again and play games on it, I would want it to be games I actually own so I'm doing it ligit(yes I did download one rom of the internet to originally test it out then deleted it). I don't have an original nintendo or any NES games to make ligit roms with. I wonder if it's possible to rip the NES games from those mini Nintendo's they now sell at stores that have all those preinstalled games??
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

I don't know if someone has recorded any 3d gameplay with it but I've used it myself and the 3d can be quite impressive. I use very high convergence with it and only downside is that with high convergence the menu gets out of screen bounds. Of course the 3d effect depents on the games you play but it can be rather impressive and I haven't been dissappointed so far.

Yes, there's a program called Hakchi that you can use to copy roms from Mini NES to your PC. I'm also like you and like to do everything as legit as I can, so I use those Mini NES roms and also roms from the NES games I own for Wii and Wii U virtual consoles.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Do you have any Mega Man games that work for the 3Dsen?? If you get a chance can you take a couple in game 3D pics then post them on here so I can get an idea how the 3D looks?? They can be any game not just Mega Man.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Here's upload of the same gameplay video but in side-by-side mode for easier viewing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RMoxDRFQh64
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

Sorry it took so long, but here's few screenshots from Mega Man 1-3:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Wow, that actually looks pretty cool? Once you have your game ROM to play with 3dsen, whats the steps involved to getting it to play with 3D vision??
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

You have to make shorcut of the 3dsen.exe, then right click it and go to properties. Then write to the target field "-window-mode exclusive"
without the quotes after the text, so it will look like this: ...\3dSen\3dSen.exe -window-mode exclusive

When you launch 3dsen go to settings and set Render to direct, disable antialiasing and turn off fast renderer.

If this doesn't work, close 3dsen and right click the shortcut, go to properties and from compatibility tab check "run as administrator" and "disable full-screen optimizations".

That should make it work. Convergence needs to be much lower in 3dsen menu than in games, so you can use Unity universal fix since it has hotkey ("p" or dpad up for controller) for low convergence that will make things easier.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”