Monster Hunter ICeborn 3d vision

stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Monster Hunter ICeborn 3d vision

Post by stfparis17 »

Hello
before buying the extension I wanted to know if it is playable in 3d vision?
Monster Hunter World was compatible with a 3D vision fix
does it also work with Iceborn?
Thank you
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Monster Hunter ICeborn 3d vision

Post by Necropants »

it's a bit broken and DJ-Rk's patch will need an update I think
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

Hello
i just took the dlc iceborn
small return on the game in 3d vision CM
everything works but there is a problem concerning objects on the ground (foliage / plants / tents) which on a mission ... "slides" "moves" shifts at the same time as we run or walk ... which makes it unpleasant experience
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

stfparis17 wrote:Hello
i just took the dlc iceborn
small return on the game in 3d vision CM
everything works but there is a problem concerning objects on the ground (foliage / plants / tents) which on a mission ... "slides" "moves" shifts at the same time as we run or walk ... which makes it unpleasant experience
(ps) In CM it works well..even if I think a small fix will be required to make the experience more pleasant.

In True 3d vision back of the black left eye: o (
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

I upgraded to the latest driver profiles theres a new driver for iceborn.

Also remove the 3dfix if you want to play in CM
This stops the "sliding." I have found out recently alot of 3dmigoto fixes actually brake CM when installed and give you issues like you describe.
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

Necropants wrote:I upgraded to the latest driver profiles theres a new driver for iceborn.

This stops the "sliding." I have found out recently alot of 3dmigoto fixes actually brake CM when installed and give you issues like you describe.

I'm on Windows 7 x64
and I play in 3d vision
I keep the driver 425.31 to continue playing in 3d vision.
No more support for 3d after 425.31
I am wrong ?
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Use 3dfix manager to update to the latest driver from 425.31 pretty sure it works in windows 7 as well. Or you probably can just export/import the the profiles for it. Using Geforce SLI profile manager but you shouldnt need to. The game is broke in real 3d but this should fix CM.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Should have an update either tomorrow or in the next couple days. Started back to work last week so my time and energy is once again in short supply, so although I may intend to finish my work on this asap, the reality of things may be way different.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Awesome, thanks dude. Make sure you take it easy.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

I'll put out a mini WIP here, for now, to get things in a similar working state to the original fix release, while I work on a couple improvements and remaining issues.

Known remaining issues:
-There is a bit of a ghosting/haloing effect over certain bodies of water/reflections
-There is a velocity blur during cutscenes
-Some shadows still have some clipping (but should be much improved from the original)

With that said, I've barely made any progress into the base game, so I'm quite a bit away before I'll ever get to see what snow looks like, and that could very well be broken af. Would appreciate a report in from anyone that could confirm, or any other issues other than what I mentioned above.

Download
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Will try soon, I am still around the end of the base game, 80 hours in but I should be there soon. (your milleage may very cause I am not very good at this game and have done it all solo)

*edit*

Looking good, only issue I have other than what you mentioned is when starting up the game I get a 3dmigoto error "Warning: Could not update profile." Unsure if this is causing any issues.
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

DJ-RK wrote:I'll put out a mini WIP here, for now, to get things in a similar working state to the original fix release, while I work on a couple improvements and remaining issues.

Known remaining issues:
-There is a bit of a ghosting/haloing effect over certain bodies of water/reflections
-There is a velocity blur during cutscenes
-Some shadows still have some clipping (but should be much improved from the original)

With that said, I've barely made any progress into the base game, so I'm quite a bit away before I'll ever get to see what snow looks like, and that could very well be broken af. Would appreciate a report in from anyone that could confirm, or any other issues other than what I mentioned above.

Download
Hello DJ-RK

Thank you for fix.

rgds
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

Necropants wrote:Will try soon, I am still around the end of the base game, 80 hours in but I should be there soon. (your milleage may very cause I am not very good at this game and have done it all solo)

*edit*

Looking good, only issue I have other than what you mentioned is when starting up the game I get a 3dmigoto error "Warning: Could not update profile." Unsure if this is causing any issues.

exactly the same
driver425.31 Windows7 64

surely a small shell in the fix
which I think or hope will be corrected shortly
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Necropants wrote:Looking good, only issue I have other than what you mentioned is when starting up the game I get a 3dmigoto error "Warning: Could not update profile." Unsure if this is causing any issues.
Yeah, I've been finding that happens when we use 3DMigoto to set driver flags lately. It usually spits that error the first time, but does actually manage to apply the settings, so on the next boot it doesn't give that error.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Yeah the first time I have seen this happen and unfortunately, it persists after multiple boots.

