Post by stfparis17 »

big hit coming soon on PC
if confirmed in the coming weeks

https://kotaku.com/sources-horizon-zero ... 1841043569
sebastatu
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by sebastatu »

I'm excited about these news. Hoping it is Dx11. I'm still bummed RDR2 is not DX11 therefore we can't play in Real 3D. I still have hopes we can in the future. :/
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

Yeah I will be interested the second DX11 is confirmed. Vulcan is fast becoming one of my least favorite words in gaming.. :cry:

I also hope it includes HDR, as I always heard about how great the HDR is in this title on PS4.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

It's the decimal engine right? Anyone know anything about it, since it was a game developed for console and a sony console at that I guess Dx11 is less likely than usual
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

It's official. Last piece of the puzzle, please include DX11...Death Stranding uses same engine (Decima) right? I guess we'll find out...fingers crossed..

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ ... med-for-pc
sebastatu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sebastatu »

Its Finally here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1151 ... e_Edition/

Wonder what kind of API will this be? I hope we get a DX11 version for glorious 3D. :geek:
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Finally announced relase date: August 7th 2020

unfortunately DX12 as expected.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1151 ... e_Edition/
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Long Live Vulkan and DirectX12 (less since is another "locked" API) :mrgreen:

This was to be expected. I am amazed that DX11 wasn't scrapped completely 2 years ago... :lol:

We have to realise how OLD DirectX11 is (2009 - 2020, it's more than a decade! It is ancient!). I know, we don't like it since 3D Vision Automatic only supports DX9/DX11. But 3D Vision DIRECT is basically just interacting with the HARDWARE and say display!
Virtual Reality is the Future! This doesn't mean we can't use our very old 3D Vision Hardware (released in 2009 - again over a decade), but it requires a lot more effort and engagement from people that care about :shutter .

3D Vision Direct, is just that: Render Left eye, Render Right eye -> Show on a 3D Vision Monitor & Glasses & Emitter! THAT IS IT! :)
Sure, we all get emotional about not seeing "our game" in Stereo3D, but does that mean we can't make it?!

Vulkan & DirectX12 is WAAAY more advanced than DirectX11/OpenGL was and DirectX9 before! I, for one, WELCOME the change :ugeek:

Cheers,
Helifax
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

VF maybe the future but it's really not for everyone. I don't see myself getting over the VR sickness and I already get motion sickness in some normal games as it is. I also don't think its ideal for all types of games.
I want to see holographic display technology with no glasses in the future as a possible replacement for 3dvision. I agree about dx12 being necessary but "new" api's are always slow on the uptake. Was dx10 ever a thing at all? They had already moved on to 11 before any developers really started using 10.

I just hope we have someone like Helifax to save us for dx12 too. ))
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Necropants wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:11 pm Was dx10 ever a thing at all? They had already moved on to 11 before any developers really started using 10.
Yeah... DX 10 was at "the wrong time & wrong place". It was basically DX9.3 with a bits of DX11.

Vulkan and DirectX12 is appealing for the following reasons:
- LOW LEVEL API - which means you can optimise the "HELL" of it (DX9 and DX11 are "higher" level APIs in this regard).
- Raytracing
- but most importantly "DLSS" - and AI reconstruction!

A lot of people are sold on this! Ray-tracing (the same one used in Autodesk Maya/3DMax, etc) is actually how the REAL WORLD works ;) Sure, we are not there yet! But, just seeing adding a few Ray-traced effects here and there shows the way forward!
In the end we all want an alternate Virtual World :D (Just imagine The Matrix... :ugeek: ) Sure, we are far from that form of interaction, but computer graphics is also "a new-born child" (1990's - to this date - I left the early days out intentionally, as SOFTWARE rendering really doesn't count at this point IMO ) that grows! Eventually, we will get there!
(I just hope that I GET TO SEE IT, at least once ^_^, in my life-cycle) :oops:

Stereo3D plays now A BIGGER ROLE than it did 10 years ago in the form of VIRTUAL REALITY. I know the tech is not "there yet", but MAN, for me it doesn't compare even with my 3D Surround System that I used! (Yes, the darn pixels are not the same! But, the feeling of "being closer" to that world, it's PERFECT! - or as close as we can get today ^_^).

