Best graphic settings for UE4 games with Easy Anti Cheat?

lohan
Cross Eyed!

Best graphic settings for UE4 games with Easy Anti Cheat?

Post by lohan »

I just tried Jump Force which is an anime style beat 'em up with incredible looking special moves. This is an UE4 game and unfortunately it uses Easy Anti Cheat. So I guess there is no way to use the glorious UE4 Universal fix. Even tried it and as expected it's giving me something like "untrusted D3D11.dll".

I found out that the game is pretty playable in 3D in its default state with settings for shadow quality lowered to the minimum. Now I wonder if there is any other settings I should fiddle with that could further improve the overall 3D quality. Are there any "usual suspect"-settings in Unreal Engine 4 games that I should touch that will likely improve 3D Vision (like post processing, Anti-Aliasing etc.)

Thanks in advance!
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Best graphic settings for UE4 games with Easy Anti Cheat

Post by Vaeltaja »

From my experience at least some reflections might be broken but some post processing effects may cause trouble too. I usually tweak every UE4 game's graphics if possible. If there is no in-game options for advanced graphics settings (like ambient occlusion, motion blur, chromatic aberration etc) you need to find the game's engine.ini file and edit that. Usually it can be found somewhere in %AppData%/Local/ folders depending of the game. For example path to engine.ini for Terminator: Resistance is C:\Users\*YourUsername*\AppData\Local\Indiana\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Open engine.ini in text editor (I prefer Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/) and find the line with this text: [SystemSettings]
Under that line you can write different commands to enable/disable effects. Here's some examples:

r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.PostProcessAAQuality=0
r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0 (for chromatic aberration)
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0 (for chromatic aberration)
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0 (for filmgrain)
r.Tonemapper.Quality=0 (for filmgrain)
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=0
r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
r.BloomQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1 (adds sharpness and I prefer this over anti-aliasing)

0=disabled
1=enabled

Some options like PostProcessQuality can be set to 2.

Hope this helps.

Edit: In case if there is no engine.ini there should be GameUserSettings.ini that can ba also used but it's much more limited. It's in the same folder where engine.ini should be. I found a tweak guide for Jump Force that someone had already made: https://steamcommunity.com/app/816020/d ... 721513336/

Almost forgot: Only things that really matter in that GameUserSettings.ini are the graphics options under this line: [ScalabilityGroups] Those others only affects to game's performance and can mess things up if you don't know what you are doing. Also you should leave this setting whatever it is in the file: sg.ResolutionQuality
It scales resolution up or down.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Thanks alot for your extensive answer Vaeltaja!
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

lohan wrote:Thanks alot for your extensive answer Vaeltaja!
You're welcome, I hope it helps!
In case those settings won't help here's two more extensive lists of UE4 variables and commands:
http://www.kosmokleaner.de/ownsoft/UE4CVarBrowser.html

https://digilander.libero.it/ZioYuri78/

There's lots of stuff in that list with explanations to mess with the UE4. Most of the are irrelevant but for example if reflections cause problems, there should be some commands to disable atleast some of them and option to remove all shadows etc.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”