3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: 3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Post by narhicfd »

Pauldusler wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:12 am
narhicfd wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:06 pm Could someone please explain how to play a Steam game under a diff profile then the game itself, using 3Dfix manager?? Ive been trying to get a particular game to work in 3D but with no such luck. I want try and start game under diff profile that uses same game engine.
I've followed the advice of some others and used Nvidia profile inspector to change out the .exe to match the .exe of the profile I'm trying to use on it..ohh and I renamed the .exe to match the profile I'm trying to use. However, 3Dfix manager refuses to play my steam game under a diff profile
The game that won't work in 3D is my Adam's Venture Origins(unity game) . I'm trying to use the game profile for "Overcooked"(also unity)on my Adam's Venture game since it uses same engine(I actually own both games). I changed the .exe of Adam's Venture Origins to Overcooked via Nvide Profile In. I Changed the name of the .exe for Adam's Ven., Which was AV_Origins.exe to Overcooked.exe. I removed and replaced the original Overcooked.exe from the steam folder with the renamed AV_Origins which was now renamed to match the original spelling of the true Overcooked.exe then tried to start Overcooked game, with now disguised Adam's Venture Origins .exe in the place of the now removed original .exe. however when I tried to start the game up , I got this message "Could...not preload global game manager". Could anyone familiar enough with 3Dfix manager explain how to start a steam game with a diff profile, please.
I think you didn't understand how 3D Fix Manager works. Instead of making the game files fit to an existing 3DFM profile you should make the 3DFM profile fit to the game! Or even better create a new profile when you want to make a new game supported in 3DFM.
new_profile.JPG
Okay, so I cant simply run a new game..and it's profile, that isn't already on 3Dfix manager , off a pre-existing profile that's already on 3Dfix manager that matches
The same game engine as the new game I'm trying to add to 3Dfix manager??
As I've been studying more of 3D vision I'm begining to think that simply using a pre-existing profile won't magically cause the game, which I'm trying to get running in 3D, play in Stereoscopic 3D. If I make a new profile for a game and it doesn't start in 3D then I'm guessing there another reason that it's not starting in 3D then...??
t0mcpanc0ast
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by t0mcpanc0ast »

I agree with the opinion above that the antivirus software you may use overloads your system and behaves aggressively. It's better to buy full-licensed antivirus and forget about any issues. If you look at how much is Norton antivirus per year https://antivirus-review.com/norton-antivirus-review you will realize that it is not too expensive but your system will be faster and will better perform any actions.
Last edited by t0mcpanc0ast on Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

t0mcpanc0ast wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:40 pm I agree with the opinion above that the antivirus software you may use overloads your system and behaves aggressively. It's better to buy full-licensed antivirus and forget about any issues. If you look at how much is Norton antivirus per year https://antivirus-review.com/norton-antivirus-review you will realize that it is not too expensive but your system will be faster and will better perform any actions.
Yeah, although I was wrong with Avast Antivir. I installed it for testing and it made 0 issues any more. But generally I'd recommend just using Windows Defender if someone is not willing to spend any money for AntiVirus software. Because freeware is not the right way to go. It causes more trouble than it solves because it's generally super aggressive and detection is false positive very often.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Hi Markus
viewtopic.php?p=175851#p175851

btw:
* if Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is installed in windows 10.Driver download options not showing up on the 3DFixmanager Driver page ...
This situation appeared in the new windows10 installation. Thanks to 3dfixmanager, I thought I would access drivers more practically. But the driver page was completely blank.