So.. more Stereo3D and Virtual Reality development PLEASE (HARDWARE and SOFTWARE) :!:

Cheers,
Helifax
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

So in case anyone was wondering, Superdepth3D is working for this game. I did some minor adjustments during lunch and getting good depth, will take me a while to get used to those halos though (alpha seems to work better than default).

Anyone thinking of picking it up should watch the Digital Foundry analysis first as this port has issues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w-pZm7 ... e=youtu.be

I set Vsynch and AF via NCP and off in game, and am getting 45-60 FPS at true 4K on a 2080ti/9900 - BUT I am just in starting valley and not in the true open world yet so its bound to plummet. The 4K issue is so dumb, I have to set to borderless and then back to fullscreen to get true 4k as noted, and then the superdepth3D will work. Hope that gets patched quick! not sure how the rest of these reviewers didnt notice this stuff. Very unfortunate AMD sponsored this game, so no DLSS 2.0 - which is working miracles for Death Stranding on the same engine. That would have helped alleviate the optimization shortcomings of this port. I should also mention I am using very old drivers, and not the game ready ones it warns I should be using (but my game is smooth without stutters so far, so I am going to test more before updating them).
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

I am running it on a 1070 at 1920x1080 with most settings on Ultra (no Bloom and shadows low) with 3DV active and performance is excellent. And, while there are shadows, lighting and sky issues, they are not deal breakers and can be mitigated to a certain degree by tweaking some settings.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get a screen shot - they are just coming out black, so can't show what it looks like... but not too bad.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Thats weird, I cannot get 3DV to work. It shifts image with Control-T, but increasing convergence just slides textures apart. no 3D at all, updated drivers to current and same result. Superdepth looks pretty good though, HDR is fantastic in this game.
Last edited by Shift-E on Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

Hello
Can you give us the 3d vision link to enable this one?
Thank you
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

stfparis17 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:41 am Hello
Thank you
Not sure what you mean by "link," but my setup is:

W10 1903/driver 451.48 (standard)/1070/asus vg278he

W10 (won't start when using W8.1 - as expected) is required and I didn't touch any of the compatibility settings for the game. I simply chose "Fullscreen" in the game's graphics settings and 3DV kicked-in. I do get a notice each time I start the game that I have an incompatible driver, but I just hit "OK" and the game starts straightaway.
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

thebigdogma wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:46 am
stfparis17 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:41 am Hello
Thank you
Not sure what you mean by "link," but my setup is:

W10 1903/driver 451.48 (standard)/1070/asus vg278he

W10 (won't start when using W8.1 - as expected) is required and I didn't touch any of the compatibility settings for the game. I simply chose "Fullscreen" in the game's graphics settings and 3DV kicked-in. I do get a notice each time I start the game that I have an incompatible driver, but I just hit "OK" and the game starts straightaway.
Oups I have windows 7

incompatible games it seems to me
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Yep - both W10 and DX12 required - no way around it.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

DAMN i need this game in 3D it looks so Amazing!
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

It is! I played it on PS4 when it launched a few years back, but this version is superior. While there is no question that playing in S3D is on the rough side - in terms of broken lighting, shadows and skybox issues - I have mitigated it somewhat by turning shadows off, anti-aliasing off, bloom off and clouds on low. In certain times of day and when the task lights are not so prevalent, it is playable.

So, I will play in S3D in some spots and switch to monoscopic in others. I can't say that I would recommend playing it in S3D, but I am pretty tolerant of the issues and am willing to push it as far as I can before it becomes too much.

I did the same thing with Strange Brigade - not ideal... but I'll pretty much tolerate most anything to play in S3D! :D
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

I was able to force dx11 in launch options, activated CM and was able to get this screen. Will post a few more when I have time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

thebigdogma wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:40 pm I was able to force dx11 in launch options, activated CM and was able to get this screen. Will post a few more when I have time.
Very good news!

Hoping for 3Dmigoto working...

Is Helifax Cm unleashed working too?
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Two more shots...

CMU does activate, but f10 and f12 don't have any effect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

BTW... went back to Strange Brigade (the first game I purchased that was Vulkan/DX12 only) and was able to force DX11 in it as well - CM with Battlefield 4 profile not too bad.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

thebigdogma wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:56 am Two more shots...

I don't have the game yet, but CMU if tweaked properly works on absolutely any game that I have tried (and I tried A LOT of DX11 game over the time).
I don't think this is different, but who knows :D

Awesome stuff! How did you force it in DX11?

helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

thebigdogma wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:56 am Two more shots...

