Strange finding with 3dmigoto's upscale feature

Innuendo1231
Two Eyed Hopeful

Strange finding with 3dmigoto's upscale feature

Post by Innuendo1231 »

So, this is where we post about 3dmigoto stuff now, right?...
I just wanted to share something I learned about its upsacling feature.
The upscaler is a lifesaver, since I have a 4k passive TV, I wouldn't be able to play any dx11 games in 3d without it (unless the game natively supports resolution scaling).
So I was setting up spyro with the recently released fix (yaaay!), but when I turned on the upscaler (3dmigoto's) all there was to see were a few gigantic pixels (like the game was rendered at 8x8 or something). Then I tried to fiddle with the usual settings, like upscaling=1 or 2, upscale_mode=0 or 1, get_resolution_from, etc. Nothing worked.
Then out of desperation and sheer vanity, I tried setting upscaling=0, which would mean "disable upscaling".

And voilà, it worked. :o

Strange :)

Maybe... what happens is that the game's engine is capable of scaling the resolution on its own, but there is no option for it given in the game's menu. With the circumstances I created however, it's forced to turn on. Perhaps...
I've experienced a case of interfering with the game's native scaling feture before. DMC5 in particular (not UE4). I can't remember how it was exactly, but I think every time I tried to upscale with 3dmigoto to 3840x2160, the game just switched to that resolution itself (which it isn't supposed to).

Anyway, hope this is useful to someone. Keep the good fixes coming, you guys are great :mrgreen:
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Strange finding with 3dmigoto's upscale feature

Post by Chtiblue »

Great! It works perfect too with Blair witch with upscale=0
EDIT As I can't get it work with "Deliver us to the moon" I think it's the game itself that made the upscale in Blairwitch in Spyro for you or like Metro Exodus. With DUTTM I have the giant pixels bugs…

EDIT 2 I made it working with DUTTM too by forcing resolution in game user settings, It was at 176x16 ( so the big pixels) instead the resolution I wanted 3200x1800 and made it read only.

So it's the game itself how made the upscale (thanks to UE4)
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Strange finding with 3dmigoto's upscale feature

Post by Chtiblue »

EDIT As I can't get it work with "Deliver us to the moon" I think it's the game itself that made the upscale in Blairwitch in Spyro for you or like Metro Exodus. With DUTTM I have the giant pixels bugs…

EDIT 2 I made it working with DUTTM too by forcing resolution in game user settings, It was at 176x16 ( so the big pixels) instead the resolution I wanted 3200x1800 and made it read only.

So it's the game itself how made the upscale (thanks to UE4)

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”