Fallout 4: anyone get 3DMigoto working w/Load Accelerator?

Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Fallout 4: anyone get 3DMigoto working w/Load Accelerator?

Post by Shift-E »

So I am playing FO4 for the first time in 3D, everything is great except for the brutal load times...even on a SSD. The first time I played (at launch), the load screens were 0-3 seconds tops. I understand a lot of things have changed since then and the load speed is now locked by the FPS, so mods like Load Accelerator are needed. There are 2 mods for this: one is a dxgi.dll and one is d3d11.dll.

I have tried proxy linking them in 3DMigoto ini, one crashes on launch - the other launches, but does not do anything. Without 3DM, they both work flawlessly and reduce loading by around 90%. I tried renaming the dll files, I tried the newest version of 3DM and older versions recommended in some old posts I found to work well with proxy reshade etc. I could not get it to work, so I figured I would check if anyone here ever used any Load Accelerator together with 3DM successfully?
Blacksmith60

Re: Fallout 4: anyone get 3DMigoto working w/Load Accelerator?

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Afair it worked with the dxgi version here, but I had to let it go, because it doesn't work well with reshade, which imo is a must for deeper and darker shadows and also AA !
I can't make the proxy thing work, not in FO4 or any other game :(

But I have 500 mods loaded in FO4 and it looks gorgeous, but a little shaky some places ;)

I have also merged alot of textures directly into the original Fallout4-textures.ba2 files, that reduces the loading time alot, there's a script you have to use for this, find it here https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23556
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:40 am Afair it worked with the dxgi version here, but I had to let it go, because it doesn't work well with reshade, which imo is a must for deeper and darker shadows and also AA !
I can't make the proxy thing work, not in FO4 or any other game :(

But I have 500 mods loaded in FO4 and it looks gorgeous, but a little shaky some places ;)

I have also merged alot of textures directly into the original Fallout4-textures.ba2 files, that reduces the loading time alot, there's a script you have to use for this, find it here https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23556
Yeah it works with reshade as a dxgi.dll, but the load accelerator dxgi crashes trying to launch with 3DM dll. I guess I will have to give up and deal with it, I just know those loading times will get worse as I get deeper into the game. I have it modded to perfection, combining all of my textures would only help a little - it is mainly the FPS problem, as using a load accelerator with all of my 4k textures works perfectly fast (but I cannot play without vsync). I love BGS, but its crazy how they broke their own game (and thats not even mentioning the DLC breaking precombines).
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

I don't have the high resolution pack installed in order to test, but you should be able to do a small tweak to dramatically improve this.

If I'm understanding the problem correctly, this is similar to the problem that GTA 4 had, where it would load slow while 3D was enabled.

In this case, if it's tied to a frame rate, set the vsync to off in game, and also off in nvidia control panel. Then when you are loading you can do a ctrl-T to disable 3D while it's loading, which will allow the frame rate to run amok. When you ctrl-T to put 3D back on- it will cap framerate at 120 like usual for 3D.
Not sure that works here, but might be worth a try.

Getting a dxgi loader to work here should be possible. 3Dmigoto hooks dxgi instead of wrapping it. Would be worth experimenting with the hooking in d3dx.ini.

Also, for proxy loading in 3Dmigoto- it was broken for quite awhile. Update the version of 3Dmigoto used here to 1.3.16 and try it again. We fixed proxy loading somewhere along the line, but I'll bet this fix is using an old version.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

bo3bber wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:33 pm I don't have the high resolution pack installed in order to test, but you should be able to do a small tweak to dramatically improve this.

If I'm understanding the problem correctly, this is similar to the problem that GTA 4 had, where it would load slow while 3D was enabled.

In this case, if it's tied to a frame rate, set the vsync to off in game, and also off in nvidia control panel. Then when you are loading you can do a ctrl-T to disable 3D while it's loading, which will allow the frame rate to run amok. When you ctrl-T to put 3D back on- it will cap framerate at 120 like usual for 3D.
Not sure that works here, but might be worth a try.

Getting a dxgi loader to work here should be possible. 3Dmigoto hooks dxgi instead of wrapping it. Would be worth experimenting with the hooking in d3dx.ini.

Also, for proxy loading in 3Dmigoto- it was broken for quite awhile. Update the version of 3Dmigoto used here to 1.3.16 and try it again. We fixed proxy loading somewhere along the line, but I'll bet this fix is using an old version.
Yeah its not a 3D issue, all users have it - thats why these load accelerator mods are so popular. Also I am using TaB on 3Dtv, so the 120 cap will not work for me unfortunately. Heck 120 would be great, 2x as fast as the 60 I am locked at. The Load Accelerator mods basically just turn off vsync when loading, and turn it back on for gameplay. If I turn off vsync it loads very fast of course (as the FPS soars) , but the screen tearing is unplayable once gameplay begins. I think 1.3.16 might be one of the versions I tired, but I will try it out again.

One question if you don't mind, how do I hook dxgi instead of wrapping it? I see the hook documentation in d3dx.ini, but do not fully understand it. I took a look at the MSGV fix, but it seems that hook solution is unique to that game (?). I am not familiar with how I would set it up for the mod's dxgi.dll..a google search turned up nothing helpful..
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Perhaps the Load Accelerator can be proxied like this user did with ENB in Skyrim SE?
jia1009 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:00 am 3d + enb both working step:

1、 Unzip the contents of the fix in the root folder of the game ("Skyrim Special Edition"), where "SkyrimSE.exe" is.(https://masterotaku.s3.amazonaws.com/Sk ... dfix_v8.7z),setup the proxy in the d3dx.ini.
like this(;proxy_d3d11=d3d11_helix.dll = proxy_d3d11=d3d11_helix.dll)。

2、Download this file,copy this d3d11.dll to game folder(http://sg.bo3b.net/fallout4/FO4_1.2.72Eng.7z

3、Download your enb files, copy to game folder (exclude d3d11.dll)

4、Download enb 343 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DZzlUP ... bArKW/view),rename the d3d11.dll as d3d11_helix.dll, just copy d3d11_helix.dll to game folder.

enjoy your game.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”