But the game looks great, only issues I have seen is some slightly off lighting/reflections and character shadows, Extremely playable.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

I should be into Iceborne areas by the end of today, so far the end game area of the base game has a bunch of broken reflections on the crystals but other than that fine, still playable.

*Edit*

Dj-RK as you suspected the snow/ground effects in the new area are fairly broken. =(
Is it even possible to share a save file in this game?
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

Hello

Always the same
I do not understand the interest of the fix if it is to have the problems

decor in the background that slides while shifting (foliage / plants / tents) that on a mission ... "slide" "move" shift at the same time as we run or walk ... making it an unpleasant experience

If I remove the fix type 1.0 helixmod or the latest on this forum
No problem in the background offset plan with the vegetation.

I specify that I am under 425.31 windows 7 64 bit

painful all the same not to be able to play it perfectly even in 3d CM
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Necropants wrote:I should be into Iceborne areas by the end of today, so far the end game area of the base game has a bunch of broken reflections on the crystals but other than that fine, still playable.

*Edit*

Dj-RK as you suspected the snow/ground effects in the new area are fairly broken. =(
Is it even possible to share a save file in this game?
Only just saw your edit now since I read your original post before the edit, so I didn't know there was an update. Not sure about gamesaves, but I'm only just at the point where I'm hunting my first Anjanath, so I'm pretty sure I got a long way to go, so I'll look to seeing if I can use a gamesave to skip to the new content.

stfparis17 wrote:Hello

Always the same
I do not understand the interest of the fix if it is to have the problems

decor in the background that slides while shifting (foliage / plants / tents) that on a mission ... "slide" "move" shift at the same time as we run or walk ... making it an unpleasant experience

If I remove the fix type 1.0 helixmod or the latest on this forum
No problem in the background offset plan with the vegetation.

I specify that I am under 425.31 windows 7 64 bit

painful all the same not to be able to play it perfectly even in 3d CM

Look man, it sounds like you're having issues getting this working because what you've described is not normal, but in response to where you say...
stfparis17 wrote:I do not understand the interest of the fix if it is to have the problems
I say, "I do not understand why I bother providing fixes to people if they can't even figure out how to install it properly and then bitch about it like it's my fault"

and

"If you want a fix to not have problems then make it yourself!"
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

Hello DJ-RK

I see that my post caused in you a feeling of questioning of your implication in the 3d fixes.
I am sorry for that.
Now it is true that last night I was particularly annoyed trying to play in 3d vision with good condition in this game.

Besides not only I stress the importance of your work, I even contribute modestly to contribute via a small "donation" for your time spent making games in 3d playable.

My message yesterday was not appropriate
Sorry again

Sincerely
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

*edit below.*
Last edited by Necropants on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Necropants wrote:I upgraded to the latest driver profiles theres a new driver for iceborn.

I had forgotten but I already mentioned this earlier in the thread. This is not really DJ-RK's problem. Use the fix or CM not both. CM works perfectly fine if you remove the fix.
I would not expect anyone to fix CM problems....It's enough work as it is. Unfortunately for this game as it stands its a problem because with the fix real 3d works great in the old world, but only CM works for the new zones. I recommend you just remove the fix for now and play in CM if you need to play in iceborne zones
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

Necropants wrote:

I had forgotten but I already mentioned this earlier in the thread. This is not really DJ-RK's problem. Use the fix or CM not both. CM works perfectly fine if you remove the fix.
I would not expect anyone to fix CM problems....It's enough work as it is. Unfortunately for this game as it stands its a problem because with the fix real 3d works great in the old world, but only CM works for the new zones. I recommend you just remove the fix for now and play in CM if you need to play in iceborne zones

Thanks for the info.
I still found an alternative
I have Universal.Fixes-3Dmigoto.1.3.11.x64-3DFix.Unity.Engine price
And the sliding effect disappeared and indeed I play in CM only.
good news to know that areas with snow is CM compatible
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

This sounds like a profile issue. Some change in the fix's profile probably breaks it in CM because your solution here doesnt really make sense. Removing the fix should be enough it was for me.... I played the game with the real fix until iceborne then switched to CM mode by removing the fix. now I have stopped playing and am patient to just wait....
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Ok, downloaded a savegame that let me jump into IB.

Managed to fix the snow (or at least the snow I've encountered so far. Hopefully there aren't different variants, which I doubt that there are).

Have a working solution for the blur during cutscenes, but it's got some oddities about it. First off, what's important to know is the game uses 2 different shaders, one for cutscenes during the base game and a separate one for IB cutscenes. The main gotcha about all this is if the shader for the IB cutscenes is disabled at any time other than during an IB cutscene then the screen locks up. Fortunately, it seems that the one that is used for the base game can be left disabled at all times without any issue. For now I've set up keys to enable/disable each shader separately, the key to toggle the base game shader is on '[' and the key to toggle the IB shader is 'shift [' (that's shift + [).