* 3dfixmanager crashes while on the taskbar. This usually happens when I exit a game and try to reactivate the 3dfixmanager window. I do not encounter this problem very often. I just wanted to let you know.
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
nrv
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nrv »

Hi,
Is there a way to activate 3D in games from the windows store (xbox game pass special offer seduced me) ?
3D Fix Manager 1.81 does not see those games (yet ?).
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Last I heard the answer was no, because of MS restrictions on Windows Store game folders. I heard stories that for some games it might be possible to bypass that security and get the 3D fixes to work but I don't know anything about that. So I don't buy games there.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

nrv wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:51 pm Hi,
Is there a way to activate 3D in games from the windows store (xbox game pass special offer seduced me) ?
I literary have 0 games bought in Windows store but I heard Bo3b saying that 3D never worked correctly there. Not worth the extra trouble - just ignore the Microsoft store and get your games from somewhere else. Even Epic store is far better.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

TimFx7 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:13 am Hi Markus

btw:
* if Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is installed in windows 10.Driver download options not showing up on the 3DFixmanager Driver page ...
This situation appeared in the new windows10 installation. Thanks to 3dfixmanager, I thought I would access drivers more practically. But the driver page was completely blank.

* 3dfixmanager crashes while on the taskbar. This usually happens when I exit a game and try to reactivate the 3dfixmanager window. I do not encounter this problem very often. I just wanted to let you know.
Thx for the feedback. I had tested the driver install use case in the past and it worked, maybe it got broken. I'll recheck.

The other issue I have absolutely 0 clue. I never saw this happening so this one is super hard to fix if you can't reproduce a crash.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

nrv wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:51 pm Hi,
This question was asked in the other sub-forum here.
viewtopic.php?f=105&t=25450

The OP was able to find an answer, that I was unaware of. It seems that Paul Dusler, is also unaware of this.
quoted from viewtopic.php?p=166153#p166153
bo3bber wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:34 am Special delivery for The Outer Worlds. ;)

Loader for Windows Store version

This is a loader file that makes the Windows Store version of The Outer Worlds work in 3D, using Losti's fix.

The reason this is interesting is because you can get the badly named Xbox Game Pass for PC, for $1 right now as a Beta. And... The Outer Worlds is part of their collection, so you can play The Outer Worlds in 3D, for $1. And... not have to use the Epic Game Store, or wait a year for Steam release. Win-win in my book. Only drawback is that it requires Win 10 1903, but driver 425.31 was working fine.

This is all DarkStarSword's work, he built the loader mechanism and figured out the certificate signing and injection for the Win store. I've just rebuilt it following his instructions, and set it up for this game. And tested it.

If you want to try this out, you'll pretty much need admin for all these steps.

1) Create a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\TOW_3Dmigoto It needs to be in Program Files (x86) in order to run.
2) Unzip Losti's fix into that folder.
3) Copy the 3DMigoto Loader.exe file into that folder as well. It might reset the Run as Admin, so check Properties->Compatibility->Run As Administrator is set.
4) Edit the d3dx.ini file, and in the [Loader] section change the target and module lines to be:

Code: Select all

[Loader]
; Target process to load into. You can optionally include part of the directory
; structure in case the game's executable name is generic.
target = indianawindowsstore-win64-shipping.exe

; This tells the loader where to find 3DMigoto. This DLL must be located
; in the same directory as 3DMigoto Loader.exe and will be loaded in the target
; process under the same name. If d3d11.dll doesn't work try 3dmigoto.dll
module = d3d11.dll
5) Run the 3DMigoto Loader.exe out of that folder. It will bring up a command window and wait.
6) Run The Outer Worlds out of the Xbox app. As soon as it launches, 3DmigotoLoader will see it and connect, then exit.
7) Test the game using Losti's awesome fix! (Full fix whenever it's ready)

Let me know if you have problems or if it works. There is some complexity with code signing and certificate management that I'm not certain will work on other machines.

BTW, this game is pretty buggy at present. I get that full stall around the ship with a 1080ti, and it crashes periodically. For best experience, don't be in a rush to play this one, wait for Losti to finalize his fix, and also for the game to be actually finished.

Not that it is a full fledged solution, but there has been some progress made in relation to your question. So as it stands, there is one game, that you can play :)
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

TimFx7 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:13 am Hi Markus

btw:

Ah I just remember that Bo3b fixed a bug that the driver download option was not shown when my download server was not available. The fix was not contained in current version 1.81 yet. In the last days it was permanently down, totally unreliably. Since yesterday 3DFM website has moved to a new server, seems to work reliable again :).

