Assassin's Creed Valhalla

stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Post by stfparis17 »

Good morning all

I know the game doesn't come out until November 2020.
Do we already know if the game engine will be compatible for the accountable and playable in 3d vision?
As Assassin's Creed Odysee was possible

have a good day
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Post by Losti »

The game uses anvil next 2 Engine. Same like Odyssee. Means de have to expect havy bad performance in 3D.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

Your best bet will be CM unleashed if it supports DX11. We saw from the Watch Dogs Legion PC settings that it supported DX12 and one other API, so hopefully Ubisoft is still including DX11 in their 2020 games. If not, only option would be Superdepth 3D on DX12/Vulkan. fake 3D is rough, but it's actually not too bad on AC games I find, makes it at least playable.

Don't hold your breath for true 3D, engine doesn't play nice as Losti posted.
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

Shift-E wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:49 am Your best bet will be CM unleashed if it supports DX11. We saw from the Watch Dogs Legion PC settings that it supported DX12 and one other API, so hopefully Ubisoft is still including DX11 in their 2020 games. If not, only option would be Superdepth 3D on DX12/Vulkan. fake 3D is rough, but it's actually not too bad on AC games I find, makes it at least playable.

Good evening
thank you for your post ... indeed the 3d CM mode will be enough to allow a reinforced experience
let's hope that dx11 is also present in complement
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

Damn, and I've pre-ordered it...
Origins and Odyssey look great with CMU, so I was hoping Valhalla will look tha same since they use the same engine.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

floph wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:24 pm Damn, and I've pre-ordered it...
Origins and Odyssey look great with CMU, so I was hoping Valhalla will look tha same since they use the same engine.
Never pre-order, unless you are absolutely fine to play the game in 2D :)
I mean I am perfectly fine to play a game in 2D! I have played a lot of games in 2D, so I don't think this should hold you back from enjoying it ;)
But, ofc PROPER Geometry STEREO 3D is awesome! (but sadly just a bonus ^_^), hence why I always wanted to see some of the games that I finished in 2D (Like Doom(s), Detroit, etc) in full glorious Geometry stereo rendered 3D :lol: .
(But, this doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the games in regular 2D.... I dig A LOT, hence the time & effort spent for the 3D part :mrgreen: )
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

Shift-E wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:49 am Your best bet will be CM unleashed if it supports DX11. We saw from the Watch Dogs Legion PC settings that it supported DX12 and one other API, so hopefully Ubisoft is still including DX11 in their 2020 games. If not, only option would be Superdepth 3D on DX12/Vulkan. fake 3D is rough, but it's actually not too bad on AC games I find, makes it at least playable.

I've never tried Superdepth 3D. Is it somewhat between CM and CMU quality wise ? I read in mtbs3d forums that Red Dead Redemption 2 can be played in 3D with Superdepth 3D, but in a more recent post it seems even Superdepth 3D is broken in RDR2 (viewtopic.php?p=173332#p173332).
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

floph wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:52 am

I've never tried Superdepth 3D. Is it somewhat between CM and CMU quality wise ? I read in mtbs3d forums that Red Dead Redemption 2 can be played in 3D with Superdepth 3D, but in a more recent post it seems even Superdepth 3D is broken in RDR2 (viewtopic.php?p=173332#p173332).
SuperDepth3D is equal to CMU quality wise but you need a 3DTV or Video 3D projector, 3D mode are SBS -T&B -interlieved-anaglyph.
it's not compatible with 3Dvision hardware.
Awesome thing is that is compatible with Dx9, Dx11, Dx12 & Vulkan!

In RDR2 it's working in story mode but not online mode because reshade disable depth buffers for online game to avoid cheating and banning But you can find reshade version that works online in PGHub discord server, you can find invitation for this servr in the Reshde discord server :woot 8=
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

SuperDepth3D is equal to CMU quality wise
That's great news for me. I am perfectly fine with the quality of CMU. I have a 3D projector, but I suppose it should work also in VR if it supports SBD/T&B.
So this means there are even more games playable in 3D, awesome. Is there a list of games supported by Superdepth 3D ?
In RDR2 it's working in story mode but not online mode
That's great news still. I am pleased with just the story mode. I just wanna experience the wild west world of RDR2 in 3D.
Horizon Zero Dawn is working fine with Depth 3D
That's another great news right there.