Haven't made any progress on the broken shadows during cutscenes/title screen, but haven't spent a lot of time here yet.

That's about it for now. I mainly wanted to get this up for people to test out the snow fix.

Download link
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Fantastic, will check this out tonight. much appreciated.
oneup03
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by oneup03 »

I gave the WIP2 version a go and saw a few issues in Astera during the daytime on the lower level:
-The nets that are part of the floor appear differently in each eye - could be an issue with shadows.
-Far off shadows on the rocks in the jungle are messed up - looks like same issue as on title screen, but don't know if it's the same shader.
-I don't remember this setting before, but there is a setting 'Capsule AO' that does not render correctly in 3D.
Other than that, it's looking good! I haven't reached Iceborne, so I can't comment there.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

This may be the wrong place to ask, but the original Monster Hunter World thread is back in that deserted old mess of a forum...I am wondering if Monster Hunter World is still working well with 3D fix?

There is a comment on the Helixblog post about a patch breaking some elements of the fix, and was curious if this is still true? I am thinking of picking it up for some additional quarantine 3D gaming, but won't be able to refund from this particular sale. thanks in advance..

oh and does the 3D fix work with online co-op? I assume it does, but some games unnecessarily use anticheat software on co-op games that block 3DMigoto for no good reason :evil:
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Shift-E wrote:This may be the wrong place to ask <snip>...I am wondering if Monster Hunter World is still working well with 3D fix?
Kinda ironic that you say/ask that in here, a thread that (if you had read) contains my latest WIP and information & feedback on the current state (ie. what's fixed and what's not).

In short: buy with confidence. It's more than playable with the WIP, but still has a little work to be done (which I've not had the time to work on since, but like everyone else, I may be spending a bit of time at home soon). Can't say whether it works in coop, I've never actually played with anyone, but I don't believe this game uses any anti-cheat middleware.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

DJ-RK wrote:
Shift-E wrote:This may be the wrong place to ask <snip>...I am wondering if Monster Hunter World is still working well with 3D fix?
Kinda ironic that you say/ask that in here, a thread that (if you had read) contains my latest WIP and information & feedback on the current state (ie. what's fixed and what's not).

In short: buy with confidence. It's more than playable with the WIP, but still has a little work to be done (which I've not had the time to work on since, but like everyone else, I may be spending a bit of time at home soon). Can't say whether it works in coop, I've never actually played with anyone, but I don't believe this game uses any anti-cheat middleware.
Oh sorry about that, for some reason I thought Iceborn was it’s own exe and separate WIP 3D fix. My bad, i’m not too familiar with the series. Very cool that you added a toggle for the hud, I will give it a go. Thanks again!
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

It works okay. But iceborne areas and some of the single-player boss instances have some broken effects. Particularly shadows/lighting on the monsters. You will not really notice until getting through the main campaign
Unfortunately, you cannot switch between CM mode and real 3D to get around some of the few issues it has because you have to remove the fix for cm mode to work properly.

It's still great work by Dj-rk and completely playable. I played up until iceborne but have shelved it for now just in case... =)
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Ahhh, gotcha. Didn't occur to me you were asking about the base game since at this point you can get the game + IB packaged together.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Annnnnd I think a recent update broke things even further again... or I'm just having some weird issues.

For starters, I've just tried installing the latest driver (445.xx) with the new tool from Robert on my Windows 10 drive, and some games are working fine, but for some reason this game doesn't want to apply my fix, it still has the default green text and such. Tried loading it up from my Windows 7, which uses the exact same install for the game. Didn't reinstall my fix or anything, and at least there the green text shows the info from my fix, but shadows are right broken again.

Anyone else that had the latest WIP working before mind booting it up to confirm if things that were fixed before are broken again, before I start working on this again?
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

I am currently too scared to use the tool since I am on 1809 and unsure if my drive clone backups are working, right now.
So I have not tried the latest drivers as I heard (but wasn't able to follow) that some changes were made recently....