But anyway I just did a retest with Microsoft driver and found another bug which would crash HelixVision when no Geforce driver is installed (3DFM was not affected by this). I fixed that - so it was worth getting retested. Thx.
nrv
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nrv »

Thank you guys,
I had indeed already read these topics. But the answers there were not crystal clear for me.
And I was hoping that one year later, an easier fix had been found.
With your answer I understand we still need to recompile "DarkStarSword's work" for every game.
Do you know where I could find the DarkStarSword's loader and its instructions ?
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

@Pauldusler
I have allways been a "do it myself" guy, but after finally updating to Win 10, and what follows of troubles with the driver !
I decided to give 3D FM a go, just to see if it actually would make my life easier...

Damn !! Why have I been so stubborn all this time, I could have tried it long time ago...
3D FM simply works perfect, it's perfect for the newbie but also very very great for the seasoned 3D player, it has all the features that I could wish for, and the UI is very intuitive and elegant !

Best 3D tool ever !!!! A HUGE thanks, and a donation is sent your way.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Hi Blacksmith,

thank you very much for the kind donation. Haha, you are a bit late to the party but glad you finally joined the 3DFM club :).

Don't worry, a good thing is: by not using 3DFM you learned a lot and know how to help yourself whenever you run into issues. My opinion in general is once you understood how things work it's just a waste of time to fix the same issues over and over again manually. This is exactly what 3DFM provides. Automation and comfort, not perfect but as good as possible. Glad you are happy with the tool.

Cheers!
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Rise of the Tomb Raider (start3d.exe) I updated the file.
viewtopic.php?p=175935#p175935

btw...

Code: Select all

• 3dfixmanager 1.82
	Changed: Profile info text which was previously shown only when moving the mouse cursor on the green / orange
	 info icon is shown always now (located above the fix description text). The change was done because most people
	  ignored the tooltip of the info icon.
Can you add a on/off option for experienced users who cancel this change in the interface. (3dfixmanager application settings)
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

I have some useful, user-friendly ideas. If it doesn't force you too much, it would be great if you could take the time
I am using 3DFixmanager at full capacity. I do a lot of tweaking for all the games installed on my system, for 2D and 3D, and write detailed notes to myself as shown in the picture. I personalize each game completely according to my system. however, these notes are deleted with every 3dfixmanager update. (that's why I'm backing up the profile folder.)

3DFix Update system:
• In the current system, if a game has a 3DFix update, the system reminds you that there is a constant update when you select the game. If you do not want to install, you have to tick NO, which you often see.The question is asked over and over again even when you switch to compact gui. I am afraid of install it by accident.(because I make some very extensive changes in some games in 3d correction. I'm not talking about hotkeys. Before updating, I need to remember what kind of files I changed in these games and evaluate them thoroughly.)My suggestion is as in the picture. If an update comes, let us know with a red button. who wants to install the update by pressing that button. I think it would be a more user-friendly solution.

Image .. Image

User Pages:
• The page created by the user must be stored in a separate place. This page should be viewable when requested.
Custom User Page <----> Developer Blog Page
• Switching between pages can be achieved with a single button.
• With each press, both the page changes and the name on the button changes.
• If the user has made changes to the blog page using the 3dfixmanager editor, the "Custom User Page" button will be visible.
• When you want to return to the original page, click the "Developer Blog Page" button in the same area.
• while browsing the game list. The default display must be the user created page. If the user has not updated the original page in that game, these buttons should not appear.

I have been following and supporting this wonderful work from day one. You did an amazing job, my friend.
I'm always here when you need help. Merry Christmas

Edit3:
It will be much more useful if you remove the hatched area in "compact gui". The purpose of the compact user interface is not to organize games, but to launch games easily. To no avail the game list is shrinking. Also, it would be great if you make the 3D button visible.
:)
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Thank you Pauldusler for the 3Dfix manager update!
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Emitter problems - HELP please !!!

