Dying Light

schwing
Cross Eyed!

Dying Light

Post by schwing »

<Reserved, as I'm currently fixing and improving DHR's 2016 fix since it's broken>
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Re: Dying Light

Post by schwing »

<Reserved>
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Are you fixing The Following ?
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

Yes, I do own it. I've been dealing with personal things so it will be a while before I get to that part. I don't see any mention of The Following in the existing fix, so it's possible it will be fixed when I fix the base game first.
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

No problem, thanks and take care.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

schwing wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:18 pm     Yes, I do own it. I've been dealing with personal things so it will be a while before I get to that part. I don't see any mention of The Following in the existing fix, so it's possible it will be fixed when I fix the base game first.
I played through this game and the following last year, and the DHR fix was perfect for both except for the water reflections on puddles (known issue). Did something else break the fix? I don't have it installed to check, but I agree the following expansion should be fine if the base game is fixed..

Looking forward to Dying Light 2 :!: :!:
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

I would love an update, for some reason the old fix never was perfect here, I even had to swich profile to to MP3, just to make it look playable ??

Stay safe schwing!
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. I'm still working on this (right now even). Hope you guys are safe as well!
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

I'm playing the first edition from 2015 with the last fix. Works perfectly exept pagescreen reflection wich is not uncommun, and the HUD where only a part is 3D, sadly the crossair is not auto for me. I've tweaked a bit the .ini but no luck.
I've also noticed some very very rare shadow error at first but it does not bother me.

The first fix I use was wrong with the character hands, so I'd ditched the game since but it's resolved now.

Thanks all.

W7U 64
i7 4790K
SLi 1080
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lundamyrstrollet »

Works flawlessly on my side with win 10 1903... As stated on HelixBlog: "The fix support the The Following - Enhanced Edition..." same with the the final patched Maingame without DLCs
Dynamic Crosshair is there, same with the Chromatic Abberration cutout with O Key...AO has to set to HBAO+ and PCSS Shadows must turned off
Rain Puddles Reflecs and some Water Reflections (at Night) are off. Iirr DHR states in GF Forum at that time he made that fix, the Reflections are not so easy to fix...
And the final Fix was a very long Journey,took a YEAR before final Fix Release, mainly because Problems from the Game itself.. I can remember mainly Performance Problems and many difficulties based on Game Engine before some Patches arrive, had to play with CM the first Months after Release...

What an immersive Game, waiting also for DL2, which will be a DX11 Title afaik :shutter
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

I've fixed the dynamic crosshair problem and finished stereoizing the HUD, pause menu, inventory menus, loading screen, and main menu. I was working on another feature, but the testing is nearly complete without it. So I'll hold off on it, clean up what I have, and post a WIP by the end of the week.

Ah, I only looked through the ini and shaders, not the blog page. That's good to know, as it sounds like there isn't much different between the two modes. I doubt I'll be the first to test The Following when I post the WIP. If the WIP doesn't cause any issues, then it will be rather sufficient aside from the known issues, which will give me more time to come back to this and complete the fix.
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

So I've try the Enhanced version, well first got in 3D from 25/30fps to 55/60 ! Way smoother !!! SLi is back now !

3D seams perfect, exept no auto crossair (for me same as the original game version).

But my system is always kinda messup since a long wild now, my green overlay still doesnt show correct informations, I alway got the not yet rated message, but 3D usely works anyway.

I've W10 on another partion, but nevermind. I kinda hate W10 so it's last resort, like for Control, I'd to switch on it...
schwing wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:56 pmI've fixed the dynamic crosshair problem and finished stereoizing the HUD
I'll try that, but since guns are loud and bring back monster, I think I'll be rarely using the crossair, but it's kinda anoying to having it in 2D in your sight, so well done you !
Feisty_Fernando

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

I just had another update roll out for this game on steam. I'll have to test the 3D.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

While the gun crosshair can't be turned off, the dot crosshair can. So melee-only is a viable way to play in 3D. I just tested the new update and it hasn't affected anything I fixed.

However, I've decided to hold off on the fix for now. I did more testing today and found too many major issues. For instance, the auto-crosshair behaves erratically in newer areas I tested, and the weapons break 3D without the incomplete feature I mentioned. With the feature, the depth of other objects is borked right now.

I should take a lot more time finishing the feature and ironing out the issues. I'm not sure how DHR got the auto-crosshair working without accounting for weapons, but it will look pretty cool when it's done. Naturally I don't have a time estimate, but I'll give a general one when my personal work dies down.
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Maybe just put the crossair inside the screen for the time being. Auto is just a plus.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

I figure I'll update this thread now since it's not going to be for a while. I've postponed my work on the fix for up to two months to continue with personal affairs. If someone else wants to post a fix with just the crosshair working, then feel free and I'll update the OP until I can continue this. I currently don't have a crosshair fix as I haven't touched anything since my last post.

I hope everyone is doing well with current affairs and hopefully this awful year dies down. Stay safe and have a great week!
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

Dying Light 2 Stay Human PC Requirements Revealed :

Dying Light 2 Stay Human is out on February 4th 2022
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Does Windows 7 compatible means DX11 compatible too?
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Chtiblue wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:49 am Does Windows 7 compatible means DX11 compatible too?
yeah, interesting

https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-final ... ain-games/
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

Confirmed DX11
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

oh damn!!! Wow, thanks for this, this is great news!
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Hot damn, good news indeed!!!!
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

They use a new engine... Switching from Chrome Engine to brand new C-Engine to better adaptation for old and futur consoles (PS4 to PS6 they say).
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

[edited]
My bad the preorder key is only skins...
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

No news about Dying Light 2 ?

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”