Do you know whats going on here?
Will edit this after and update trying the game later on 441.87
bobisz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bobisz »

Tried a guybrush version of the game (which was a pre-iceborn version) and was absolutely amazed by it in 3D, bought the game after about 2 hours of play and was so disappointed to find out that it no longer works.
Tried the WIP fix but:

- Green text doesn't show up
- hotkeys for convergence settings doesn't work
- shadows broken
- some far objects seem to be in wrong depth?
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Sounds like you have some other issues going on there.
I just tried it, green overlay shows and CM works but pretty broken in geo 3D now. sad... =(

One interesting thing I see is the "scenery sliding" issue is now gone in CM mode so it seems like the fix is definitely not hooking in now or something.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Necropants wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:23 pm Sounds like you have some other issues going on there.
I just tried it, green overlay shows and CM works but pretty broken in geo 3D now. sad... =(

One interesting thing I see is the "scenery sliding" issue is now gone in CM mode so it seems like the fix is definitely not hooking in now or something.
Bleh, thanks for confirming the state of things for me. I've been dragging my feet with getting back to this one, I don't know why, possibly because the remaining issues were looking like headaches (not immediately obvious fixes and such). But before it was, at least, very playable and I'm pretty sure it isn't now, so I'll try to stay focused on this one. With the state of things as they are, I'm debating whether to start from scratch and redo the fix entirely. Might help get over the funk of working on this one, to be able to get reacquainted with how to fix this engine again on simpler things before tackling the harder stuff. With how broken everything is, probably be just amount the same amount of work as it would be to figure out where things are broken and refixing.

This will be like the 3rd or 4th time refixing this entire game, though, so fair warning: short of there being another major expansion (that breaks things) and me having a strong interest in it enough to refix it for that, I probably WON'T be refixing it another time otherwise. So if I do go through this effort and refix the game again now then people better get their play on and enjoy it while it lasts, because if it breaks afterward then tough luck you had your chance.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Definitely not Playable now. But I appreciate your attention immensely. If you fix it again I will quickly finish the expansion just in case.
Hopefully, they are working on the next game rather than another expac for this one.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Alright ladies and gents, it took a lot longer for me to get here than I had hoped for, but I have a pre-release build ready and could use some assistance with testing.

I can't seem to load up a downloaded save for this game, so I'm not able to test out for the Iceborne content yet and would appreciate some willing participants to check and report back for me (at your convenience, of course). A couple things I'd specifically like to have confirmed is whether there is still a vibration blur during Iceborne cinematics? And if there is, does the Shift + [ hotkey still work to resolve it? (Just remember to only switch that hotkey on during IB cinematics and switch it off during gameplay, because using it outside of cinematics used to break other effects.)

Here are the update notes:

-So, first off, there is one significant change to this fix: we must now use the 3DMigoto loader for this fix. The reason the fix broke before wasn't because they changed the shaders, itt was because they somehow broke 3DMigoto's ability for the d3d11.dll to hook in by being placed in the same folder as the .exe. So now we need to use the loader instead, which hooks in via matching the process name. Fortunately, it's as simple as dropping the folder in the included .zip file into the MHW main install directory, and then launching the 3DMigoto Loader.exe file that's contained in the extracted folder, and it will automatically find and launch the MonsterHunterWorld.exe in the game's install folder.

-Specular highlights now have correct depth and even better lighting clipping fix.

-Fixed the blurriness on surfaces. Was due to ambient occlusion getting picked up by regex and being both over and under corrected at the same time.

-Volumetric rendering is partially fixed, pretty much everything I've seen in-game is good, however enabling it causes some interference with some shadows/reflections in cutscenes to become a little bit broken. Turn off if you want perfect cutscenes (and better performance), or turn on if you're maybe already through the story and want better eye-candy during the gameplay.

-The lighting on my player's face gets slightly clipped. Unfortunately the effect is so small that it's hard for me to track down which shader is responsible here.

Pretty close to perfect at this point with VR turned off and AA set to FXAA (I haven't even tried looking at TAA, so I expect that probably still causes blur). At least for what I have encountered, but please let me know any findings.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6fmeuv7e1 ... v3_0b2.zip
Last edited by DJ-RK on Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Will give it a shot tonight since I am currently at the iceborne content.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Sadly this is not working for me.
Pretty sure I have the instructions right but it will not automatically start the game and I think it's silently crashing. But the text with the loader is saying everything I expect regarding the location of the game then...
"still waiting for the game to start...
So I start it manually.
"Target process found (3840): G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Monster Hunter World\MonsterHunterWorld.exe"...
The game doesn't appear to attempt to start and I can't find the process in list.

So I modified the .ini to try to force the game to run using it's steam ID, and this appears to work, but the game silently crashes and never starts.

"d3d11.dll description: "3Dmigoto - d3d11.dll"
3DMigoto Version 1.3.16
Loaded G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Monster Hunter World\MHW 3D Fix\d3d11.dll

3DMigoto ready, launching "steam://run/582010/"...
Target process found (4228): G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Monster Hunter World\MonsterHunterWorld.exe

Still waiting for the game to start...
If the game does not launch automatically, leave this window open and run it manually.
You can also adjust/remove the [Loader] launch= option in the d3dx.ini as desired."

Game runs fine without the loader by the way... =(

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”