Thank you Chtiblue for all these goodness tips.
Looking forward to give a shot to Superdepth 3D.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

floph wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:08 am
SuperDepth3D is equal to CMU quality wise
That's great news for me. I am perfectly fine with the quality of CMU. I have a 3D projector, but I suppose it should work also in VR if it supports SBD/T&B.
So this means there are even more games playable in 3D, awesome. Is there a list of games supported by Superdepth 3D ?
You're welcome

Yeah it has a SuperDepth3D VR mode, but I didn't try it yet

I can't think about a game not supported by SuperDepth3D :woot

There is usefull explications in the RDR2 posts about how to proper use SuperDepth3D ;)
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Yeah I will be trying this game in Superdepth also. One thing about superdepth I do like over CM is the option to use black bars on the sides of the screen to hide the blur, useful if you really crank up the depth.

I've had a lot of titles not work with it, but they are always co-op so probably the online portion breaks it: NBA2k, Division 1&2, Breakpoint, Wildlands, etc. Oddly though CM works great in Wildlands & Breakpoint, but not the rest.
Chtiblue wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:07 am In RDR2 it's working in story mode but not online mode because reshade disable depth buffers for online game to avoid cheating and banning But you can find reshade version that works online in PGHub discord server, you can find invitation for this servr in the Reshde discord server :woot 8=
Is this online version of reshade strickly made for RDR2 online only, or does it unlock the depthmap for any online game??? because that would be amazing if it worked across the board..
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Shift-E wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:07 am
Chtiblue wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:07 am In RDR2 it's working in story mode but not online mode because reshade disable depth buffers for online game to avoid cheating and banning But you can find reshade version that works online in PGHub discord server, you can find invitation for this servr in the Reshde discord server :woot 8=
Is this online version of reshade strickly made for RDR2 online only, or does it unlock the depthmap for any online game??? because that would be amazing if it worked across the board..
Yep for any online game, I just get it work with The Division 1! What a blast, I think this the best looking game from Ubisoft, can't wait to try The Division 2 :woot

Just beware with thoses games as BlueSkyDefender mentionned it:

BlueSkyDefender13/10/2018
"Warnings
This Channel is used to warn you where not to use the ReShade DLL.
Games You Risk Permanent Bans
Destiny 2 - Confirmed
Call of Duty: Warzone - Confirmed
War Thunder - Confirmed "If devs check your game."
Overwatch"
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

Chtiblue wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:58 am Yep for any online game, I just get it work with The Division 1! What a blast, I think this the best looking game from Ubisoft, can't wait to try The Division 2 :woot
If The Division 1 is indeed a true masterpiece, The Division 2 is truly spectacular. I got The Division 2 for 3$ when it was on sale on their store. When I saw it that cheap I got it right away, without giving a second thought whether it will ever work in 3D or not. But if it eventually works, it will be a blast.
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

Shift-E wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:07 am Oddly though CM works great in Wildlands & Breakpoint, but not the rest.
Does it work with CM Unleashed too ? I suppose any game that works with CM should work with CMU as well, right ?
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

So I picked this up and verified it does work with Superdepth3D reshade, no BattlEye or EAC etc (even thought its single player, you never know with Ubi).

The only problem is I am getting a lot of annoying artifacts in the blur used around objects and the player for occlusion. When moving the camera , you will see double images of the object on the edge of the blur etc. I had the same issue in Mafia Definitive Edition and stopped playing that game in hope of a future miracle helixblog fix. I think it might be the AA used, I really hate games that don't allow you to turn off AA completely. At 4k, it's rarely even needed. Is anyone else seeing this? I tired Normal and Alpha settings for the blur, Alpha looks best to my eyes. I will try an older version of superdepth tonight (I used the one that comes automatically as an option with reshade on AC:V and Mafia).