Win 10 latest version, 3D did work perfect, but had some other non 3D related issues, I did some changes in bios, got thing working again except 3D...

The emitter doesn't lit nor red or green, and games start up in Discover mode, but every thing looks normal in the manager with 4,52,06 standard driver installed, in NVCP also reports every thin ok.
But the NV test after reinstalling driver fails where it says Usb/ emitter driver is not installed, but should that not have been installed by 3DFM ??

(I have 2 emitters, so I can say for sure that there's no hardware issues )
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:08 am Emitter problems - HELP please !!!

Win 10 latest version, 3D did work perfect, but had some other non 3D related issues, I did some changes in bios, got thing working again except 3D...

The emitter doesn't lit nor red or green, and games start up in Discover mode, but every thing looks normal in the manager with 4,52,06 standard driver installed, in NVCP also reports every thin ok.
But the NV test after reinstalling driver fails where it says Usb/ emitter driver is not installed, but should that not have been installed by 3DFM ??

(I have 2 emitters, so I can say for sure that there's no hardware issues )
a similar situation happened to me when I installed the new "windows10". It was showing the 3dfixmanager "emitter" was properly installed. In the windows10 device manager, "emitter" seemed not to be fully installed. Try reinstalling it this way.
You can access the required driver file this way.
fix_manager\Drivers\3DVisionControllerDriver\Win10\NV3DVisionUSB.Driver
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Problem solved :woot :woot :woot

Thank you so much, for pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated TimFx7 :D
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Hi Markus i have something for you.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided DX12 (start3d.exe) ;)
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25548

start parameters : -benchmark

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Eidos Montreal\Deus Ex: MD\Graphics
Fullscreen: 1
EnableDX12: 1
ExclusiveFullscreen: 0
Stereoscopic3DMode: 0
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

TimFx7 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:36 am Hi Markus i have something for you.

Super great Tim! I've just created a DX12 profile for the game, dropped the start3d.exe into the game folder and it worked at once. The only thing I have to do is to integrate the Deus Ex start3d.exe in 3DFM.

First impression is that performance for DX12 is the same as for DX11 - but this is probably wrong. In ROTTR there are just 10-20% areas where you run into CPU bottlenecks - so the naive user immediately says: "ROTTR does not profit from DirectX 12" because he just runs the benchmark or loads a savegame to a non-bottlenecked area. In SOTTR 95% of all areas are CPU bottlenecked that's why the naive user says: "Yeah the game profits from DirectX 12". I haven't played Deus Ex Mankind Divided yet (I'm still at the very beginning of the game) - I assume it will be similar to ROTTR here. Some areas will profit, most not.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Pauldusler wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:07 am
TimFx7 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:36 am Hi Markus i have something for you.

Super great Tim! I've just created a DX12 profile for the game, dropped the start3d.exe into the game folder and it worked at once. The only thing I have to do is to integrate the Deus Ex start3d.exe in 3DFM.

First impression is that performance for DX12 is the same as for DX11 - but this is probably wrong. In ROTTR there are just 10-20% areas where you run into CPU bottlenecks - so the naive user immediately says: "ROTTR does not profit from DirectX 12" because he just runs the benchmark or loads a savegame to a non-bottlenecked area. In SOTTR 95% of all areas are CPU bottlenecked that's why the naive user says: "Yeah the game profits from DirectX 12". I haven't played Deus Ex Mankind Divided yet (I'm still at the very beginning of the game) - I assume it will be similar to ROTTR here. Some areas will profit, most not.
Good point Paul. I was the naive user in my initial evaluation as I haven't played the game yet. But when I do, I will run in DX12 mode since further areas might benefit from it like you said. Would be interesting to hear your guys' experience in what areas you find improvements.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

How do you add a demo of a game that 3Dfix manager won't regonize it as being installed? There is a group of people who are working on a Mega Man Legend remake which uses unreal engine 4. Hers youtube link on it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WoF5ZtWbvEE

