[DIY] - S3D Animated Desktop in Vista32!

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

[DIY] - S3D Animated Desktop in Vista32!

Post by pixel67 »

I stumbled across something kind of cool today... Running a screensaver on your desktop in S3D! This isn't a prerendered Dreamscene but an active render on your desktop. The ability to have an animated desktop in Vista 32 was an "Easter Egg" that has been circulating around the net for sometime so I thought I would give it a shot with the IZ3D 1.10B drivers and it works like a charm with my DLP3D HDTV. There are two ways to accomplish this:

1. Manually type it into a command prompt
2. Create a batch file that does most of the work for you ( I am not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination so I am sure the more tech savvy people here will have a better way of doing this)

First, a couple of prerequisites... Make sure you have the latest IZ3D drivers installed and set to "Enabled". Make sure the screensaver you wish to use utilizes DirectX so IZ3D drivers can do their magic. Make sure your screensaver is installed in the Windows/System32 directory. Adjust IZ3D settings within IZ3D control panel within the global profile. I would suggest convergence of 10-15. Have Task Manager open so you can kill the screensaver process when you want to return to your normal desktop. The text in the bat file can be overwritten if you install a different screensaver. Aquatica 3D is a great one and i am working on AtiBacteria now (couple of issues with that one). Make sure you don't have any spaces in the filenames.

1. Manually type it into a command prompt
Open a Command Window
Type in the full filename of the screensaver you wish to see, followed by a single space, then type in the following without the quotes "/p65552" and hit enter. Your done! Example below:

Ribbons.scr /p65552

2. Create a batch file that does the work for you.
Open up notepad
Copy and Paste the following text into Notepad and save it to your desktop as "S3D Desktop Test.bat". Double click and follow the prompts. Let us know if it works on other S3D setups!

ECHO OFF
CLS
:MENU
ECHO.
ECHO ...............................................
ECHO Run Installed Screensaver as S3D Desktop
ECHO IZ3D V 1.10B drivers must be Enabled by default
ECHO ...............................................
ECHO.
ECHO 1 - Run Ribbons Screensaver as Desktop Background
ECHO 2 - Run Aquatica3D Screensaver as Desktop Background
ECHO 3 - Run Mystify Screensaver as Desktop Background
ECHO 4 - Run ATI Bacteria
ECHO 5 - EXIT
ECHO.
SET /P M=Type 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, then press ENTER:
IF %M%==1 GOTO Ribbons
IF %M%==2 GOTO Aquatica3D
IF %M%==3 GOTO Mystify
IF %M%==4 GOTO AtiBacteria
IF %M%==5 GOTO EOF
:Ribbons
ribbons.scr /p65552
GOTO MENU
:Aquatica3D
Aquatica3D.scr /p65552
GOTO MENU
:Mystify
Mystify.scr /p65552
GOTO MENU
:AtiBacteria
AtiBacteria.scr /p65552
GOTO MENU

ENJOY! :mrgreen:
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Re: [DIY] - S3D Animated Desktop in Vista32!

Post by Welder »

Wow very cool! May give it a try when I have time in the office :) Thanks!
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

Can you post a screen of what this looks like?
QX6700 ~ ASUS Striker Extreme mobo ~ 4GB GSkill RAM DDR800 ~ eVGA GeForce 8800GTX SC Ed. ~ 850W PSU ~ 3TB HDD Space ~ ED Glasses+Anaglyph
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Going though a computer upgrade so let me see if i can get it working... may be a bit... :(
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses

Return to “Do it Yourself!”