Aside from that, I can say the graphics on this game are impressive. Definitely an improvement from the last 2, and a more interesting world to explore once you turn off the HUD elements.
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

I just tried it quickly and just by eye-crossing on my 2D TV I saw only a very minor double image on the boy's forehead but nothing else. Just the usual halos around the main character.
There is a slider for edge artifacts in the Occlusion Masking menu of Superdepth3D. Maybe it can improve the artifacts. Also there is the View Mode - try to switch between View Mode Normal and View Mode Alpha.
I will run it on the big projector later on to have a better look on it.
Strangely, only SuperDepth3D_VR.fx works for me. The regular SuperDepth3D.fx does not give me any 3D effect. I wonder why. I ran the game also in Administrator mode and no difference.

The graphics of this game look indeed amazing.
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

Shift-E wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:26 am So I picked this up and verified it does work with Superdepth3D reshade, no BattlEye or EAC etc (even thought its single player, you never know with Ubi).

The only problem is I am getting a lot of annoying artifacts in the blur used around objects and the player for occlusion. When moving the camera , you will see double images of the object on the edge of the blur etc. I had the same issue in Mafia Definitive Edition and stopped playing that game in hope of a future miracle helixblog fix. I think it might be the AA used, I really hate games that don't allow you to turn off AA completely. At 4k, it's rarely even needed. Is anyone else seeing this? I tired Normal and Alpha settings for the blur, Alpha looks best to my eyes. I will try an older version of superdepth tonight (I used the one that comes automatically as an option with reshade on AC:V and Mafia).

Aside from that, I can say the graphics on this game are impressive. Definitely an improvement from the last 2, and a more interesting world to explore once you turn off the HUD elements.
I got CM Unleashed to work with Assassin's Creed Valhalla by creating a 3DFixManager profile with DirectX 11 :D
It's not perfect, but I switched some profiles in Nvidia Profile Inspector and the best it looks with the Assassin's Creed Syndicate profile.

Superdepth3D doesn't give me good 3D depth unfortunately.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

I thought that the game required DX 12 (?)
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

No ray tracing in this game?
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

thebigdogma wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:49 pm I thought that the game required DX 12 (?)
That's what they say in their Requirements.
But since CM Unleashed does kick in AC Valhalla, does this mean that it actually supports DirectX 11 as well ?
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

It is DX12 only. Nvidia's 3D Vision Compatibility Mode does in theory support DX12 as well, although I've never been able to play a DX12 in 3DVision so far :)
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

helifax wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:43 am It is DX12 only. Nvidia's 3D Vision Compatibility Mode does in theory support DX12 as well, although I've never been able to play a DX12 in 3DVision so far :)
Same here... I thought CM (not CMU) was working in Marvel's Avengers, but I was mistaken.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

So I resolved my Superdepth issue, it now looks sooo much better. This is seriously the best looking fake 3D game I have ever played. I guess this is the future for DX12 games for the time being.
floph wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:48 pm Superdepth3D doesn't give me good 3D depth unfortunately.
you can have as much depth as you can handle, just hold CONTROL and click on the depth and separation fields and you can manually enter anything you want. There is a good write up of how to use Superdepth in the RDR2 thread.

I am personally using 140 Depth and .150/.150 convergence on a 65" screen and it looks fantastic to me. very surprised in fact at how good it looks, could never play this in 2D. We should probably have a dedicated Superdepth thread, since this is the only option for DX12 games for the foreseeable future and is going to get a lot of use and the usual questions.
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

Shift-E wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:14 am So I resolved my Superdepth issue, it now looks sooo much better. This is seriously the best looking fake 3D game I have ever played. I guess this is the future for DX12 games for the time being.
floph wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:48 pm Superdepth3D doesn't give me good 3D depth unfortunately.
you can have as much depth as you can handle, just hold CONTROL and click on the depth and separation fields and you can manually enter anything you want. There is a good write up of how to use Superdepth in the RDR2 thread.