There's a demo of it available from the youtube link. I downloaded it and installed it. I tried to add it to 3Dfix manager but can't, I don't have enough info to give 3Dfix manager to create a profle it.
The only info I can give 3Dfix manager to try and creat a profile for it is the game launcher.exe and the game engine used. 3Dfix manager won't regonize the game title or the fact that it's installed. Obviously it won't be on the "Search Steam DB" selection. It doesn't have a steam App ID(up to this point all I have installed are steam games).
I simply can't give it enough info so 3Dfix manager shows it as installed. If it can't be added that's okay. I'll go the long rout and install unreal engine 4 universal fix and 3Dmigoto old school. Just wanted to see if it coukd be done easier way first.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

So, I may have figured out the issue. I don't know if this game is actually INSTALLED on my computer so to speak. When I look at the programs installed via the "Apps and Feature" it doesn't list it as an installed program like other games and what not. It's some kind of installer free game or something. Guess I better contact guys behind the game and see what other info I can get on this game and go from there.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

narhicfd wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:49 pm So, I may have figured out the issue. I don't know if this game is actually INSTALLED on my computer so to speak. When I look at the programs installed via the "Apps and Feature" it doesn't list it as an installed program like other games and what not. It's some kind of installer free game or something. Guess I better contact guys behind the game and see what other info I can get on this game and go from there.
The developer of this game probably can't help you as he surely has 0 clue about 3D Fix Manager.

I made a quick tutorial how to create a Mega Man Legends profile and how to make the game being detected. Have fun.
What I did is to rename the root folder of the game to "Mega Man Legends" and put that folder in G:\MyGames. Then I created a 3DFM profile and added the "G:\My Games\" path to the search paths to inform 3DFM where to look for the game. The last step can be skipped if you put the game in a folder which is already observed by 3DFM.

If you watch carefully you see that I just fill in the profile fields marked with a " * " which means the field is required. Also while creating the profile I use the "Simple View" from the dropdown list at the top left which hides all non-relevant fields.
http://fixmanager.markus-guendert.de/do ... rofile.mp4

Btw the game works nicely in 3D with the universal 3D fix.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Pauldusler wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:07 am Super great Tim! I've just created a DX12 profile for the game, dropped the start3d.exe into the game folder and it worked at once. The only thing I have to do is to integrate the Deus Ex start3d.exe in 3DFM.
Thanks Markus.
Yes you may be right. but I'm playing 3D-1080p on a 2K monitor. In my tests in various places during Deus Ex, DX11 image looks a bit clearer, although the game settings are the same.(Including ingame main screen.) Presumably, the sharpening effect in the settings menu doesn't work well enough on the DX12 .There is no big difference, but I can feel it.

can you also check it out. does the same bug appear in your game?
viewtopic.php?p=176503#p176503
Last edited by TimFx7 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Pauldusler wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:44 am
narhicfd wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:49 pm So, I may have figured out the issue. I don't know if this game is actually INSTALLED on my computer so to speak. When I look at the programs installed via the "Apps and Feature" it doesn't list it as an installed program like other games and what not. It's some kind of installer free game or something. Guess I better contact guys behind the game and see what other info I can get on this game and go from there.
The developer of this game probably can't help you as he surely has 0 clue about 3D Fix Manager.

I made a quick tutorial how to create a Mega Man Legends profile and how to make the game being detected. Have fun.
What I did is to rename the root folder of the game to "Mega Man Legends" and put that folder in G:\MyGames. Then I created a 3DFM profile and added the "G:\My Games\" path to the search paths to inform 3DFM where to look for the game. The last step can be skipped if you put the game in a folder which is already observed by 3DFM.

