Star Wars SQUADRONS 3D Vision fix ?

ChrisHFC
One Eyed Hopeful

Star Wars SQUADRONS 3D Vision fix ?

Post by ChrisHFC »

Hello,

I have a very simple question. Is a 3D vision fix planned for the new game Star Wars Squadrons ? It would be much more immersive

Thank you
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Star Wars SQUADRONS 3D Vision fix ?

Post by Necropants »

I'm a bit surprized no one appears to have taken an interested in this. seems like a perfect game for 3dvision if you don't have VR and it's pretty cheap. Maybe peoples opinion of Starwars has really soured. OR anyone interested in just playing it in VR. I personally would like to play in my cockpit in surround 3d. =x
BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by BazzaLB »

I'm playing it in VR as stated in the other thread on the other forum topic. It does have an issue though in VR.. The frame rate, despite reporting a full 90Hz in the HMD, seems to only be updating at 60fps outside of the cockpit which gives a weird stutter effect when turning. Its NOT reprojection. Even flat screen users report this phenomenon at refresh rates above 60hz.

VR gives so much situational awareness (well, maybe not as much in the TIE fighter LOL) that its hard to go back to flat screen even with 3D. However, its the frostbite engine.. isn't there some generic fix out there for frostbite engine?
ChrisHFC
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ChrisHFC »

I think It's complicated to make a fix because of the cockpit vision. In the latest Battlefront II, the cockpit vision is not fixed at all in 3D vision.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Do we know what Engine Squadrons is using by chance? maybe UE4, would be nice..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

The_Nephilim wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:19 pm Do we know what Engine Squadrons is using by chance? maybe UE4, would be nice..
Frostbite
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Definately frostbyte unfortunately which has always been a bit of a POS for 3dvision fixes.
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

ChrisHFC wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:06 amI think It's complicated to make a fix because of the cockpit vision. In the latest Battlefront II, the cockpit vision is not fixed at all in 3D vision.
Cockpits work for car games... Why will it be an issue with "planes" ?
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

Shaders define how difficult it is to fix a game. I think only difference that camera angle can do is that some broken shaders might be harder to hunt from cockpit view, especially if pausing the game hides the game view etc. But I'm not an expert and this is only based on my limited experience - I'm more focused on retro and lowpoly games at the moment and slowly learning stuff.
ChrisHFC
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ChrisHFC »

I think it will be impossible to make a 3D vision fix for this game, at least for the online mode, because of this f****** easy anti cheat !
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

oh it uses Easy Anticheat... damn .. Thanks for the heads up. I guess will just have to settle on a CM profile.
Kermitou
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kermitou »

I have SWS on Origin and impossible to start the game, I've this message "untrusted system file c:windows\system32\driverstore\filerepositery\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_b2dd7130a686a22f\nwgf2umx.dll". I 'm under windows 10 20H2 and use the Losti tool for 3D vision, with 452.06 driver and the profile of 461.09 driver. GTX 1070. So I don't understand because I can play a lot of games on 3D vision and a lot on 2D ...I also play all the star wars games on origin without problem. The game uses easyanticheat tool and I tried to repair it, reinstall it, as the game, put he game and easy anticheat in the exclusions of my antivirus tool (windows defender), I asked the EA and Origin support team, as easy anticheat support, but no solution to my problem, still impossible to launch the game. If anyone has an solution, tank you :-)
ps : I tried with and without 3D vision activated in the nvidia panel.
Ps² : I would like to play it with my Occulus Quest 2 :-)
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Kermitou wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:10 pm I have SWS on Origin and impossible to start the game, I've this message "untrusted system file c:windows\system32\driverstore\filerepositery\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_b2dd7130a686a22f\nwgf2umx.dll".
That's the global hack being enabled for the drivers (needed for 3D in some engines like UE4). Disable that with 3DFM or Losti's bat tool if you want to play that game.
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

This could help ?

harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

Just tested but too late, seems the shadows are broken.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”