I am personally using 140 Depth and .150/.150 convergence on a 65" screen and it looks fantastic to me. very surprised in fact at how good it looks, could never play this in 2D. We should probably have a dedicated Superdepth thread, since this is the only option for DX12 games for the foreseeable future and is going to get a lot of use and the usual questions.
So happy that you got AC Valhalla to look fantastic in 3D with Superdepth3D.
I tried Superdepth3D with Valhalla at lunch day last week but the 3D didn't look good at all to me.
Also when I selected the Dept Map View checkbox there was only black screen, no depth whatsoever.
Could you post here your [SuperDepth3D.fx] settings from the .ini file ? And perhaps some screenshots ?
Much appreciated !

One thing I like at Superdepth3D over CMU is that I can use other reshade shaders to improve sharpness, color temperature, add HDR effect, and it really makes a big difference. Not sure if it's possible to use reshade and CMU at the same time. I think I've read here somewhere on the forum that reshade cannot be used with the helixmod fixes, due to some injection conflicts.

Cheers
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

helifax wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:43 am It is DX12 only. Nvidia's 3D Vision Compatibility Mode does in theory support DX12 as well, although I've never been able to play a DX12 in 3DVision so far :)
What about Shadow of the Tomb Raider?
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Lysander wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:24 pm
I couldn't get it to work in DX12 no matter what... so I played it on DX11 ^_^

helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

floph wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:48 am
Shift-E wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:14 am So I resolved my Superdepth issue, it now looks sooo much better. This is seriously the best looking fake 3D game I have ever played. I guess this is the future for DX12 games for the time being.

So happy that you got AC Valhalla to look fantastic in 3D with Superdepth3D.
I tried Superdepth3D with Valhalla at lunch day last week but the 3D didn't look good at all to me.
Also when I selected the Dept Map View checkbox there was only black screen, no depth whatsoever.
Could you post here your [SuperDepth3D.fx] settings from the .ini file ? And perhaps some screenshots ?
Much appreciated !

One thing I like at Superdepth3D over CMU is that I can use other reshade shaders to improve sharpness, color temperature, add HDR effect, and it really makes a big difference. Not sure if it's possible to use reshade and CMU at the same time. I think I've read here somewhere on the forum that reshade cannot be used with the helixmod fixes, due to some injection conflicts.

Cheers
Reshade should work perfectly fine with Compatibility Mode Unleashed (CMU). CMU basically overrides/injects custom code in the Nvidia 3D Vision driver to override some of their locks. If Reshade works fine with the game in 2D and then the game starts in 3D with Reshade, CMU doesn't care ^_^
Hope this helps solve this mystery :D

Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

helifax wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:30 pm
Lysander wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:24 pm
I couldn't get it to work in DX12 no matter what... so I played it on DX11 ^_^
Damn...even with that workaround I messaged you about? It bugs me lol
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

Hello!

Did someone get this working with CMU, my high hopes was that this will work, because previous 2 games was amazing with it.
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

Skawen wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:13 am Hello!

Did someone get this working with CMU, my high hopes was that this will work, because previous 2 games was amazing with it.
Hello!

I know how good CMU looked in AC Odyssey, Origins, Unity, Syndicate.

So I decided to try CMU with AC Valhalla, but unfortunately I didn't got very good results. Too many visual artifacts. Somewhat the least annoying results I got with the AC Syndicate profile, but still unplayable.

I also tried Superdepth3D with Valhalla, but that didn't work great for me either. I still plan to give another try to Superdepth3D, as I think I might have missed some settings.
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

Thank You very much for response, sad that it's not working :(
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

I works for Shift-E
viewtopic.php?p=174954#p174954
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

Unfortunately I don't have Superdepth3D capable tech :(
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Did anyone ever manage to play The Division 2 with SuperDepth 3D? Or any other form of 3D?

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”