If you watch carefully you see that I just fill in the profile fields marked with a " * " which means the field is required. Also while creating the profile I use the "Simple View" from the dropdown list at the top left which hides all non-relevant fields.
http://fixmanager.markus-guendert.de/do ... rofile.mp4

Btw the game works nicely in 3D with the universal 3D fix.
Thanks again pauldusler. Ill have to wait till next weekend to to give it a go. While In the middle of watching your video, my computer just up and restarted on me. When it came back on I was greeted to the message that my bios had corrupted and my back up bios(didn't know that such a thing even existed)kicked in. My computer started fine after that, under the backup bios, but I need to get the original bios working again and according to the internet I need to flash the corrupted bios to get the original working. I'll do the instruction in video next weekend and let you know how it goes. Thanks again, man.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Hi Markus,

If we activated 3D from nvidia panel. When we switch to 3Dfixmanager, "Preferred refresh rate: Highest available --> to --> Use the 3D application setting " value is not true. As you know, when we do not correct this value, some game engines have problems (3D-144Hz Red warning text). If 3D is active while starting 3Dfixmanager, you can check this value and fix it if necessary. It will prevent various bug. (In the current situation, this fix only happens if 3D is started from 3dfxmanager.)
Last edited by TimFx7 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cer
One Eyed Hopeful

Elder Scrolls Online broken ?

Post by Cer »

Hi all,

recently I tried for many hours to get ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) run in Stereo-3D with 3DFM (3D Fix Manager), Helix Vision and even without any fix. Without fix I was able to start it in Anaglyph Stereo, but didn't get it to work with shutter glasses. When I press Ctrl-T the game pauses a few milliseconds (as if the driver tries to activate 3D) but then stays 2D. I tried full screen and windowed fullscreen.
With installed fix ESO just crashes right after pressing the "Play" button in the launcher. The ESO crash reporter box comes up with some information that don't help.

Did anyone make it run (in that case my overall setup might be broken), or did the last ESO update just broke the fix?
Any chance to have that fixed?
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

TimFx7 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:28 am Hi Markus,

If we activated 3D from nvidia panel. When we switch to 3Dfixmanager, "Preferred refresh rate: Highest available --> to --> Use the 3D application setting " value is not true. As you know, when we do not correct this value, some game engines have problems (3D-144Hz Red warning text). If 3D is active while starting 3Dfixmanager, you can check this value and fix it if necessary. It will prevent various bug. (In the current situation, this fix only happens if 3D is started from 3dfxmanager.)
Thx for the info. In 3DFM's code there is indeed no check on startup whether the preferred refresh rate is set correctly in Nvidia's global driver profile. However hitting the "Play 3D" button makes sure it is set correctly. Or as you already realized: using the 3D toggle in 3DFM toggle. Actually I understood that a lot of people don't want to use the "Play 3D" button because Steam's "Play" button looks much cooler but I don't really care currently as long as I'm personally happy with the app. I know I could improve a lot of things but with just 10-30€ donations each month motivation is pretty low while strangely user numbers are climbing. My best guess is that 3DFM haters start to use the app because they are forced to use Win 10 v.1903 or higher. Then nothing will work any more and they are doomed to use the app. However I didn't forget about your great suggestions you did a few weeks ago, Tim - and surely I'll implement that sooner or later.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Elder Scrolls Online broken ?

Post by Pauldusler »

Cer wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:34 am Hi all,

recently I tried for many hours to get ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) run in Stereo-3D with 3DFM (3D Fix Manager), Helix Vision and even without any fix. Without fix I was able to start it in Anaglyph Stereo, but didn't get it to work with shutter glasses. When I press Ctrl-T the game pauses a few milliseconds (as if the driver tries to activate 3D) but then stays 2D. I tried full screen and windowed fullscreen.
With installed fix ESO just crashes right after pressing the "Play" button in the launcher. The ESO crash reporter box comes up with some information that don't help.