I don't have the game yet, but CMU if tweaked properly works on absolutely any game that I have tried (and I tried A LOT of DX11 game over the time).
I don't think this is different, but who knows :D

Awesome stuff! How did you force it in DX11?

If it works in DX11 maybe/perhaps someone will look into making a geo3D fix for the game :P :?:

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

It's kind of weird...

I just put -force-d3d11 in the game's Steam launch options - that's all it took.

When I am in-game, I can turn CM on and off and there is a noticeable difference between the two, so I know CM is working, but I can only make minimal adjustments to separation, no adjustments to convergence while in CM mode, and taking screens is iffy.

With CMU, I get the "tada" but f10 and f12 don't do anything... so not sure what is going on.
Losti

Post by Losti »

@thebigdogma, can you insert 3D migoto 1.3.16 from its release Page, copy it to the game exe folder and run the game without CM and look if it Kick in and a Lot file is created?
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Losti wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:52 pm @thebigdogma, can you insert 3D migoto 1.3.16 from its release Page, copy it to the game exe folder and run the game without CM and look if it Kick in and a Lot file is created?
Log files attached... not sure if 3dmigoto kicked in or not... never used it before and not sure what to look for. There were no text calls on-screen, but there were a series of audible "boops" when the game launched.
Losti

Post by Losti »

thebigdogma wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:55 am
Losti wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:52 pm @thebigdogma, can you insert 3D migoto 1.3.16 from its release Page, copy it to the game exe folder and run the game without CM and look if it Kick in and a Lot file is created?
Log files attached... not sure if 3dmigoto kicked in or not... never used it before and not sure what to look for. There were no text calls on-screen, but there were a series of audible "boops" when the game launched.
Thanks for checking. But this means the game will NOT start with DX11. I have checked the log file:

FATAL: Unsupported DirectX Version!
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

That's too bad... why do you think that ctrl-alt-f11 changes the 3D environment? There is a noticeable difference between when CM is supposedly activated and when it is off and native 3DV is active.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

This is interesting, and maybe I am not following things correctly. Are you saying that CM works, with good depth (as far as CM goes) and everything?
I am one of those people that do not mind playing games in CM providing it works, but recently I have been finding alot of games that will render the game at depth but without depth/convergence.

If so I might look at picking this game up. It's pretty standard with CM games to not be able to adjust convergence very much but provided its not flat I can live with it...
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

If DX11 is not kicking in, then it is my understanding that CM shouldn't work.

But it seems to anyway... there is a distinct difference in the game between when CM is active and when it is not. When CM is active, there is depth, but it can't be raised any higher than what you see in the screens above - only lowered, and convergence can't be adjusted at all.

When CM is disabled, "real" 3DV kicks in and depth and convergence can both be adjusted.

But, as I said earlier, there are issues with lights, skybox, etc. It is playable (by my eyes) in spots, depending on time of day, etc., but you have to be pretty tolerant - even in CM mode.
Losti

Post by Losti »

thebigdogma wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:58 pm If DX11 is not kicking in, then it is my understanding that CM shouldn't work.

But it seems to anyway... there is a distinct difference in the game between when CM is active and when it is not. When CM is active, there is depth, but it can't be raised any higher than what you see in the screens above - only lowered, and convergence can't be adjusted at all.

When CM is disabled, "real" 3DV kicks in and depth and convergence can both be adjusted.

But, as I said earlier, there are issues with lights, skybox, etc. It is playable (by my eyes) in spots, depending on time of day, etc., but you have to be pretty tolerant - even in CM mode.
Can you hunt shaders with the migoto you copied over ?? Numpad 1/2/3/4 ??? Ja this changing shaders of?je yes can you Post one or 2 ?kg doesnt matters which.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Losti wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:58 pm
thebigdogma wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:58 pm If DX11 is not kicking in, then it is my understanding that CM shouldn't work.

Can you hunt shaders with the migoto you copied over ?? Numpad 1/2/3/4 ??? Ja this changing shaders of?je yes can you Post one or 2 ?kg doesnt matters which.
No, can't hunt shaders.

Also, I was able to get this shot with low separation and high convergence - not too bad!
Losti

Post by Losti »

Ok thank you for testing. So migoto is not working :-(

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”