Did anyone make it run (in that case my overall setup might be broken), or did the last ESO update just broke the fix?
Any chance to have that fixed?
I tried ESO maybe 1-2 years ago and it worked in 3D. Don't know if it still works - if I have enough space on my SSD I'll redownload and check it again.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Pauldusler wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:08 pm Thx for the info. In 3DFM's code there is indeed no check on startup whether the preferred refresh rate is set correctly in Nvidia's global driver profile. However hitting the "Play 3D" button makes sure it is set correctly. Or as you already realized: using the 3D toggle in 3DFM toggle. Actually I understood that a lot of people don't want to use the "Play 3D" button because Steam's "Play" button looks much cooler but I don't really care currently as long as I'm personally happy with the app. I know I could improve a lot of things but with just 10-30€ donations each month motivation is pretty low while strangely user numbers are climbing. My best guess is that 3DFM haters start to use the app because they are forced to use Win 10 v.1903 or higher. Then nothing will work any more and they are doomed to use the app. However I didn't forget about your great suggestions you did a few weeks ago, Tim - and surely I'll implement that sooner or later.
In general, most people are lazy to learn and adopt new things. Even if this will bring them great benefits, as long as there is no compulsion, most continue to their current habits. everyone has different reasons. your software is great and very useful. It's great that new users come in, some of them will discover as they use the program and discover what they are missing. (It's probably daunting to use this software for some because there are so many settings.It takes time and effort to understand how various features make things easier.)
Pauldusler wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:08 pm However I didn't forget about your great suggestions you did a few weeks ago, Tim - and surely I'll implement that sooner or later.
You are awesome. 8-) thank you very much, I am looking forward to it.
Cer
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Elder Scrolls Online broken ?

Post by Cer »

Pauldusler wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:16 pm I tried ESO maybe 1-2 years ago and it worked in 3D. Don't know if it still works - if I have enough space on my SSD I'll redownload and check it again.
That would be great if you could do this, I think more people would like to play ESO in 3D with glasses or HelicVision again.
It is not so much about certain shaders not working, the game don't want to even start in 3D. So my hopes are that you can quickly identify the issue and tell if there are chances to get it working again.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Hi Paul,

A small update for Company of Heroes 2 when you have a sec - looks like the existing fix uses 3dmigoto 32bit, but the game got a 64bit update and doesn't work with it - 64bit DLLs are required. More details here:

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25599&p=176838#p176838

thx
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Lysander wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:03 pm Hi Paul,

A small update for Company of Heroes 2 when you have a sec - looks like the existing fix uses 3dmigoto 32bit, but the game got a 64bit update and doesn't work with it - 64bit DLLs are required. More details here:

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25599&p=176838#p176838

thx
Thx for the info. I'll contact Bo3b whether he can replace the 3D fix with x64 DLLs on the AWS server. Or maybe 4everawake reads this :).
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Hi Paul,

Each time I want to create a new profile for a game that 3DFM didn't detect, it said "Error: install path is not a relative path." dispite the folder is correct...

If I remove the relative path, it creates the profile but said "game not installed"...

3DFM really struggles to detect games dispite I indicate the folders, half of the games are detect inside it...
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Chtiblue wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:52 am Hi Paul,

Each time I want to create a new profile for a game that 3DFM didn't detect, it said "Error: install path is not a relative path." dispite the folder is correct...

If I remove the relative path, it creates the profile but said "game not installed"...

3DFM really struggles to detect games dispite I indicate the folders, half of the games are detect inside it...
What exactly did you type into the field? I remember I added a check for absolute path.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Pauldusler wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:13 am
Chtiblue wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:52 am Hi Paul,

What exactly did you type into the field? I remember I added a check for absolute path.
H:\Game 2To\The Medium\Medium\Binaries\Win64
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Chtiblue wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:19 am H:\Game 2To\The Medium\Medium\Binaries\Win64
This is an absolute path. The program asks you to type in a relative path instead. As I knew things are not that trivial and easy to understand I added a tooltip with an explanation for each setting (move the mouse cursor above the "?" icon). People just would have to read.

See here:

The tooltip even gives an example:

"When the absolute path of the game is "C:\game title\bin\game.exe then the resulting relative install path is "bin".

Sou all you have to do is to apply the principle to your game:

Absolute path: H:\Game 2To\The Medium\Medium\Binaries\Win64\Medium-Win64-Shipping.exe
Relative path: Medium\Binaries\Win64
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Thanks amigo 8)

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”